Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Instacart is a failsite and I hate it. Tips?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Instacart is a failsite and I hate it. Tips?

Tried to use instacart at about 6am today.

Grappled with their horrible interface for awhile.

Finally after about an hour of fucking with it and choosing stuff from 2 stores, suddenly all delivery timeslots were gone (which were there at 6am when I started) for one of the stores.

The fucking tilting thing is I can't just say, "Okay, deliver one store, get the other one some other time". It's either both or nothing. And since one has no slots open, my order is stuck. So my only option is to delete everything from that second store, and re-enter it at some point.

Am I doing something wrong? The fact that you can't separate out the stores seems mind-bogglingly stupid.

Furthermore, I heard that doing this at like 3am gives you the best shot at getting a same-day delivery spot. True or not true?

As Jewish as I am, I'd totally pay extra right now just to get the shit done and delivered today. That's the other problem. The one store which IS delivering is quoting "Today through April 18", which is a pretty wide range. So if I just do nothing and come back at 3am, will I get tomorrow?

Someone help out here, I'm going nuts.

Also, don't troll this thread or post garbage in it. I'm trying to really figure this out. I can't stress how much I hate services like these.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also what is the proper tip % to leave? It is suggesting 5%. Is that too high or too low? Order is about $150 from each place.

Load Metric
    Thanks for that awesome, working link in your OP.

I, & everyone else, now know exactly what you're talking about.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

It's a grocery shopper site.

Trying to use it so I don't catch the corona

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

It's a grocery shopper site.

Trying to use it so I don't catch the corona
    Obviously I know it's for online shopping but now I know it's for groceries(only?) so at least I learned something today.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    You have a better shot at hitting a 1 outer than getting an order delivered from those sites. I have been trying for the past 3 weeks for Freshdirect/PeaPod at all times but no luck.

I have also heard 3-6 am is the best but I haven't been up at that time more than once or twice to test it out fully.

Load Metric
    Also what is the proper tip % to leave? It is suggesting 5%. Is that too high or too low? Order is about $150 from each place.

I tip 20%. These people are putting their lives on the line for us.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Shipt is a shopping app in south Florida that we have had great luck with. They do most grocery stories Target and ABc liquors. It’s a subscription service that costs $99 a year (we had it before all this). No service fee so long as the orde is at least $35.

You do need to think ahead as time slots are a day or two out.

We tip 10% normally but going 15% recently - but 3/5 times we have had the same shopper who we really get along with. Something we have noticed is nobody has toilet paper in stock but the Shipt shoppers “just happen” to have a 4 pack that they give us for free as a thank you..... that just happens to translate into an extra $5 tip from us.

Load Metric
    I've been using Amazon Fresh. It's basically impossible to find a time slot in my area without using this script though https://github.com/ahertel/Amazon-Fr...ry-slot-finder

I've made 2 orders in past couple weeks with it, had to run the script for ~2 hours each time.

I've just been leaving the suggested tip which is 8 or 9%. They just leave it in my lobby and send a text, no interaction with the delivery guy.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    I've been using Amazon Fresh. It's basically impossible to find a time slot in my area without using this script though https://github.com/ahertel/Amazon-Fr...ry-slot-finder

I've made 2 orders in past couple weeks with it, had to run the script for ~2 hours each time.

I've just been leaving the suggested tip which is 8 or 9%. They just leave it in my lobby and send a text, no interaction with the delivery guy.

This looks great. However, If you are a new Amazon Fresh customer, you are now put on a waitlist.

This fucking feels like Communist Russia. Waiting hours in bread lines. Looks like Bernie got his wish even without winning

Silver
    Load Metric
    Just go shopping, stop living in fear.

Load Metric
    People are baiting Instacart workers with huge tips then slashing them to zero

Instacart allows users to adjust tips up to three days after delivery

https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/10/2...ivery-pandemic

There are other reports of Instacart workers just flat out stealing people's groceries.

Not a very reliable service.

Probably better off finding a better delivery service that don't wear t-shirts that look so gay.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Fucking assholes!

ftpjesus: If a driver doesnt delivery you report them.. Agree customers shouldnt be able to slash tips 72hrs out its bullshit and needs to stop.. PS I know some drivers none of htem wear those fucking shirts :))

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Tipping should be mandatory. 10%-15% and if you want to dispute, you have to email and wait till they get to your request

However, if "tip baiting" means that you get your groceries faster, than by all means go ahead. But keep in mind these people know where you live so if they put 2+2 together, you might be in for a rude knock on your door one day, by someone who has very little to lose.

Gold
    Load Metric
    ITT: We learn Druff doesn't believe his own PR RE: his immune system.

Comments

SPIT this: same as it ever was

Muck Ficon: Lol
    shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Tipping should be mandatory. 10%-15% and if you want to dispute, you have to email and wait till they get to your request

However, if "tip baiting" means that you get your groceries faster, than by all means go ahead. But keep in mind these people know where you live so if they put 2+2 together, you might be in for a rude knock on your door one day, by someone who has very little to lose.
    In the age of personal data gathering you would be wise to tread lightly with those who handle your food. If you presume you can practice shenanigans with anonymity and impunity you will be disabused in ways that might take you a while to suss out.

As an example.... More and more restaurants are steering their customers to an app to make their reservations. This is just the front end of a data collection service designed to facilitate better service and customer loyalty

Name:  551DFA64-EA10-4A82-B205-DB5C014B27E9.jpeg
Views: 701
Size:  367.9 KB

That the engines reach out across the web to harness Facebook, LinkedIn etc to gather info is creepy as fuck but that’s just me.

Go ahead and fuck with your server. I dare ya. In the end, that what the Instacart person amounts to.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

Amazon Fresh won't deliver to my area.

Is there a similar script for Instacart that you know of?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Regarding the tips, the default on Instacart is 5%. I tried raising to 20% to see if it would get me a delivery slot, and it doesn't.

I'll kick it up to 10%, now that I think about it. I see that you can pay $9.99/month to avoid delivery fees (which are separate from tips), which looks like I should probably do.

I think I'll try late at night. If it fails, I'l have to move to plan B and start talking to people I know in the community who might like the job of delivering groceries to me.

Comments

OSA: god youre such a jew

Load Metric
    Regarding the tips, the default on Instacart is 5%. I tried raising to 20% to see if it would get me a delivery slot, and it doesn't.

I'll kick it up to 10%, now that I think about it. I see that you can pay $9.99/month to avoid delivery fees (which are separate from tips), which looks like I should probably do.

I think I'll try late at night. If it fails, I'l have to move to plan B and start talking to people I know in the community who might like the job of delivering groceries to me.
    Why would you tip 20% in a restaurant and not tip 20% for some guy wandering around a grocery store with coronavirus all over the place? This is the deal, you will likely get the guy picking your groceries you do not want if you tip 5 or 10%. If someone is picking an orange for me, I am giving 20% because I know he has a better chance of being clean. 5% tip, you get what you get.

Comments

DirtyErnie:

Hockey Guy: Obviously 20% should be the minimum.

splitthis:

Silver
    Load Metric

5% is way too low of a tip. First these folks are arguably putting themselves in harms way to get your groceries. Secondly they actually put in a lot of work. They actually do your shopping. It’s not like you order and they just show up pick up your completed order. They actually have to pick everything themselves. They are putting in a lot of time. I don’t know how they determine if slots are open but I do know that drivers can select deliveries they want and see the tips in advance. So a bigger tip will get you faster service.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Why would you tip 20% in a restaurant and not tip 20% for some guy wandering around a grocery store with coronavirus all over the place? This is the deal, you will likely get the guy picking your groceries you do not want if you tip 5 or 10%. If someone is picking an orange for me, I am giving 20% because I know he has a better chance of being clean. 5% tip, you get what you get.
    I want to tip the standard of what people tip. I don't want to undertip, but I don't see the need to overtip.

I understand exactly the risk these people are taking. However, the people working in the supermarket are taking even more of a risk. Do you tip them? I doubt it. Many of them are making much less than these Instacart drivers.

This is American tipping culture rearing its ugly head again. People tip to make themselves feel good, rather than to actually do the right thing. If you were so concerned about doing the right thing, you would tip every grocery worker you come across when doing the shopping yourself.

I do believe that these delivery people deserve extra money now compared to normally. I would much prefer they were just paid what they're worth, and the prices were adjusted up a bit, and the whole tipping thing was out of the equation. Since that's not the case, I will tip whatever is standard. I've never used any service like this because I normally hate them, so I didn't know (and still don't know) what is standard. I assumed the default 5% was standard, but maybe not.

So I'll kick it to 10%, and I'll adjust it up if either:

1) It really does get me a delivery slot faster (I still have to research this)
    -or-
    2) I get the same driver in most cases (or I can control it) and I think they're doing a good job

Comments

OSA: GOD YOURE SUCH A JEW TODD IS GOD

Thread Information