Thread: Instacart is a failsite and I hate it. Tips?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Instacart is a failsite and I hate it. Tips?

Tried to use instacart at about 6am today.

Grappled with their horrible interface for awhile.

Finally after about an hour of fucking with it and choosing stuff from 2 stores, suddenly all delivery timeslots were gone (which were there at 6am when I started) for one of the stores.

The fucking tilting thing is I can't just say, "Okay, deliver one store, get the other one some other time". It's either both or nothing. And since one has no slots open, my order is stuck. So my only option is to delete everything from that second store, and re-enter it at some point.

Am I doing something wrong? The fact that you can't separate out the stores seems mind-bogglingly stupid.

Furthermore, I heard that doing this at like 3am gives you the best shot at getting a same-day delivery spot. True or not true?

As Jewish as I am, I'd totally pay extra right now just to get the shit done and delivered today. That's the other problem. The one store which IS delivering is quoting "Today through April 18", which is a pretty wide range. So if I just do nothing and come back at 3am, will I get tomorrow?

Someone help out here, I'm going nuts.

Also, don't troll this thread or post garbage in it. I'm trying to really figure this out. I can't stress how much I hate services like these.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also what is the proper tip % to leave? It is suggesting 5%. Is that too high or too low? Order is about $150 from each place.

Load Metric
    Thanks for that awesome, working link in your OP.

I, & everyone else, now know exactly what you're talking about.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

It's a grocery shopper site.

Trying to use it so I don't catch the corona

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

It's a grocery shopper site.

Trying to use it so I don't catch the corona
    Obviously I know it's for online shopping but now I know it's for groceries(only?) so at least I learned something today.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    You have a better shot at hitting a 1 outer than getting an order delivered from those sites. I have been trying for the past 3 weeks for Freshdirect/PeaPod at all times but no luck.

I have also heard 3-6 am is the best but I haven't been up at that time more than once or twice to test it out fully.

Load Metric
    Also what is the proper tip % to leave? It is suggesting 5%. Is that too high or too low? Order is about $150 from each place.

I tip 20%. These people are putting their lives on the line for us.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Whats worse is while the drivers/whatever will get that tip often theyve been guilty of supplementing their own payment with the tips paid to drivers thus minimizing what they have to pay folks who are their contractors.. Yes folks Im still a free market kind of guy but theres a fine line and IC and some others are shitting on it.. Companies shouldnt be offsetting the payments they make against tips drivers get.. That would be like resturants being allowed to totally shit and not pay tip credit @2.13 or whatever the min tipped wage is which is basically what some o fthese companies are doing.. Doordash,and Grubhub have been accused of it also.. My advice DO NOT Put the tip online I know its a PITA but cash tips force the company to pay the fair market rate to get deliveries done.. (If a delivery is left hanging like a good capitalist system IC or whomever has to start offering more money for the delivery to get somebody to take it.. Seems fair.. but like I said theyve notoriously subsidized the driver payments with tips in the past and still do at times.)

Ill be honest Druff as far as the Tip amount take into consideration how much your ordering not the prices to drivers thats what matters.. Somebody could order $50 in bottled water via cases and it be a heavy ass nasty order and even a 20% tip aint enough for that.. I mean lets be honest a full grocery order thats a full cart could be anything from $100-$400 depending on what your ordering.. Same time an IC driver could get an order for some $500 bottle of scotch should they get a $50 tip for simply picking up a single bottle and bringing it to your house.... Number of items matters in these things more so then pct of the total

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

my 2 cents..I am a Sports sport and i would def Do 5 apc.... If the guy was cheerful, helpful, and all went well i might throw him 10...But 5.00$ i "say Thank you sir",..

Load Metric
    wtf are you trying to say fkn moron

Load Metric
    Tried to use instacart at about 6am today.

Grappled with their horrible interface for awhile.

Finally after about an hour of fucking with it and choosing stuff from 2 stores, suddenly all delivery timeslots were gone (which were there at 6am when I started) for one of the stores.

The fucking tilting thing is I can't just say, "Okay, deliver one store, get the other one some other time". It's either both or nothing. And since one has no slots open, my order is stuck. So my only option is to delete everything from that second store, and re-enter it at some point.

Am I doing something wrong? The fact that you can't separate out the stores seems mind-bogglingly stupid.

Furthermore, I heard that doing this at like 3am gives you the best shot at getting a same-day delivery spot. True or not true?

As Jewish as I am, I'd totally pay extra right now just to get the shit done and delivered today. That's the other problem. The one store which IS delivering is quoting "Today through April 18", which is a pretty wide range. So if I just do nothing and come back at 3am, will I get tomorrow?

Someone help out here, I'm going nuts.

Also, don't troll this thread or post garbage in it. I'm trying to really figure this out. I can't stress how much I hate services like these.
    I know folks who do shopping and delivery for instacart its not pretty.. Of all the gig jobs out there Instacart is clearly the worst and borders on slave labor at times.. The pay is wretched (and seems to have gotten worse now with the COVID-19 situation instead of paying better due to demand its become a joke). In some cases people being paid $20 for over 2hrs worth of work to shop load groceries and deliver them (which is belong minimum wage in several states not to mention the gas and wear and tear on cars.. People think Uber and Lyft are robbing drivers theyve seen nothing yet with what IC does). If folks are lucky enough to snag one of the instore only shopping jobs where the person just shops in the store for the customer (has to commit to close ot 30hrs a week at $12/hr) its not as bad I suppose but those jobs seem few nad far between primarily seems to be stores like Sprouts and a couple others..

Thread Information