Page 62 of 634 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162562 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 12669

Thread: **OFFICIAL Donald J. Trump vs. Joseph (Joe) R. Biden Thread - 2020 Presidential Election**

Load Metric
    Make sure to bet on *checks notes* Trump +115

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 6.20.20 PM.png
Views: 422
Size:  122.8 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    if i was conspiratorially minded id say they wanted to lure the left into a false sense of security.
    Absolutely. They will pull every kind of trick possible to prevent people from voting in key swing states. Including under the guise of simple incompetence. Look at Georgia a few weeks ago. Sure you can vote if you stand in line for 6 hours. LOL "democracy" my ass. If that's not enough the deliberately hackable voting systems bought from Republican donors at inflated prices will come in handy.

Beg borrow and steal to get money on Trump. There's value all over the place.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    if i was conspiratorially minded id say they wanted to lure the left into a false sense of security.
    Absolutely. They will pull every kind of trick possible to prevent people from voting in key swing states. Including under the guise of simple incompetence. Look at Georgia a few weeks ago. Sure you can vote if you stand in line for 6 hours. LOL "democracy" my ass. If that's not enough the deliberately hackable voting systems bought from Republican donors at inflated prices will come in handy.

Maybe it actually was simple incompetence?

Though I guess it wouldn't surprise me if the deep south pulled shenanigans to fuck black people.

I just find a weird irony that those complaining about unfair elections also want no ID taken to vote, and aren't interested in discussing a system where poor people could get some kind of free national ID in order to enable that. The whole argument seems lack honesty, especially since we actually had a Presidential election decided by dead people voting (Kennedy in 1960).

If we're going to be honest, we have to admit that both parties are self-interested, and will use whatever dirty tricks they can to get more votes of their own and suppress votes against them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Though I guess it wouldn't surprise me if the deep south pulled shenanigans to fuck black people.

I just find a weird irony that those complaining about unfair elections also want no ID taken to vote, and aren't interested in discussing a system where poor people could get some kind of free national ID in order to enable that. The whole argument seems lack honesty, especially since we actually had a Presidential election decided by dead people voting (Kennedy in 1960).

If we're going to be honest, we have to admit that both parties are self-interested, and will use whatever dirty tricks they can to get more votes of their own and suppress votes against them.
    If truly free and EASY to obtain then no problem. (No standing in line at a DMV for example. Can be done by mail to every address in the country.)

It used to be conservatives who were against the national ID concept, if memory serves.

The same "simple incompetence" happens every single election and disproportionately affects minority areas. Nothing can be done about it when it happens time after time?

False equivalence. Of course both parties are self-interested but there's only one that repeatedly admits out loud that their goal is to stop people from voting. When was the last time there was any PROVEN coordinated attempt at in-person voter fraud of the type that would be stopped by IDs? Answer: never. Whereas there are many examples of disenfranchisement of minority voters turning an election. Improper purging of voter rolls in Florida in 2000 and Georgia in 2018 for example. In the latter case the guy who did it was also a candidate in the election! Sheer corruption from Republicans.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Honest question, are there really a significant number of people that don’t have an ID? Are we talking just the homeless? Even if you’re poor and get assistance don’t you have to have an ID to receive the benefits?

Load Metric
    just another bad day for murica.

no word from the news that completely incompetent and manically narcissistic donnie darkdo and mass murdering mike the pedo are dead.

sad.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Honest question, are there really a significant number of people that don’t have an ID? Are we talking just the homeless? Even if you’re poor and get assistance don’t you have to have an ID to receive the benefits?
    Seems the number is ~10% or ~20 million otherwise eligible voters.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Really amazing number if true. 20 million adults can make it through life without an ID? Only like 3 million of those are homeless so how do the rest survive? Can you get benefits without an ID? I guess my white privilege doesn't allow me to picture it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

If truly free and EASY to obtain then no problem. (No standing in line at a DMV for example. Can be done by mail to every address in the country.)

It used to be conservatives who were against the national ID concept, if memory serves.

The same "simple incompetence" happens every single election and disproportionately affects minority areas. Nothing can be done about it when it happens time after time?

False equivalence. Of course both parties are self-interested but there's only one that repeatedly admits out loud that their goal is to stop people from voting. When was the last time there was any PROVEN coordinated attempt at in-person voter fraud of the type that would be stopped by IDs? Answer: never. Whereas there are many examples of disenfranchisement of minority voters turning an election. Improper purging of voter rolls in Florida in 2000 and Georgia in 2018 for example. In the latter case the guy who did it was also a candidate in the election! Sheer corruption from Republicans.
    It's very hard to prove significant voter fraud from voting as someone else. You can't just do a simple audit to figure this out.

If I show up and vote in another precinct under a fake name, there is 0% chance it would be detected.

It's like saying, "Until you prove that a lot of neighborhoods in the area had significant break-ins due to unlocked doors, I'm going to assume it's safe to leave all of my doors unlocked at home."

That's an absurd argument, and not how security ever works. If you see a legitimate security threat (which allowing fake registrations and no attempt to validate them really is), then you close it. You don't wait for something bad to be proven occurring before doing so.

Most Democrats do NOT push for a National ID system to solve the voter registration issue. Instead, they just want no ID. There are exceptions, but that's generally what is happening.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

Really amazing number if true. 20 million adults can make it through life without an ID? Only like 3 million of those are homeless so how do the rest survive? Can you get benefits without an ID? I guess my white privilege doesn't allow me to picture it.
    I imagine the main reason for someone without an ID is that they had one at some point and it expired/was lost and not renewed within the time frame required for it to be easy. I could be wrong about this.

You can get a job, have them run a background check, open a checking account, apply for a credit card, pay your taxes and more all without an ID . I'm not wrong about this - at least for many states, but probably all.

It's very hard to prove significant voter fraud from voting as someone else. You can't just do a simple audit to figure this out.

If I show up and vote in another precinct under a fake name, there is 0% chance it would be detected.

It's like saying, "Until you prove that a lot of neighborhoods in the area had significant break-ins due to unlocked doors, I'm going to assume it's safe to leave all of my doors unlocked at home."

That's an absurd argument, and not how security ever works. If you see a legitimate security threat (which allowing fake registrations and no attempt to validate them really is), then you close it. You don't wait for something bad to be proven occurring before doing so.

Most Democrats do NOT push for a National ID system to solve the voter registration issue. Instead, they just want no ID. There are exceptions, but that's generally what is happening.
    There's no real incentive for anyone to decide to commit voter fraud. 'Every vote matters', yeah, but really your vote specifically doesn't matter because math. You could use the same argument for individuals when it comes to social distancing or recycling your bottles/cans or not wasting water.

If there were serious voter fraud (as in individuals voting that didn't have the right to vote) to the degree that it could influence anything more than a small town local election (or maybe a bit bigger, but literally never a general presidential election) it would require some pretty serious organization - which would be much easier to detect than the individual cases of people voting who aren't entitled to vote.

Assuming that there's rampant voter fraud because it would be easy for millions of people to vote who don't have the right to vote is bullshit.

The real question: how many potential votes are worth suppressing for allowing potential illegal ones.

Comments

dwai: honestly your best post on pfa
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 06-16-2020 at 08:41 PM.

Load Metric

That analogy doesn't make any sense.

A person would have to voter under the name of a registered voter they knew wouldn't vote. Or one that they falsely registered, that would vote in a different polling place because obviously they can't vote twice at the same place. Sure it's conceivable this happens on occasion, but wouldn't at least a handful of people be caught doing this by now? If it's enough to make a difference in any election it would have to be done on a massive scale. The Republicans are crying fraud fraud fraud, where's an example of it? Meanwhile they are throwing voters off the rolls hundreds of thousands at a time or running elections so poorly that in some places people have to wait in line for 6 hours and those places just so happen to always be minority places. Amazing how consistently that happens.

Bullshit.

Load Metric
    What are the odds of neither Trump nor Biden will still be President come Election Day 2024?

Load Metric
    for anyone betting on trump to pull this out, there is one and only one bet you should be making

predictit has the winner of the popular vote being president -- yes 75, no 25

with new york and california, the likelihood of trump winning the popular vote is 0.0%... but he still has a good chance of winning the electoral college.

biden might blurt out something about "coloreds" mid-debate

so... if you think trump will win, you want to bet "no." you're basically getting 3-1 odds that trump wins the presidency. this is much better odds than you're seeing on betting trump straight up.

even if you don't think trump will win, it might be worth betting on him here, just for the 3-1 odds.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: This Is What I'm Talking About Rep!

Dan Druff: great tip

nightmarefish:

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    for anyone betting on trump to pull this out, there is one and only one bet you should be making

with new york and california, the likelihood of trump winning the popular vote is 0.0%... but he still has a good chance of winning the electoral college.

so... if you think trump will win, you want to bet "no." you're basically getting 3-1 odds that trump wins the presidency. this is much better odds than you're seeing on betting trump straight up.

even if you don't think trump will win, it might be worth betting on him here, just for the 3-1 odds.
    this is fucking brilliant, blake!!! this is what I was looking for...

that bet is absolutely printing money for the trump side...

Comments

blake: yes it is

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    What are the odds of neither Trump nor Biden will still be President come Election Day 2024?
    out of my ass

im thinking 30% chance

Load Metric
    Name:  dd217fc4e91fc181d48df0d30a8e1d7c.png
Views: 253
Size:  24.3 KB

Diamond
    Load Metric
    rn might seriously be the best time to bet trump, especially for u pussy faggots that like sure things. idk what could happen for it to be better, but im sure something could and probably will. despite the polls looking bad for Trump, i noticed he has shifted to -130 on sportsbook to win FL. bet yet he is 43 cents on predictit. i can't even use my 30% deposit bonus on sportsbook to do better

trump is 57 cents in Iowa and Ohio, realistically -200 is a good bet for him. won them both by 9% in 2016, same as he won texas by

Platinum
    Load Metric

All you need to do is find a similar gem on the Biden side where you could bet Biden at even so essentially free roll the Trump bet.

Platinum
    Load Metric

All you need to do is find a similar gem on the Biden side where you could bet Biden at even so essentially free roll the Trump bet.
    i mean you don't even need that, if you could get biden at even money to win the general and held trump at 2:1 that's still a great bet...

i was all excited to press this one last night and i took way less than i originally wanted to...even at 3:1 i still need more risk premium on trump with 4 months to go...and i realize how insane that statement is as i type it...

Thread Information