Page 499 of 634 FirstFirst ... 399449489495496497498499500501502503509549599 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,980 of 12669

Thread: **OFFICIAL Donald J. Trump vs. Joseph (Joe) R. Biden Thread - 2020 Presidential Election**

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    sonatine wants us to listen to the experts, but he can't explain in a few sentences why these "experts" are right.
    how do you explain how well south korea did with covid? they say it was early testing and quarantining that did it.

Comments

rum dick: Taiwan, New Zealand, Vietnam... the list goes on and on

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Druff, you do realize that covid is being spread by asymptomatic carriers, right? My wife's cousin came down with the sniffles, was tested for covid and was positive, his wife and kids who had no symptoms and were going about their lives also tested positive. Now they're all home not unknowingly infecting others.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    sonatine wants us to listen to the experts, but he can't explain in a few sentences why these "experts" are right.
    how do you explain how well south korea did with covid? they say it was early testing and quarantining that did it.
    them stupid chinks already wear masks, can't compare apples and oranges

Load Metric
    Republicans are desperately trying to get GA's Sec of State to invalidate every mail-in ballot.

Sure let's disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of people. No big deal.

He and his wife are receiving death threats. Because Republicans stand for the rule of law.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    ATTENTION SIDEDISH: I know you're here somewhere

I had to break up my escrow to Druff in a few pieces due to transaction limits.

Some is already escrowed, remainder will be escrowed tomorrow.

GL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Different culture, different type of population.

In general, Asian cultures are much more reverential of government and willing to be bossed around by those in authority. That has its upside and downsides, but in a pandemic, obviously such a culture has an advantage.

Basically everyone was told to stay home, and to quarantine if they even suspected symptoms. It wasn't the testing that did it -- it was the mass cooperation from a population from 51 million which you'd never get out here.

The US began via a distrust of government and the assertion of the rights of the individual. These themes have been with us throughout US history. It has produced the most free society in world history, and many other positive things, but it also lends itself to being tough to fully control. This has become even more true as the partisan divide has become sharper, and half the population doesn't trust the other half.

Anyway, the short answer is that it's societal differences, not leadership differences. What was done in South Korea would have never worked over here, no matter who was President.

Load Metric
    Hey all you Trumptards who said you like Trump for staying out of middle east quagmires?

Trump's trying to attack Iran in the last few weeks of his presidency.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/16/u...gtype=Homepage

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    Druff, you do realize that covid is being spread by asymptomatic carriers, right? My wife's cousin came down with the sniffles, was tested for covid and was positive, his wife and kids who had no symptoms and were going about their lives also tested positive. Now they're all home not unknowingly infecting others.
    Unless something has changed since I last read about it, it's currently inconclusive whether or not asymptomatic people typically spread COVID. There are/were some theories (by well-respected scientists, not crackpots) that most of the spread comes from pre-symptomatic people -- ones destined to be symptomatic in 24-48 hours, but not asymptomatic.

Regardless, even if we want to say that asymptomatic people are spreading it, that just strengthens my point.

Your wife's cousin's family only tested because someone in their family had symptoms. However, if the entire family was asymptomatic (which it almost was), nobody would have tested, and they would have been spreading it without knowing it.

That's my entire point. If pre-symptomatic (and maybe asymptomatic) people are spreading it, and have no reason to test (because they are healthy and don't think they were exposed to COVID), then a well-executed testing plan for the citizenry isn't going to stop the spread.

If you think I'm making the case that testing is useless, I'm not. There's a difference between something being useful and game-changing. I'm stating that testing is useful, but not essential or game-changing when it comes to COVID.

By the way, go read my thread about Master Scalir and his experience with COVID. This was my first hands-on experience with trying to find testing in LA, and it was pretty shocking how bad the entire thing was. While there is no shortage of tests now, it was difficult and cumbersome to find and set up a test, and I imagine that a lot of people who aren't computer-savvy (or simply don't own one) simply give up and don't bother. The city of LA is run by Democrats, as you well know.

It's fantasyland to believe that someone other than Trump in charge would have resulted in a South Korea type result for the US.

Load Metric

In general, Asian cultures are much more reverential of government and willing to be bossed around by those in authority. That has its upside and downsides, but in a pandemic, obviously such a culture has an advantage.

Basically everyone was told to stay home, and to quarantine if they even suspected symptoms. It wasn't the testing that did it -- it was the mass cooperation from a population from 51 million which you'd never get out here.

The US began via a distrust of government and the assertion of the rights of the individual. These themes have been with us throughout US history. It has produced the most free society in world history, and many other positive things, but it also lends itself to being tough to fully control. This has become even more true as the partisan divide has become sharper, and half the population doesn't trust the other half.

Anyway, the short answer is that it's societal differences, not leadership differences. What was done in South Korea would have never worked over here, no matter who was President.

Early on, Trump’s many rabid supporters would have gladly worn diapers over their street clothes in addition to wearing face masks as a precautionary measure against COVID if Trump had done so himself when out in public and called on his base to do so as “American patriots”, especially if he could then point to Dems as responsible for spreading COVID by them at best only wearing face masks.

But Trump massively fucked up early on by downplaying the threat of the virus for a number of reasons, and then could never bring himself to admit this initial mistake and get on board with taking the risk serious. So he had to continue acting like it wasn’t a big deal and tried to childishly wish the problem away, just like how he responded to the crises he had running his many businesses into the ground whenever he managed them himself.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 11-16-2020 at 05:03 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Highlighted text not very accurate

And forget how dumb your population is for a second, please state for the record the downside of wearing a mask? Even the experts admit they cannot be certain on many things Covid related, so if you are in charge, do you promote erring on the side of caution or just doing your own thing?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Early on, Trump’s many rabid supporters would have gladly worn diapers over their street clothes in addition to wearing face masks as a precautionary measure against COVID if Trump had done so himself when our in public and called on his base to do so as “American patriots”, especially if he could then point to Dems as responsible for spreading COVID by only wearing face masks.
    Early on, Anthony Fauci said people weren't supposed to wear masks.

Remember that?

Load Metric

Early on, Trump’s many rabid supporters would have gladly worn diapers over their street clothes in addition to wearing face masks as a precautionary measure against COVID if Trump had done so himself when our in public and called on his base to do so as “American patriots”, especially if he could then point to Dems as responsible for spreading COVID by only wearing face masks.

Remember that?
    How many fucking times do you need to be corrected on this matter??? For the fucking Nth time... Fauci said that the availability of masks was so low that the existing supply needed to be saved for health workers to have to use. If he had encouraged the general public to rush out and get masks at that time, health workers would not have had enough and the health care system would have been in much greater danger of collapsing if too many of them got COVID.

Seriously, Druff! Do you have some kind of brain damage or something? I must be the 10th person on here who has corrected you on this matter!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Remember that?
    How many fucking times do you need to be corrected on this matter??? For the fucking Nth time... Fauci said that the availability of masks was so low that the existing supply needed to be saved for health workers to have to use. If he had encouraged the general public to rush out and get masks at that time, health workers would not have had enough and the health care system would have been in much greater danger of collapsing if too many of them got COVID.

Seriously, Druff! Do you have some kind of brain damage or something? I must be to 10th person on here who has corrected you on this matter!

what part of what druff said was inaccurate?

you are making it sound like fauci was honest and came out and told the public that "masks will help protect you but don't buy them because the hospital workers need them."

that's not what he did.

he just told the public that masks won't really help.

i'm sure he did this because he didn't want a shortage for hospitals, but that doesn't change the fact that he lied to the american public, even if it was for the right reasons.

Comments

dwai: truth

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Seriously, Druff! Do you have some kind of brain damage or something? I must be to 10th person on here who has corrected you on this matter!

you are making it sound like fauci was honest and came out and told the public that "masks will help protect you but don't buy them because the hospital workers need them."

that's not what he did.

i'm sure he did this because he didn't want a shortage for hospitals, but that doesn't change the fact that he lied to the american public, even if it was for the right reasons.
    Can you read, did you try? Doesn't look like it.

Load Metric

Early on, Trump’s many rabid supporters would have gladly worn diapers over their street clothes in addition to wearing face masks as a precautionary measure against COVID if Trump had done so himself when out in public and called on his base to do so as “American patriots”, especially if he could then point to Dems as responsible for spreading COVID by them at best only wearing face masks.

But Trump massively fucked up early on by downplaying the threat of the virus for a number of reasons, and then could never bring himself to admit this initial mistake and get on board with taking the risk serious. So he had to continue acting like it wasn’t a big deal and tried to childishly wish the problem away, just like how he responded to the crises he had running his many businesses into the ground whenever he managed them himself.
    :TDS

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    Unless something has changed since I last read about it, it's currently inconclusive whether or not asymptomatic people typically spread COVID. There are/were some theories (by well-respected scientists, not crackpots) that most of the spread comes from pre-symptomatic people -- ones destined to be symptomatic in 24-48 hours, but not asymptomatic.

Regardless, even if we want to say that asymptomatic people are spreading it, that just strengthens my point.

Your wife's cousin's family only tested because someone in their family had symptoms. However, if the entire family was asymptomatic (which it almost was), nobody would have tested, and they would have been spreading it without knowing it.

That's my entire point. If pre-symptomatic (and maybe asymptomatic) people are spreading it, and have no reason to test (because they are healthy and don't think they were exposed to COVID), then a well-executed testing plan for the citizenry isn't going to stop the spread.

If you think I'm making the case that testing is useless, I'm not. There's a difference between something being useful and game-changing. I'm stating that testing is useful, but not essential or game-changing when it comes to COVID.

By the way, go read my thread about Master Scalir and his experience with COVID. This was my first hands-on experience with trying to find testing in LA, and it was pretty shocking how bad the entire thing was. While there is no shortage of tests now, it was difficult and cumbersome to find and set up a test, and I imagine that a lot of people who aren't computer-savvy (or simply don't own one) simply give up and don't bother. The city of LA is run by Democrats, as you well know.

It's fantasyland to believe that someone other than Trump in charge would have resulted in a South Korea type result for the US.

Let's try this. Do agree or disagree that tens of thousands of American lives would have been saved if we had decent testing at the beginning coupled with Trump aggressively advocating for mask wearing?

Load Metric
    You already know the answer to this.

Load Metric
    Okie dokie, Sidney...

"“We are fixing to overturn the results of the election in multiple states and President Trump won by not just hundreds of thousands of votes but by millions of votes that were shifted by the software that was designed expressly for that purpose,” Powell declared."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-ne...iracy?ref=home

PS make sure to buy some of her sweet sweet sweet merch here:

https://www.sidneypowell.com/shop/p/...amission-shirt

Load Metric

that's not what he did.

in fairness fauci was making educated comments based on a lifetime of experience and incomplete / falsified information, whereas druffs arguing that dunning kruger is every bit as valid as a lifetime of experience and study.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information