Page 322 of 634 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372422 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,440 of 12669

Thread: **OFFICIAL Donald J. Trump vs. Joseph (Joe) R. Biden Thread - 2020 Presidential Election**

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I predict Joe will win but be found unfit right after the next mid term elections.....

Then we have Harris as President with a dem Congress and senate...and they will push through all kinds of goofy shit.

Which is why everyone should be glad that the weird lady Supreme Court justice got pushed through....at least some semblance of checks and balances.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    I predict Joe will win but be found unfit right after the next mid term elections.....

Then we have Harris as President with a dem Congress and senate...and they will push through all kinds of goofy shit.

Which is why everyone should be glad that the weird lady Supreme Court justice got pushed through....at least some semblance of checks and balances.
    You mean the court packing by hypocritical Republicans? They'll regret that.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

Just stop, Republicans did nothing wrong. If the Dems had the Senate and the White House they would have done the exact same thing.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Just stop, Republicans did nothing wrong. If the Dems had the Senate and the White House they would have done the exact same thing.
    After announcing the exact opposite as a "principle" just 4 years ago, and 9 months before the election instead of 6 weeks before.

Pure hypocrisy and nothing but.

Something IS going to be done about the Court. We are not going to allow them to turn America into a third world country, as much as they're trying.

Comments

TheXFactor: Pack The Court.

Platinum
    Load Metric

After announcing the exact opposite as a "principle" just 4 years ago, and 9 months before the election instead of 6 weeks before.

Something IS going to be done about the Court. We are not going to allow them to turn America into a third world country, as much as they're trying.
    So you agreed with what Graham said at the time? What's hypocritical is you only caring about hypocrisy on one side.

Load Metric

So you agreed with what Graham said at the time? What's hypocritical is you only caring about hypocrisy on one side.
    Or he thinks 9 months and 6 weeks are different lengths of time.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric

Walter I respect you as a poster and think you are mostly a fair champion of the left on this board. That said you couldn’t be more wrong.

The “Principle” of a majority Senate opposite of the party holding the executive not holding hearings for a justice goes back 100+ years. Over the same period of time whenever the senate and executive are in the same party they have held confirmation hearings every single time. It’s the polar opposite of hypocrisy. What *is* hypocritical is the left saying they would have handled the situation differently. Anyone who says differently is completely full of shit.

In just over two months it’s very possible bordering on very likely the Democratic Party will control both houses and the White House. If there really is outrage over RvW possibly being overturned by the judicial there is a very easy solution...... first order of business for PRESIDENT Biden - pass a bill and sign into law making abortion legal in the United States of America.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: you're one of the best posters here, doesn't matter if we disagree

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post

There isn't a difference between those two periods of time. The Senate and President were elected by the people and don't stop their duties before they're voted out.

The difference between the two situations is obvious to anyone looking at it objectively and not emotionally. In one case the people voted the control of the White House and Senate to the same party and in one case they did not. Once again, if the dems controlled both the house and senate when RBG died they would be doing the same thing. And speaking of RBG, her being God and all. She was extremely against adding members to the Supreme Court for obvious reasons. Anyone that wants to pack the Supreme Court is like a child that lost so wants to change the rules of the game. If they hadn't lost they would be fine with the current rules. This is...…..hypocrisy.

Load Metric

No I didn't, but after they did it, they should have stuck with the same "principle."

BTW Clarence Thomas was confirmed by a Democratic-controlled Senate.

Comments

Daly: Fair point on Thomas - but he was nominated @ 18 months. Standard is 12 (not saying that standard is right or wrong)

Load Metric
    There isn't a difference between those two periods of time. The Senate and President were elected by the people and don't stop their duties before they're voted out.

The difference between the two situations is obvious to anyone looking at it objectively and not emotionally. In one case the people voted the control of the White House and Senate to the same party and in one case they did not. Once again, if the dems controlled both the house and senate when RBG died they would be doing the same thing. And speaking of RBG, her being God and all. She was extremely against adding members to the Supreme Court for obvious reasons. Anyone that wants to pack the Supreme Court is like a child that lost so wants to change the rules of the game. If they hadn't lost they would be fine with the current rules. This is...…..hypocrisy.
    The people voted for a Democratic-controlled Senate, not a Republican one. Wyoming having the same representation as California allows 1/3 (or less) of voters to veto what the other 2/3 want.

I don't think RBG is god. I'm pissed at her for not retiring when Obama asked her to. If she didn't want to be replaced before the next inauguration she could have left instructions to be kept alive on life support until then.

Load Metric
    Yeah I'm not really following that logic. It would only be hypocritical if they let Obama pick somebody and now Walter was of the opinion that they can't let Trump do the same. It's one or the other. Can't have it both ways.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Platinum
    Load Metric

The people voted for a Democratic-controlled Senate, not a Republican one. Wyoming having the same representation as California allows 1/3 (or less) of voters to veto what the other 2/3 want.

I don't think RBG is god. I'm pissed at her for not retiring when Obama asked her to. If she didn't want to be replaced before the next inauguration she could have left instructions to be kept alive on life support until then.
    Sounds more of "you don't like the rules".

I do agree RBG is really to blame for this. Everyone else is just playing politics to the best of their abilities.

Load Metric
    Yeah I'm not really following that logic. It would only be hypocritical if they let Obama pick somebody and now Walter was of the opinion that they can't let Trump do the same. It's one or the other. Can't have it both ways.
    What they “should have” done was brought Obama’s choice to the floor and voted to not confirm her..... but not bringing her forward saved a lot of time.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If the Dems controlled the White House when RBG died they would have done the exact same thing. Walter would have no problem with it. If you can't see that's hypocritical then I don't know what to tell you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    What they “should have” done was brought Obama’s choice to the floor and voted to not confirm her..... but not bringing her forward saved a lot of time.
    Too dangerous. McCain and Hatch had actually suggested Garland and might have voted to confirm, which would have given him enough votes.

Load Metric

I do agree RBG is really to blame for this. Everyone else is just playing politics to the best of their abilities.
    That is true but the point is you said it was the will of the people, and it was not the will of the people. The rules are set up to counter the will of the people.

If the will of the people made the decisions, Gore and Hillary would have been president. The Senate and the EC make it so that the will of certain people is far more important than the will of others.

Platinum
    Load Metric

That is true but the point is you said it was the will of the people, and it was not the will of the people. The rules are set up to counter the will of the people.

If the will of the people made the decisions, Gore and Hillary would have been president. The Senate and the EC make it so that the will of certain people is far more important than the will of others.

The EC exists so all states have a say instead of a couple highly populated states always deciding the fate of the country. You take away the EC and New York and California will decide every single president. In 2016, if you take away the California landside I believe Trump got more votes in the other 49 states combined (not 100% sure).

Load Metric

Unfortunately, technology, while blessing humanity with the ability to safely house and employ more people in urban and semi-urban areas, it has also cursed the folks who live in those areas in certsin states with less effective representation in both houses of Congress and in the election of POTUS. And even that interstate compact that’s floating around that would assign state electors based on the popular national vote has essentially no chance in winning enough support among states to break the GOP’s advantage on the latter anytime soon because not enough states will likely pass that compact.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    If the Dems controlled the White House when RBG died they would have done the exact same thing. Walter would have no problem with it. If you can't see that's hypocritical then I don't know what to tell
    you.
    Maybe not. There is a price to pay for doing it. If they did though, we already know how the Republicans would respond, and we have proof their argument wouldn't be in good faith. (except to their lord and savior Jesus Christ).

If Dems controlled the White House when RGB died and Mitch didn't declare Obamas nomination 'Null and Void' because it was an election year, I definitely don't think they would have.
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 10-27-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Walter I respect you as a poster and think you are mostly a fair champion of the left on this board. That said you couldn’t be more wrong.

The “Principle” of a majority Senate opposite of the party holding the executive not holding hearings for a justice goes back 100+ years. Over the same period of time whenever the senate and executive are in the same party they have held confirmation hearings every single time. It’s the polar opposite of hypocrisy. What *is* hypocritical is the left saying they would have handled the situation differently. Anyone who says differently is completely full of shit.

In just over two months it’s very possible bordering on very likely the Democratic Party will control both houses and the White House. If there really is outrage over RvW possibly being overturned by the judicial there is a very easy solution...... first order of business for PRESIDENT Biden - pass a bill and sign into law making abortion legal in the United States of America.
    Daly, such a national abortion bill wouldn’t necessarily work, as the states have a lot of control over how doctors practice medicine without their states, and the state-level anti-abortion laws that the Supreme Court has been striking down with a razor-thin margin usually do not directly challenge the right of HAVING an abortion, but who can perform it and where they can do so.

So, no. The Dems will have to take off the gloves and get more justices placed onto the Supreme Court ASAP, as well as expand the federal judiciary at the Appeals Court level to counteract the partisan courtpacking that Mitch McConnell has been able to engineer with Trump’s compliant cooperation.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information