Page 174 of 634 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 12669

Thread: **OFFICIAL Donald J. Trump vs. Joseph (Joe) R. Biden Thread - 2020 Presidential Election**

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

So has the left media blown it out of proportion or not? Hint, it's ok to say yes.

BTW yes Katrina did huge damage. It was also all over the media covered for weeks. Not sure your point.
    Point is for scale.

I have no idea if left media has blown it out of proportion. I don't watch any tv news. I sometimes read Guardian online. On average they might mention police brutality few times a year.

Oh and if you go by property damage there should have been 1/50th air time for the riots vs Katrina. And for deaths per day 1/30th compared to LA riots.

OBV that's not how news work, but to say FOX and the entire right wing echo chamber have milked a single block in Portland to death, isn't exactly ground breaking.
    That's all they talk about on fox news.

Scare whitey 24/7 thats fox news

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Point is for scale.

I have no idea if left media has blown it out of proportion. I don't watch any tv news. I sometimes read Guardian online. On average they might mention police brutality few times a year.

Oh and if you go by property damage there should have been 1/50th air time for the riots vs Katrina. And for deaths per day 1/30th compared to LA riots.

OBV that's not how news work, but to say FOX and the entire right wing echo chamber have milked a single block in Portland to death, isn't exactly ground breaking.

You’re scared of a virus that has a 99.8 % survival rate. Go back to the coronavirus thread and hyperventilate some more about 90 year olds dying in Florida.

Comments

Tellafriend: Busted him

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post

You’re scared of a virus that has a 99.8 % survival rate. Go back to the coronavirus thread and hyperventilate some more about 90 year olds dying in Florida.

LOL speaking of scare whitey

Load Metric
    LOL

Florida sheriff bans his deputies and office visitors from wearing masks on a day his county broke records for Covid-19 deaths

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/12/us/sh...rnd/index.html

Load Metric
    The Republican Senate nightmare is coming true

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/12/polit...gop/index.html

Load Metric

Lol where do you get these numbers. Do you really suck at math that badly? 1 in 2,000 people have died of the virus. That doesn't mean 1 in 2,000 people who get the virus die. That's like saying cancer has over a 99% survival rate therefore smoking is low risk. Death rate is somewhere around 3%, though of course it will vary based on your age and other factors. And chance of permanent neurological damage is much much higher, even if you don't die.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post

Lol where do you get these numbers. Do you really suck at math that badly? 1 in 2,000 people have died of the virus. That doesn't mean 1 in 2,000 people who get the virus die. That's like saying cancer has over a 99% survival rate.
    it's more like 99.9 since we'll never know how many people have had it and recovered this bullshit hoax virus

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    They say no one goes to the city anymore, it's basically deserted. Seattle used to have one of the best downtowns in the country.
    There's a pandemic.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Lol where do you get these numbers. Do you really suck at math that badly? 1 in 2,000 people have died of the virus. That doesn't mean 1 in 2,000 people who get the virus die. That's like saying cancer has over a 99% survival rate.
    it's more like 99.9 since we'll never know how many people have had it and recovered this bullshit hoax virus
    But I thought the hoax was we are doing too much testing. Wouldn't that lower the death rate? Btw, thanks for being a loyal listener of the show. I hope you continue to watch!
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric

Lol where do you get these numbers. Do you really suck at math that badly? 1 in 2,000 people have died of the virus. That doesn't mean 1 in 2,000 people who get the virus die. That's like saying cancer has over a 99% survival rate therefore smoking is low risk. Death rate is somewhere around 3%, though of course it will vary based on your age and other factors. And chance of permanent neurological damage is much much higher, even if you don't die.
    Trump told em 99% of people who get covid are just fine and dandy

They tend to believe the guy who has lied at least 20k times that we know about since 2016

Gold
    Load Metric

I have seen the Infection Fatality rate by multiple sources reported as .1% to .5%. That’s a survival rate of 99.9% to 99.5%

Gold
    Load Metric

They tend to believe the guy who has lied at least 20k times that we know about since 2016
    Shouldn’t you be campaigning door to door for Lori Lightfoot?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

You're actually both incorrect.

The coronavirus does NOT have a 0.2% death rate, nor does it have a 3% death rate. However, the 0.2% is a lot closer than the 3% (but it's impossible to determine exactly what it is.)

You can't get death rates by simply dividing confirmed cases by deaths, because there are/were a ton of cases which were never officially diagnosed. How many is up for debate, but suffice to say that the number of undiagnosed COVID-19 cases is very high.

Among the reasons:

1) People had trouble getting tested early on

2) Many don't bother to take a test because they feel to shitty too bother, yet not shitty enough to go to the hospital. Others don't feel like putting out the effort looking up how/where to get tested, and even others erroneously fear that it will cost them money.

3) Many are asymptomatic, especially young people. In the past month, I know several people who tested positive while asymtopmatic, and they only took a test because their spouse had it. None of these people developed symptoms, and all were over 40. The number of asymptomatic young is likely very high, especially kids and teens.

A rare big miss for young PLOL.

Load Metric
    But I thought the hoax was we are doing too much testing. Wouldn't that lower the death rate? Btw, thanks for being a loyal listener of the show. I hope you continue to watch!
    increased testing led to more "cases" for the media to scare more people

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The coronavirus does NOT have a 0.2% death rate, nor does it have a 3% death rate. However, the 0.2% is a lot closer than the 3% (but it's impossible to determine exactly what it is.)

You can't get death rates by simply dividing confirmed cases by deaths, because there are/were a ton of cases which were never officially diagnosed. How many is up for debate, but suffice to say that the number of undiagnosed COVID-19 cases is very high.

Among the reasons:

2) Many don't bother to take a test because they feel to shitty too bother, yet not shitty enough to go to the hospital. Others don't feel like putting out the effort looking up how/where to get tested, and even others erroneously fear that it will cost them money.

3) Many are asymptomatic, especially young people. In the past month, I know several people who tested positive while asymtopmatic, and they only took a test because their spouse had it. None of these people developed symptoms, and all were over 40. The number of asymptomatic young is likely very high, especially kids and teens.

Exhibit A opinion
    Exhibit B conjecture
    Exhibit C anectdotal
    Last edited by limitles; 08-12-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Load Metric

Shouldn’t you be campaigning door to door for Lori Lightfoot?
    I live in the burbs

I do Like Lori though and would probably vote for her if I did still live in the city

Load Metric
    Did more testing lead to more sick and dead people ?

Load Metric
    Did more testing lead to more sick and dead people ?
    no

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Among the reasons:

Exhibit A opinion
    Exhibit B conjecture
    Exhibit C anectdotal
    All of this is true and verified to be true, les.

The full extent of all of this isn't known, but anyone honest about the situation will admit that there were a ton of undiagnosed cases.

Load Metric
    Clearly the thinking was, "Who can I pick that won't scare the people as a very possible future President, given that I may not make it through 4 years?"

So he picked someone who was at one time the frontrunner for the nomination, while also a female and black.

She has a number of negatives, though:

1) She's phony, off-putting, and not very likable.

2) She's got that "putting black people in prison" thing following her. Even though this isn't likely to bother disaffected Republicans or swing voters, it could possibly push away black people from showing up on election day.

3) Her campaign was a disaster, and her viability as a candidate was ruined in one night by Tulsi Gabbard, of all people. She still has the stench of a loser at the moment.

4) As already mentioned by VaughnP, Biden has California locked up, and Kamala isn't going to win him extra support in any other state. That might come back to bite him in the ass. Biden himself was only VP because Obama wanted to be sure he'd get Pennsylvania.
    FFS, Druff. The only reason (besides she being a black) that Biden picked Kamala Harris was because she is a darling of the big money Dem donors, and THOSE people are in control of Biden’s agenda. The Dem Party is already signaling that it is calving off influence from the Progressive wing of the party by keeping THE key media outlet that Progressives turn to for updates on politics from being able to have a press pass at the Dem National Convention.

So, your scaremongering of how a Biden Administration will be lead by or significantly bend to the demands of Progressives in the party are ludicrous and malinformed.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information