Page 497 of 634 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547597 ... LastLast
Results 9,921 to 9,940 of 12669

Thread: **OFFICIAL Donald J. Trump vs. Joseph (Joe) R. Biden Thread - 2020 Presidential Election**

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    this whole narrative of "TRUMP KILLED 240K PEOPLE" needs to be shut down.
    OBAMA KILLED ONLY 12K PEOPLE and H1N1 never became a pandemic because the Democrats took action to prevent it.

60 million people are estimated to have contracted the swine flu. If it were as deadly as COVID, we would have had an epic disaster on our hands.

Fortunately for Obama and everyone else, it was NOT very deadly, and almost everyone who had it was asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

I think you're missing the point.

The only way to have prevented COVID from becoming what it did in the US would have been swift action RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING regarding lockdowns, contact tracing, closed borders, etc.

Otherwise it will have spread too much to where these measures are mostly useless.

The window to do something like this was very small -- likely a matter of days. By mid-February, it was too late.

Democrats have long whined about Trump's handling of COVID -- that had they been in charge, it would have been different. I'm showing evidence that prominent Democrats were in denial that we even had a pandemic in mid-February. They were too busy focusing on their identity politicking bullshit, in this case making sure that we DON'T BLAME ASIANS!!!!111

In case you forgot the timeline and believe that nobody knew there was any danger in mid-February, again I want to remind you that I quit going to Commerce -- somewhere I had been playing regularly (and on a nice run of winning, no less) on January 27.

Somehow an ordinary poker player was able to know this was a real threat, but the incoming Biden Chief of Staff and the current mayor of NYC felt that this was all just a lot of xenophobic fear.

This should demonstrate to you that, had the Democrats been in charge instead of Trump, we would have had the same fucking result, and this whole narrative of "TRUMP KILLED 240K PEOPLE" needs to be shut down.
    your logic is totally botched.

for starters, we have no idea what a democrat would have done (or even any other republican as this is not at all partisan) given the same information trump had been given.

you're very definitive on something you are 100% guessing about. it's bizarre. note, i'm not even claiming a president biden would have done better. my guess is yes cause i think trump's an actual retarded person, but who knows?

also, why doesn't it occur to you that the democrats would have criticized literally anything trump did?

like, you're going over all these things the democrats said and trying to compare it with what trump did or said.

but you're missing the point. all the democrats have been saying is that everything trump did was wrong.

i.e., no matter what trump did -- the democrats would have taken the opposite position and said he was a monster. you know, with it being an election year and him being the antichrist and all.

you're guessing about a lot. all we know is how trump handled it. most americans think he did a bad job.

That's the Democrats' entire playbook in the 21st century -- to champion the exact opposite position Republicans take, and act like it's righteous. Notice how much Democrats came to love Muslims after 9/11. You can't blame that one on Trump or anti-Trumpism.

While I can't say definitively what Democrats would have done in an alternate universe where they were in power in January 2020, I can go by the way they approached the first month of coronavirus news. They handled it extremely poorly, and focused upon identity politics instead of the virus.

That's a fact.

Load Metric
    Trump's rosy predictions didn't make things worse. They were wrong, and at some points stupid, but they didn't harm anything.
    You don't think that millions of Trump supporters took the virus less seriously because the president told them not to worry, it was just the democrats making a big deal about it to make him look bad?

This is all just rhetoric which falls apart when you really think about it. Democrats were too busy focusing on "xenophobia" in mid-February, and not on solving this pandemic. They were denying there even was a pandemic! Read the tweets!
    - I realize it's politically incorrect for a Trump supporter to admit this, but there was and is xenophobia against Chinese people due to the virus. And Trump made it worse.
    - It wasn't a pandemic until March.
    - Feb 4th:

“Further resources will be necessary to support an aggressive and comprehensive government-wide response to the 2019 novel Coronavirus, both domestically and internationally,”

“We strongly urge the Administration to transmit a request to Congress for emergency supplemental appropriations to respond to this public health emergency. We urge the Administration to submit the emergency supplemental request no later than Monday, February 10, along with its submittal of the fiscal year 2021 President’s Budget.”

https://delauro.house.gov/media-cent...ng-coronavirus

- Trump didn't request any funding (admit there was a serious risk) until weeks later.

It's laughable for them to say they would have done a better job than Trump.
    Literally anyone would've done a better job than Trump. You don't have to say anything nice about the democrats to admit this.
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 11-15-2020 at 11:29 PM.

Load Metric
    "Mass testing" wasn't going to help much. Even today, we do not have a reliable COVID test. Lots of false negatives -- possibly even as high as 37% for the very best test.
    The general consensus among experts seems to be that not being prepared to test in Feb/March was the single biggest mistake we made and the reason we were unable to control the spread.

COVID-19 testing in the US is an 'abject failure' despite officials having months of warning, Harvard health expert says
    https://www.businessinsider.com/us-c...-expert-2020-7

Failing the Test — The Tragic Data Gap Undermining the U.S. Pandemic Response
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmp2014836

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    "Mass testing" wasn't going to help much. Even today, we do not have a reliable COVID test. Lots of false negatives -- possibly even as high as 37% for the very best test.
    The general consensus among experts seems to be that not being prepared to test in Feb/March was the single biggest mistake we made and the reason we were unable to control the spread.

COVID-19 testing in the US is an 'abject failure' despite officials having months of warning, Harvard health expert says
    https://www.businessinsider.com/us-c...-expert-2020-7

Failing the Test — The Tragic Data Gap Undermining the U.S. Pandemic Response
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmp2014836
    I would like to understand how "being prepared to test" would change anything?

The current belief is that the virus is most contagious BEFORE symptoms arrive. How would testing help with this? People won't know to stay home or get tested until after they were already most contagious.

It turns out that testing is more useful for record-keeping, peace-of-mind, and informational purposes. It's not very useful for controlling the spread, given that so much of the spread occurs while people feel 100% healthy.

Sure, testing can confirm hotspots, but so can the number of hospitalizations. There really isn't a lot of pandemic-fighting value to testing COVID-19. As our own Master Scalir said when I told him the test wasn't going to change his course of action, "I just want to know." Exactly.

It can control the spread in very small sub-communities where it is feasible to test everyone several times per week. (Major League Baseball is a good example.) For the general population, this can't be done.

Furthermore, with a 30%-ish false negative rate with even the best tests today, that's another reason it would have failed to control the thread.

Sorry, but we weren't going to test our way out of this in mid-February.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You don't think that millions of Trump supporters took the virus less seriously because the president told them not to worry, it was just the democrats making a big deal about it to make him look bad?
    Everyone is taking it very seriously now. Why are we having such a big spike in cases?

Oh wait... that's because "taking it seriously" doesn't stop a super-contagious disease which mostly spreads when people are pre-symptomatic.

Also, where were all of your Democratic friends "taking it seriously" when all of those 60,000-deep BLM protests occurred, where people stood packed tightly in crowds?

Or is COVID-19 a woke virus which is careful not to infect anyone protesting racism?

Clearly the left only takes COVID-19 "seriously" when it's politically convenient to do so. So LOL @ this line of reasoning. Trump should have taken it more seriously, but so should the Democrats and media. Sadly, they were all too busy praising the protests.

- I realize it's politically incorrect for a Trump supporter to admit this, but there was and is xenophobia against Chinese people due to the virus. And Trump made it worse.
    - It wasn't a pandemic until March.
    It was a pandemic the entire time. It just wasn't declared one until March. Had the WHO and China been honest about it, a pandemic would have been delcared before we even heard about it.

The fact that you're still whining about "xenophobia" being a legitimate concern in early 2020 shows how little you've learned from the whole thing. Given what was about to hit us -- and the signs were all there -- the Dems should have been laser-focused on beating this thing, not whining about xenophobia. Instead, that identity politicking bullshit was their primary response for the first 4-5 weeks.

“Further resources will be necessary to support an aggressive and comprehensive government-wide response to the 2019 novel Coronavirus, both domestically and internationally,”

“We strongly urge the Administration to transmit a request to Congress for emergency supplemental appropriations to respond to this public health emergency. We urge the Administration to submit the emergency supplemental request no later than Monday, February 10, along with its submittal of the fiscal year 2021 President’s Budget.”

https://delauro.house.gov/media-cent...ng-coronavirus

- Trump didn't request any funding (admit there was a serious risk) until weeks later.
    Since this supposed lack of funding killed so many people, let's say they got all the funding they needed in early February. How would that have changed anything? This thing didn't spread because of lack of funds to fight it. That's another idiotic myth from the left, with no evidence to back it up.

You can't even logically explain how "testing" would have helped, given the way the virus spreads.

Load Metric
    I think President Trump 4 years ago could never have imagine the last 6 months of his Presidency would go like this. When I think about it all and imo how terribly he handled COVID, then actually caught it himself haha LMAO fn Trump.... Unreal actually you couldn't have made this all up 4 years ago and how Trumps Presidency would come to a crashing halt lol... And he WON, obviously lol. You cant make this all up, that in his last few months in office, a pandemic would happen, and he would actually catch it and be put in Walter Reed Hospital for it lol. Then drive around the hospital in the surburban, with COVID lmao, so he could wave at everyone supporting him was probably my favorite Trump memory of all 4 years for sure, that ones so lol......

Trumps last 6 months in Office or year really was a disaster. And he handled COVID so terribly he must be bummed about how it all ended for sure I would think.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    I think President Trump 4 years ago could never have imagine the last 6 months of his Presidency would go like this. When I think about it all and imo how terribly he handled COVID, then actually caught it himself haha LMAO fn Trump.... Unreal actually you couldn't have made this all up 4 years ago and how Trumps Presidency would come to a crashing halt lol... And he WON, obviously lol. You cant make this all up, that in his last few months in office, a pandemic would happen, and he would actually catch it and be put in Walter Reed Hospital for it lol. Then drive around the hospital in the surburban, with COVID lmao, so he could wave at everyone supporting him was probably my favorite Trump memory of all 4 years for sure, that ones so lol......

Trumps last 6 months in Office or year really was a disaster. And he handled COVID so terribly he must be bummed about how it all ended for sure I would think.
    Name:  tZfh0sy.gif
Views: 397
Size:  731.5 KB

Load Metric
    Everyone is taking it very seriously now. Why are we having such a big spike in cases?
    No, they aren't.

I've been splitting my time between NYC and Cape May county (south NJ) which Trump easily won in 2016 and I assume 2020 - NYC you'll have a hard time finding anyone without a mask and everyone goes out of their way to social distance. Cape May maybe 30% wear masks, and it's clear people just aren't thinking about the virus. I've heard plenty of similar stories. The entire administration set an example, and plenty of people followed it.

Also, where were all of your Democratic friends "taking it seriously" when all of those 60,000-deep BLM protests occurred, where people stood packed tightly in crowds?
    They weren't taking the virus seriously and it was stupid.

The fact that you're still whining about "xenophobia" being a legitimate concern in early 2020 shows how little you've learned from the whole thing. Given what was about to hit us -- and the signs were all there -- the Dems should have been laser-focused on beating this thing, not whining about xenophobia. Instead, that identity politicking bullshit was their primary response for the first 4-5 weeks.
    I don't see how this is an either or situation. You can show empathy for a group of people being blamed for for a horrible situation that they had nothing to do with and still work to fix the horrible situation.

You can't even logically explain how "testing" would have helped, given the way the virus spreads.
    All I'm doing is parroting back what the doctors and scientists are saying. I'm sure you could find a couple out there that can be quoted saying something that could be interpreted as testing doesn't matter - but when you look at what most/all of the most qualified experts have said, more testing in late Feb/Early March would've made a huge difference.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/28/u...-pandemic.html

“Had we had done more testing from the very beginning and caught cases earlier, we would be in a far different place.”
    - Jennifer Nuzzo, an epidemiologist at Johns Hopkins

“Testing is the crack that split apart the rest of the response, when it should have tied everything together. It seeps into every other aspect of our response, touches all of us, the delay of the testing has impacted the response across the board.”
    -Dr. Nahid Bhadelia, Medical director of the Special Pathogens Unit at Boston University School of Medicine

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It should be easy for scientists to explain how testing in mid and late February would have stopped the spread.

It fails to make logical sense. Honestly it makes me think a lot of these statements were politically motivated.

If I'm wrong. someone should be able to explain to me the answers to these very simple two questions:

1) How was testing going to help, if much of the transmission occurs before people are symptomatic?

2) Even ignoring #1, how was testing going to stop the virus if there is/was a 30% false negative rate?

I still maintain that there was no solution to this, short of closing the borders at the very beginning, and doing super-aggressive contract tracing and quarantining for the very very early cases.

Once it spread even a little bit, it was impossible to contain.

Trump's messaging during COVID was very bad. It's part of the reason he lost the election. He didn't kill people with his decisions. He just didn't lead very well or present a very Presidential response to it.

On the flip side, Andrew Cuomo spoke very well in New York and was very popular, but made a horrendous mistake with the nursing homes, killing thousands.

I'm not even arguing that a Democrat in charge would have done worse than Trump. I'm arguing that it would have been the same no matter who was leading, and that's because nobody alive today was an adult when the last major pandemic happened in the US.

Load Metric
    It should be easy for scientists to explain how testing in mid and late February would have stopped the spread.

It fails to make logical sense. Honestly it makes me think a lot of these statements were politically motivated.

If I'm wrong. someone should be able to explain to me the answers to these very simple two questions:

1) How was testing going to help, if much of the transmission occurs before people are symptomatic?

2) Even ignoring #1, how was testing going to stop the virus if there is/was a 30% false negative rate?

I still maintain that there was no solution to this, short of closing the borders at the very beginning, and doing super-aggressive contract tracing and quarantining for the very very early cases.

Trump's messaging during COVID was very bad. It's part of the reason he lost the election. He didn't kill people with his decisions. He just didn't lead very well or present a very Presidential response to it.

On the flip side, Andrew Cuomo spoke very well in New York and was very popular, but made a horrendous mistake with the nursing homes, killing thousands.

I'm not even arguing that a Democrat in charge would have done worse than Trump. I'm arguing that it would have been the same no matter who was leading, and that's because nobody alive today was an adult when the last major pandemic happened in the US.
    DRUFF YOU BIGOT, YOU'RE MAKING TOO MUCH SENSE, REPUBLICAN WHITE MEN = BAD, WHAMEN OF COLOR DEMOCRATS = GOOD IT'S THAT EASY GET OVER IT

Load Metric
    Extra! Extra! Read All About It! The Senate Report on the Biden Crime Family:

https://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/m...2020.09.23.pdf

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Trump lost. Get over it.

splitthis:

Load Metric

With more testing, infected people can be identified and isolated more quickly.

When infected people are isolated more quickly, they spread the disease to fewer people.

There are lots of other reasons, try typing "why is covid testing so important" into a search engine, or read any of the articles I've already sent you.

If you still don't get it, look at the qualifications of the people that have emphasized over and over the importance of testing. Then look at your own qualifications. Go with whoever is more qualified.

Load Metric
    JUST IN: Moderna Announces 94.5% Efficacy in Phase Three Trial of Covid-19 Vaccine

https://www.mediaite.com/news/just-i...id-19-vaccine/

PRESIDENT BIDEN -- GETTING SHIT DONE

Comments

BCR: Guy is amazing. President-elect moonlighting at moderna. That’s the leadership we need

Load Metric
    JUST IN: Moderna Announces 94.5% Efficacy in Phase Three Trial of Covid-19 Vaccine

While everyone was counting returns, he was in the lab at Pfizer putting the finishing touches on the vaccine. Now at Moderna overseeing shit. Word on the street is he won’t rest until it’s 100% efficacy. All while being President-elect. At 77. I don’t know how he does it? Trump golfs while the Magas march and this guy is working 3 full time gigs.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

While everyone was counting returns, he was in the lab at Pfizer putting the finishing touches on the vaccine. Now at Moderna overseeing shit. Word on the street is he won’t rest until it’s 100% efficacy. All while being President-elect. At 77. I don’t know how he does it? Trump golfs while the Magas march and this guy is working 3 full time gigs.

and to do it all while being gender, race, sexual orientation, and disability inclusive?

unbelievable.

biden derangement syndrome is going to be going through the roof here.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

and to do it all while being gender, race, sexual orientation, and disability inclusive?

unbelievable.

biden derangement syndrome is going to be going through the roof here.
    No doubt. Many people are talking. One heard Jill tell Joe he needs some rest and supposedly he said something along the lines of I’ll sleep when I beat this virus, when gay black people are eating with MAGA-hat wearing Americans in harmony, and then something about a sidedish character thanking him for the opportunity to blow a trans person and that he actually enjoyed it.

I really sold Joe short. Didn’t think he had the energy for all of this. My bad.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I don’t remember contact tracing even being a focus at the beginning. It was all, we need a fuck load of ventilators or millions will die talk. Also, we are currently getting close to 200,000 new cases a day and tens of millions still aren’t scared and won’t wear masks. Anyone who thinks Trump or any president in February could have gotten these same people on board when there were zero deaths and 15 cases is crazy.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

When infected people are isolated more quickly, they spread the disease to fewer people.

There are lots of other reasons, try typing "why is covid testing so important" into a search engine, or read any of the articles I've already sent you.

If you still don't get it, look at the qualifications of the people that have emphasized over and over the importance of testing. Then look at your own qualifications. Go with whoever is more qualified.
    Again, this makes no sense.

If you have no symptoms, you don't test.

If you transmit most when you have no symptoms, tests won't stop it during that period.

After symptoms, everyone just needs to stay home until better. Tests aren't needed for that. In fact, given the large number of false negatives, that's still the correct advice.

It's fantasyland to believe quicker test distribution would've saved mass lives.

Load Metric

Again, this makes no sense.

If you have no symptoms, you don't test.

If you transmit most when you have no symptoms, tests won't stop it during that period.

After symptoms, everyone just needs to stay home until better. Tests aren't needed for that. In fact, given the large number of false negatives, that's still the correct advice.

It's fantasyland to believe quicker test distribution would've saved mass lives.
    That would be where contact tracing comes into play. At some point you either get ahead of the virus or get people to self quarantine. Instead of spreading the virus for 4 days they only do 2 and that all adds up.

Testing also let's you know what Federal/State/County mandates are appropriate. Doing it blind is retarded.

We've been through this few times already. None of this is new.

Thread Information