Page 11 of 634 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: **OFFICIAL Donald J. Trump vs. Joseph (Joe) R. Biden Thread - 2020 Presidential Election**

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    I don't know that the timing is suspect. She didn't see any reason to tell the story before he was the nominee for president. Kavanaugh's accused didn't see any reason to tell the story before he was nominated to the Supreme Court. And nobody would have covered it before. Though they would have when Biden was VP or VP nominee.

It's very hard to tell what happened in this case. It's tough for women to come forward like this because they usually get skewered in the media, so when one does come forward it's hard to just dismiss them. And there is circumstantial evidence.

On the other hand, there's no concrete evidence. And men who do this usually don't only do it once, so it's odd that other accusers haven't spoken up as they did with Trump (what are we up to, a few dozen?) and Kavanaugh. There are no hints from the man himself as there were with Trump's pussy-grabbing comment or Kavanaugh's yearbook comments. Joe gets a little too cozy sometimes but that's what men of his generation did and it's a long way from that to forcible finger-banging.

It's also possible that both of them truly believe in their own version of events. Memories can shift and fade over time, which is why eyewitness testimony is so unreliable and why it's nearly worthless after a long time has passed. They may just remember things differently.

Allegations like this should be considered and investigated. Kavanaugh's should have been too but they weren't. The Senate scheduled a quick vote and the FBI was told to complete their investigation before the vote and if not then too bad so sad. But ultimately we should try to get to the truth, or if that's impossible then at least a range of realistic possibilities. The hyperpartisan politics and de-emphasizing of fact in our society rarely allows for this to happen anymore outside of a courtroom.

In my mind, assuming the worst about this incident, Trump is still way worse as a sexual predator and his record as president is such that I still have no hesitation in voting for Biden.

you know when they should be investigated? after the woman (or guy, i suppose) goes to the police. what if they never went to the police? then the media shouldn't even report it.

it's just too easy to destroy someone with mere allegations.

the fbi should have investigated kavanuagh? on 20 year old allegations that she never went to the police over? if that's what we do, get ready for an fbi investigation before every single supreme court nomination. who would even want the job having to go through this?

liberals used to love the idea that "it's better to let 100 guilty people go free than convict 1 innocent one." guess that's out the window now.

thank you alyssa milano
    I agree but it's not realistic to say that the media shouldn't pay attention to an allegation like this without a police report.

Maybe Biden's response should be, "file a police report and have it investigated then, if you're making this allegation." But I think the statute of limitations is up perhaps?

The FBI already vets every Supreme Court nominee. I believe the president's team does a very thorough background check on every possible nominee they are considering including an FBI background check. There's a difference between trying to get someone punished by law and what is investigated by Congress, or how closely they look at nominees for major posts. There's no due process in the latter. If you want a job like that anything and everything is fair game. If Congress wants to investigate something there's almost no limit, even if Trump thinks otherwise.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    ex prosecutor laying out a real strong case on how the biden #metoo story is super sketch and should probably be ignored.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3046962001/
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Trump turned on and blamed his campaign manager for the bad news about the recent polling numbers.

#ItsNeverTrumpsFault
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    ex prosecutor laying out a real strong case on how the biden #metoo story is super sketch and should probably be ignored.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3046962001/
    Game, set, match.

Load Metric
    honestly tho id be just as happy if the pressure got him to resign from the race.

bernie or warren would consolidate the left with ease.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    honestly tho id be just as happy if the pressure got him to resign from the race.

bernie or warren would consolidate the left with ease.
    not sure they get the black turnout though. there's not exactly an ideal candidate (one who can motivate all groups) out there

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    What a silly article. There's no enthusiasm gap, but enthusiasm for Biden isn't the only factor, hatred for Trump is going to drive voters like no election in recent memory.

Also what's this about Biden fading? He's ahead in the polls in every swing state. He just took the lead in Ohio, and Trump is blowing up at his campaign staff over his dreadful polling numbers. That doesn't mean Biden is going to win, but the suggestion that he's somehow fading is silly.

I still think Trump will win. But suddenly switching horses would be a terrible idea for the Democrats. This smells like someone who just wanted to write a "hot take."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    What a silly article. There's no enthusiasm gap, but enthusiasm for Biden isn't the only factor, hatred for Trump is going to drive voters like no election in recent memory.

Also what's this about Biden fading? He's ahead in the polls in every swing state. He just took the lead in Ohio, and Trump is blowing up at his campaign staff over his dreadful polling numbers. That doesn't mean Biden is going to win, but the suggestion that he's somehow fading is silly.

I still think Trump will win. But suddenly switching horses would be a terrible idea for the Democrats. This smells like someone who just wanted to write a "hot take."

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Do you find those statements inconsistent?

I meant that enthusiasm for the candidate is less of a proxy for potential turnout that in most years because many people will be voting against Trump more than they will be voting for Biden.

I think Trump wins because in the few swing states that matter they will figure out how to disenfranchise people, prevent mail-in voting during the second surge of coronavirus that's coming in the fall, purge voter rolls, or just plain hack it. Turning out the vote is also usually a little harder for the Democrats. Or the Republicans will come up with some bullshit October surprise and enough people will be dumb enough to buy it. John Kerry's swift boat, Comey's announcement on Hillary, they usually come up with something. For a lead in the polls to translate to a win for the Dems on election day it has to be well outside the margin of error.

Load Metric
    Joe Biden will appear on MSNBC's Morning Joe Friday to address sexual assault allegations

....this might be bad.

Load Metric
    Joe Biden will appear on MSNBC's Morning Joe Friday to address sexual assault allegations

....this might be bad.
    Why? People have been telling him to make a statement and he keeps refusing. Address it head on and put it to bed like Trump was able to do (amazingly) with the pussy grabbing comment.

Load Metric

I meant that enthusiasm for the candidate is less of a proxy for potential turnout that in most years because many people will be voting against Trump more than they will be voting for Biden.

I think Trump wins because in the few swing states that matter they will figure out how to disenfranchise people, prevent mail-in voting during the second surge of coronavirus that's coming in the fall, purge voter rolls, or just plain hack it. Turning out the vote is also usually a little harder for the Democrats. Or the Republicans will come up with some bullshit October surprise and enough people will be dumb enough to buy it. John Kerry's swift boat, Comey's announcement on Hillary, they usually come up with something. For a lead in the polls to translate to a win for the Dems on election day it has to be well outside the margin of error.

1. I don't think there is much of new hatred for Trump, besides the people who have hated him since day 1. At least not a consequential amount.

2. If you think there is, then he should lose the election, as he lost the pop vote last time anyway. There is only so much gerrymandering that can happen.

Load Metric

....this might be bad.
    Why?
    cause he has full blown dementia and will be interviewed on live tv

Load Metric

1. I don't think there is much of new hatred for Trump, besides the people who have hated him since day 1. At least not a consequential amount.

2. If you think there is, then he should lose the election, as he lost the pop vote last time anyway. There is only so much gerrymandering that can happen.
    He will lose the popular vote by even more, and still win the Electoral College.

Nobody hopes I'm wrong more than I do.

Load Metric

Why?

Yeah, hopefully he’s like most 80 year olds where they’re up at 3 AM and the six o’clock hour is their sharpest point in the day before winding down for bed at 5pm.

More than his slow language and decline, I worry most about the weird shit he says. That dog faced pony soldier line still keeps me awake at night when I think about his campaign.

I can see him busting out some denial that sounds like I’d never paw up a foxey strumpet trickster like her line from a Jimmy Cagney movie made in 1928

Comments

blake: 50/50 he says that exact line

Load Metric
    Here are the latest polls. Let's face it, at the height of the crisis Biden has stalled and Trump has remained the same. Going to be interesting when these sexual assualt claims marinate. Biden looked awfully shaky this morning on MSNBC. I am looking forward to the polls in October after the virus had abated at least temporarily and Biden stammers through his first debate. I am still not convinced Biden will make it to the finish line. He should have listened to Obama last year when there was chatter Biden was going to run: "Joe, you don't need this".

General Election: Trump vs. Biden
    IBD/TIPP
    Biden 43, Trump 43
    Tie
    President Trump Job Approval
    IBD/TIPP
    Approve 44, Disapprove 44
    Tie
    Gallup
    Approve 49, Disapprove 47

Approve +2

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Here are the latest polls. Let's face it, at the height of the crisis Biden has stalled and Trump has remained the same. Going to be interesting when these sexual assualt claims marinate. Biden looked awfully shaky this morning on MSNBC. I am looking forward to the polls in October after the virus had abated at least temporarily and Biden stammers through his first debate. I am still not convinced Biden will make it to the finish line. He should have listened to Obama last year when there was chatter Biden was going to run: "Joe, you don't need this".

General Election: Trump vs. Biden
    IBD/TIPP
    Biden 43, Trump 43
    Tie
    IBD/TIPP
    Approve 44, Disapprove 44
    Tie
    Gallup
    Approve 49, Disapprove 47

Approve +2
    you better hope he does

Load Metric

Why?
    That would be super LOL if he just totally lost it and admitted to it before they could pull the plug.

Load Metric
    welp he didnt flip out and start asking for an order of waffles or anything so theres that.

also the allegation sounds like bullshit to me. fingering someone in the senate hallway? like looking beyond the fact that its the senate fucking hallway and 30 years ago there were cameras everywhere, the physics of this whole thing seem a bit unrealistic given the context.

Thread Information