Page 496 of 634 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506546596 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,920 of 12669

Thread: **OFFICIAL Donald J. Trump vs. Joseph (Joe) R. Biden Thread - 2020 Presidential Election**

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

He WAS walking away and got knocked out. Sure he could have walked away earlier after the mob chased and attacked people for blocks, doesn’t mean he deserved to be attacked from behind by 10+ people. The difference in our POVs is you continue to justify the guy being attacked from behind and I’m saying nothing justifies it. Once again, in the crowd, he didn’t push anyone that didn’t push, punch or kick him first.

what video is being discussed here?

because the latest andy ngo special just got released with the extended footage showing the 'victim' physically assaulting another protester, totally unprovoked.
    You missed the video of the guy being attacked by no less than 10 people from behind, pushes them away, walks away and gets knocked out from behind?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Here’s the video from earlier. Notice at the beginning, a black girl punches a gay dude in the back of the head as he’s trying to “walk away”. Sounds like you guys would have been ok with someone coming up behind her and knocking her out. She deserves it right? That’s what I’m hearing.

Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1327731145102901248

Here’s the video from earlier. Notice at the beginning, a black girl punches a gay dude in the back of the head as he’s trying to “walk away”. Sounds like you guys would have been ok with someone coming up behind her and knocking her out. She deserves it right? That’s what I’m hearing.

i want to know what happened leading up to this but if shes literally just hate criming some dude out of the blue, thats a psychopath and she needs to be dealt with. like 'the system' was created to protect people like those dudes from people like her.

that said those are maga people so the odds of them not playing a part in this little confrontation are exquisitely thin.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel72 View Post
    Interesting

Welcome back FPS Russia!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1327731145102901248

i want to know what happened leading up to this but if shes literally just hate criming some dude out of the blue, thats a psychopath and she needs to be dealt with. like 'the system' was created to protect people like those dudes from people like her.

that said those are maga people so the odds of them not playing a part in this little confrontation are exquisitely thin.
    Here's another one, looks like they're being attacked for being Trump supporters as Blake discussed earlier. If this lady's kids weren't white supremacists before then they surely are now. If two adults are willing and able to fight sure go for it but attacking people from behind that are walking away JFC. Where does that lead?

Real question, is anyone from somewhere where hitting people from behind or ganging up on someone is ok? Where I'm from it was always 1 on 1 and the crowd standing are wouldn't allow it. These fuckers seem to pile on like it's business as usual.
    Last edited by nightmarefish; 11-15-2020 at 07:03 PM.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric

Here's another one, looks like they're being attacked for being Trump supporters as Blake discussed earlier. If this lady's kids weren't white supremacists before then they surely are now. If two adults are willing and able to fight sure go for it but attacking people from behind that are walking away JFC. Where does that lead?

Real question, is anyone from somewhere where hitting people from behind or ganging up on someone is ok? Where I'm from it was always 1 on 1 and the crowd standing are wouldn't allow it. These fuckers seem to pile on like it's business as usual.

My ass isn't gonna stroll into a crowd of proud boys spouting liberal views and making fun of cereals. I also wouldn't stroll into a group of Pats fans while babbling about Eli being GOD.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post

My ass isn't gonna stroll into a crowd of proud boys spouting liberal views and making fun of cereals. I also wouldn't stroll into a group of Pats fans while babbling about Eli being GOD.
    Eli manning IS GOD though

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

Eli manning IS GOD though
    Obviously but all I'm saying is fuck Tom Brady

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Eli is Tom’s daddy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Democrats: "It's Trump's fault that we had so much death due to COVID! We would have handled it differently, and it would have turned out far better!"

Reality:

Here's Ronald Klain, in mid-February, who will be Biden's Chief of Staff in 2021:

https://twitter.com/RonaldKlain/status/1228067999191449600

Also notice the brilliant Bill de Blasio tweet he was quoting at the time. SCIENCE!!!

Keep in mind that almost 3 weeks prior, I had already quit going to Commerce because I felt there was a danger of catching COVID-19.

Guess I was psychic or something. Or perhaps the Democrats just engage in revisionist history.

PARTY OF SCIENCE!!!!!111
    NINE MONTHS AGO. You're waaaay smarter than this, Stuff.
    I think you're missing the point.

The only way to have prevented COVID from becoming what it did in the US would have been swift action RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING regarding lockdowns, contact tracing, closed borders, etc.

Otherwise it will have spread too much to where these measures are mostly useless.

The window to do something like this was very small -- likely a matter of days. By mid-February, it was too late.

Democrats have long whined about Trump's handling of COVID -- that had they been in charge, it would have been different. I'm showing evidence that prominent Democrats were in denial that we even had a pandemic in mid-February. They were too busy focusing on their identity politicking bullshit, in this case making sure that we DON'T BLAME ASIANS!!!!111

In case you forgot the timeline and believe that nobody knew there was any danger in mid-February, again I want to remind you that I quit going to Commerce -- somewhere I had been playing regularly (and on a nice run of winning, no less) on January 27.

Somehow an ordinary poker player was able to know this was a real threat, but the incoming Biden Chief of Staff and the current mayor of NYC felt that this was all just a lot of xenophobic fear.

This should demonstrate to you that, had the Democrats been in charge instead of Trump, we would have had the same fucking result, and this whole narrative of "TRUMP KILLED 240K PEOPLE" needs to be shut down.

Load Metric

The only way to have prevented COVID from becoming what it did in the US would have been swift action RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING regarding lockdowns, contact tracing, closed borders, etc.

Otherwise it will have spread too much to where these measures are mostly useless.

The window to do something like this was very small -- likely a matter of days. By mid-February, it was too late.

Democrats have long whined about Trump's handling of COVID -- that had they been in charge, it would have been different. I'm showing evidence that prominent Democrats were in denial that we even had a pandemic in mid-February. They were too busy focusing on their identity politicking bullshit, in this case making sure that we DON'T BLAME ASIANS!!!!111

In case you forgot the timeline and believe that nobody knew there was any danger in mid-February, again I want to remind you that I quit going to Commerce -- somewhere I had been playing regularly (and on a nice run of winning, no less) on January 27.

Somehow an ordinary poker player was able to know this was a real threat, but the incoming Biden Chief of Staff and the current mayor of NYC felt that this was all just a lot of xenophobic fear.

This should demonstrate to you that, had the Democrats been in charge instead of Trump, we would have had the same fucking result, and this whole narrative of "TRUMP KILLED 240K PEOPLE" needs to be shut down.
    your logic is totally botched.

for starters, we have no idea what a democrat would have done (or even any other republican as this is not at all partisan) given the same information trump had been given.

you're very definitive on something you are 100% guessing about. it's bizarre. note, i'm not even claiming a president biden would have done better. my guess is yes cause i think trump's an actual retarded person, but who knows?

also, why doesn't it occur to you that the democrats would have criticized literally anything trump did?

like, you're going over all these things the democrats said and trying to compare it with what trump did or said.

but you're missing the point. all the democrats have been saying is that everything trump did was wrong.

i.e., no matter what trump did -- the democrats would have taken the opposite position and said he was a monster. you know, with it being an election year and him being the antichrist and all.

you're guessing about a lot. all we know is how trump handled it. most americans think he did a bad job.

Load Metric
    this whole narrative of "TRUMP KILLED 240K PEOPLE" needs to be shut down.
    OBAMA KILLED ONLY 12K PEOPLE and H1N1 never became a pandemic because the Democrats took action to prevent it.

Load Metric

It was early February when Trump told Bob Woodward how deadly this disease was. Didn't tell the rest if us, tho.

Also, there's still no Federal plan or support behind any kind of mass testing, or testing at all. Especially in states that voted against our current pres.

But even if any real action by the federal government was taken at any time at all, dozens of thousands of people at least and hundreds of thousands of people and counting more likely, would still be alive. Instead, people got $1200, tons of denials, and were left to fend for themselves.

Load Metric

You're presumption that literally nothing mattered after mid-Feb is pretty ridiculous - but even so, Democrats (and Republicans) were both calling to prepare for mass testing and other common sense measures that the White House ignored in mid-Feb.

I think it's safe to assume Democrats also would not have called the virus a Republican hoax, encouraged people to protest lockdowns, claimed that it was no big deal/will disappear by April, contradicted their own experts or make wearing a mask a sign of weakness/political statement to the knuckle draggers.

Trump did all those things, and they made the situation worse.

and this whole narrative of "TRUMP KILLED 240K PEOPLE"
    That's not the narrative.

240k Americans died under his watch. Americans die under every president. The narrative is that the number could've been much lower, and he should've shown more empathy for the families of people that died instead of spinning it to seem like no big deal.

One day you will look back on the way you defended Trump and feel like such a fool. Hopefully.
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 11-15-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Druff I can usually somewhat understand where you're coming from, but lol at this idea that there's no point in trying to fight Covid after February because it's futile. It's just demonstrably false. I think maybe you've reasoned yourself into this corner because the truth is harder to accept.

Load Metric
    It's "more deadly than even your strenuous flu."

Name:  Screenshot-2020-11-16-at-12-32-42-AM.png
Views: 190
Size:  569.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

It was early February when Trump told Bob Woodward how deadly this disease was. Didn't tell the rest if us, tho.

Also, there's still no Federal plan or support behind any kind of mass testing, or testing at all. Especially in states that voted against our current pres.

But even if any real action by the federal government was taken at any time at all, dozens of thousands of people at least and hundreds of thousands of people and counting more likely, would still be alive. Instead, people got $1200, tons of denials, and were left to fend for themselves.
    So top Democrats like Pelosi somehow didn't have this super-secret info to take COVID seriously on February 13 (something they've never claimed, to my knowledge), and yet I knew enough to stay away from Commerce on January 27?

How did that happen? Do you think maybe Trump called me and tipped me off?

I'm also still trying to understand what Trump could have done differently to have reduced the death rate. I know what certain Democrats could have done -- such as not mandating COVID-positive patients be forced into nursing homes.

We have zero evidence that Democrats would have done better. They did not have any ideas for this which Trump refused, and which would have helped. The ideas they did have (like the nursing home thing) were horrendous, and killed people.

Still trying to understand how Trump caused death.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    It's "more deadly than even your strenuous flu."

Name:  Screenshot-2020-11-16-at-12-32-42-AM.png
Views: 190
Size:  569.9 KB

You forgot this one:

Nancy Pelosi, February 24: "Come to Chinatown. Precautions have been taken by our city, we know that there's concern about tourism, traveling all throughout the world, but we think it's very safe to be in Chinatown and hope that others will come."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Druff I can usually somewhat understand where you're coming from, but lol at this idea that there's no point in trying to fight Covid after February because it's futile. It's just demonstrably false. I think maybe you've reasoned yourself into this corner because the truth is harder to accept.
    I didn't say there's no point trying.

I said that the goose was already cooked in mid-February, and we weren't going to mask or contact trace our way out of it.

Even if we could go back in time to February 13, with the information we have today, the best we could do would be encourage masking and tell the elderly/vulnerable to stay indoors.

It's not like there was some major action we could have taken on February 13 which would have stopped all/most of this, and we failed to do so. By then it was too late.

The point of my post about Klain (Biden's incoming Chief of Staff) was that he really believed there wasn't a real pandemic back on February 13. The Democrats were too busy focusing on identity politics to want to take any real action. That's why they weren't suggesting any at the time. And that's why they're in no position to criticize Trump.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

You're presumption that literally nothing mattered after mid-Feb is pretty ridiculous - but even so, Democrats (and Republicans) were both calling to prepare for mass testing and other common sense measures that the White House ignored in mid-Feb.

I think it's safe to assume Democrats also would not have called the virus a Republican hoax, encouraged people to protest lockdowns, claimed that it was no big deal/will disappear by April, contradicted their own experts or make wearing a mask a sign of weakness/political statement to the knuckle draggers.

Trump did all those things, and they made the situation worse.
    Trump's rosy predictions didn't make things worse. They were wrong, and at some points stupid, but they didn't harm anything.

"Mass testing" wasn't going to help much. Even today, we do not have a reliable COVID test. Lots of false negatives -- possibly even as high as 37% for the very best test.

Additionally, the most contagious time for the disease is BEFORE symptoms show, which means that testing wouldn't have prevented such people from spreading it.

This is all just rhetoric which falls apart when you really think about it. Democrats were too busy focusing on "xenophobia" in mid-February, and not on solving this pandemic. They were denying there even was a pandemic! Read the tweets!

It's laughable for them to say they would have done a better job than Trump.

Thread Information