Page 167 of 634 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 12669

Thread: **OFFICIAL Donald J. Trump vs. Joseph (Joe) R. Biden Thread - 2020 Presidential Election**

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I’m constantly in awe of how bad the DNC is run. It’s an electoral game. You got Ca all wrapped up already. You would have been better off pulling a homeless black woman off the streets of Columbus or Cincinatti and denying Trump Ohio.

It’s really fucking awful and if I was a liberal Id be pissed.
    they're too stupid to know any better.

at least big dick is letting everyone know what a good bet biden is by posting his great odds everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    I’m constantly in awe of how bad the DNC is run. It’s an electoral game. You got Ca all wrapped up already. You would have been better off pulling a homeless black woman off the streets of Columbus or Cincinatti and denying Trump Ohio.

You always underestimate how Trump is basically designed in a lab to win Ohio. I was sitting here trying to think who he could add to the ticket to make a difference in Ohio, and I basically came up with maybe Urban Meyer. There was a time Tressel, but not anymore. Both are republicans as far as I am aware. If he picked a Sherron Brown it wouldn’t make any difference.

I am serious. And then he’d lose Michigan and Wisconsin.

He would have been much better making a play for your adopted state. Margins in 2016 or Trump. Unlike the rest of those states, there isn’t any demographic trend in Ohio that will eventually lend itself to Dems. No Hispanic population. It just gets older and redder as all the population growth is south. It can be won in a landslide, but against Trump, it will only be won in an election he wins by 150 electoral votes. He should have picked someone that appeals to any of those other states before Ohio. I live in the blue part with split and devidee, which should tell you everything. Love devidee. He isn’t voting Biden. I don’t want to vote for Biden ffs. I am going to see his name as not Trump.

Florida 1.2 %
    Arizona 3.5 %
    North Carolina 3.6 %
    Georgia 5.1 %

Ohio 8.1 %
    Texas 9%

Load Metric

Biden thought he was picking Franco Harris, who would've actually helped him in Pennsylvania.

The choice is between Biden and Trump. It’s a total loss. How can we really get too wrapped up in Harris except as a futures play?
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-11-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Load Metric
    Nobody votes for V.P. anyway.

Will people complain that she's not black enough?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Biden thought he was picking Franco Harris, who would've actually helped him in Pennsylvania.
    He would.

Met Franco last year at the Rivers. Nicest guy in the world and looked great. He’s like 70, looked like a fit late 50s. I asked if I could get a pic with him for my old girlfriend’s kid who is a huge Steelers fan, he said,” what’s his name, I’ll do a video and say hi.” I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and it was dead because the charging ports on the poker tables mostly don’t work. Really irritated me as he’s the rare kid who knows all the old guys.

Legit nicest guy ever and great genes. I actually felt bad for how many times I mocked him during the Penn State scandal for standing next to that Paterno cutout. I probably wrote a 100 comments bashing him on Penn State boards saying he must have brain damage and the guy couldn’t have been any more pleasant.

I think he may be one of those guys who is so nice he could never imagine anyone he knows doing anything wrong. I grew up with all the Jim Brown fans hating him for running out of bounds in Browns county. He wasn’t half the player as Brown, but fuck is he a nice guy. He would conflict the fuck out of old guy in PA. He’s a god to all those central PA Penn State Paterno guys who vote 90% Trump. I doubt they’d abandon Trump for him, but they’d hold an intervention for him and pray.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Clearly the thinking was, "Who can I pick that won't scare the people as a very possible future President, given that I may not make it through 4 years?"

So he picked someone who was at one time the frontrunner for the nomination, while also a female and black.

She has a number of negatives, though:

1) She's phony, off-putting, and not very likable.

2) She's got that "putting black people in prison" thing following her. Even though this isn't likely to bother disaffected Republicans or swing voters, it could possibly push away black people from showing up on election day.

3) Her campaign was a disaster, and her viability as a candidate was ruined in one night by Tulsi Gabbard, of all people. She still has the stench of a loser at the moment.

4) As already mentioned by VaughnP, Biden has California locked up, and Kamala isn't going to win him extra support in any other state. That might come back to bite him in the ass. Biden himself was only VP because Obama wanted to be sure he'd get Pennsylvania.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The choice is between Biden and Trump. It’s a total loss. How can we really get too wrapped up in Harris except as a futures play?
    america luvs them high beams.

my favorite biden

Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    I agree with most here that Harris is not an inspiring pick. She has the issues with her time as prosecutor, proved to not have much charisma on the campaign trail and adds nothing by being from California. It seems like they were boxed it having to pick an African-American woman and went with what they must perceive is a safe choice. If she passed the vetting process, I would of given strong consideration to the Mayor of Atlanta. The Governors race was real close, and trying to flip Georgia would be a huge deal. Think they are playing prevent defense way too early.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

i said that shit a long time ago. you could tell how disingenuous she was as soon as she opened her mouth. and after you did a small amount of digging it was confirmed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    I agree with most here that Harris is not an inspiring pick. She has the issues with her time as prosecutor, proved to not have much charisma on the campaign trail and adds nothing by being from California. It seems like they were boxed it having to pick an African-American woman and went with what they must perceive is a safe choice. If she passed the vetting process, I would of given strong consideration to the Mayor of Atlanta. The Governors race was real close, and trying to flip Georgia would be a huge deal. Think they are playing prevent defense way too early.
    I think they were afraid of Keisha Lance Bottoms because she isn't experienced enough, and Republicans would make it clear that a vote for Biden was a vote for either a senile old man or a mayor with zero experience in federal government.

Now they've got a Senator for VP which is a far more conventional choice.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW, remember when Kamala called Jussie Smollett's staged attack "a modern day lynching"?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/flashback...n-day-lynching

Load Metric
    Any choice he made was going to be a negative or neutral. It has been the thing that scared me from the start because it’s hard to please black people and seniors with the same person, and those are what he needs. We simply have shitty candidates all around even if you didn’t need to worry about alienating groups.

That’s the only real upside demos to be had over last election. She doesn’t enthuse anyone, but I’m not sure she necessarily turns off either group horribly either. We will see.

Let’s face it, he was never going to pick someone where everyone said, “wow, what a great pick.” If he did find someone like that, my thought would have been,”why don’t we have this asshole up top instead of Biden?” We have no one that impressed me.

We needed an auxiliary stage for all the Dem candidates and emerged with Joe Biden as the best we had. There are thin benches, but that’s an Astros roster circa 2013 except they had more young talent.

Neither of the guys running could beat anyone besides the other guy they are running against. It is what it is. Two old horses that should have been at the glue factory 10 years ago running down the home stretch to run the United States. I won’t celebrate if Biden wins. It’s not exactly something to get excited about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Clearly the thinking was, "Who can I pick that won't scare the people as a very possible future President, given that I may not make it through 4 years?"

So he picked someone who was at one time the frontrunner for the nomination, while also a female and black.

She has a number of negatives, though:

2) She's got that "putting black people in prison" thing following her. Even though this isn't likely to bother disaffected Republicans or swing voters, it could possibly push away black people from showing up on election day.

3) Her campaign was a disaster, and her viability as a candidate was ruined in one night by Tulsi Gabbard, of all people. She still has the stench of a loser at the moment.

4) As already mentioned by VaughnP, Biden has California locked up, and Kamala isn't going to win him extra support in any other state. That might come back to bite him in the ass. Biden himself was only VP because Obama wanted to be sure he'd get Pennsylvania.

this isnt a bad take at all but the die was cast the second the DNC inexplicably signed off on 'my vp will be a woman' and then somehow let that morph into the 'woman of color' thing because honestly that entire viable talent pool is pretty much harris.

hope yall like plagues riots and death because we're probably in for 4 more years straight of exactly that.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    To be fair, I think when Biden was pressed in that interview he still thought Warren was a possibility, because he didn’t yet use the google to find out that indigenous people are not considered “people of color”.

Comments

sonatine: nice

Load Metric
    This guy is probably a PFA favorite, but what is his problem?
    Does he think the Jamaican blacks didn't come from Africa?
    Or because her ancestors came via Jamaica and not straight to the US, she is less African?
    Sounds like some birther BS to me. Whatever it is
    it will only work on people voting for Trump already.

I just don't get why you guys always have to lie.
    I mean F, Trump is a walking #Biden2020 commercial, no editing needed.
    Just check @lincolnproject or @sarahcpr.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric

Platinum
    Load Metric

i mean 160+ page thread summed up in 4 words...

think jayjami said it best...how do you want your shit sammich served to you?

Comments

Jayjami: On sourdough please

Load Metric
    right biden normalizing relations with china is definitely just a cold shit sandwich instead of the warm one trump served us by destroying them.

fuck outta here.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    right biden normalizing relations with china is definitely just a cold shit sandwich instead of the warm one trump served us by destroying them.

fuck outta here.
    i mean i dont want to get into a political argument cause frankly there's too little time in the day to waste on 500+ people who are constantly demonstrating that they are out for themselves and themselves only, but if you dont think both of these candidates are shit sandwiches i dont know what to say...

Load Metric
    it's a bit curious for me to see moderates hate the biden/harris ticket. how do you get more moderate without actually being a republican?

i get it if you're far left and was rooting for warren, but why would moderates hate this?

Thread Information