Page 427 of 634 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437477527 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,540 of 12669

Thread: **OFFICIAL Donald J. Trump vs. Joseph (Joe) R. Biden Thread - 2020 Presidential Election**

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Just because you keep saying things dont make it true. Blacks and Hispanics are slowly migrating to the R side. Well see if those numbers increase in 2024

Comments

blake: that signature is godlike

Load Metric
    I mean as much as I want to spike the football on people I personally know, they already know they said a thousand idiotic things. They need a hug more than someone laughing at them. The vast majority are just stupid, not malevolent.

I think this presents a unique opportunity as a giant section of Trump supporters aren’t Republican. A bunch of liberal media spiking the football on them isn’t what they need. The SC and Republicans will abandon them. This is a cult. They go where Trump points them.

Once the lawsuits get shot down, if I’m Biden, I’m working behind the scenes with Trump. Holding off the SDNY. This is a guy whose political allegiances have changed ten times in his life. He has no true core beliefs other than loving himself. You want his ire at the Republicans he sees as abandoning him.

As much as seeing him in jail or humiliation is fun, look at the numbers. This is the biggest cult in American history. Negotiate behind the scenes to get him paid and keep him from any legal scrutiny, don’t mock the Trump people, that’s half the reason they loved him initially and peel them off. Get Trumps ire directed at the party he did everything they wanted, and then abandoned him, in his mind.

You can be president and lose the mid terms and spend 4 uneventful years or peel off the Trump supporters. This is the guy who mocked what’s left of the Republican Party. The Cruz’s and Rubios. There isn’t any establishment GOP left without his people. Try to win a certain percentage of them by not shoving their stupidity in their face. Make a bunch of gestures for unity and pro-Trump as far as being compassionate as annoying as his supporters are.

That would be my philosophy. Don’t get smarmy and rub it in their face once the courts come out and laugh off his attempts.

Comments

duped_samaritan: holy shit. empathy. here?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    ok dumped my trump GA play at about a 4 cent loss because that shits a wrap and it aint gonna get better than it is now.

i got $750 poised to return about $5100 if trumps lawyers can somehow get trumps scotus investment to pay off, which seems reasonable from a risk/reward perspective.

i dont really see any other advantage lines. i like the 'no' on will a candidate concede before nov 17 line, but at 75c why fucking bother. i genuinely dont think trump has the ability to concede, like emotionally, but then i still have to sweat biden's win falling apart and him conceding, or pence conceding for trump while they have trump sedated.

theres just no meat on those bones, not at those odds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    If any of you have a few extra $$ kicking around predictit I’d consider buying some Trump GA.

Right now it’s .92 for Biden based on a 1300 vote lead and they are just about “done” counting...... but

The last domino to fall is absentee military ballots which have not been counted yet and it’s expected that there at least 8K of them and maybe as many as 12K. It’s not beyond crazy to expect the military vote to be 2/1 for Trump. Plus you got some lawsuit equity which they might not fight too hard on because of Az/Pa/Mi being locked up.....

I’ve bet a lot of other ~20-1 shots on less.

What are the current odds for GA?

What about the two Senate races?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I mean as much as I want to spike the football on people I personally know, they already know they said a thousand idiotic things. They need a hug more than someone laughing at them. The vast majority are just stupid, not malevolent.

I think this presents a unique opportunity as a giant section of Trump supporters aren’t Republican. A bunch of liberal media spiking the football on them isn’t what they need. The SC and Republicans will abandon them. This is a cult. They go where Trump points them.

Once the lawsuits get shot down, if I’m Biden, I’m working behind the scenes with Trump. Holding off the SDNY. This is a guy whose political allegiances have changed ten times in his life. He has no true core beliefs other than loving himself. You want his ire at the Republicans he sees as abandoning him.

As much as seeing him in jail or humiliation is fun, look at the numbers. This is the biggest cult in American history. Negotiate behind the scenes to get him paid and keep him from any legal scrutiny, don’t mock the Trump people, that’s half the reason they loved him initially and peel them off. Get Trumps ire directed at the party he did everything they wanted, and then abandoned him, in his mind.

You can be president and lose the mid terms and spend 4 uneventful years or peel off the Trump supporters. This is the guy who mocked what’s left of the Republican Party. The Cruz’s and Rubios. There isn’t any establishment GOP left without his people. Try to win a certain percentage of them by not shoving their stupidity in their face. Make a bunch of gestures for unity and pro-Trump as far as being compassionate as annoying as his supporters are.

That would be my philosophy. Don’t get smarmy and rub it in their face once the courts come out and laugh off his attempts.

on the other hand, perhaps a message should be sent to team retard to not get involved in our democracy anymore

imprisoning trump might be a good deterrent

does anyone think dish and mulva voting is a good thing?

Load Metric
    If any of you have a few extra $$ kicking around predictit I’d consider buying some Trump GA.

Right now it’s .92 for Biden based on a 1300 vote lead and they are just about “done” counting...... but

The last domino to fall is absentee military ballots which have not been counted yet and it’s expected that there at least 8K of them and maybe as many as 12K. It’s not beyond crazy to expect the military vote to be 2/1 for Trump. Plus you got some lawsuit equity which they might not fight too hard on because of Az/Pa/Mi being locked up.....

I’ve bet a lot of other ~20-1 shots on less.

you know what, im back in.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 10.19.04 AM.png
Views: 150
Size:  77.2 KB
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Before we start “spiking the football“, declaring “mandates” and talking about how Stupid 49.5% of the country is - Let us take stock of the fact that Trump ran so well vs what the expected baseline was that the GOP picked up house seats and maintained the Senate.

Trump is a clear loser in this election. Can’t be argued. I wouldn’t be so fast to put the dirt on the conservative grave.

Load Metric

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Before we start “spiking the football“, declaring “mandates” and talking about how Stupid 49.5% of the country is - Let us take stock of the fact that Trump ran so well vs what the expected baseline was that the GOP picked up house seats and maintained the Senate.

Trump is a clear loser in this election. Can’t be argued. I wouldn’t be so fast to put the dirt on the conservative grave.
    oh this election wasn't good for democrats except for the obvious top of the ticket. 2022 will likely see a red wave like most midterms and if the GOP puts up someone sane, they have a strong chance of controlling all 3 branches of government again.

of course, it will be don jr. running so this will be entertaining as hell.

Load Metric

That’s entirely because he was on the ticket. End of story. Did we forget when the entire establishment went against him and he mocked everyone and the entire base laughed with him at little Marco Rubio and Jeb?

Are we just ignoring most of his truly devoted are poor and Biden will want to give them a bunch of money and the senators will stop it in a really bad winter. All you need is him pointing it out to them.

Trump is the Republican Party.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric

Yea, fuck that
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie: "We heard nothing today about any evidence. This kind of thing, all it does is inflame without informing. And we cannot permit inflammation without information."
    Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah): "Counting every vote is at the heart of Democracy. That process is often hard and, for those running, frustrating. The votes will be counted. If there are irregularities alleged, they will be investigated and ultimately resolved in the courts. Have faith in democracy, in our Constitution, and in the American people."
    Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.): "I saw the president's speech last night and it was very hard to watch. The president's allegations of large-scale fraud and theft of the election are just not substantiated. I'm not aware of any significant wrongdoing here."
    Former Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.): "No Republican should be okay with the President's statements just now. Unacceptable. Period."
    Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R): "There is no defense for the President’s comments tonight undermining our Democratic process. America is counting the votes, and we must respect the results as we always have before. No election or person is more important than our Democracy."
    Rep. Will Hurd (R-Texas): "A sitting president undermining our political process & questioning the legality of the voices of countless Americans without evidence is not only dangerous & wrong, it undermines the very foundation this nation was built upon. Every American should have his or her vote counted."
    Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.): "We want every vote counted, yes every legal vote (of course). But, if you have legit concerns about fraud present EVIDENCE and take it to court. STOP Spreading debunked misinformation... This is getting insane."
    Rep. Denver Riggleman (R-Va.): "Like [Rep. Kinzinger], I took an oath to defend this country and fight for the democratic ideals it stands for. Count every vote, yes, but stop the Bravo Sierra, Mr. President, and respect the democratic process that makes America great."
    Rep. Paul Mitchell (R-Mich.): "Every legal vote should and will be counted — as they always are. Where there are issues there are ways to address them. If anyone has proof of wrongdoing, it should be presented and resolved. Anything less harms the integrity of our elections and is dangerous for our democracy."
    Former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge (R): "With his remarks from the White House tonight, the President disrespected every single American who figured out a way to safely vote amid a pandemic that has taken 235,000 lives. Not to mention those who are dutifully counting that vote. Absolutely shameful. Yet so predictable."
    Former White House press secretary Sean Spicer: "I haven't seen any evidence of it. And again, I don't think it helps his case ... If he sees an instance in Pennsylvania or Nevada and this particular thing happened, then call it out. ... But saying voter fraud ... You can't just throw a term out that without being specific."
    19 former U.S. attorneys, all of whom served under Republican presidents, said in a statement: “We hereby call upon the president to patiently and respectfully allow the lawful vote-counting process to continue, in accordance with applicable federal and state laws, and to avoid any further comments or other actions which can serve only to undermine our democracy."

translation:

we kept the senate, we stacked scotus, we made progress on the house, we dont need trump anymore.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

oh this election wasn't good for democrats except for the obvious top of the ticket. 2022 will likely see a red wave like most midterms and if the GOP puts up someone sane, they have a strong chance of controlling all 3 branches of government again.

of course, it will be don jr. running so this will be entertaining as hell.
    Will be interesting to see what a post-Trump Republican party looks like. Will Rs going forward need to kiss his ring to get the support of Trumpsters? Will Trump just keep campaigning and holding rallies to gain the adulatation he so obviously thrives on?

2024 is going to be extremely interesting. Nikki Haley has the right demographics and is one of the very few people to come out of the Trump administration unscathed and undamaged. She theoretically bridge Trumpsters and sane Republicans, conservatives and moderates. She also has executive AND international experience. Might be worth a futures bet if available.

Comments

BCR: I thought he’d dump Pence and make her the VP. She’s clearly the pick

Load Metric

on the other hand, perhaps a message should be sent to team retard to not get involved in our democracy anymore

We rioted in Philadelphia during the week of the election in the most important state. We won states by 20k our pollsters said we were up by 17 a week before the election. It isn’t like we are a party of brain surgeons over here.

Load Metric
    This Gabriel Sterling head of voting In GA should be put in charge of all elections.

Can tell by listening to him for 15 seconds he knows 10X about the election process then anyone else who has spoken on the process that I have seen.

Load Metric

We rioted in Philadelphia during the week of the election in the most important state. We won states by 20k our pollsters said we were up by 17 a week before the election. It isn’t like we are a party of brain surgeons over here.

ok fine, but dish -- who i'm sure is looking down on us and smiling right now -- really should not have been voting.

Comments

OSA: Bad take

Load Metric
    This Gabriel Sterling head of voting In GA should be put in charge of all elections.

Can tell by listening to him for 15 seconds he knows 10X about the election process then anyone else who has spoken on the process that I have seen.

And of course they cut off his press conference and every network has the same talking heads on saying the same shit they have been saying the last 5 hours......

SMFH

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    Quite literally the worst possible pick. Trump is already polling better against Biden in the RCP average than he was against Hilldawg at this point, and in the latest Rasmussen poll (only poll to correctly call the 2016 margin) Biden +3, Hill/HarrisX Biden +3, Emerson Biden +4. +3 is the probable victory line, and barring some unforeseen disaster, I'd be shocked if Trump isn't polling ahead of that in credible polls by the end of the month. The next IBD/Tipp poll will be telling. There is the phenomena of 2016 where Trump supporters will not only not be detected but also not answer polling because of the pushback of current events. Trump creeping up this close already given the even more hostile climate than in 2016 has to be rattling the DNC. I think we got Copmala because better candidates will hold out until the likely sure thing of a 2020 ticket.

wait a second. i thought vaughn's terrible predictions were because they were all pre-covid.

but he made this post in mid-august we were in full lockdown mode and over 2000 people were dying of covid in the US alone *daily* (already in july)

lol walt jr. you lying fraud. not only had the economy collapsed, but we had seen massive deaths when you wrote this.

She was and is the worst possible pick. I'm not sure what you're trying to brag about. Are you saying this election wasn't close? Was it inconceivable that Trump might win in August to anyone with a brain? Should I repeat again that I predicted Trump would win Florida and Ohio and still likely lose the election? And that before the election my exact quote on Skatz was Biden is a pocket pair against Trump's two overs with him needing to pick off one rust belt state, meaning Biden was a close favorite? Glad I'm continuing to live rent free in your Trump derangement syndrome head.

Also, Biden was clearly up 9 points.

Load Metric

And of course they cut off his press conference and every network has the same talking heads on saying the same shit they have been saying the last 5 hours......

SMFH
    Did they say how the military has been voting thus far? The military is always disproportionate minority. In GA, I have to assume that’s the case on steroids. Like I’d expect Trump to win them and you’re getting 10-1, so by all means. Just curious if he gave any indication as to how they’ve broken thus far. Biden may be up 5k before they get to them. He’s going to have to win them hard.

Load Metric
    Had Trump not ran such a horrible campaign down the stretch he might have still pulled this off. Anyone who can't see that or how the virus clearly cost him coasting to an easy victory is either lying to themselves or an idiot. Not only did the virus cost him some of his own voters, there's no way Biden does these kind of numbers without mail in voting obviously.

Load Metric
    i have no idea who vaughn is even posting to at this point.

Thread Information