Page 313 of 634 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,260 of 12669

Thread: **OFFICIAL Donald J. Trump vs. Joseph (Joe) R. Biden Thread - 2020 Presidential Election**

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

Biden went 98% of the debate doing good to great and then closes with shutting down the oil industry in America, the one issue that could lose him PA.

Will probably be overlooked but that will be on commercials non stop starting tomorrow in PA.
    oil or shale? is there a big oil industry in PA?
    Roughly 26,000 jobs working directly in oil fields but the industry on the whole supports roughly 350,000 jobs in PA alone. The broader circle includes transportation, storage, refining, etc.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    I watched the debate with at least a couple of people who completely do not care about politics. Resounding opinion was that angry, mumbling Joe was actually a bit disturbing, and that though Trump is a bit of a moron, he came across as funny and likable. The strong opinion in the room was that Trump was effective by pinning him down on the issues of being an all talk politician and getting him to admit he intends to destroy the oil industry.

Among politically savvy types, there were questions of fairness on the one sided interruptions of Trump and the questions being favorable to Biden. The biggest what the fuck is that Biden was not asked about court packing. Very rigged, but Trump still won.
    have you noticed that everyone in this thread who leans to the right thinks trump did great, but everyone who leans left thinks the opposite?

we already know how everyone thought the debate went, just by seeing who made the post. we don't actually have to read it.

Only reason I made the post was to point out that the actually objective type I was with tonight were weirded out by Biden. Trump was much more effective this time, and it was hard for everyone I was watching with to get past Biden's dilated pupil rage face and mumbling.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    With no fossil fuel....everyone’s house, even in rural PA will have to be heated via electricity.

Yikes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

oil or shale? is there a big oil industry in PA?
    Roughly 26,000 jobs working directly in oil fields but the industry on the whole supports roughly 350,000 jobs in PA alone. The broader circle includes transportation, storage, refining, etc.
    Fossil fuels are a finite resource. You can fact check that if you like.
    Fossil fuels are dangerous to the planet which means us.
    There is endless energy all around us.
    Biden said transition. The world is talking transition.
    Nobody is the pulling the plug until it's feasible
    But still

You poor fools

Comments

Walter Sobchak: exactly

Load Metric
    why is Tony Bobulinski talking now?

do you figure the FBI was told make him go public now?

the FBI has had the laptop for a while, were they building a case against Bobulinski to coerce him talking about the Bidens? and the FBI was told now is the time to go public?

it all seems so suspect
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    I'm not sure who won the debate.
    Though, the betting market on Betfair has the dems @ $1.49 (1/2)
    Was $1.65+ yesterday so this is quite the considerable shortening.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    TRUMP WINS: my predictit portfolio was up 2k, now 3

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    why is Tony Bobulinski talking now?

do you figure the FBI was told make him go public now?

the FBI has had the laptop for a while, were they building a case against Bobulinski to coerce him talking about the Bidens? and the FBI was told now is the time to go public?

it all seems so suspect
    He's talking because it's October.

But that doesn't make the allegations any less true.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Trump ain't winning PA.

As soon as Biden became the nominee, I thought he would have trouble there. Once COVID hit, I wrote off PA.

Biden has always been popular there -- both due to his Scranton roots, and because tiny Delaware derives most of its identity from its proximity to PA.

Biden was chosen by Obama specifically to win Pennsylvania. Obama hasn't liked Biden from day 1, and still doesn't care for him. This isn't even much of a secret.

Biden's greatest strength (at the time he was nominated) was that it was very likely he'd grab PA back for the Dems, forcing Trump to have to win one of the three northern states (MI/WI/MN), while also having to hold everything else he previously carried.

This is why Trump is facing such an uphill battle.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Anyway, if this fleshes out beyond a 7-minute FOX News statement, this could actually be a problem for Biden:

Biden's main appeal is that he seems to be a decent guy. Sure, he's old, senile, and creepy, but he comes off as a reasonable politician who cares and generally wants to do the right thing.

Trump, on the other hand, comes off as an arrogant and shifty jerk.

If it turns out that Biden is another shifty jerk, and was just a wolf in sheep's clothing, people might choose to vote for the wolf in wolf's clothing.

The only thing Biden has going for him in this situation is that it's not particularly simple. The entire story is confusing and difficult to follow, which makes it difficult to sell as a reason people shouldn't vote for Biden. There were some similar scandals involving Hillary and foreign influence which were discovered during the 2016 campaign, but never pressed very hard because they were too complex for the public to understand.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Druff, you are really making a fool out of yourself clinging to hope that this “Biden family corruption scandal” (1) has any merit, and (2) will have any traction with swing voters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Anyway, if this fleshes out beyond a 7-minute FOX News statement, this could actually be a problem for Biden:

Biden's main appeal is that he seems to be a decent guy. Sure, he's old, senile, and creepy, but he comes off as a reasonable politician who cares and generally wants to do the right thing.

If it turns out that Biden is another shifty jerk, and was just a wolf in sheep's clothing, people might choose to vote for the wolf in wolf's clothing.

The only thing Biden has going for him in this situation is that it's not particularly simple. The entire story is confusing and difficult to follow, which makes it difficult to sell as a reason people shouldn't vote for Biden. There were some similar scandals involving Hillary and foreign influence which were discovered during the 2016 campaign, but never pressed very hard because they were too complex for the public to understand.
    I don't think it's confusing, or difficult to follow in the slightest.

RG has been shopping for dirt on the Biden's for two years. And to be perfectly honest the fit-up he's trying to present is flawed on many levels. It's only hard to understand as you listen to the shit Fox and other pro Trump media entities are attempting to pass off as fact.

Do you honestly believe Shokin was sacked for investigating Burisma and the Bidens?
    Once you realize this is complete fantasy it becomes clear as to what's going on.

I'm still waiing for the RICO charts that RG promised months ago that prove the Biden's are criminals.

You know there was reports late last year that emails and computer evidence was being bandied around in the Ukraine for the bargain price of $5,000,000
    Andrii Derkach has his fingerprints all over this, and according to your treasury department is an active Russian agent.

It's really not confusing. RG has zero point zero credibility, how many times must a man lie before you realize he's a huckster?

Comments

Walter Sobchak: this
    Last edited by Salty_Aus; 10-23-2020 at 04:17 AM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Trump scored more critical hits than Biden during the debate. The biggest one is on fracking. Biden claimed he never said he would get rid of it and that’s a straight up lie. Trump said he would post the proof and here it is:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1319466667676749824

These clips should be hammered in PA and everywhere else where fracking is an issue.
    Last edited by BiffCo99; 10-23-2020 at 04:08 AM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post
    I watched the debate with at least a couple of people who completely do not care about politics. Resounding opinion was that angry, mumbling Joe was actually a bit disturbing, and that though Trump is a bit of a moron, he came across as funny and likable. The strong opinion in the room was that Trump was effective by pinning him down on the issues of being an all talk politician and getting him to admit he intends to destroy the oil industry.

Among politically savvy types, there were questions of fairness on the one sided interruptions of Trump and the questions being favorable to Biden. The biggest what the fuck is that Biden was not asked about court packing. Very rigged, but Trump still won.
    Here’s the clip on Biden ending the oil industry. Even the pro-Biden moderator seemed stunned.

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1319467866194935809

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Fossil fuels are a finite resource. You can fact check that if you like.
    Fossil fuels are dangerous to the planet which means us.
    There is endless energy all around us.
    Biden said transition. The world is talking transition.
    Nobody is the pulling the plug until it's feasible
    But still

You poor fools
    Feasible basically means in 50 years, but he can’t say that or his green voters will be pissed, he can’t say 10 years because then the oil states will be pissed....it’s a bit of a conundrum.

If no new oil is found, there is about 53 years of reserves left, with renewables being used more and more we should have reserves for at least another 10 to 20.

But there is still plenty of oil to be found, so it’s more like a couple hundred years...

Load Metric
    i was 100% certain that all trump people are conspiracy theorists, so i'm surprised to hear them think that PA is even in play with mail in balloting, and with the PA supreme court ruling that ballots don't even need to be postmarked by election day.

50% of my neighbors/family have already voted. (i'm in PA). every other facebook post is how proud they are for doing so.

also no big deal but i read that dem early voters lead republican early voters by 46% in PA

enjoy that tranny dick, dish

(and yes, joe's oil line was stupid)

Gold
    Load Metric
    i was 100% certain that all trump people are conspiracy theorists, so i'm surprised to hear them think that PA is even in play with mail in balloting, and with the PA supreme court ruling that ballots don't even need to be postmarked by election day.

50% of my neighbors/family have already voted. (i'm in PA). every other facebook post is how proud they are for doing so.

also no big deal but i read that dem early voters lead republican early voters by 46% in PA

enjoy that tranny dick, dish

(and yes, joe's oil line was stupid)
    Yeah it’s quite possible and maybe even likely that Trump will be up in PA on election night and then Wolf and his minions just keep finding ballots until Biden wins. Especially since ballots don’t even need a legible postmark lmao.

I’m not taking anything for granted though in any of these swing states. Wasn’t Obama in PA the other day? Like, why would he be there if PA was such a lock?

Are there going to be multiple polling places open in PA in Election Day or is it one per county?

The more you look at the situation in PA it’s becoming clear this is probably going to be the biggest clusterfuck state after the Election and complete chaos could erupt in its urban areas and where they’re actually going to be counting votes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Two shockers so far in the debate.

1. Biden performing well.
    2. Both acting like adults.

Wild
    This shouldn't be a surprise. The "Biden is senile" narrative was made up by the right wing lie machine. It was never true. He stutters, but he has always stuttered.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Such a wonderful couple.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Two shockers so far in the debate.

1. Biden performing well.
    2. Both acting like adults.

Wild
    This shouldn't be a surprise. The "Biden is senile" narrative was made up by the right wing lie machine. It was never true. He stutters, but he has always stuttered.

Also, he was strong at the beginning but I felt like he ran out of gas/meds the last 20 minutes. He has a big lead so his overall performance was good enough.

Load Metric

Yeah, Druff. Let’s make nepotism and corruption on the part of Biden versus Trump the deciding election issue.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information