Page 26 of 634 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126526 ... LastLast

Thread: **OFFICIAL Donald J. Trump vs. Joseph (Joe) R. Biden Thread - 2020 Presidential Election**

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Yep, this is a common theme on PI. Either Trump is undervalued in the states, or he's overvalued in the general. Or both. Either way, there's a mismatch of pricing that you can take advantage of.

If you like Trump, buy Trump in the states (riskier). OR Buy Trump in the states and sell Trump in the GE (risk adverse). But don't buy Trump in the GE and ignore the states (overpaying).

If you like Biden, buy Biden in the general (riskier). OR Buy Biden in the general and sell Biden in the states (risk adverse). But don't buy Biden in the states and ignore the GE (overpaying).
    yeah the whole site is completely inconsistent

it has trump 50 to biden 43, but has the popular vote winner becoming president at 65-35

so trump must be favored to win the popular vote, right?

um no, predictit has biden destroying trump here 70-30

That market is neither large enough nor liquid enough to be predictive.

That's why it's still possible to make money on it.

Shhhh, don't tell anyone.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    literally dozens of college kids are responsible for the money moving the lines on predictit.
    Every betting market at the moment is in line with predictit. That's a lot of college kids betting on Presidential markets sitting at home now with no money. But I get your point it could happen. Most college kids bet on events 5 months in advance and wait. It's in their nature.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: It's in your nature to be a massive faggot

Load Metric
    literally dozens of college kids are responsible for the money moving the lines on predictit.
    Could even be hundreds.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Summary of election.

Blacks won’t vote at all because no black candidate.
    Trump supporters will all vote.
    Democrats won’t vote at all over voting for sleepy creepy basement Biden.

Trump wins.
    Blacks aren't going to vote because Democrats nominated the guy they overwhelmingly and enthusiastically supported. Never mind that Harris is also the favorite to be VP.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: story checks out

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Every betting market at the moment is in line with predictit. That's a lot of college kids betting on Presidential markets sitting at home now with no money. But I get your point it could happen. Most college kids bet on events 5 months in advance and wait. It's in their nature.
    You mean they're all in line with PredictIt having Democrats as the favorite?

https://www.predictit.org/markets/de...ntial-election

You should check out the UK site betfair for political betting odds even if you can't use it. They have already matched £30 million in bets on the Presidential election! https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plu...etting-2378961 The site is extremely transparent and you can back or lay.

Right now there are some striking anomalies in the market. Trump is slightly odds against @ 2.08 (this means if you staked £1 and won you'd get £2.08 back, so 2.0 would be Evens) but Biden is available @ 2.4. That means the market is factoring in a HUGE 10% chance of at least one of them not making it to the starting line.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: 1. Great info. 2. Stick around and post more.

Load Metric
    i had like $500 in play during the dem primaries and i moved the line 3 cents when i sold my position.

i mean..
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

I have said it's a binary choice all along. Trump against Biden, Trump wins. Trump against a generic Democrat he will probably lose. I think everyone agrees there is a really good chance Biden is not around come November. Whether it's by discretion, a hospital bed or a coffin, it really is unlikely he is the candidate. But he is a stubborn old man, so he might just ride it out in his basement. That is why there is such a discrepancy in the odds right now.

I think any right minded Democrat knows Joe can't hang out in his basement forever. With that said, he is a walking ghost if he leaves and mingles with like 10 voters. But here again he is stubborn so he will either stay in his basement or just get wheeled out in a glass dome at the convention and look ridiculous.

At least Trump is saying Fuck it, and that plays in politics. Joe in the Bubble no, it does not.

Load Metric
    i had like $500 in play during the dem primaries and i moved the line 3 cents when i sold my position.

i mean..
    Every book has Trump up by 7-10. Yes it will narrow, etc.. But this is not a few college kids staying home and bumming money from their parents. Many people hate Trump, but they see Biden as literally as a walking ghost. The guy is terrified to leave his house and that just is a losing strategy.

Load Metric

I have said it's a binary choice all along. Trump against Biden, Trump wins. Trump against a generic Democrat he will probably lose. I think everyone agrees there is a really good chance Biden is not around come November. Whether it's by discretion, a hospital bed or a coffin, it really is unlikely he is the candidate. But he is a stubborn old man, so he might just ride it out in his basement. That is why there is such a discrepancy in the odds right now.

I think any right minded Democrat knows Joe can't hang out in his basement forever. With that said, he is a walking ghost if he leaves and mingles with like 10 voters. But here again he is stubborn so he will either stay in his basement or just get wheeled out in a glass dome at the convention and look ridiculous.

At least Trump is saying Fuck it, and that plays in politics. Joe in the Bubble no, it does not.
    bottomset predicting trump loses in 2020, after insisting trump won't lose for months

Load Metric

I have said it's a binary choice all along. Trump against Biden, Trump wins. Trump against a generic Democrat he will probably lose.
    Hard to get more generic than Biden.

Biden is trading at a 44% chance to be president, and an 80% chance to be the nominee. This implies a 55% chance of winning the presidential election if he becomes the Democratic nominee.

Load Metric

I have said it's a binary choice all along. Trump against Biden, Trump wins. Trump against a generic Democrat he will probably lose.

Biden is trading at a 44% chance to be president, and an 80% chance to be the nominee. This implies a 55% chance of winning the presidential election if he becomes the Democratic nominee.
    You are totally retarded
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Name:  DBBBEAF5-0A5C-4B5E-96A8-E49DD2E83CD4.jpeg
Views: 282
Size:  65.4 KB

Comments

dwai:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

You are totally retarded
    Because I understand math and you don't? Yikes

Load Metric
    split is fat now, right

Load Metric

bottomset predicting trump loses in 2020, after insisting trump won't lose for months
    I have been on record saying it depends on where the economy is in October, and that really goes for any President with the exception of FDR since he got a pass his first term. Outside of that it's what people are feeling about their future finances.

You are not talking to some Associates degreed loser like Muck Ficon collecting stimulus checks and fist pumping. You are talking to the Juice.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: toilet juice maybe

Muck Ficon: Lol

Load Metric

I have been on record saying it depends on where the economy is in October, and that really goes for any President with the exception of FDR since he got a pass his first term. Outside of that it's what people are feeling about their future finances.

You are not talking to some Associates degreed loser like Muck Ficon collecting stimulus checks and fist pumping. You are talking to the Juice.
    You mean like this juice?

Name:  pic_nrd_20160328_bunch-1.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  1.07 MB

Load Metric
    LOL, George Conway's group trying to reignite a fire.
    Trump doesn't like people getting rich off of him, w/out getting a piece.
    Parscale had to fly to the WH to cool Trump down a few weeks ago.

PSA if you have any extra green rep points, consider giving them to tgull, he could use a boost.

Don't worry Tgull I have 8 more, and even though he doesn't care about his score, lets get him back under 200.

Comments

big dick: that's great
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    LOL, George Conway's group trying to reignite a fire.
    Trump doesn't like people getting rich off of him, w/out getting a piece.
    Parscale had to fly to the WH to cool Trump down a few weeks ago.

PSA if you have any extra green rep points, consider giving them to tgull, he could use a boost.

Don't worry Tgull I have 8 more, and even though he doesn't care about his score, lets get him back under 200.

these ppl are completely irrelevant. like ya we get it, u really want a career in politics but have 0 chance of making more than 100k with Trumpism around

Load Metric
    Who is George Conway again, and why should anyone care what he's doing?

Thread Information