Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corona will go down as the single largest media driven circus of all time.

Load Metric

Corona will go down as the single largest media driven circus of all time.

According to worldometer we currently have 579k cases and 23k deaths, which is awful. If true. There have been 2.9 million tests for a 20% positive ratio per test. We have 330M population in the US give or take. That would suggest actual cases of 66 million in the country had every body been tested. Obviously that number would be high. 10% of the population would be very believable though. That's 30 million cases with the same death rate as every death in the United States is currently being tested for Corona for various reasons, mostly because the government is taking care of medical bills for positive cases. Should my numbers be even remotely true would mean Corona has a .1% mortality rate or the same as the seasonal flu. You'll also notice since Corona has been focused on, seasonal flu cases and deaths have gone down bigly. This is because they are now being classified as Corona.

Does anyone here remember the swine flu back in 2009? No big deal right. Sure you've heard of it but since there wasn't a worldometer highlighting every new case and sine the media didn't focus on it 24/7 and since we had a far less polarizing President in the White House maybe it was just a strain of the common flu? 50 million Americans had swine in 2009 with some estimates of 200k deaths. 50 fucking million. But it was nothing of course because of my above points.

You've got the hypochondriac owner of this website afraid to leave his house because he thinks the black plague is in the air waiting to kill him for god's sake. Think about this. He'd rather have stranger with god knows what disease handling and delivering his food because of the current plague. It's clown show shit. Embarrassing to listen to radio any time he speaks of Corona.

I'm not into conspiracies as to why this is happening, but I am considered "essential" according to my state so I'm 100% business as usual and I can safely say it's completely normal out and about. To read how certain clowns haven't left their house in weeks because of this sham is both hilarious and sad to me.

The economy is ravaged. It's completely devastated and will only get worse. We will see numbers nobody thought were even possible. There will be more deaths by suicide from poor assholes losing their businesses than there will be deaths from this flu. It's fucking sad.

For any of you fuckers acting like this is the second coming of the bubonic plague you can kindly go fuck yourselves and die.

Comments

splitthis: Yeah poo bravo.

IamGreek: I'm beginning to feel you maybe be right

Daniel72: hype and hoax

Salty_Aus: Full points for effort.

FRANKRIZZO: agreed with the rate of death comment

gut:

snowtracks: Your An Idiot Pooh

1marley1: Eat shit Pooh.

Load Metric
    One thing to look out for coming out of this is how political certain states of the blue color make it against Trump. Watch for lawsuits when one side wants to reopen etc. I can respect one's choice to stay the fuck home but certain places simply shouldn't be closed down as I type this.

Load Metric
    damn, how much $$ you lose bro?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    damn, how much $$ you lose bro?
    Nah I'm good. I'm probably the least affected out of anyone in this place. I had shit loads of cash going into the crash so once it's done I'll be set. Honestly I hope the market goes lower.

Comments

Krypt:

Load Metric
    We won't know the true fatality rate until after this pandemic is over.

"Coronavirus" or "Covid-19" has a fatality rate between 1% to 4% depending on different strands of the virus and amount of exposure.

The regular flu has a 0.1% death rate.

The state of New York fucked up because they didn't shutdown until March 23rd a week after most of the west coast. They were exposed to a different strand than people on the west coast and some were exposed to a higher dose of this virus resulting in more deaths.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    We won't know the true fatality rate until after this pandemic is over.

"Coronavirus" or "Covid-19" has a fatality rate between 1% to 4% depending on different strands of the virus and amount of exposure.

The regular flu has a 0.1% death rate.

The state of New York fucked up because they didn't shutdown until March 23rd a week after most of the west coast. They were exposed to a different strand than people on the west coast and some were exposed to a higher dose of this virus resulting in more deaths.

Uhh My company started mandatory to work from home on the 13th. Your dates are off

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    According to worldometer we currently have 579k cases and 23k deaths, which is awful. If true. There have been 2.9 million tests for a 20% positive ratio per test. We have 330M population in the US give or take. That would suggest actual cases of 66 million in the country had every body been tested. Obviously that number would be high. 10% of the population would be very believable though. That's 30 million cases with the same death rate as every death in the United States is currently being tested for Corona for various reasons, mostly because the government is taking care of medical bills for positive cases. Should my numbers be even remotely true would mean Corona has a .1% mortality rate or the same as the seasonal flu. You'll also notice since Corona has been focused on, seasonal flu cases and deaths have gone down bigly. This is because they are now being classified as Corona.

Does anyone here remember the swine flu back in 2009? No big deal right. Sure you've heard of it but since there wasn't a worldometer highlighting every new case and sine the media didn't focus on it 24/7 and since we had a far less polarizing President in the White House maybe it was just a strain of the common flu? 50 million Americans had swine in 2009 with some estimates of 200k deaths. 50 fucking million. But it was nothing of course because of my above points.

You've got the hypochondriac owner of this website afraid to leave his house because he thinks the black plague is in the air waiting to kill him for god's sake. Think about this. He'd rather have stranger with god knows what disease handling and delivering his food because of the current plague. It's clown show shit. Embarrassing to listen to radio any time he speaks of Corona.

I'm not into conspiracies as to why this is happening, but I am considered "essential" according to my state so I'm 100% business as usual and I can safely say it's completely normal out and about. To read how certain clowns haven't left their house in weeks because of this sham is both hilarious and sad to me.

The economy is ravaged. It's completely devastated and will only get worse. We will see numbers nobody thought were even possible. There will be more deaths by suicide from poor assholes losing their businesses than there will be deaths from this flu. It's fucking sad.

For any of you fuckers acting like this is the second coming of the bubonic plague you can kindly go fuck yourselves and die.

ok but only like 12,000 people died from the swine flu in the US

Load Metric
    and finally, a thread to talk about the coronavirus

Comments

Tellafriend: Haha

Load Metric
    The whole fucking thing is a scam. If you are fat, obese, and type 2 diabetic or over 80 stay inside as you would die anyway. Outside of that take your chances. This thing has been totally driven by Democratic Governors in the Northeast. I am not obese and living with 7 other people. Time to get on with our lives. Trump was right yet again.

Comments

OSA: again who is the twink in your avatar

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    The whole fucking thing is a scam. If you are fat, obese, and type 2 diabetic or over 80 stay inside as you would die anyway. Outside of that take your chances. This thing has been totally driven by Democratic Governors in the Northeast. I am not obese and living with 7 other people. Time to get on with our lives. Trump was right yet again.
    Apparently nothing actually happened or is happening in China or Italy or Spain or Canada or...................

It's all been a worldwide conspiracy to make sure Trump loses the election later this year.

OK gotcha.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Uhh My company started mandatory to work from home on the 13th. Your dates are off
    My date's are correct.

Your company may have started working from home on May 13th but Governor Cuomo didn't order the lockdown, which shutdown non-essential businesses until May 23rd.

A full week after most states in America shutdown.

Comments

gauchojake: YES MAY 23RD IS DEF CORRECT

OSA: Lol May. I hear you though.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's sad that some people still think this, when enough time has passed to where we have clarity on the matter.

The swine flu was so mild that it's estimated that a ton of people had it and showed zero symptoms. It also killed more like the regular flu -- very predictable as to who would die from it. If you weren't very old, very young, or very sick, you didn't have to worry about it.

How many people did you know with the swine flu in 2009? And of those, how many died or had terrible symptoms from it?

Despite living in Vegas at the time and knowing tons of poker players (those probably most likely to get a highly contagious disease), I knew zero point zero who knew they had it. That's how mild it was.

You can't just look at death figures, or even hospitalization figures. You have to look at how many people over 40 end up having the most miserable experience of their lives when they have it, and that seems to be most of them. From what I've seen, there are the mid-30s guys like Sloppy Joe and David "Doc" Sands who experience it mildly, and then we have the over-40 guys who go through hell.

I've spoken directly with several people over 40 who had it. All had absolutely terrible experiences, and a few of them actually said they felt like they were going to die at one point. These were all people with no major health issues prior to getting it.

You know what I haven't heard yet? Someone I know who is over 40, got it, and said, "Hey, this was no worse than the flu!"

Instead, I hear about 2-3 weeks of the worst fatigue ever (you can't walk down the stairs), the worst body pains/aches ever, a persistent cough which makes your chest feel like it's going to explode, and a fever which sits there and won't break. Some also develop breathing problems where it gets tougher and tougher to breathe without feeling like you're drowning, and you start to fear that you're going to be dead or on a ventilator soon.

These aren't just 85-year-olds or one-off stories I read about on CNN. These are real people I know, and some are a few years younger than me.

Remember Steve-O (Steve Ruddock) from this forum? He just had an experience like this.

A few things can be true at once:

1) This is a horrible thing which you don't want to get if you're over 40

2) Trump has made mistakes in handling this, partially because he's just not good at shit like this

3) The Democrats are exaggerating Trump's mistakes and exploiting it for political purposes

Just because Democrats use this to attack Trump doesn't mean that it's not really a serious matter. You should watch out, Pooh, because you're over 40 and have had anxiety before, and the last thing someone with anxiety wants is breathing issues. Trust me on that one especially.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: voice of reason on this point

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    It's sad that some people still think this, when enough time has passed to where we have clarity on the matter.

The swine flu was so mild that it's estimated that a ton of people had it and showed zero symptoms. It also killed more like the regular flu -- very predictable as to who would die from it. If you weren't very old, very young, or very sick, you didn't have to worry about it.

How many people did you know with the swine flu in 2009? And of those, how many died or had terrible symptoms from it?

Despite living in Vegas at the time and knowing tons of poker players (those probably most likely to get a highly contagious disease), I knew zero point zero who knew they had it. That's how mild it was.

You can't just look at death figures, or even hospitalization figures. You have to look at how many people over 40 end up having the most miserable experience of their lives when they have it, and that seems to be most of them. From what I've seen, there are the mid-30s guys like Sloppy Joe and David "Doc" Sands who experience it mildly, and then we have the over-40 guys who go through hell.

I've spoken directly with several people over 40 who had it. All had absolutely terrible experiences, and a few of them actually said they felt like they were going to die at one point. These were all people with no major health issues prior to getting it.

You know what I haven't heard yet? Someone I know who is over 40, got it, and said, "Hey, this was no worse than the flu!"

Instead, I hear about 2-3 weeks of the worst fatigue ever (you can't walk down the stairs), the worst body pains/aches ever, a persistent cough which makes your chest feel like it's going to explode, and a fever which sits there and won't break. Some also develop breathing problems where it gets tougher and tougher to breathe without feeling like you're drowning, and you start to fear that you're going to be dead or on a ventilator soon.

These aren't just 85-year-olds or one-off stories I read about on CNN. These are real people I know, and some are a few years younger than me.

Remember Steve-O (Steve Ruddock) from this forum? He just had an experience like this.

A few things can be true at once:

1) This is a horrible thing which you don't want to get if you're over 40

2) Trump has made mistakes in handling this, partially because he's just not good at shit like this

3) The Democrats are exaggerating Trump's mistakes and exploiting it for political purposes

Just because Democrats use this to attack Trump doesn't mean that it's not really a serious matter. You should watch out, Pooh, because you're over 40 and have had anxiety before, and the last thing someone with anxiety wants is breathing issues. Trust me on that one especially.
    Also, it's about protecting society as a whole against the spread. That requires cooperation. No surprise the Trump fans are the most selfish about coronavirus too.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Coronavirus is TEN TIMES deadlier than the 2009 swine flu pandemic which killed 200,000, WHO reveals as it stress a vaccine will be needed to fully halt transmission

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...0-reveals.html

Swine flu killed 138 in England, 12,469 Americans and 191 in Australia.

As a percentage, coronavirus has so far killed 6.4 per cent of people who have tested positive for it, including 12 per cent of those in Britain, 0.1 per cent in Australia and 4 per cent in the US.

But the swine flu slayed just 1.1 per cent of those it infected globally, according to WHO figures.

Load Metric
    The question is when will these states re-open and will they defy Trump when he orders everyone back to work?

Load Metric
    I guess the reason there are thankfully less deaths and people getting sic is they closed the fucking schools, canceled sports, music concerts, forced closed restaurants and "non essential" businesses and gatherings or there would be millions dead and many millions sic. we would be fucked if we treated this less intensively. IMO we got saved by swift self isolation and personal space action and cooperation between countries. we should worry were it comes from and who's fault is after it is solved or gone.
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 04-13-2020 at 09:47 PM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Daniel72: hype and hoax

haha you stupid fuck

Comments

SPIT this: lol

Load Metric
    There have been 2.9 million tests for a 20% positive ratio per test. We have 330M population in the US give or take. That would suggest actual cases of 66 million in the country had every body been tested. Obviously that number would be high. 10% of the population would be very believable though.
    Your math is all wrong.
    If they were blindly testing randoms this might be true, but they're testing those they believe have it.
    I reckon the real figure is between 1,500,000 and 5,000,000 active cases right now.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    There have been 2.9 million tests for a 20% positive ratio per test. We have 330M population in the US give or take. That would suggest actual cases of 66 million in the country had every body been tested. Obviously that number would be high. 10% of the population would be very believable though.
    Your math is all wrong.
    If they were blindly testing randoms this might be true, but they're testing those they believe have it.
    I reckon the real figure is between 1,500,000 and 5,000,000 active cases right now.

I just linked a guy who has been analyzing the virus since the start in other thread. He said it’s hard to know even for him without blood testing, but he thinks 2-3%, so like 6.6 million to 9.9 million was his best guess given all the work he’s done and some assumption

Comments

Salty_Aus: I was guessing on the conservative side... it's many millions for sure though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

Your math is all wrong.

I just linked a guy who has been analyzing the virus since the start in other thread. He said it’s hard to know even for him without blood testing, but he thinks 2-3%, so like 6.6 million to 9.9 million was his best guess given all the work he’s done and some assumption
    Something I read the other day from Iceland who have tested a larger percentage of the population then any other country.

They did random tests and figured 50% of all cases are asymptomatic.

Thread Information