View Poll Results: Which house do you choose?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll

3 20.00%

3 20.00%

0 0%

3 20.00%

4 26.67%

1 6.67%
  • Don't know / don't care

1 6.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poker Quarantine -- Which house do you choose?

Blog Entries

Poker Quarantine -- Which house do you choose?

I really really hate reposting social media memes and open questions, because 99% are stupid and lame. However, this one might actually be fun to discuss.

Choose based upon living with these people for an extended period of time. Ignore level of poker skill.

Name:  poker-quar.png
Views: 157
Size:  516.4 KB

house #2 and it’s not even close.

#1 long time fantasy of mine to do Maria Ho from behind while Chainsaw watched.....
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Number 1 for me. Can you stick a poll up?

House 5

Blog Entries
    House #1:
    People I like: Allen Kessler
    People I am neutral toward: Tony G, Maria Ho, Daniel Negreanu
    People I dislike: None
    People I don't know: Erik Seidel, Jeff Gross

House #2:
    People I like: Jason Somerville
    People I am neutral toward: Antionio Esfandiari, Jennifer Tilly
    People I dislike: Jamie Gold, Shaun Deeb
    People I don't know: Sammy Farha

House #3:
    People I like: Chris Moneymaker
    People I am neutral toward: Doyle Brunson, Greg Raymer, Jason Mercier
    People I dislike: Phil Hellmuth
    People I don't know: Kristen Bicknell

House #4:
    People I like: JRB
    People I am neutral toward: Wiliam Kassouf, Johnny Chan, Mike Sexton, Jamie Kerstetter
    People I dislike: None
    People I don't know: Billy Baxter

House #5:
    People I like: Phil Laak
    People I am neutral toward: Joe Hachem, Phil Ivey, John Juanda, TJ Cloutier
    People I dislike: Liv Boeree
    People I don't know: None

House #6:
    People I like: Mike Matusow
    People I am neutral toward: Mike McDonald, Luke Schwartz, Jennifer Harman
    People I dislike: Vanessa Selbst
    People I don't know: Randall Emmett

Based upon this, I'm going with #1 or #4, as those are the only two houses without someone I dislike. All six houses have exactly one person I can say I like (and have met in person).

If forced to choose, I would probably go with #4, because #1 seems like it would be chaos with Negreanu, Tony G, and Allen Kessler all under one roof. If in #4, I'd just be careful that William Kassouf didn't have access to any of my stuff.

The house I'd least like to be in is #6. Vanessa Selbst is awful, Luke Schwartz seems like he can be an asshole, and Randall Emmett would probably be insufferable beyond small doses.

Blog Entries
    Shitty vBulletin won't let me make this into a pol after-the-fact, but I pulled some shenanigans and it's a poll now.

Go vote.

I bet Selbst would spend half an hour on the can reading the paper every morning and would leave an overpowering stench lingering there for the rest of the day.

Comments

DirtyErnie: hmm, I could go for a meatball sandwich

Spookygook:
    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

You better have a lot of food in storage for house 3 because even Mercier was big last time I saw him.

I think I’d go with house 5. Feels like we’d play a lot of poker and other gambling games and I’d probably learn some kind of useful scam/edge from Ivey. Laak seems entertaining. Most of the guys besides Cloutier are roughly same general age range. Prettiest girl to look at.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    You better have a lot of food in storage for house 3 because even Mercier was big last time I saw him.

I think I’d go with house 5. Feels like we’d play a lot of poker and other gambling games and I’d probably learn some kind of useful scam/edge from Ivey. Laak seems entertaining. Most of the guys besides Cloutier are roughly same general age range. Prettiest girl to look at.
    Laak has always been very friendly and nice in my interactions with him. Still says hello to me when we see each other in the halls of the WSOP. Even at the peak of his popularity, he always acted like a regular guy who was actually happy to be meeting you, rather than the other way around.

This contest is dumb because you did not include the one poker player that matters most.
    It is in my bones which sucks so can make it hard to move sometimes. Trying to spend as much time with friends and family.

can't see the picture in your first post Druff

Comments

IamGreek: This

House 1,

I too would like to bone Maria Ho

Tony G seems like he’d be fun to drink with

Druff picked 4 So he won’t be in 1, and no offense But living with him would be boring, not his fault but he cares about stuff I find a waste of time and I am sure the feelings would be mutual.

I sat right next to william kassouf for all of an hour at the Encore during the WSOP last year.

That hour was a hell of a lot of fun. The chips started flying and he’s talk is as legendary live as it is on TV. It works for him too becuase I have him the “if you got it you got it shove” back in his hook face with top boat for his last $100 - he said he had trips with an ace which would have been a call there as there was $700 in the pot but it was an obvious tell that I had it.

All that being said if the poll was go get some beers and/or play poker for 2-3-4 hours he might be enough to take House 4 on his own. To live with for a month - absolutely no chance. As they say on shark tank “for this reason, I’m out”

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Weird. Probably from the weird thread merge I did to make the poll. I had to make a second thread with a poll, then backdate the post in the database, then merge them.

I'll squeeze a second post in there with the picture. Tell me if this works.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Weird. Probably from the weird thread merge I did to make the poll. I had to make a second thread with a poll, then backdate the post in the database, then merge them.

Didn't work here either for me. Windows 10/chrome/14.4k modem

Quote Originally Posted by YUUP View Post
    #1 long time fantasy of mine to do Maria Ho from behind while Chainsaw watched.....
    A few years ago when I met Druff at the WSOP, I saw Mario Ho standing near a table that was close to the rail, and in lechy kind of way snapped a pic of her from behind on my phone. If I still have it, I’ll post it so that you have some visual material to mentally work on that idea.

“[T]he US has a much more sophisticated epidemic disease control system than China, so the risk of [SARS-CoV-2] spreading to a large percentage of the US population is likely very low.” — MumblesBadly, 1/30/20

Assuming that a game with these people would be ongoing to watch, I’d love to see the drama that would ensue with William Kassouf playing against some of these pros, especially JRB.

“[T]he US has a much more sophisticated epidemic disease control system than China, so the risk of [SARS-CoV-2] spreading to a large percentage of the US population is likely very low.” — MumblesBadly, 1/30/20

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Didn't work here either for me. Windows 10/chrome/14.4k modem
    Shit. You're right. I'll go delete and re-upload.

Would I get to fuck Vanessa on the reg?

Is yes, then I'll pick house 2.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information