Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2020 HURRICANE ALERT: ITS GOING TO BE FUCKING HORRIBLE *** OFFICIAL ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    That has been the case for decades. Blue states subsidizing the welfare south.

And why do you think that is?
    Because the vibrant economies of America's large urban centers are full of winners, and the bass ackward rural evangelical south, not so much. But we need each other.

https://blogs.cfainstitute.org/inves...es-one-nation/

First, blue states have enjoyed higher economic growth rates on average than red states since the Great Recession. Since the mid-2000s, the business cycle of blue states has increasingly diverged from that of their red counterparts.

The average disparity in GDP growth between red states and blue states has hovered around 3.5% since the recession ended. For comparison, a previous study of 20 developed nations found an average GDP convergence among them of only 1.75%.

Differences in GDP growth also lead to differences in household income and household consumption — i.e., in living standards. Luckily, there are several transfer mechanisms that mitigate these gaps in GDP growth so that consumption shortfalls in red states amount to only about one-fifth of the growth deficits.

But Parsley and Popper found that red states and blue states smooth these consumption variations in very different ways.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    That has been the case for decades. Blue states subsidizing the welfare south.

jesus h this guy is truly thick

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Enlighten us then smartass.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I don't have to BCR just laid it out for you twice and you still can't
    process it.

My take on your dumb question. Why is it done? Because you're a union, at
    least in name. All for one, one for all.
    Get me a coffee

Load Metric

I don't have to BCR just laid it out for you twice and you still can't
    process it.

My take on your dumb question. Why is it done? Because you're a union, at
    least in name. All for one, one for all.
    Get me a coffee

Another limited les failure.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Because the vibrant economies of America's large urban centers are full of winners, and the bass ackward rural evangelical south, not so much. But we need each other.

https://blogs.cfainstitute.org/inves...es-one-nation/

First, blue states have enjoyed higher economic growth rates on average than red states since the Great Recession. Since the mid-2000s, the business cycle of blue states has increasingly diverged from that of their red counterparts.

The average disparity in GDP growth between red states and blue states has hovered around 3.5% since the recession ended. For comparison, a previous study of 20 developed nations found an average GDP convergence among them of only 1.75%.

Differences in GDP growth also lead to differences in household income and household consumption — i.e., in living standards. Luckily, there are several transfer mechanisms that mitigate these gaps in GDP growth so that consumption shortfalls in red states amount to only about one-fifth of the growth deficits.

But Parsley and Popper found that red states and blue states smooth these consumption variations in very different ways.

If we leveraged up the medium term balance sheet of The top 10 Red states by a Trillion dollars What would the impact be?

Rhetorical answers:
    GDP would skyrocket
    Federal tax receipts would boom
    “Household consumption” (Which does not always increased living standards BTW) would increase

......... And then these states would need to be bailed out at some point rendering the boom years moot.

The Blue State pays more taxes angle as generally presented only tells a part of the story.

Comments

Tellafriend: Stop making sense - it hurts their heads

Load Metric
    Lots of action in the Tropics Tine. I told you it was not easy to keep up with this stuff.

Gulf storm on the horizon.

Load Metric
    HE MEANT *GULF STORMS* PEOPLE

there is an entirely reasonable chance these two storms merge into each other and form a DEATHICANE which will simply scoop up all the coral, mud, and fish from the entire gulf of mexico and deposit it into whatever that piece of shit state is that looks like a boot lmao.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Years ago, like 2005 the Hurricane season with Cat 5 storms was going nuts. I was a legit troll on a weather message board and someone posted a conference bridge they had in which Weather Channel was hosting since a Cat 5 storm entered the Gulf. It was designed for meteorologists. At the time there was a small disturbance in the Gulf when the Cat 5 storm entered.

So I called in, I was flat out hammered on Bloody Mary's. The bald guy, the Hurricane Expert from the Weather Channel gave his update and opened it up for questions. When nobody asked anything I chimed in with a made up name/title and noted I was a member of this message board.

I asked: 1) What was the odds of this Cat 5 storm merging with this other disturbance to create a more lethal hurricane, and 2) if there was an estimate on deaths. Literally gasps started, and after a few seconds the Weather Channel guy responded he had no idea how to answer the question. The call ended like 20 seconds later.

I went back to the Message Board and the site owner literally lost it and demanded to know who made the call. He later posted a letter of apology to the WC for allowing the number to be posted. I tried to get on the call the next day, but it was password protected. hehehe.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Cool story lol

Load Metric

we should probably postpone the election if these storms merge.

also theres a perfectly reasonable chance they boomerang north east and reduce halifax to dust so if you have anything you want to tell chaps say it now.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Hey everyone, PFA's biggest and brokest troll logged in to do some trolling. I guess he got back from the zoo with his wife.

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 1 guests)

Muck Ficon

Comments

Muck Ficon: How often to you get to see your kid? Supervised visits only?

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

so you want me to make that new thread about the asteroid strike or nah?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

we should probably postpone the election if these storms merge.

also theres a perfectly reasonable chance they boomerang north east and reduce halifax to dust so if you have anything you want to tell chaps say it now.
    Name:  A55AC691-A556-40BC-87FA-08FD2F14F48B.jpeg
Views: 173
Size:  111.2 KB

(P.S. If the TineGod starts a thread about the end of the world coming soon due to a secretly-detected-by-government-scientists world-killing asteroid heading for us, just pack it up and say goodbye to all your loved ones before it’s too late.)
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Hey everyone, PFA's biggest and brokest troll logged in to do some trolling. I guess he got back from the zoo with his wife.

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 1 guests)

Muck Ficon

Hey nice hijack of a thread with your obsession. Curious, when can you photograph your wife again and share her like the old days? Or at least put her semi-retarded self back on radio? Forum, you should have seen how excited Muck was back in the day to become included into the NWP group, it was hilarious. He literally filmed his wife and shared her with poker players.

Really us kind of pathetic now isn't it Muck? Go back to your trolling.

Load Metric
    you just repeat yourself over and over

I used to respect your trolling

not anymore

you're just some random asshole who needs new material

eat shit

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    you just repeat yourself over and over

I used to respect your trolling

not anymore

you're just some random asshole who needs new material

eat shit
    LOL. A Stay at Home Gambler, which is code for dead beat. I cannot think of a bigger loser on the planet then someone that sends his wife out to work while you empty the dishwasher and play cards. Your Pops is ashamed of you 100% guaranteed. Typical Democrat loser.

Comments

dwai: rofl

Platinum
    Load Metric
    8 out of 50 states in the latest data gave more to the goat than they got in return...pretty paltry amount.

Turns out Marco is falling apart....hopefully Laura will keep heading east and not hang around too long.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Hmm bluer list than I would have thought...

The ten states with the largest positive balance of payments per capita (the biggest takers) are:

Virginia ($10,301)
    Kentucky ($9,145)
    New Mexico ($8,692)
    West Virginia ($7,283)
    Alaska ($7,048)
    Mississippi ($6,880)
    Alabama ($6,694)
    Maryland ($6,035)
    Maine ($5,572)
    Hawaii ($5,270)

Load Metric
    port arthur tx evacuating

Load Metric
    Pressure is dropping quickly, even conservative models suggest a 962 pressure at landfall, which means a Cat 3. Regardless it will be strengthening at landfall. If it shifts slightly west, it will be a direct hit for Houston. You could have an apocalyptic scenario like Hurricane Andrew or Camille where it got it's act together a day before landfall.

Thread Information