Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2020 HURRICANE ALERT: ITS GOING TO BE FUCKING HORRIBLE *** OFFICIAL ***

Load Metric
    5pm Advisory coming up soon. Meteorologists are buzzing about 160 MPH winds. Don' think it will get there but it will be close.

Load Metric
    145 MPH, 947 pressure as of 5pm Advisory. As it gets closer to land friction will likely start decreasing the wind speed, but then the wind field expands so its actually worse since it will cause many more power outages.

On a storm strengthening on landfall, really the only exception was Andrew in 1993, Camille in 69, and I guess Michael a couple years ago. It is so rare to have a strengthening storm at landfall, just is. People obsess about Katrina to this day, but it was in rapid decline the day it hit, it was a Cat 2, but the water surge did the coast in, not the winds.

But its going to be a train wreck, this storm. The surge is simply going to crush Lake Charles, shame, nice town but it is going to get clobbered and many years before being rebuilt.

Comments

dwai: doing God's work

Load Metric
    Lonie said its no way missing. Just hope it spares ny with fallen trees which caused mayhem on the last 1 a couple of months ago. Nothing worse then no electricity.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 08-26-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Load Metric
    By all accounts via satellite this is a Cat 5. Recon flights have effectively ended since it's too close to shore. It will likely be upgraded in a few weeks to a Cat 5, but for today it will be around 150 mph. Remember, Hurricane Andrew went from 145 MPH in 1993 to 165 MPH, but it took like 10 years to make that determination. Technology after the fact has gotten better since 1993 obviously.

Final Call: 150 MPH at landfall, direct hit Lake Charles, LA. $50B in damage. Eventually the NHC will make it a Cat 5 which is 156 MPH.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

get used to the word 'unsurvivable' youll be hearing it a lot soon.

Freeport in the lower left corner is an hour away..whooo...decent Beach for the area...but still shit compared to a nice place

Load Metric
    storm surge currently at around 3 feet, expecting another 16-18 feet.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I hate myself more than usual as I type this..... I don’t normally do this though.

Didn’t Trump’s stimulus executive order use FEMA funds for unemployment? Like there won’t be anything left in reserve per someone’s math I saw somewhere.

I know, I know you thought it couldn’t possibly be legal..... but I see 26 states have begun the process of engaging in the program.

Like a week later CAT 4. Unreal.

Pelosi is a selfish political schemer too so she shoulders some blame here.

Load Metric
    My work is done here. A Borderline Cat 5 hitting a vulnerable area as I predicted. I have been posting on various message boards for three days alerting people of this storm.

I am exhausted.

Comments

Muck Ficon: LOL

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I hate myself more than usual as I type this..... I don’t normally do this though.

Didn’t Trump’s stimulus executive order use FEMA funds for unemployment? Like there won’t be anything left in reserve per someone’s math I saw somewhere.

I know, I know you thought it couldn’t possibly be legal..... but I see 26 states have begun the process of engaging in the program.

i was going to respond but i wont have you slander the queen in a thread designed to SAVE... LIVES.

no wonder tgull is exhausted.

you people.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

i was going to respond but i wont have you slander the queen in a thread designed to SAVE... LIVES.

no wonder tgull is exhausted.

you people.
    If only she was able to compromise as you have. Where have have our heroes gone Joe DiMaggio?

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: kuku cachooo

Load Metric
    https://www.orlandosentinel.com/weat...4me-story.html

GG HUMANITY PAULETTE THE DESTROYER IS GOING TO HARVEST SOME SOULS.

Load Metric
    https://www.orlandosentinel.com/weat...4me-story.html

GG HUMANITY PAULETTE THE DESTROYER IS GOING TO HARVEST SOME SOULS.
    Dude, you missed the news story on this news site about the *real* storm development that will most likely result in an epic disaster for Floridians

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/poli...mey-story.html

Wrong thread?

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: 18 more
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Tine,

We have a couple things to keep an eye out for the board.

There is a system moving over the Florida straights into the Gulf. Might be a problem.

There is an absolute monster in a very western trajectory that emerged off of Africa that could develop into a a Cat 5 mid next week. This could be a Gulf event.

Going to be a long week Tine for sure. Stop on the whiskey and get some rest. You also might need to take a break from stock picking as well.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Sally is going to be a problem. Could go to Cat 3 into New Orleans. That really is not the story, the issue is when it moves inland it is going to stall, feet of rain from the Gulf for a couple days. Going to be a tough few days for our Red State friends. Praying.

Comments

splitthis:

Sanlmar: Sally, I thought you were taking shots. Proceed

Load Metric

i dont even have anything cute to say; this is going to change the american south east permanently.

Load Metric

i dont even have anything cute to say; this is going to change the american south east permanently.
    Vicky. They don’t go back ‘round to A. They use the Greek alphabet next, I heard. Record pace.

Trump said it will cool down. He’s good with health advice too.

Didn’t he use the FEMA money for his Executive Unemployment/Stimulus bailout? Exquisite. Beats politics aka brokering a deal.

Load Metric
    Cat 5 Hurricane Karen for memes one time

Load Metric
    Wilfred born in Eastern Atlantic.. Alpha coming soon in the Gulf of Mexico.. This may crush the record of 2005 at this rate considering we still have 2 months+ left and as I recall in 2005 we still had storms in December..

Update... Alpha formed barely offshore of Portugal and marks only the second recorded hit of a named tropical system to continental Europe from the Atlantic. And Beta is in the Gulf of Mexico just puttering like a senile old man.
    Last edited by ftpjesus; 09-19-2020 at 07:48 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    By all accounts via satellite this is a Cat 5. Recon flights have effectively ended since it's too close to shore. It will likely be upgraded in a few weeks to a Cat 5, but for today it will be around 150 mph. Remember, Hurricane Andrew went from 145 MPH in 1993 to 165 MPH, but it took like 10 years to make that determination. Technology after the fact has gotten better since 1993 obviously.

Final Call: 150 MPH at landfall, direct hit Lake Charles, LA. $50B in damage. Eventually the NHC will make it a Cat 5 which is 156 MPH.
    Same thing happened with Mitch last year when it wiped Mexico Beach Florida off the map. Didn’t take long to upgrade it. While we’re at it. Looks like the same area that got hit by Laura is now looking at a flooding situation similar to Sally with the very slow movement of Beta predicted now through next week

Thread Information