Background: I deleted a bunch of posts from the coronavirus thread yesterday because DonaldTrumpsHairpiece and blake were arguing back and forth, over and over, and it was cluttering the thread.

I also deleted other people's posts (including a few of mine) which were also commenting on the situation.

I just wanted the discussion done, because it was ruining the thread which I feel is an important place to discuss the virus and post information about it.

I actually agreed with blake in the argument, but it didn't matter. I just felt it was dragging on too long, dominating the thread, and had degraded into shitposts, so I picked the point where it went off the rails, and deleted the posts from there.

I offered at one point to restore the post and move them to a separate thread, but nobody was interested.

Indeed, the thread has returned to normal. However, blake said he was going to scramble his password in protest (to prevent himself from logging in), which I first thought was a joke, but indeed he hasn't logged back in.

This is a really bizarre reason to leave, unless blake was planning upon quitting PFA anyway, and this was just the manufactured reason. Or perhaps he's just doing it to get attention, or temporarily as a form of protest. It's hard to tell.

As you guys know, I don't delete much on this forum, and I really try not to ban or restrict people until I really have to do so. Most complaints have been that I moderate here too little, as opposed to too much. However, once in awhile I need to take some action in order to keep certain good/important threads reasonable. This was one of those times.

Notice that I didn't ban anyone from the thread or restrict anyone's access. I just deleted a bunch of posts made in a short period of time which were mostly troll/shitposts or responses to the troll/shitposts.

I actually think that blake is a very good PFA poster (even when we disagree on topics), and I will miss him if he's really gone. If blake really is quitting PFA, that's a loss to the site, but it's obviously up to him if he wants to continue spending time here.