Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Online Poker options- Caronavirus edition

Load Metric
    Forgets
    Last edited by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece; 03-29-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    It's very crazy the guy who won it played a few sub satellites to get in for only 25 cents. Sick ROI
    such a skill game.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Name:  zone.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  83.5 KB

Games are still pretty good. Lots of coronavirus action

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    As some of you have already pointed out, Bovada/Ignition has had crashes and lags recently. The past 24 hours have been fine, but Thursday morning, afternoon, and evening were laggggggggggggggggggy,

So I was playing 30-60 limit holdem all day. Absolutely got destroyed. Now, I'll say that some of it was good ol' fashioned runbad. When you have KQ against T8o on a QQ4 rainbow board and LOSE, you know you're running pretty fucking awful. I shot off about 7k at a single table over a period of several hours. But there was another factor which I think was related to my losing, and it's made me reconsider playing on the site when it lags.

About 13 or so years ago, I was visiting neverwin in his then-Los Angeles house, and he was playing heads up limit holdem on UB. He was mashing buttons super fast -- faster than I ever played. His opponent was also playing at breakneck speed. I asked, "Why don't you slow down? Aren't you afraid you're making mistakes playing this way?"

He said that he makes decisions very quickly, and by hammering out bets quickly, he both avoids timing tells AND pressures his opponent to also play quickly. While there's nothing actually forcing his opponent to play quickly, he pointed out that his super-fast play seemed to influence his opponents to do the same. From watching him then and in other sessions, it seemed he was correct.

He talked a lot about "rhythm" and how it's important in limit holdem online. That always stuck with me. Say what you will about Dustin and his many life issues, but the guy was a great heads up limit holdem player, especially in the 2000s.

I will tell you that Dustin was right. Rhythm is important in online limit holdem -- much more so than in NL which always plays slow, and where you always have to pause in order to size your bets (or consider your decisions). In limit, you have three choices -- fold, check/call, or bet/raise. That's it. The good players are separated from the bad players by how often they are making the right choice of those three, which adds up over many hands played (far more per hour than NL, or nearly any other game).

Once you become a veteran online limit holdem player, you start to subconsciously read timing tells. You get a sixth sense as to whether your opponent is strong or weak, whether they have a draw or a made hand, and whether that A6-high value bet on the river is a wise move. This all comes to you from the rhythm you establish at the table for yourself, and the timing of your opponents' moves.

However, when every player is lagging, there is no rhythm. Everybody takes several seconds to act, often longer. There are no timing tells. Your own subconscious sense of the game is thrown off. I was feeling that as I was chunking off that 7k. I quit and restarted a few times over that day, but it didn't get better. I kept dwindling down. I finally quit and declared I was done for the day.

After everyone in the house besides me was asleep, I succumbed to the degenerate temptation to open the software and play again. This was about 27 hours ago. To my pleasant surprise, the game was still going strong, AND the lag had stopped. It was operating at normal speed. And I started running better. I put a complete smackdown on the table and busted everyone there. By the time the smoke cleared a few hours later, I was sitting by myself and had turned the 7k loss to a much more palatable 600 loss. Then I came back today, with everything still running at regular speed, and won another 3k in limited play.

Obviously luck played the biggest part in this. Rhythm can't explain all the coolers, bad beats, and A-high flops when I held QQ/KK. But I'm convinced there's something to it, and I won't be playing anymore if the site is lagging badly.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Sick brag. jk. You're probably onto something.

Load Metric
    Am I doing the ignition rakeback math right. Less than 1%? WTF.

It says "7% back on losses". No idea what that means. Assumed it meant 7% rakeback. played $15 + 1.50 tourney. That gave me 22.5 miles. 2,250 miles = $1. So $1.50 rake gives me 1 penny. Even if I move up a few levels, I'll only reach 1%. Is there any way to get more, or is it basically a no rakeback site?

Load Metric
    GGPoker is booming. 50k people online right now.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    FKN ACR GOD DAMN THEY HATE ME. where is the tweet of the guy complaining about running way below expectation and the CEO responds "what is ur sn, contact us" or something. FLIP THE SWITCH MUCH??

conspiracy against me obv

Diamond
    Load Metric
    alright im checking out this guys twitter feed, i'd put him having integrity at a minimum +1200 probably

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    FKN ACR GOD DAMN THEY HATE ME. where is the tweet of the guy complaining about running way below expectation and the CEO responds "what is ur sn, contact us" or something. FLIP THE SWITCH MUCH??

conspiracy against me obv

Nagy is Ray Bitar volume 2 ...

Comments

4BET: You pig

Diamond
    Load Metric
    big 109 on ACR just got it in on the turn with 333 v QQ river Q, I have to self ban

Load Metric
    big 109 on ACR just got it in on the turn with 333 v QQ river Q, I have to self ban

Diamond
    Load Metric
    fkn acr this is not real: get f'd all day, spend last $55 in account, first hand call it off JJ v 77 riv 7

GLOBAL "HOME SERIES" STARTING TMRW

https://globalpoker.com/docs/home-se...n-schedule.pdf

Diamond
    Load Metric
    wow acr with a 20k gtd $22 tourney starting at 2:15 AM ET, the Degen curve does not appear to be flattening

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    why are you able to make threads
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Please attend school

Then and than are two different words. One cannot be used in place of the
    other. No spell check will help you out. Are you drunk?

post # 4 or 5

What time is the 3pm grammar class?

Load Metric
    Ignition, jj vs villan kept min betting then finally got me all in pre flop brick brick then j on the river

Platinum
    Load Metric
    wow acr with a 20k gtd $22 tourney starting at 2:15 AM ET, the Degen curve does not appear to be flattening
    they got 6000 for their $109 XL series event yesterday...was a $300K guarantee….

theyre trying to fuck it up cause their servers cant handle all the traffic...

Load Metric
    Ignition, jj vs villan kept min betting then finally got me all in pre flop with aa off course, brick brick then j on the river, few hands later for me so I donk shove aa vs qj suited he gets the draw brick turn and flop then later got 3d in pf freeroll had same stack as other 2 didn't play my best tired out by then just shoved. bad guy and someone left I hadn't played freeroll in a while, druff notified me with enough time so got in with late reg would have closed in 5 minutess .
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 03-30-2020 at 05:53 AM.

Diamond
    Load Metric

they only got 2/3 of the way there btw

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

they only got 2/3 of the way there btw
    Thats still pretty damn good for that time lol

Comments

4BET: Log off take nap

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bad day on Bovada yesterday. Win 2700 in the first 45 minutes or so, then I start losing every hand and drop 6k straight.

Then I quit awhile, return late at night, and I'm in a game full of fish but still running awful. Lose another 2500. It breaks down to heads up between me and some guy who isn't terrible but had two big holes in his game First, the guy has an obsession with firing on all 3 streets with draws, even if he misses and even if a drunk monkey can see that I have ace high and will call him anyway. This guy did miss a lot of draws and I can't tell you how many extra bets he gave me trying over and over to bluff the river anyway. Second, occaisonally he'd just spaz out and 4-bet bluff the river with air. Both of these are big time mistakes in limit holdem. Should have been a piece of cake to bust him, but he kept getting dealt big hands and winning the other ones, so I couldn't put him away. At one point, he had me down like another 1500.

Fortunately he stayed a loooooooooong time (probably because he thought he was good, and also because I accidentally misclick-folded to one of his dumb air river bluffs, which may have helped me long term against him), so variance became less of a factor, and he left with zero point zero.

Overall I lost like 3400 on the day which still blows because the games were good, I started off 2700 ahead, and I played for many hours.

Can't blame lag because that wasn't happening.

Thread Information