Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Global Coronavirus Data - Updated Frequently

  1. #1

    Global Coronavirus Data - Updated Frequently

    https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

    This is the best source of data I've come across, figured it deserved it's own thread so it doesn't get lost in the mega one

    Lots of stats compiled on the website, was just updated a few hours ago. Before that was updated on the 17th so looks like it will be a good way to keep track of things going forward.

    I think the most interesting data is the map showing of deaths per million people

    https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/t...hs-per-million

    Tests per million people by country

    https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/c...million-people

    Graph of confirmed cases / time

    https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/c...nce-100th-case

    Fatality rates of confirmed cases by age group


     
    Comments
      
      SPIT this: thanks, I like data
      
      big dick: tks jd
      
      Daly: Good stuff
      
      GambleBotsChafedPenis: Good Shit Rep
      
      BCR: Good site
      
      Gordman:
      
      FRANKRIZZO: .
      
      Rayo88: Great job! Thanks
      
      Shizzmoney:

  2. #2
    It's very noticeable that Italy has 50 deaths per million, up from 40 just 2 days ago compared to China only 2 deaths per million.

    Possible this is due to under reporting in China although Italy 45.5 has one of the oldest populations in the world compared to China 37.4

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_median_age

  3. #3
    Todays data is updated on the site.

    I have been focusing on deaths per million and in Italy are now up to 57.62 and things are looking very bad for them.

    Some more bad news for Europe as Spain goes from 12.87 to 16.5 which makes them now second worst hit globally as they overtake Iran who increased from 13.58 to 15.36

    Comparatively France is up from 3.71 to 5.66 and the UK 1.53 to 2.14 so it's interesting if they will hit the same levels as Spain and Italy or if they can contain things as Asian countries appear to be doing.

    For example thing are growing much slower in Japan 0.23 to 0.26 and South Korea 1.77 to 1.94 and they were some of the earliest hit but also had previous experience due to SARS.

    Germany, known for being very efficient, is also doing comparatively well increasing from 0.16 to 0.52 so looks like good preventative measures can make a big difference.

    Similarly Scandinavian countries known for very good state medical care are keeping on top of things so far, Norway increases from 0.55 to 1.1 Sweden remains on 0.99

    Still early days in North America, the USA stays on 0.45 and Canada a slight increase 0.24 to 0.27 but being such large counties will make it easier to avoid contact with others outside of the major cities so can't see them hitting Italy or Spain levels.

    Likewise Australia remains relatively unaffected and stays on 0.24

  4. #4
    Gold
    Reputation
    -138
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    FU
    Posts
    1,081
    Very tight thread. You do realize this is a poker forum, correct? Have a nice day.

     
    Comments
      
      Gordman: Disappear please
      
      JACKDANIELS: thanks
      
      Muck Ficon: You do realize you are horrible, correct?

  5. #5
    Can't Post
    Reputation
    1208
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bubbles & The Baron
    Posts
    12,065
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Very tight thread. You do realize this is a poker forum, correct? Have a nice day.
    Even though I agree 190%, how is this not trolling?

    Jesus H, this is an important thread

    great to be alive



    Post # 3 or 4

  6. #6
    Gold
    Reputation
    -138
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    FU
    Posts
    1,081
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Very tight thread. You do realize this is a poker forum, correct? Have a nice day.
    Even though I agree 190%, how is this not trolling?

    Jesus H, this is an important thread

    great to be alive



    Post # 3 or 4
    Who in their right fucking mind is coming here for any information on Corona? If the answer is above 2 that is plain sad.

  7. #7
    Thanks for posting this. I was going to after I posted that video a few pages back when I noticed they mentioned the site, but completely forgot.

  8. #8
    Diamond Hockey Guy's Avatar
    Reputation
    1145
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,453
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

    Even though I agree 190%, how is this not trolling?

    Jesus H, this is an important thread

    great to be alive



    Post # 3 or 4
    Who in their right fucking mind is coming here for any information on Corona? If the answer is above 2 that is plain sad.
    Yeah, we only come here for poker news & hurricane updates.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

  9. #9
    Can't Post
    Reputation
    1208
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bubbles & The Baron
    Posts
    12,065
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

    Even though I agree 190%, how is this not trolling?

    Jesus H, this is an important thread

    great to be alive



    Post # 3 or 4
    Who in their right fucking mind is coming here for any information on Corona? If the answer is above 2 that is plain sad.
    Im giving you a green rep by outing this thread as ludicrous
    but also pointing out to those who run this shit show
    that you are still trolling. I get, I get it. You are funny. I have no problem with it.
    Just trying to make a point that this is still a troll so dont single out me
    for any negativity

  10. #10

    Exclamation

    Fantastic and accurate, Refreshed every few seconds...

    https://ncov2019.live/

     
    Comments
      
      JACKDANIELS: nice

  11. #11
    Can't Post
    Reputation
    1208
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bubbles & The Baron
    Posts
    12,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

    Who in their right fucking mind is coming here for any information on Corona? If the answer is above 2 that is plain sad.
    Yeah, we only come here for poker news & hurricane updates.
    This is how bad this site has become....People like this stuck up white shirt HockeyGuy doesn't even
    get tgulls act.
    You are fucking moron.
    Loser
    Fuck you idiot
    OMG are you stupid or what?

     
    Comments
      
      Hockey Guy: hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

  12. #12
    Gold Salty_Aus's Avatar
    Reputation
    204
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,280
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    It's very noticeable that Italy has 50 deaths per million, up from 40 just 2 days ago compared to China only 2 deaths per million.

    Possible this is due to under reporting in China although Italy 45.5 has one of the oldest populations in the world compared to China 37.4

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_median_age
    Hubei has a population of 20 million and they had 3,000 deaths.
    You almost need to do figures for Hubei and figures for the rest of China.

    Deaths in Italy are spiking due to their limited supply of ventilators and triage of available services. People over a certain age or with low chances of recovery are not being intubated.
    Sure their older population is a consideration.

     
    Comments
      
      JACKDANIELS: Italy = Fucked

  13. #13
    Can't Post
    Reputation
    1208
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bubbles & The Baron
    Posts
    12,065
    Distributed denial of service
    is going to happen
    get ready

    you faggot cunt

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    It's very noticeable that Italy has 50 deaths per million, up from 40 just 2 days ago compared to China only 2 deaths per million.

    Possible this is due to under reporting in China although Italy 45.5 has one of the oldest populations in the world compared to China 37.4

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_median_age
    Hubei has a population of 20 million and they had 3,000 deaths.
    You almost need to do figures for Hubei and figures for the rest of China.

    Deaths in Italy are spiking due to their limited supply of ventilators and triage of available services. People over a certain age or with low chances of recovery are not being intubated.
    Sure their older population is a consideration.
    Yes this is true, it's even possible that more people left Hubei for other countries than other parts of China.

    Coincidentally Hubei Province has almost the same population as Italy (~60m). With most of the deaths in China occurring there it's deaths per million is likely similar to Italy.

     
    Comments
      
      Salty_Aus: Spot on 60 million. I thought it was 20 for some bizarre reason.

  15. #15

  16. #16
    NY has half the cases in the US, which makes perfect sense.

  17. #17
    Some updated numbers from earlier on today

    Italy has just hit 100 deaths per million

    Spain 46.67

    France 13.18

    Uk 4.93

    South Korea 2.34

    USA 1.78

    Germany 1.5

    Canada 0.64

    Australia 0.27

  18. #18
    Jack it’s all good Trump has it cured.

    He should really be the President of the entire world so he can help them too

  19. #19
    Gold Salty_Aus's Avatar
    Reputation
    204
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,280
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    Some updated numbers from earlier on today

    Italy has just hit 100 deaths per million

    Spain 46.67

    France 13.18

    Uk 4.93

    South Korea 2.34

    USA 1.78

    Germany 1.5

    Canada 0.64

    Australia 0.27
    10% death rate in Italy.
    Of the 69k confirmed cases there is still 54k active cases so this percentage will only increase.
    300k tests done in the whole country and 23% are positive... 40% positive in Lombardy.
    Of course this is not an accurate figure as we still don't know the true infection rate.

  20. #20
    Louisiana outpacing ny in number of cases.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.
    By sonatine in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 4384
    Last Post: Today, 07:52 AM
  2. Updated PFA Presidential Poll
    By Lord of the Fraud in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-30-2016, 07:42 PM
  3. 2015 WSOP forum updated
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2015, 10:21 AM
  4. Forum Rules - Please Read (Updated 1/23/2016)
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 12:29 PM
  5. I have fixed the twitter feed updating so it happens more frequently
    By Dan Druff in forum 2012 World Series of Poker
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 07:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •