Page 91 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2831

Thread: ELON TUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Looked good at first.... didn’t age well. Two biggest individual holdings were MGM and TSLA.

Just shoot me.

This is what happens when you listen to Tine where the fall of American civilization is ALWAYS juuuuusstt around the corner.

Stonks always go up.

Except SWBI that is. No debt, insane year over year earnings, 8 million new gun owners, avg gun owner has 8 guns( that seems a bit high, but I have 0 so who am I to judge), hires 300 new employees and increases production to ensure streamline, and it was at its 6 month low yesterday.

But every tech company comes out and shoots up faster than my dick at a high school wrestling meet with no sales or previous earnings.

MGM -- having spent a week at the Bellagio recently i can say you should run, not walk, away from the stock.

Fall of American Civilization -- it is coming, just a slow-roll to get there.

SWBI -- one of the greatest and enduring lessons I have learned the hard way about stocks and investing is that you can be right, and still be wrong. I've been there too many times, so now i just accept it is all a game run by the Jews in tall buildings who belong to a club i will never have access to. Thus, it is all a crap shoot in the near term and that Buffet is right, buy stocks in companies you understand and it will give you the best chance at some meaningful appreciation over the long [long] term and also allow you some means to get out when things don't look right.

Just my .02 cents.

Load Metric

im sure they will just clone enough dollars to cover these bets and that its actually good for the economy.

Comments

Tellafriend: scary

Sanlmar: Commence MAX PAIN
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

totally sustainable imo

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

totally sustainable imo
    This speaks to wealth distribution. From that point of view it can run forever or until the 1% and boomers are murdered in their sleep. You ain’t ever stopping QE

Load Metric

Comments

sonatine: so good

BCR:

Daly: Truth

Drawingdead: Coffee at home definitely made the million

Load Metric
    can anyone explain to me who is on the other end of my options spreads?

does my broker package it as a single logical entity for assignment or does it split the buy/write legs and somehow only consider it assigned once both are purchased?

or what?

Load Metric

Comments

OSA: printers go brrrrrr

Platinum
    Load Metric

does my broker package it as a single logical entity for assignment or does it split the buy/write legs and somehow only consider it assigned once both are purchased?

or what?
    maybe monsterj will come back in here and enlighten us on that...

my guess...brokers are selling you premium and then immediately delta hedging their exposure with the underlying...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

or what?

my guess...brokers are selling you premium and then immediately delta hedging their exposure with the underlying...

someone on reddit basically said the broker waits for both legs to be purchased and then presents the sale as something of a synthetic single item to me but id love to get a more informed opinion.

clearly there is more to it than that because the exchange will cancel attempts to close at a price that violates the maximum potential profit as defined by the distance between the strikes minus the up front cost to me.

but yeah id love for a real granular informed explanation. there are 4 parties involved at least; me, broker, exchange, whoever is closing my contracts on each legs and there is a ton of mystery around what role exactly we all play here.

Platinum
    Load Metric

someone on reddit basically said the broker waits for both legs to be purchased and then presents the sale as something of a synthetic single item to me but id love to get a more informed opinion.

clearly there is more to it than that because the exchange will cancel attempts to close at a price that violates the maximum potential profit as defined by the distance between the strikes minus the up front cost to me.

but yeah id love for a real granular informed explanation. there are 4 parties involved at least; me, broker, exchange, whoever is closing my contracts on each legs and there is a ton of mystery around what role exactly we all play here.
    yeah wish i had a better knowledge of the mechanics...but ill guarantee you this...whoever is selling is taking zero risk to do so, unless you get matched with one of the handful of retail traders that sell options...

Load Metric

yeah wish i had a better knowledge of the mechanics...but ill guarantee you this...whoever is selling is taking zero risk to do so, unless you get matched with one of the handful of retail traders that sell options...

doubtless. but yeah id love to know what exactly the spread looks like to the person selling and who coordinates the choice of legs to create it etc etc.

Load Metric

Name:  photo_2020-12-09_10-58-39.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  59.8 KB

Load Metric
    It’s been a while

I’m thinking there is no possible way you didn’t partake of some TSLA since the listing Sonatine given those that you follow and admire

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    It’s been a while

I’m thinking there is no possible way you didn’t partake of some TSLA since the listing Sonatine given those that you follow and admire

at best i swing and im pretty agnostic about what positions i take. i tried to long tsla weekly today at like 620 and then the bottom dropped out again. and again.

but yeah i think weve all learned by now not to count out the reversion to mean factor once /wsb goes after the dip.

Load Metric
    Robin Hood engaged with Goldman to bring forward a IPO.

It’s like the Devil and Hitler going to hit the pits in Vegas.

Load Metric

speaking of GS i hear they are moving to florida.

seems like an odd choice from a culture perspective. like how do you sell living in florida to a fingoon on a 10 acre estate in long island or whatever.

Load Metric

seems like an odd choice from a culture perspective. like how do you sell living in florida to a fingoon on a 10 acre estate in long island or whatever.

Uh, Florida is littered with old, rich Jews.

Load Metric
    Who needs culture when there are no state taxes, Sonatine?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Uh, Florida is littered with old, rich Jews.

yeah i suppose the missing key here would be they could snag some real swagged out condos. i went house hunting on zillow as one does and if you want privacy, florida is not the jam, so you know..

Platinum
    Load Metric
    know a guy who works for goldman...they moved his division to texas...

san's right, theyre getting the fuck outta NYC while the getting is good to get that sweet, sweet no tax life...

Thread Information