Name:  E1277F06-13A6-4AA6-BC58-58973AB12AE6.jpeg
Views: 1408
Size:  183.0 KB

Comments

Daly: Lolz

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    I like open forums but honestly we may need to ask Druff to move this to the VIP forum or make it private.

ive got a solution going live in about 7 days.
    I shall reward you with a tasty morsel.

Spend a few minutes with this.

Light blue line is Google Bankruptcy Searches (like the sign says).

The present divergence is .gov PPP business zombie ventilators. That is an incredible picture. Fucked up is an apt characterization.

Name:  C9DC084B-00D2-46D6-96A0-C83C843BF59F.jpeg
Views: 1359
Size:  201.3 KB

Load Metric
    MGM Springfield told state labor officials this month that it will lay off as many as 1,887 employees at the end of August after their temporary furloughs necessitated by the coronavirus emergency come to an end.

MGM Springfield filed a notice May 5 with the state under the federal Worker Adjustment and Retraining Act. The state made the notice public Monday.

The two-year-old resort had just more than 2,000 employees this winter, short of the 3,000 employees MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) promised state regulators it would hire when campaigning for the license.

Name:  5A0ADBB8-A123-42AC-9067-681EE7CC2551.jpeg
Views: 1310
Size:  48.0 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Interesting.

NCL, RCL, and CCL have all raised enough cash for the remainder of 2020.

However, I think it's just a matter of time before all of these go bust. Old people are still the main demographic on cruise lines, and they're also the ones spending the big money. Sure, CCL can skate by a little bit on their Carnival brand, which is more aimed at the younger set, but even there will be diminished interest.

I really believe it's going to get worse before it gets better for cruise ilnes. I think there's going to have to be a whole industry remake, and I don't believe any are really ready for that.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...d-carniva.aspx

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    I like open forums but honestly we may need to ask Druff to move this to the VIP forum or make it private.
    I don't know if you're serious, but this is actually possible if there's interest.

About 5 years ago, cmoney (RIP) had the idea to create a private sportsbetting subforum here which would be invite only. It ran for a little bit and people eventually lost interest. I think the last post was in early 2016, and the carcass still remains.

However, if some people here would like a private subforum here (invite only) to discuss investing, I would be willing to create that. Someone active in this thread could be nominated to control who gets invited. I'm not a big fan of private subforums, but since this is kind of a niche topic where there could be some interest in keeping it from being disrupted or distracted, I'd be willing to create one.

Let me know.

Comments

Tellafriend:

Load Metric
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 9.47.04 AM.png
Views: 1297
Size:  52.6 KB

brrrrrrrrrrr
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Always guessed the number would be in this area. Not bad for a 23 year investment.

@BrianRoemmele

On this day May 15, 1997 Amazon Inc. held its IPO on the Nasdaq at a price of $18 per share. $10,000 invested on that day and price would be worth more than $12 million as of May, 2020. That's more than 120,000% growth.

Load Metric
    here's a totally coincidental tweet that happened to go live seconds before that 281.34 low:

Comments

ErickAA: Good catch.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Did a 5/15 SPY 284 put 5 minutes before close. If I had waited 1 minute longer could have gotten 285 for same price.
    Almost pulled the trigger and hedged a call at 282, but I didn't. And now market is 285 and it is too late. I guess stonks only go up, and it really is that simple.

We move on.

Load Metric
    “honestly how real this feels is a whole ass mood and a half“

Comments

sonatine: good old fintwit

Load Metric
    trump is going after chinese companies on NYSE that dont follow our accounting rules.

sounds great on paper but hows his base going to react when they start seeing those 'made in america' prices at the hardware store?

Diamond
    Load Metric

Comments

sonatine: iron in this niggas words

Silver
    Load Metric
    PTON is God.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    San I know you know the exercise industry but I disagree on PTON. Care to make a friendly wager on if stock is higher or lower 6 months or a year from now?
    I’m interested in hearing your take.

Is this a premium brand with prestige? Will the Peloton name impress your girlfriend

Are they that well made?

There are going to be a lot of subscription classes out there that can be had for less than Peloton. I could put one of Cmoney’s cam girls on a bike at 6:00am and make a killing.

Get a gym grade bike for a few hundred and find your iPad and you’re good.

Talk to me
    Realized I never replied to you here San and obviously optics are bad of me replying now after recent run-up but I really do believe PTON still has a lot of upside even from here.

I do think it’s a premium brand with prestige that people are willing to pay more for than their competition. People are shallow and dumb and that stuff matters. We got a Peleton Xmas before last and my wife loves it. 3 of her friends have since gotten one in large part due to her raving about it. They schedule classes together on the weekends at the same time.

I was hesitant to get one in part because I didn’t want our friends to judge us like someone that has the $90,000 car but at the end of the day we have young kids at home and it’s the best way for us to workout and also screw what others think. When I was looking to buy I first looked for a used one but no one was selling, or at least not for any real discount.

But more to the point of why I’m bullish, I think that they have a loyal fanbase, and there is a lot of potential yet to be unlocked value if you look at it as a potentially disruptive tech company and not an exercise equipment company.

Anecdotally I know a lot of people that have them and only one who has sold theirs. And I think because they are expensive people are more likely to keep paying the monthly subscription fee even if they are not using/rarely using them to justify buying the bike with the hope they’ll get back engaged.

I also think ultimately the price of the bikes will come way down and will be subsidized to get the reoccurring revenue, similarly to what Apple has down where more revenue comes from fees than sales now.

Covid has obviously been a huge tailwind for PTON but I think the more people that experience them the more advocates for the brand it creates. It really is a great product and user experience.

I also think first-mover advantage is huge, and I think they could become a good acquisition candidate.

Finally; it may sound ridiculous but my wife has a pretty good track record of identifying brands that people are willing to pay a premium for in the past. I bought LULU stock way back in Jan 2011 because of it and it has worked out very well.

Anyways probably more than you wanted to know but I think there are a lot of positives. That said obviously I very likely could be way off base on this and will admit from what I’ve gleaned from your posts you are assuredly more knowledgeable about the fitness industry than I am.

Comments

peter mcneil: Agree

Sanlmar: Premium post.
    Last edited by Sheesfaced; 05-15-2020 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Proofreading

Load Metric
    even without covid, pton would have been a coge long.

Comments

Sheesfaced: I’m obv biased but agree

Load Metric
    also pending a major reversal on spy, amd looks fit to blow up like 1-2% in the 30 minutes before close.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    also pending a major reversal on spy, amd looks fit to blow up like 1-2% in the 30 minutes before close.
    40 shares booked. Took 20 of PTON too. Better late than never

Load Metric
    we keep bouncing off vwap and there is absolutely no volume but i somehow have faith.

Load Metric
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 3.35.56 PM.png
Views: 1245
Size:  21.3 KB

Name:  1589444275056.gif
Views: 1267
Size:  3.34 MB

Load Metric
    Somehow my dick got blown clean off and it managed to grow back.

Seems to me we need to test to the high side - guess we shall see next week

Thread Information