Page 40 of 142 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Thread: ELON TUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Lets go back to the well

SPY 294 put 5/13
    Wow, 15 min and already have a profit. If I was smart I would get out now. But we all know this isn't the case and we all know how this story is going to end...

im not trying to be unkind but are you doing any technical analysis behind these plays? have you studied indicators? entry points? or are you just looking to yolo 35% dog coinflips?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Wow, 15 min and already have a profit. If I was smart I would get out now. But we all know this isn't the case and we all know how this story is going to end...

im not trying to be unkind but are you doing any technical analysis behind these plays? have you studied indicators? entry points? or are you just looking to yolo 35% dog coinflips?
    Mostly the highlighted. Although the fact that I am only a 65% dog in your estimation give me some hope that my W/L record will start improving.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    To be less glib, this isn't technical analysis, but with these short term puts I have been working under a theory that at some point there will be some negative short term news that the market will react strongly negatively too, and I can capitalize on with a big win that will erase a lot of small losses. But I admit so far it hasn't happened yet, which means I should maybe re-examing my theory.

FWIW I recently cashed out at 291 to capture a decent 100%+ return. But I have no idea whether this was the right play or not. Only time and hindsight will elucidate this.

Load Metric
    the continuous put thing has equity imo.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    the continuous put thing has equity imo.
    Well, as you said with no technical analysis at all I am just guessing when to get in or out, which is probably mitigating most of this theoretical equity. Last week I had a nice score turn to nothing by staying in too long. Today I got out early and who knows if it was the right play or not. The market is down since I got out, so so far not looking like good timing.

Load Metric
    if you hit youre looking at 50x returns but if we dont get there in 6 weeks you pretty much lose money.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Damn. 289 now. Even when I win I lose.

Last edited by ErickAA; 05-12-2020 at 11:46 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    5/13 287 CALL

-time to play the game. (Very poorly apparently)

Down to 285 already. Amazing. So bad at this.
    Last edited by ErickAA; 05-12-2020 at 12:05 PM.

Load Metric
    Big AAPL seller was offering 10k repeatedly last hour and then just threw the rest at the bid when he saw market was busted at end of day

AAPL was a safe haven to this point.

That’s how I will remember today

Verm needs to watch a YouTube video about trailing stops or similar. I feel bad but valuable schoolin. Any profit is good profit

Load Metric
    AAPL was going into today like >1% gain for 7 straight days which is a Michael Jordan kinda streak so I was looking for a trip wire all day

AAPL ain’t MJ

The physical wars I just saw in that MJ documentary. Let’s body this market like old school NBA

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Big AAPL seller was offering 10k repeatedly last hour and then just threw the rest at the bid when he saw market was busted at end of day

Verm needs to watch a YouTube video about trailing stops or similar. I feel bad but valuable schoolin. Any profit is good profit
    I am guessing this is analogous to rabbit hunting the river card after you folded.

Load Metric

I am guessing this is analogous to rabbit hunting the river card after you folded.
    No, it’s letting your winners run. But only giving back a small percentage of it reverses trend

I’m not trolling. You’re in the Elon crew

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Yeah. Cost myself $1200 not just letting it run. The funny thing is it went straight downhill about 15 minutes after I sold. And I am not gonna sell when it is just straight dropping, so I wait 15 more minutes I make an extra $1200. Brutal.

Load Metric
    pretty good day. scalped AMD for +12.5% then snuck in a strangle on spy thats already up +29% and a put on GRUB that should mature nicely, considering uber rejected their valuation at 4:10pm.

almost got out on some swings in a great place and then vix went tardshit and suddenly 233% profit was 89% profit and suddenly im feeling patient again.

Load Metric
    ....aaaaamd I think I found my AAPL seller.

Norway Shatters Wealth Fund Spending Cap Amid Pandemic

Norwegian sovereign wealth fund. That’s how you run a society btw. This is gonna be a huge fucking story. They hold all the sweet rebounders.

I missed this news Didn’t matter. Nice day

Load Metric
    Here’s something fun

Imagine the crack epidemic in Florida when those $6000 retroactive checks land in the service workers hands. This is the result of Florida dicking around with processing.

I mean the whole Florida economy is service so your brain can’t even comprehend the windfall.

Gonna be low flying planes dropping cargo over the ‘glades that hasn’t been seen since the Marshall plan post WWII into West Germany.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    284 now and still heading down down down. I am starting to get physically sick thinking of all the $$ I threw away, including the 287 call, which is already drawing dead.

Reminds me of the feeling I had in a 30/60 LHE hand from a few years ago. Long story short ton of action multiway the whole way and a guy who had been showing extreme strength the whole way bets the river, another guys calls and I throw away AQ on a Q high board, thinking no way I can overcall after all the action. Dude who had been betting/raising the whole way shows QJ and the guy CC'ing shows TT, and I actually physically felt like throwing up. Over $2000 pot, easy.

Load Metric
    Here’s something fun

Imagine the crack epidemic in Florida when those $6000 retroactive checks land in the service workers hands. This is the result of Florida dicking around with processing.

I mean the whole Florida economy is service so your brain can’t even comprehend the windfall.

Gonna be low flying planes dropping cargo over the ‘glades that hasn’t been seen since the Marshall plan post WWII into West Germany.

Jealousy will get you nowhere San.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Here’s something fun

It’s a perverted way of delivering social welfare. I was just imagining how it will go wrong.

Everyone keeps talking about how people on unemployment are doing better than actually working. I mean EVERYONE. What nobody mentions is these people don’t have health insurance in the midst of a pandemic.

If they are paying for insurance isn’t that a thousand or two a month?

How are they better off? This is just lazy analysis. Druff would post something like this, for instance. Maybe those collecting do mistakenly feel Unemployment is a better deal but they are foolishly discounting the value of health insurance.

I remember providing a statement on my income tax a proving the number of months I had health insurance. Is there a fine for having less than 12 months? Again, who is making out?
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 05-12-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

It’s a perverted way of delivering social welfare. I was just imagining how it will go wrong.

Everyone keeps talking about how people on unemployment are doing better than actually working. I mean EVERYONE. What nobody mentions is these people don’t have health insurance in the midst of a pandemic.

If they are paying for insurance isn’t that a thousand or two a month?

How are they better off? This is just lazy analysis.
    People on welfare do lol. This is like hitting the lottery for most.

Once the smoke clears the feds will be getting there money back. For now people can be N_GG_R Rich.

I like to buy a vowel Pat.

Thread Information