Page 12 of 142 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: ELON TUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

This is a level else I’m playing chess with you.

https://www.axios.com/rand-paul-coro...d16f3ee3f.html
    Oh yes. I meant the 1st level reaction. Chrissakes we already modeled Trump’s passing. Its all baked in

Load Metric
    Oh yes. I meant the 1st level reaction. Chrissakes we already modeled Trump’s passing. Its all baked in

lol youre absolutely bonkers if you think big swinging senate dicks dropping dead is priced into the market.

spy 180 is a bottom point WITHOUT the economy disintegrating and government continuity being threatened by a plague.

spy 180 is the bottom just for losing our baby fat. everything else = muscles getting cannibalized until people can leave their house and go shopping for toilet paper again.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 2.23.04 PM.png
Views: 346
Size:  120.7 KB

behold, the miracle of a 4tn fed debt purchase.

we went from down 650 to down 350. and rand paul's status hasnt hit drudge yet.

speaking of which submitting that article to him now.

KANPAI.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

lol youre absolutely bonkers if you think big swinging senate dicks dropping dead is priced into the market.

spy 180 is a bottom point WITHOUT the economy disintegrating and government continuity being threatened by a plague.

spy 180 is the bottom just for losing our baby fat. everything else = muscles getting cannibalized until people can leave their house and go shopping for toilet paper again.
    Senators dying .... I’ll call you.

I know precisely your “baby fat” reference and I am a believer. Encyclopedic recall of all your work.

I’m talking Monday. I think we are singing in perfect harmony big picture. You gotta understand Weds is a long term capital gain in my world.

Load Metric

Senators dying .... I’ll call you.

I know precisely your “baby fat” reference and I am a believer. Encyclopedic recall of all your work.

I’m talking Monday. I think we are singing in perfect harmony big picture. You gotta understand Weds is a long term capital gain in my world.

yeah apologies if im talking past your points. if trump shuts the fuck up all day, monday green might happen. id absolutely love to see it happen because i left a amzn call cooking and id love to cash it out +. and the fed movement gives me hope.

but everything is so fucking fragile right now, short of an actual 'we have this shit licked' announcement, nothings going to 'fix' the market momentum, we are just going to have brief deviations from course.

Load Metric
    It’s the job loss data that I worry about.

Was it built in? I’m not surprised. We knew Friday. But it’s not me who sets prices.

Sunday is a new week for those that apply. This is all that matters. This is recession depression stuff.

I am not hanging on corona at all. You win by moving past the present.

It’s time to call in an appraiser and get a quote on the damage. That’s me.

Privately, I worry about the private equity world. My kid and the tech kids I like are gonna get wrecked. It’s a lock. Sad

Comments

sonatine: your event horizon is exponentially further out than mine as well
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-22-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Load Metric
    that fed announcement bump in futures is already deflating.

Comments

Sanlmar: Bad sign. But was that really news?

Load Metric
    im not sure id worry about private equity, a lot of cash was accrued by VC firms in 2019. biotech markets are going to be intensely fertile.

Load Metric
    im not sure id worry about private equity, a lot of cash was accrued by VC firms in 2019. biotech markets are going to be intensely fertile.
    We will bookmark this for later. Be at least a little worried in the meantime.

This has excellent riff all over it but you can’t rush the yeast.

Load Metric
    but honestly the more i think about your vc concerns, the more i wonder if we will see a tech market contraction further pressure the market towards lows.

the amazon rainforest = the planets lungs, and silicon valley = the american economy's lungs to an extent..

keeping an eye on bay area real estate price trends would be prudent.

Load Metric
    but honestly the more i think about your vc concerns, the more i wonder if we will see a tech market contraction further pressure the market towards lows.

the amazon rainforest = the planets lungs, and silicon valley = the american economy's lungs to an extent..

Private equity isn’t just rich billionaires funding - its pension funds and all manner of investment too.

Little venture puppy needs more food now. Not going as planned. Puppy was supposed to be self sufficient but obv ain’t gonna be.

Lotta layers. More fun to handicap than the Dodgers. You always know the Dodger outcome ahead of time.

I know Dodgers better than this but I’m allowed to bet

Comments

sonatine: shit touche

Load Metric
    I want to share a thought about tomorrow and the poker game generally - my posts seem disjointed. I’m long Monday but see depression.

Grand unifying theory

When the last fool buys the asset (thinks he/she is getting a great deal on CCL at a discount) liquidity dries up completely and the no bid scenario develops.

You need a retracement to fall. It gives you liquidity. This idea is like a 3 wood or 7 iron in my bag. I could almost live without all the rest

It provides the requisite pain that is core to proper market function.

Mostly I’m bonkers
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-22-2020 at 12:21 PM.

Diamond
    Load Metric

Private equity isn’t just rich billionaires funding - its pension funds and all manner of investment too.

Little venture puppy needs more food now. Not going as planned. Puppy was supposed to be self sufficient but obv ain’t gonna be.

Lotta layers. More fun to handicap than the Dodgers. You always know the Dodger outcome ahead of time.

My company was in the middle of trying to acquire Series B funding for a software platform and cut their ask in half from 20M to 10M. From the sounds of it, doesnt seem that they are too confident getting that 10M either.

Comments

Sanlmar: I love stories

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

My company was in the middle of trying to acquire Series B funding for a software platform and cut their ask in half from 20M to 10M. From the sounds of it, doesnt seem that they are too confident getting that 10M either.
    Tales from the hood. Thank you

My daughter kid is your neighbor. I used to refer to her as the Vegas Zappos daughter. Zappos was Amazon. She gets a good plug from the Amazon crew and she has bounced from one Amazon funded startup to another. This may save her.

Her bedroom is now a sewing room. Wife is making quilts. You can buy quilts cheaper than what it costs her to make them.

Load Metric
    I know a NYC Greek themed restaurant developer that prolly didn’t his next round of funding.

Sparten

Odds?

I have his number.

Load Metric
    I know a NYC Greek themed restaurant developer that prolly didn’t his next round of funding.

Sparten

Odds?
    A lot of people are saying cocaine kills this virus.

Load Metric

I feel like we are all posting in 4/5 different threads on the same subjects.

Truth of the matter is this bill they are working on in Congress is no closer to passing then I am playing QB for the patriots next season.

It’s unanimous 100-0 in the senate “something” is going to get passed. Same in the house. White House is on board too.

They have absolutely zero consensus on what’s going in it. This might take another whole week before whatever “it” is gets passed.

Comments

BCR: Still would go pats o/10 wins if you got the job. BB is the genius

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

How can you detangle them? It’s all the same thing.

ELON was never about cars. Sonatine is a poet and he was using imagery to tell a grander story.

Musk will always be remembered as the face of the speculative stock bubble that ended in 2020 like Pets.com was 2000.

The old Elon thread was raised organically and naturally until Druff meddled. It was rebranded and dumbed down for radio randoms. Nobody had any trouble navigating before.

If you want to post barbecue here I really wouldn’t mind.

Load Metric
    Merge the Elon Musk, Elon Tusk, Coronavirus, Bitcoins are DD, and Trump Train threads together and be done with it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

How can you detangle them? It’s all the same thing.

ELON was never about cars. Sonatine is a poet and he was using imagery to tell a grander story.

Musk will always be remembered as the face of the speculative stock bubble that ended in 2020 like Pets.com was 2000.

The old Elon thread was raised organically and naturally until Druff meddled. It was rebranded and dumbed down for radio randoms. Nobody had any trouble navigating before.

If you want to post barbecue here I really wouldn’t mind.
    Today was cup cakes. Trying to get my daughter in the kitchen during this break.

Thread Information