Page 16 of 142 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: ELON TUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Forecasts and buildout based on trends for video as a percentage of all IP traffic just gotta be knocked on their ass.

Must get help diving into the supply chain. I’ll take suggestions

Not directly related to communication.. Amphenol APH and Molex MOLX are two electrical connector companies on my list. I need to get a little bread and butter going for my self esteem.

Load Metric
    its not an easy market to exploit because we have kinda failed at prying control of copper from unions and from that, our wellspring of decaying internet infrastructure springs. so im not sure who the white knights would be here.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    its not an easy market to exploit because we have kinda failed at prying control of copper from unions and from that, our wellspring of decaying internet infrastructure springs. so im not sure who the white knights would be here.
    In the Northeast we have/had something called Fire Alarm Municipal Masterboxes.

This turn of the century technology existed as it was deadly reliable. It’s largely gone cellular but I had a gig pre cellular bidding this shit to cities and towns.

You pull the white handle on the front and it sent a coded number (see the tag 1361 below) using a unique gear inside to the fire department.

The FD would look up the number (it came in literally like Morse code) and send the trucks to your location.

It ran on cable pulled through municipal ductwork shared by telephone and your data carriers etc. There was a hierarchy of the telephone pole if you wanted to run up there.

The government permit process and the union protection was so frustrating and every job you bid went red. Once your cable was in however it was a license to print money servicing the system. We would have the proprietary (union almost) rights to maintain the system.

This is EXACTLY the same process as running coax and fiber for data.

You speak the truth Sonatine. It’s why we are a backwards data nation compared to France or whatever.

I had a fine nose for scams back in the day.

Name:  A940B0CC-28D6-4DE4-85E7-6CAF38196165.jpeg
Views: 407
Size:  1.60 MB
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-28-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Load Metric
    German state finance minister committed suicide.

But just to be clear we are out of the bear market.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    German state finance minister committed suicide.

But just to be clear we are out of the bear market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I can see a suicide in the bunker for Powell. He folded under pressure.
    The suicide is interesting. Germany is in far better shape than we are.

I’ve always been an admirer of Merkel for the most part. 89% approval rating during the crisis.. Being an actual educated person and scientist is a huge contrast with the Trump clown show.

Hope all is well. Hit me up on the other site - I’m back

Load Metric
    There's been a lot of focus on the lack of testing, but hospital labs should be able to test for the virus in house assuming the have an in house lab. Anyways we can assume that the numbers will be more accurate but will jump in the next few days. They are also going to be required to report the amount of available beds, people on vents, etc.

Academic, University and Hospital “in-house” labs are performing thousands of COVID-19 tests each day, but unlike private laboratories, the full results are not shared with government agencies working to track and analyze the virus. By sharing this critical data, hospitals can help Federal and state government mitigate the effects of COVID-19 and direct needed resources from Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the U.S. Government during this unprecedented crisis.
    Link to the letter from Pence to the hospitals.

https://www.cms.gov/files/document/32920-hospital-letter-vice-president-pence.pdf

Reporting requirements

https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/acute-care-...d19/index.html

How does this impact the market?

Load Metric
    according to mnuchin virtually nothing has any impact on the markets. and he might not be wrong at this point.

Load Metric
    Yeah I have no idea. I just thought it was interesting that the reporting we are currently getting is sans the actual hospital labs doing the tests. The good news might come faster too with more complete reporting.

The market seems to just pick and choose what it reacts to. It seems totally irrational to me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Yeah I have no idea. I just thought it was interesting that the reporting we are currently getting is sans the actual hospital labs doing the tests. The good news might come faster too with more complete reporting.

The market seems to just pick and choose what it reacts to. It seems totally irrational to me.

the way i see it, is the market responds organically to general investor confidence and then when general investor confidence goes to shit, the fed puts it on life support.

its very difficult to be sure what the fed can / cant accomplish at this point.

we saw this sort of disconnect before the housing crisis, so its not entirely unprecedented, but i feel like what we are seeing now is a much, much, much more severe example because in 2008, it was basically just a case of systemic fraud. and what we are seeing now is that the market is simply not being allowed to reflect the weakness of the dollar, quarterly earnings, GDP, pretty much everything the market was designed to track.

i dont really understand this statement but i see it enough to assume there's some truth to it; we are essentially destroying the dollar so the market stays buoyant. like this goes beyond just money machine goes brrrrr supposedly, where the dollar will take generations to recover. but its a bit over my head all said.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

the way i see it, is the market responds organically to general investor confidence and then when general investor confidence goes to shit, the fed puts it on life support.

its very difficult to be sure what the fed can / cant accomplish at this point.

we saw this sort of disconnect before the housing crisis, so its not entirely unprecedented, but i feel like what we are seeing now is a much, much, much more severe example because in 2008, it was basically just a case of systemic fraud. and what we are seeing now is that the market is simply not being allowed to reflect the weakness of the dollar, quarterly earnings, GDP, pretty much everything the market was designed to track.

i dont really understand this statement but i see it enough to assume there's some truth to it; we are essentially destroying the dollar so the market stays buoyant. like this goes beyond just money machine goes brrrrr supposedly, where the dollar will take generations to recover. but its a bit over my head all said.

There are 50T less dollars on paper today than a month ago when there was little inflation.

Going to be hard to “destroy” the dollar when that happens in fact the dollar got stronger vs every commodity there is except vs Gold which is a flawed market for many reasons.

Load Metric
    The market also responds to computers which take in historical charts/trends.

When a market crashes 30-40% with some stocks crashing 70-80% there tends to be a rebound, historically speaking. The computers were in control last week. You can’t teach a computer about a pandemic.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

When a market crashes 30-40% with some stocks crashing 70-80% there tends to be a rebound, historically speaking. The computers were in control last week. You can’t teach a computer about a pandemic.

god youre good. this has been swimming around my brain since i posted earlier, the alg factor.

Load Metric

god youre good. this has been swimming around my brain since i posted earlier, the alg factor.

I have my moments...

Credit to tellafreind

Name:  7BD0D9DB-F72D-4909-8E5F-8FA63D778111.png
Views: 373
Size:  128.2 KB

Load Metric

I have my moments...

Credit to tellafreind

Name:  7BD0D9DB-F72D-4909-8E5F-8FA63D778111.png
Views: 373
Size:  128.2 KB
    Name:  A6CFE84A-AF96-4086-A256-868748D7D1BF.jpeg
Views: 314
Size:  37.5 KB

Load Metric
    so much for a gap down on monday...

Load Metric
    Markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.
    I'm back to basically all cash. Will wait for the inevitable drop then will dip back in. Set it and forget it.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Amazon NYC workers going on strike due to conditions. Fucking scumbags.

Nurses, Doctors and EMS are working without proper equipment, but box folders are on strike because they are the ones that deserve it the most.

Amazon still up 3.5% today lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.
    I'm back to basically all cash. Will wait for the inevitable drop then will dip back in. Set it and forget it.

the thesis' that make the most sense to me right now are the ones predicting a meltup to spy ~280 by friday followed by an absolutely horrific correction through the floor.

i have a bunch of calls locked in that im going to execute around spy 280 and then go into the weekend with some dotm strangles.

Load Metric

The corona stocks were down at the Bell. I bought some mgm and CCL - so far so good but I can see gravity starting to set back in

Thread Information