Page 38 of 142 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Thread: ELON TUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    San I know you know the exercise industry but I disagree on PTON. Care to make a friendly wager on if stock is higher or lower 6 months or a year from now?
    I’m interested in hearing your take.

Is this a premium brand with prestige? Will the Peloton name impress your girlfriend

Are they that well made?

There are going to be a lot of subscription classes out there that can be had for less than Peloton. I could put one of Cmoney’s cam girls on a bike at 6:00am and make a killing.

Get a gym grade bike for a few hundred and find your iPad and you’re good.

Talk to me

Load Metric
    the richest people i know own pelatons.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    It took only one month to go from 24 trillion to 25. I knew we could do it.

Name:  AC55F189-1577-4B3F-B2D8-67983986E24C.jpeg
Views: 459
Size:  91.5 KB

Load Metric
    Markets are pricing in negative interest rates going forward . Bond prices are 100+

It’s happening. We never normalized after 2008. Even with a super heated market. Snooze ya lose.

Now we have no wiggle room

Game is getting incredibly hard to fathom. Something is going to break and I can’t imagine what or how. We all should be cash but we are sick.

Munger and Buffet know cause they’ve lived stuff we haven’t

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    the richest people i know own pelatons.
    Ya i hear you that's a wealthy young hipster decoration, most of the wealthy people i know with gyms have a elliptical trainers older crowd tho.

Name:  51lo2Eik8gL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  41.2 KB

I wouldn't be surprised if Peloton gets into the elliptical business some day, would probably get a huge market share.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    honestly thats a really good point.

the new bowflex or something.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Love how this thread shifted to overweight 40 and 50 yr olds, who probably haven't stepped foot in a gym since Clinton was getting head in the White House, capitulating about the new fate and trends of the fitness industry.

Brilliant. Just Brilliant.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Love how this thread shifted to overweight 40 and 50 yr olds, who probably haven't stepped foot in a gym since Clinton was getting head in the White House, capitulating about the new fate and trends of the fitness industry.

interesting... so the biggest trump supporter in this thread is trying to clown on 'overweight 40 and 50 yr olds' for making a lot of fucking money and using the word 'capitulating' at random in the process.

anyway yeah youve given me a lot to think about.

tell you what, ill give you a 50% discount on my miracle covid destroyer elixir that trump has personally blessed. btc only pls, no term papers.

Load Metric
    Unsure if this means anything but saw it this morning on yahoo finance. Cytodyn stock is tanking, I got out of it last week. I'm looking for something fun and risky to throw a small bit of money at. I did well with OVV (so far) and like the idea of some very depressed energy stocks. Open to suggestions and I won't be upset of I lose money.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...-Holzer-Holzer

Regarding home fitness equipment, wealthy people are always happy to pay a premium for home fitness equipment, even if the cheaper version of a treadmill and bike accomplish the exact same task. The Peloton app and subscription seems to be very popular and I think they put out good stuff. My wife has the app but I won't let her get the bike or treadmill (yet). Every evening the kids do a fun 10 minute workout from the Peloton App and parents spread that kind of information. No clue what the future of the business holds but high end fitness equipment will always have buyers.

Comments

sonatine: and PTON is best in slot

Diamond
    Load Metric

interesting... so the biggest trump supporter in this thread is trying to clown on 'overweight 40 and 50 yr olds' for making a lot of fucking money and using the word 'capitulating' at random in the process.

tell you what, ill give you a 50% discount on my miracle covid destroyer elixir that trump has personally blessed. btc only pls, no term papers.

LOL @ me being the biggest Trump supporter. I promote 1/2 online now, cmon get with the program, tine.

Load Metric

LOL @ me being the biggest Trump supporter. I promote 1/2 online now, cmon get with the program, tine.
    Do you get 50% of their rake then offer 25% back to the person?

Are you making more than $10/day on it?

Comments

OSA: Yes and yes

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So my 289 spy puts, which were looking good when the. market was 282 a couple days ago are dead now. I really appreciate how all the market moves up have taken place after hours so I couldn't react to them. I am guessing this isn't an accident (not against me personally, but against people in my spot).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    So my 289 spy puts, which were looking good when the. market was 282 a couple days ago are dead now. I really appreciate how all the market moves up have taken place after hours so I couldn't react to them. I am guessing this isn't an accident (not against me personally, but against people in my spot).

there are 24 hours in a day, options can be traded during about 6.75 of them. and most of the markets most significant movement, the moves which generate inertia (interday speaking), happen about 90 minutes before and after that window.

you attempted a swing trade on an unstable security that's deeply and obviously unmoored from the abstraction to the abstraction it represents (read: broken).

tl;dr the game is the game.

Comments

ErickAA: Fair enough

Load Metric

Lol Step. This is what I saw at my gym everyday before the nazis closed it down. Weights and weight circuits are very popular. There are serious trainers and then some I call fat socialites. They come to the gym everyday to not exercise, but to socialize and lift a weight here and there. They are fatter than 2 years ago when I started due to zero cardio.

On the cardio side, people use treadmills more than ellipticals. There are also fat nonsocialites that do this, walk slow on a flat treadmill doesn’t burn calories or provide a lot of benefit. They complain they can’t lose weight but their heartrate barely gets 10 beats above base, then they leave the gym and garbage up at the fast food drive thru. There are some that are serious runners on the treadmills who are buff, but they are the minority. It is hard to do an elliptical without sweating so those that think just being in a gym helps you lose weight don’t use them.

Group classes like Zumba and spin are popular and don’t see too many fat socialites attending. By nature these classes force you to sweat and the socialites don’t like to sweat.

It doesn’t matter how rich or poor you are or what type of expensive equipment you own, if it is not used regularly. It is all useless. Exercise can cost nothing or a lot for the exact same results.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Lol Step. This is what I saw at my gym everyday before the nazis closed it down. Weights and weight circuits are very popular. There are serious trainers and then some I call fat socialites. They come to the gym everyday to not exercise, but to socialize and lift a weight here and there. They are fatter than 2 years ago when I started due to zero cardio.

On the cardio side, people use treadmills more than ellipticals. There are also fat nonsocialites that do this, walk slow on a flat treadmill doesn’t burn calories or provide a lot of benefit. They complain they can’t lose weight but their heartrate barely gets 10 beats above base, then they leave the gym and garbage up at the fast food drive thru. There are some that are serious runners on the treadmills who are buff, but they are the minority. It is hard to do an elliptical without sweating so those that think just being in a gym helps you lose weight don’t use them.

Group classes like Zumba and spin are popular and don’t see too many fat socialites attending. By nature these classes force you to sweat and the socialites don’t like to sweat.

It doesn’t matter how rich or poor you are or what type of expensive equipment you own, if it is not used regularly. It is all useless. Exercise can cost nothing or a lot for the exact same results.

I go to Equinox where people pay $230 plus monthly so thankfully I dont see this. Almost everyone is there to work and get a pump. In Blink, Planet Fitness etc I have found that many(mostly women) do about 10-12 minutes on a machine....right up to the point.where they start getting uncomfortable and breaking a sweat and then shut it down. Its hilarious. I could time exactly when they are gonna get off once they start. If they actually put in work everytime they went to the gym, the once or twice fast food trek wouldnt be so bad.

Load Metric
    Love the gym talk.

I think you guys will enjoy this “oil going negative” story. Fun character driven read.

A Canadian goes broke so it includes all our popular themes.

Oil Crash Busted Broker’s Computers and Inflicted Big Losses
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...es/ar-BB13NLh2

Simpdog usually buys and sells stocks and currencies through his Interactive Brokers account, but he couldn’t resist trying his hand at some oil trading on April 20, the day prices plunged below zero for the first time ever.

What is ironic about this story is that the Interactive CEO was perhaps the very first high frequency trader in history. He hooked up a computer to his Bloomberg in the 1970’s. That’s a decent cat and mouse story too.

Load Metric
    some real halfassed swing predicts for friday;

htz 2.85

tna 22.5

pe 10.25

ar 3.8

slb 17.25

kos 1.75

ugaz 42

opk 2.6

again not to be taken seriously, just seeing how my swingish TA holds up. i might or might not sink money into any of these, depending on how the DJI acts tomorrow am.

h'ok lets see how we did.

predicted price on top, actual open/close (if i had opened/closed positions the morning after posting) below. total win/loss based on $1000 investment on each with no stop-loss and a mandatory closeout tonight.

htz short 2.85

lol hertz up 7%+ on news its tapped in someone competent for its bankruptcy. fail.
    open: 3.17
    close: 3.26

tna long 22.5
    exceeded wildly. +11.3% today alone to 23.47.
    open: 21.05
    close: 23.47
    +114.9

pe long 10.25
    opened at 9.20 after post, closed at 9.64. win but not a dramatic one.
    open: 9.20
    close: 9.64
    +48.35

ar long 3.8
    this one was still-borne honestly; plummeted during pre-market the day after posting. fail.
    open: 3.13
    close: 3.15
    +6.38

slb long 17.25
    overperformed deliciously; trading after hours at 18.20.
    open: 16.39
    close: 18.20
    +110.43

kos long 1.75
    meh, closed at same price i picked it at. call it a wash.
    open: 1.52
    close: 1.49

ugaz long 42
    this one stung. reversed hard overnight and lost tons of value. 10% today alone.
    open: 30.79
    close: 23.24

opk long 2.6
    another one that broke the wrong way. opened at 2.4 and barrel rolled on a weak earnings report that night, never really recovered entirely despite climbing 8% today to 2.10.
    open: 2.40
    close: 2.10

total theoretical investment: $8000
    losses: 418.32
    wins: 280.06

return: -138.26

however... if we implement a 5% stop loss on each trade, we turn a slight profit:

+28.

which i believe is 0.35%...

seems wack but that was for 3 days. lets assume we do that once a week. for a year.

that yields a total of +$1452.47.

or +18%.

technical analysis for the fucking win.

Load Metric
    another cute side note is that this assumes i pretty much go balls deep at open without waiting for trend confirmation, which would never happen.

also it assumes i close positions arbitrarily today instead of letting them run, which a few appear to be doing.
    Last edited by sonatine; 05-08-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Load Metric
    I wouldn't do pelaton but would consider the mirror. That shit is pretty fucking cool.

Load Metric

honestly how real this feels is a whole ass mood and a half.

Thread Information