Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Today I learned that Daily Wire was originally funded by fracking

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Today I learned that Daily Wire was originally funded by fracking

It's funny how perception can differ from reality.

My perception of Daily Wire was as follows:

Ben Shapiro, an Orthodox Jew who was politically conservative and extremely smart. He also faced relentless bullying growing up due to being short, skinny, and very nerdy, and eschewed a social life in favor of becoming a very young political columnist. After finding some moderate success in this realm, and getting his law degree, he started doing some entertainment law on the side. He was eventually discovered by Andrew Breitbart, who brought him on and mentored him. After Breitbart's death, he had conflicts with the new management there, and decided to venture out on his own. He teamed up with Christian conservative Jeremy Boering, a guy with no college education, who was a behind-the-scenes worker in various conservative media spaces. Boering was the business guy, Shapiro was the face of the venture, and they expanded from there, now being the biggest conservative social media company in the US.

The truth is actually this:

In 2015, Boering and Shapiro raised $4.7 million in funding from a man named Farris Wilks. Who is Farris Wilks? He's a fracking billionaire. Wilks had previously given $6.5 million in 2013 to Dennis Prager's new "PragerU" conservative media project. Boering and Shapiro had a good relationship with PragerU, and that allowed them to meet Wilks through a man named Caleb Robinson, who was Wilks' go-between for the PragerU project.

Soon enough, Boering and Shapiro had their funding from Wilks.

VICE did a very biased article about this situation in 2022. Because the once-revered VICE had turned to shit long before 2022, the article quickly turned into a left-wing conspiracy hit piece about climate denial, rather than the quality investigative journalism for which they were once known.

So don't expect to learn much from the VICE situation beyond the facts I stated above. But those facts are indeed true.

Remember the stupid Bentkey children's programming venture, meant to compete with Disney? I wondered why Daily Wire would waste its precious funds on such a failproject. It turns out they're not wasting precious funds, nor is the stupid Bentkey name something new. It turns out Bentkey Holdings is the name of the company set up to be the parent of Daily Wire, and they are raising $120 million to fund the fail kids TV project.

According to the article linked above, Bentkey and Daily Wire is much bigger than it appears to be, has an extensive network of employees (not just the 4 people you see in the background of Ben's show), and there's 11 LLCs associated with Bentkey, registered in Delaware. Most of Bentkey/Daily Wire's operations are based out of Nashville. Shapiro himself lives in Florida, so he can be among his fellow Jewry, as Nashville is full of goys and he didn't want to live there. Originally Shapiro planned to live in Nashville, but he decided not to, and quietly bought a home in Florida. I believe there's a skeleton crew helping him broadcast from Florida, and everyone else is in Nashville for all the pre/post production, marketing, etc. Boering runs that office.

Is Ben Shapiro doing Wilks' bidding by spreading climate change lies, so Wilks can keep on frackin'? That's what VICE will have you believe, but I don't buy it. I watch Shapiro's show. There is relatively little mention of climate issues, and almost no mention of fracking. If Daily Wire is a pro-fracking propaganda arm, they're doing a very poor job of it. There's also the preaching-to-the-choir problem. It's not effective to push a pro-fracking message to a conservative audience who is largely pro-fracking anyway. If you are looking to move the public opinion needle on fracking, you quietly back some influential left wingers who are told to be their normal progressive selves, but to deviate on the fracking issue. But that's not what's happening here.

Anyway, I had wondered how Daily Wire was getting all this money. How were they paying for all these employees? How did they have $100m to spend on kids' programming? How could they offer Steven Fucking Crowder $50m, with a willingness to go up to $70m? How are they producing a bunch of dumb movies at a fairly rapid pace, all of which have decent production value (albeit poor acting and writing)?

I couldn't figure out how $99/year Daily Wire Plus memberships, plus YouTube monetization, were paying for all of this.

Turns out it's probably not paying for all of this.

So what's going on? I think that Wilks, a pastor-turned-billionaire-fracker, sees this as a passion project. Much like Sheldon Adelstein had two obsessions -- love for Israel and hatred of online gambling -- I think that Wilks wanted to push a strong, well-funded, well-viewed conservative message via social media. Like Adelstein, who was frequently (and incorrectly) accused of opposing online poker for selfish business reasons, I think the same is going on with Wilks. I don't believe Wilks wants a pro-fracking propaganda arm. I think the pastor in him just wants to see something like Daily Wire become a competitor to mainstream entertainment companies. He saw potential first in PragerU, and then more in Daily Wire, and he's putting his money behind it.

Funny enough, the right wing conspiratard contingent, who have turned against Daily Wire since Candace Owens was fired, are putting out false claims that Daily Wire is owned by big Israeli interests. That's just not true. Farris Wilks is not Jewish, and has no connection to Israel. Daily Wire is pro-Israel because its main personality and co-owner is a conservative Orthodox Jew. Duh. That's it Not more complex than that.

Funny enough, none of these same conspiratards are seeing the REAL story here, that Daily Wire is likely largely under the influence of a billionaire who has quietly funded them and stayed out of the spotlight.

Load Metric
    True opinion- Sharpio always reminds me of Druff, I mean this as a positive note.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Ben Shapiro, an Orthodox Jew who was politically conservative and extremely smart. He also faced relentless bullying growing up due to being short, skinny, and very nerdy, and eschewed a social life in favor of becoming a very young political columnist. After finding some moderate success in this realm, and getting his law degree, he started doing some entertainment law on the side. He was eventually discovered by Andrew Breitbart, who brought him on and mentored him. After Breitbart's death, he had conflicts with the new management there, and decided to venture out on his own. He teamed up with Christian conservative Jeremy Boering, a guy with no college education, who was a behind-the-scenes worker in various conservative media spaces. Boering was the business guy, Shapiro was the face of the venture, and they expanded from there, now being the biggest conservative social media company in the US.

In 2015, Boering and Shapiro raised $4.7 million in funding from a man named Farris Wilks. Who is Farris Wilks? He's a fracking billionaire. Wilks had previously given $6.5 million in 2013 to Dennis Prager's new "PragerU" conservative media project. Boering and Shapiro had a good relationship with PragerU, and that allowed them to meet Wilks through a man named Caleb Robinson, who was Wilks' go-between for the PragerU project.

VICE did a very biased article about this situation in 2022. Because the once-revered VICE had turned to shit long before 2022, the article quickly turned into a left-wing conspiracy hit piece about climate denial, rather than the quality investigative journalism for which they were once known.

So don't expect to learn much from the VICE situation beyond the facts I stated above. But those facts are indeed true.

Remember the stupid Bentkey children's programming venture, meant to compete with Disney? I wondered why Daily Wire would waste its precious funds on such a failproject. It turns out they're not wasting precious funds, nor is the stupid Bentkey name something new. It turns out Bentkey Holdings is the name of the company set up to be the parent of Daily Wire, and they are raising $120 million to fund the fail kids TV project.

According to the article linked above, Bentkey and Daily Wire is much bigger than it appears to be, has an extensive network of employees (not just the 4 people you see in the background of Ben's show), and there's 11 LLCs associated with Bentkey, registered in Delaware. Most of Bentkey/Daily Wire's operations are based out of Nashville. Shapiro himself lives in Florida, so he can be among his fellow Jewry, as Nashville is full of goys and he didn't want to live there. Originally Shapiro planned to live in Nashville, but he decided not to, and quietly bought a home in Florida. I believe there's a skeleton crew helping him broadcast from Florida, and everyone else is in Nashville for all the pre/post production, marketing, etc. Boering runs that office.

Is Ben Shapiro doing Wilks' bidding by spreading climate change lies, so Wilks can keep on frackin'? That's what VICE will have you believe, but I don't buy it. I watch Shapiro's show. There is relatively little mention of climate issues, and almost no mention of fracking. If Daily Wire is a pro-fracking propaganda arm, they're doing a very poor job of it. There's also the preaching-to-the-choir problem. It's not effective to push a pro-fracking message to a conservative audience who is largely pro-fracking anyway. If you are looking to move the public opinion needle on fracking, you quietly back some influential left wingers who are told to be their normal progressive selves, but to deviate on the fracking issue. But that's not what's happening here.

Anyway, I had wondered how Daily Wire was getting all this money. How were they paying for all these employees? How did they have $100m to spend on kids' programming? How could they offer Steven Fucking Crowder $50m, with a willingness to go up to $70m? How are they producing a bunch of dumb movies at a fairly rapid pace, all of which have decent production value (albeit poor acting and writing)?

I couldn't figure out how $99/year Daily Wire Plus memberships, plus YouTube monetization, were paying for all of this.

So what's going on? I think that Wilks, a pastor-turned-billionaire-fracker, sees this as a passion project. Much like Sheldon Adelstein had two obsessions -- love for Israel and hatred of online gambling -- I think that Wilks wanted to push a strong, well-funded, well-viewed conservative message via social media. Like Adelstein, who was frequently (and incorrectly) accused of opposing online poker for selfish business reasons, I think the same is going on with Wilks. I don't believe Wilks wants a pro-fracking propaganda arm. I think the pastor in him just wants to see something like Daily Wire become a competitor to mainstream entertainment companies. He saw potential first in PragerU, and then more in Daily Wire, and he's putting his money behind it.

Funny enough, the right wing conspiratard contingent, who have turned against Daily Wire since Candace Owens was fired, are putting out false claims that Daily Wire is owned by big Israeli interests. That's just not true. Farris Wilks is not Jewish, and has no connection to Israel. Daily Wire is pro-Israel because its main personality and co-owner is a conservative Orthodox Jew. Duh. That's it Not more complex than that.

Funny enough, none of these same conspiratards are seeing the REAL story here, that Daily Wire is likely largely under the influence of a billionaire who has quietly funded them and stayed out of the spotlight.
    I don’t know if you can say it’s entirely because of Shapiro. I think this guy is about as pro-Israel as one can be. Doesn’t bother me personally, but he isn’t a typical pastor.

Farris Wilks is married to Jo Ann and is the father of 11 children.[6][7] He is the current pastor and bishop of the Assembly of Yahweh (7th day) near Cisco.[5] In sermons, he has denounced homosexuality and abortion rights.[8]

Currently the Assembly of Yahweh (7th day) is a conservative Jews for Jesus-type congregation. It teaches that "the true religion is Jewish (not a Gentile religion)" and its members celebrate the Old Testament holidays rather than those related to the New Testament. The congregation considers the Old Testament historically and scientifically accurate. The congregation considers homosexuality and abortion to be crimes.

Weird bio for a billionaire. Started a masonry business with his brother in the mid nineties. Got into fracking in early 2000s.

Guy is 72. Not many billionaires started their first small business in their forties. Quite the atypical billionaire story. Blue collar guy with high school diploma into small business owner into billionaire after 40.

This quote, from your Vice article, sounds more accurate than it being climate change driven.

“ the Wilks brothers don’t necessarily view right-wing politics as an extension of their business empire, argues Mark Jones, a political science professor at Rice University in Houston.

“Their political action is not driven by economic self-interest,” he told VICE News. “It’s driven by their faith.”

At this point, they are largely divested and made their money.

But given their faith isn’t typically Christian, and very Jew-centric, then I don’t know that this helps Daily Wire much with the typical right wing Christians they are trying to appeal to.

MAGA Christians are generally fake evangelicals who were facedown in a bar or whores a decade ago, and only have really got into Christianity since Trump arrived, who they really worship. What they believe or practice doesn’t even resemble traditional Christianity either.

But they now make up the bulk of American Christians, and don’t see them being comfortable with a company owned by a guy who has this belief system.

Comments

1marley1: Do we think Druff did all that research and missed this or left it out on purpose???

Deal: The Goyim synogogue

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I don’t know if you can say it’s entirely because of Shapiro. I think this guy is about as pro-Israel as one can be. Doesn’t bother me personally, but he isn’t a typical pastor.

Farris Wilks is married to Jo Ann and is the father of 11 children.[6][7] He is the current pastor and bishop of the Assembly of Yahweh (7th day) near Cisco.[5] In sermons, he has denounced homosexuality and abortion rights.[8]

Currently the Assembly of Yahweh (7th day) is a conservative Jews for Jesus-type congregation. It teaches that "the true religion is Jewish (not a Gentile religion)" and its members celebrate the Old Testament holidays rather than those related to the New Testament. The congregation considers the Old Testament historically and scientifically accurate. The congregation considers homosexuality and abortion to be crimes.

Weird bio for a billionaire. Started a masonry business with his brother in the mid nineties. Got into fracking in early 2000s.

Guy is 72. Not many billionaires started their first small business in their forties. Quite the atypical billionaire story. Blue collar guy with high school diploma into small business owner into billionaire after 40.

This quote, from your Vice article, sounds more accurate than it being climate change driven.

“ the Wilks brothers don’t necessarily view right-wing politics as an extension of their business empire, argues Mark Jones, a political science professor at Rice University in Houston.

“Their political action is not driven by economic self-interest,” he told VICE News. “It’s driven by their faith.”

But given their faith isn’t typically Christian, and very Jew-centric, then I don’t know that this helps Daily Wire much with the typical right wing Christians they are trying to appeal to.

MAGA Christians are generally fake evangelicals who were facedown in a bar or whores a decade ago, and only have really got into Christianity since Trump arrived, who they really worship. What they believe or practice doesn’t even resemble traditional Christianity either.

But they now make up the bulk of American Christians, and don’t see them being comfortable with a company owned by a guy who has this belief system.
    Dude, you have no concept of traditional Christianity. My grandmothers were Sunday School teachers. They spent their entire lives in Christianity. They taught it to their kids, grandkids and every young person in the community. I grew up in those Churches. My grandmothers were typical of the congregants.

The Churches in this country were not built by drunks and whoremongers. You have no idea what grass roots Christianity is. You just spew ignorant blather.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Dude, you have no concept of traditional Christianity. My grandmothers were Sunday School teachers. They spent their entire lives in Christianity. They taught it to their kids, grandkids and every young person in the community. I grew up in those Churches. My grandmothers were typical of the congregants.

The Churches in this country were not built by drunks and whoremongers. You have no idea what grass roots Christianity looks like. You just spew ignorant blather.
    I grew up in the church also. I was describing MAGA Christians and followers, which doesn’t resemble traditional Christianity whatsoever. What about face down in a bar a decade ago doesn’t apply to you?

Load Metric
    LOL at "conspiratards" being Candace Owens followers. Can't win the debate? Just call them names.

Owens is going to debate Shapiro on what anti-semitism is. I used to think that an anti-semite is someone that doesn't like Jews. But I've recently learned from Ben Shapiro that an anti-semite is someone that doesn't agree with his positions on Israel.

When Owens tweeted "Christ is King" it really frosted Shapiro's balls.

So who do you think is going to win this debate?

Load Metric

The Churches in this country were not built by drunks and whoremongers. You have no idea what grass roots Christianity looks like. You just spew ignorant blather.
    I grew up in the church also. I was describing MAGA Christians and followers, which doesn’t resemble traditional Christianity whatsoever. What about face down in a bar a decade ago doesn’t apply to you?
    That picture was a ser-up, a joke. Anyone with half a brain would know that. How the hell do you think the picture got on the internet? BTW, "MAGA Christian" is a figment of your imagination.

Load Metric

Lightbulb

That picture was a ser-up, a joke. Anyone with half a brain would know that. How the hell do you think the picture got on the internet? BTW, "MAGA Christian" is a figment of your imagination.
    Mickey you’re arguing with someone who has a quite good memory. I recall when you showed up and we all wondered who is this idiot?I recall taking a look and seeing a clownish blowhard.

I recall your posts about being shitfaced on Titos every night. Chan-smoking right up until the heart attack. Bragging about being a fat 240 and how you’d kick everyone’s ass over at Todd’s other site while they laughed at you. In other words, typical white trash who thought they were special and would somehow avoid the pitfalls of being an old fat chain smoker drunk.

Now you wheel around on a scooter. Praise Jesus!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Oddly enough RuPaul makes money via Fracking on his and his partners Wyoming ranch.

Load Metric
    LOL at "conspiratards" being Candace Owens followers. Can't win the debate? Just call them names.

Owens is going to debate Shapiro on what anti-semitism is. I used to think that an anti-semite is someone that doesn't like Jews. But I've recently learned from Ben Shapiro that an anti-semite is someone that doesn't agree with his positions on Israel.

Did you learn that from Ben Shapiro, or Druff?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Mickey you’re arguing with someone who has a quite good memory. I recall when you showed up and we all wondered who is this idiot?I recall taking a look and seeing a clownish blowhard.

I recall your posts about being shitfaced on Titos every night. Chan-smoking right up until the heart attack. Bragging about being a fat 240 and how you’d kick everyone’s ass over at Todd’s other site while they laughed at you. In other words, typical white trash who thought they were special and would somehow avoid the pitfalls of being an old fat chain smoker drunk.

This is how much your ignorant ass knows. You assume a lot of shit. Stocky? Yes. Fat? No. You and sonatine are the fat asses around here. I was in a wheel chair after the heart attack but it's been collecting dust for two years.

What's more, you are to stupid to know that you are white trash too. Why don't you tell us about YOUR vices, dopehead? How much of that whacko shit do you smoke a day? How's life in the trailerhood.

Your arguments on PFA are the stupidest ones of all because all you do is throw around stereotypes and false assumptions. Don't be bragging about a "good memory" when you get almost all facts and history wrong. Libtards are dumb in general but your libtard ass is super stupid.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Dusty wheelchair and stocky LOL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Did you learn that from Ben Shapiro, or Druff?
    Unbelievable stupid. You highlighted it too. Because of your intelligence level I'll have to explain it to you like you are a 3 year old. "I recently learned from Ben Shapiro" means I LEARNED IT FROM BEN SHAPIRO, not Druff.

Druff is a Shapiro fan. I'm not.

Load Metric

This is how much your ignorant ass knows. You assume a lot of shit. Stocky? Yes. Fat? No. You and sonatine are the fat asses around here. I was in a wheel chair after the heart attack but it's been collecting dust for two years.

What's more, you are to stupid to know that you are white trash too. Why don't you tell us about YOUR vices, dopehead? How much of that whacko shit do you smoke a day? How's life in the trailerhood.

Your arguments on PFA are the stupidest ones of all because all you do is throw around stereotypes and false assumptions. Don't be bragging about a "good memory" when you get almost all facts and history wrong. Libtards are dumb in general but your libtard ass is super stupid.

There is no such thing as a 240lb stocky 65 year old man unless he’s 6’8. You were a fat chain-smoking alcoholic. Now you have a scooter as a result. That’s just reality. Where is my memory faulty? I’m sure I can find what I read some years ago. I don’t see you disputing any of it other than claiming you were “stocky” lol.

And it’s amusing you’d think I’m fat. I’ve been a 5-6 day a week gym dude forever who might eat something with sugar twice a year at a party. I had an intestinal cancer at 29 from a medication my mother took when pregnant. It’s impossible to eat healthier than I do. I’ve been the one arguing for a fat tax for over a decade because of their choice to create a health care nightmare with type 2 diabetes and every other obese idiot needing knee replacements.

I partied young. I owned a bar at 26. The body is forgiving then and I was always in shape except when sick. I still will drink hard on a given night, but then not again for a month.

I take a Vit D supplement. At this point, it’s literally the only thing I take daily. I wouldn’t smoke anything. I’m not a weed guy and certainly not stupid enough to smoke. Sportsbetting is my only vice now, but one I can easily afford.

I don’t give a fuck that you made yourself a feeble cripple. You once again jumped into a thread, taking umbrage with me calling MAGA Christians laughable and not traditional. That’s pretty obvious to any non-retard.

You think your grandma who taught Sunday school in the 1950s would wake up from her grave and call some clown on his 3rd marriage to a mail order whore, bragging about grabbing women by the pussy. paying off porn stars, a man of God?

I’ll give your grandma a little more credit than that. Most likely she’d look at both parties and jump back in her grave. Modern evangelism bares no resemblance to that of that era. Both were nonsense, but one at least had standards.

So fuck off and wheel your pathetic ass off to the cemetery to creep on gravesites you fucking weird old man.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Ether

David USF: Gottem

Sheesfaced: Stop he’s already dead!

Load Metric
    There is no such thing as a 240lb stocky 65 year old man unless he’s 6’8. You were a fat chain-smoking alcoholic. Now you have a scooter as a result. That’s just reality. Where is my memory faulty? I’m sure I can find what I read some years ago. I don’t see you disputing any of it other than claiming you were “stocky” lol.

And it’s amusing you’d think I’m fat. I’ve been a 5-6 day a week gym dude forever who might eat something with sugar twice a year at a party. I had an intestinal cancer at 29 from a medication my mother took when pregnant. It’s impossible to eat healthier than I do. I’ve been the one arguing for a fat tax for over a decade because of their choice to create a health care nightmare with type 2 diabetes and every other obese idiot needing knee replacements.

I partied young. I owned a bar at 26. The body is forgiving then and I was always in shape except when sick. I still will drink hard on a given night, but then not again for a month.

I take a Vit D supplement. At this point, it’s literally the only thing I take daily. I wouldn’t smoke anything. I’m not a weed guy and certainly not stupid enough to smoke. Sportsbetting is my only vice now, but one I can easily afford.

I don’t give a fuck that you made yourself a feeble cripple. You once again jumped into a thread, taking umbrage with me calling MAGA Christians laughable and not traditional. That’s pretty obvious to any non-retard.

You think your grandma who taught Sunday school in the 1950s would wake up from her grave and call some clown on his 3rd marriage to a mail order whore, bragging about grabbing women by the pussy. paying off porn stars, a man of God?

I’ll give your grandma a little more credit than that. Most likely she’d look at both parties and jump back in her grave. Modern evangelism bares no resemblance to that of that era. Both were nonsense, but one at least had standards.

So fuck off and wheel your pathetic ass off to the cemetery to creep on gravesites you fucking weird old man.

I was 66 years old before I ever went to a doctor for a health reason. But your pathetic sickly little ass was born a wimp. So your momma gave you syphilis, eh? Which one did she get it from, the milkman, mailman or the plumber? The best part of you ran down both her legs. Good thing they got to her first before she married that Arab hairdresser, your step daddy.

If you want to talk about old cripples let's talk about your snaggle toothed momma and her camel fucking husband. How are those old cripples doing? How about your crippled old grandparents, or are they taking dirt naps already?

Mike Tyson, 5' 10", 220 pounds fighting weight. What do you think he weighed when he wasn't training? Do you think he's stocky?

Your corpulent lover, sonatine is 5' 7' and 400 pounds. Which one of you is the top? You want to fuck with me about my weight? Venereal disease has rotted your brain, dimwit. Sonatine is very disappointed in you for fucking with someone about their weight when they weigh only half as much as he does. You've hurt his feelings. Apologize to him and maybe he'll have make up sex with you, again.

But thanks for admitting you are an alcoholic.

Comments

BCR: Iron Mickey Tyson-world scooter boxing champ. Lol I’ve heard it all now. Take your 6 diuretics and get some sleep slugger

Load Metric
    duplicate

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I was hoping when I saw 12 replies that there would be a robust discussion of Daily Wire and its oil billionaire funding. No such luck.

Par for the course here.

I did see that BCR commented on it, so I'll answer back.

The VICE article did have those comments which essentially echo what I said -- that this is a billionaire funding a media company to help push his political/social views, and not for business purposes.

But the entire tone of the VICE article, including the title, make it look like Shapiro is bought and paid for by climate change denialists, and he's their puppet regarding that issue. And that's just not true, even if fracking money is what's paying the bills.

Incidentally, Shapiro himself is very wealthy (something he even admits on his show). So he must be paid a pretty hefty salary there, even though I still have my doubts that the company itself is actually profitable. Maybe it was profitable before when its expenses were relatively low, but now they're firing off huge $$ in all directions, and I doubt that's Shapiro and Boering deciding to invest in the company's future. I guess it's easy to take shots at making fail movies and forgettable kids programming when you've got some billionaire footing the bills.

So far the only good standalone "side content" I've seen from Daily Wire has been Matt Walsh's "What Is a Woman?" I expected that to be somewhat cringe, but I actually enjoyed it, and I felt it did a good job at just letting idiot leftists hang themselves. Pleasant surprise, actually.

Shapiro is getting a lot of shit lately, most of it from his own side. The Candace Owens thing pretty much assures that the hard right will never give Daily Wire another look (aside to degrade it), and now this has also given rise to nonsense conspiracy theories about Shapiro himself.

"Ben Shapiro is a Mossad asset."

"Ben Shapiro is a tool of the corrupt Republican establishment."

"Ben Shapiro is left alone by YouTube in exchange for quietly taking orders from them."

Blah blah blah

We are in a strange political landscape right now. The left is more extreme, out of touch, censorship-happy, and wackier than ever. At the same time, Donald Trump has done two things for Republicans -- one good, the other bad. On the good side, he has broadened the party's appeal to the working class, especially working class Hispanics, who are increasingly breaking Republican thanks to him. Without Trump's ascension, the GOP's base would be shrinking due to demographic change, and in fact Texas might have gone blue this cycle (instead of having zero shot to do so, as is currently). On the bad side, he has emboldened a weird angry and conspiratorial contingent of the Republican Party which had long been suppressed into irrelevance. It has since grown, and now drowns out reasonable voices like Shapiro if they dare run afoul of favored personalities or narratives.

Think of how much better off the country would be if the extremes of both sides could be beaten back into irrelevance.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If Daily Wire isn't careful, a new conservative media company will rise to take its place, featuring people like Owens and whoever else spews alt-right content (or at least doesn't run afoul of alt-right narrative).

Right now there's kind of a void there.

TheBlaze has become irrelevant, Daily Wire is quickly falling out of favor, and Steven Crowder went from Most Valuable Free Agent to toxic headcase in the span of a few months last year. Crowder pivoted to parrot alt-right talking points around 2020, so they mostly leave him alone, but even that bunch mostly sees him as a closet case, pregnant-wife-berating, employee-abusing weirdo, so he's pretty much lost respect all around.

Will be interesting to see where this all goes.

Comments

desertrunner:

Silver
    Load Metric

I think Jews are taught at a young age to call someone an antisemite if they are losing a debate or don't like what the person is saying.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Small_Banana View Post

I think Jews are taught at a young age to call someone an antisemite if they are losing a debate or don't like what the person is saying.
    No, Jews learn from a young age when someone is an actual anti-Semite, even if those people try to deny it and explain away how they're just being logically critical of Israel/Jews.

The alt-right thinks that Jews are evil and trying to rip apart the fabric of society, and are doing so by controlling government, media, and corporations.

The extreme left thinks that Jews are oppressive capitalists who marginalize, torture, and kill brown people, and get away with it due to influence over government, media, and corporations.

Two sides of the same hateful coin.

Fuck all anti-Semites. It all stems from jealousy of a formerly oppressed demographic who rose up to become successful over the past century, via hard work and valuing both education and creativity. Look at where Jews were in this country in the early 1900s, and look at them now. It's an American success story, as is Israel itself.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    And obviously I'm not part of any Jewish conspiracy to rip apart society, because clearly I oppose nearly everything the modern left is doing, and frequently speak out about it.

Same with Shapiro.

Thread Information