Page 85 of 142 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2823

Thread: ELON TUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

this is categorically false and deeply embarrassing to read.
    How pray tell would you know this any more than I would?

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...id-19-response

its unprecedented, literally.

obama dealt with a whole ass ebola outbreak without a single american fatality, excluding first line responders in fuckin africa.

sars, swine flu.. not only did this country have a great track record of letting science dictate our policy.. but when obamas people literally handed trumps people a fucking blue folder containing pandemic response protocols, trump refused to let anyone touch it, much less use it.

because it was from obama.

please stop normalizing a mentally ill fuckup reality tv star in the context of american career politicans. hes clinically unwell and incapable of concern beyond his appearance to his fans.

apologies in advance if im somehow missing your point.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    dave 'stocks always go up' portnoy down a cool $4,000,000.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    dave 'stocks always go up' portnoy down a cool $4,000,000.

Load Metric
    Tesla founder Elon Musk’s net worth plunged over $16.3 billion today—largest one day wipeout in billionaire history.

Load Metric
    Tesla founder Elon Musk’s net worth plunged over $16.3 billion today—largest one day wipeout in billionaire history.
    Meh, he'll be fine. Here's the 1 year chart:

imghost

Load Metric
    We were all a little nervous a vaccine might end the good times. We dodged that bullet.

Fear not. Rally baby

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I have absolutely no clue why SWBI is falling. Im down 14% on a stock that could not have had a better quarter and earnings call. I am speechless.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    I have absolutely no clue why SWBI is falling. Im down 14% on a stock that could not have had a better quarter and earnings call. I am speechless.

never overlook that strong earnings reports are often priced in before the earnings reports, plus they said on their earnings call that they have maxed out production despite onboarding various 3rd parties. so if you cant make more handguns to meet demand, people will buy them elsewhere, and your sales numbers have effectively plateaued.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

never overlook that strong earnings reports are often priced in before the earnings reports, plus they said on their earnings call that they have maxed out production despite onboarding various 3rd parties. so if you cant make more handguns to meet demand, people will buy them elsewhere, and your sales numbers have effectively plateaued.

Fuck. I essentially wiped out all my profits since April buying @ 19.56. I cant see it dipping to $8-12 levels like it was 6-9 months ago though. Guess Ill have to hodl till next quarter. Have to think with demand only to increase towards election and beyond they will do something to increase productivity

Load Metric
    Weed stocks got smoked.

Tilray from $300 to near zero.

The only weed that works is Constellation brands. They took all the fun outta weed.

Portnoy and stonks and all that feels like a 100 years ago now. I miss stimulus

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Weed stocks got smoked.

Tilray from $300 to near zero.

The only weed that works is Constellation brands. They took all the fun outta weed.

Portnoy and stonks and all that feels like a 100 years ago now. I miss stimulus

See Curaleaf. It is the future. Buy and hold. You will thank me in a few years.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I never got a single penny from stimulus (high income brag).

But I did momentarily get really into the market when no sports and bored. Lost a shit ton of $$ and quit. Not gonna lie too, losing that money hurt a lot. Lost in a couple months what would take me a couple years to lose sports betting.

Only things I still have are some $21 Slv Call options that expire Jan 2022, and $15 DBB Call options that expire Jan 2021. The thesis was dollar would inflate over time and metals would be worth more.

Obviously the last few days haven't been great, and all profits completely wiped out. But I guess we will hold and hope for some stimulus and inflation coming down the road.
    Last edited by Kalam; 09-24-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    In unrelated news in the process of closing escrow on a 2nd house in Joshua Tree that am planning on turning into an Air B&B.

I have some relatives that have a couple places in the area and they are crushing it hand over fist. Joshua Tree is EL FEUGO right now as far as a getaway for Cali peeps. Funny thing, they wanted to spend a weekend there themselves, but didn't want to take the place off the market because there is some clause that you lose SuperHost status if you take it off the market too much; so my relative asked DOUBLE the normal price figuring no one would book it and they could go themselves, and someone actually booked it.

Load Metric
    What’s so special about Joshua Tree? Looks like a shithole, and the only time I hear anything about the place it’s people going there to either drop acid or shroom.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    What’s so special about Joshua Tree? Looks like a shithole, and the only time I hear anything about the place it’s people going there to either drop acid or shroom.

its that high desert / georgia okeefe vibe but hop in your car and drive an hour and you can get a dece rub and tug, wagyu steak, and a bottle of high end scotch all on the same block.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post

its that high desert / georgia okeefe vibe but hop in your car and drive an hour and you can get a dece rub and tug, wagyu steak, and a bottle of high end scotch all on the same block.
    palm springs much!!??

Comments

sonatine: coge

Gold
    Load Metric
    I don't really get the whole Joshua Tree thing either. But sometimes you just have to give the people what they want.

I'm hoping to book enough that I never have to even worry about going myself.

Thread Information