Views: 7233
Size:  404.2 KB

Ok order has been restored

Carry on

Comments

Sanlmar: and I was worried Druff killed our rally

Daly: Deserves more green

Load Metric
    so ive got a fuckton of UAL/spy puts and a longer term AMZN call and this whole market trading sideways thing is exactly what i dont fucking need.

Comments

gauchojake: well played
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    that said we literally might limit down later tonight, in which case my puts will bloom like a rose made of cocaine and finance whatever fiscal nihilism strikes me fancy once they pass the fuckin c19 bill.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    also hilarious but true i rocked a TSLA put today for the first time in a million years and its up 179% despite the market closing up like 800 points or some obvo fake trash.

Load Metric
    We should probably just do away with threads anyways and just have a big old mash up free for all Trump Netflix Tesla Stock Market Bitcoin discussion board

Comments

OSA: forgot apple google facebook

Load Metric
    first of all how dare you

Load Metric
    Name:  nikola.jpg
Views: 6815
Size:  59.2 KB

Comments

sonatine: MY LICENSE PLATE: SPY PUTS

Load Metric

i literally have email alerts set up for 'icar' because when shit like this starts landing aapl is going to hit $200 in about an hour.

Load Metric
    A legal first re cars capable of self-driving.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    I've preached this before and have to presume most if not all of you have failed to heed my admonition/gift: Curaleaf. You have missed a nice (50%) run up or so. It has much more to go. Don't get shut out. This is the future.

I also have strong/long positions in Greenthumb, Trulieve, and a small one in Cresco.

I'm about to begin nibbling on Planet 13.

This is my Christmas/Hanukah gift to you all.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post

This is one of the threads where we prefer posts be on point. TIA.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    pure, just so motherfucking pure...

While there were plenty of fireworks in the market today, mostly launched by the reddit/WSB/robinhood daytrading crowd who successfully sparked a historic short squeeze and ramped the most shorted stocks on Monday to the point that they brought a respected hedge fund, Melvin Capital (run by a former SAC portfolio manager) to the verge of collapse and only a $2.75 billion bailout from Ken Griffin and Steve Cohen avoided the biggest hedge fund margin call since LTCM, a more sinister risk-off undertone emerged early on following overnight reports that the Biden stimulus was facing major headwinds of opposition, on Monday Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said the next round of Covid-19 relief was unlikely before mid-March, futher cementing the reality that Joe Biden’s nearly $2 trillion stimulus proposal to pass in Congress.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/be...n-bill-passing

and the story on melvin capital...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/fi...-point72-after

Platinum
    Load Metric
    if you like market shit:

this is gonna be one helluva daytime drama to watch over the next week or so...if ZH is right and it's retail causing these hedge funds so much pain that is just so goddamn beautiful, it's causing me to tear up...we all know the hedgies will win in the end, but retail traders blowing up a few before they get blown up themselves is just so fucking great...

Last Friday, in the aftermath of the Gamespot's historic eruption which sent the stock from $40 to the mid-70s (before it doubled again on Monday rising as high as $158), we had a feeling which way the wind was blowing laid out all the Russell 3000 stock that had the highest Short Interest (Short Interest was 50%> of float).

Also on Friday, we put together an equal weighted basket of the companies listed above which on Monday... well... exploded, in light with our expectations that WallStreetBets/Robinhood traders would go down the list and systematically ramp up each and every one of these most shorted names, sending them in the stratosphere. That's exactly what happened.

And yet, while the market reaction was just as we expected, one thing we did not anticipate was the "fracture point" which as we now know was Gabe Plotkin's Melvin Capital, which effectively blew up today and suffered a multi-billion margin call on its shorts (as reported earlier), and only a $2.75 billion bailout from Citadel and Point72 (both prior investors in the fund) avoided a far greater disaster (had the $12 billion Melvin Capital been forced to start liquidating its longs to pay its margin calls, all bets would have been off).

What is most remarkable, however, is that a quick look at Melvin's put positions - which had attracted the ire of WallStreetBets investors who were long just the names that Plotkin was short - shows that most of them were amazingly the same as the most shorted names shown above! One wonder how many idea dinners Plotkin went to to pitch his positions, and how many other hedge funds had been caught in the conflagration. Incidentally the reason why the WallStreetBets vendetta was targeted at Plotkin is because unlike traditional shorts, it had to disclose its puts in its quarterly 13F. Ironically, had Melvin merely kept its bearish bets in the form of regular shorts - which hedge funds have no obligation to report - all of this could have been avoided.

And so, without further ado, here are Melvin Capital's puts. see link for table

Why do we care? Because as S3 Partners founder Bob Sloan told Bloomberg in a TV interview today, GameStop could rise even further after surging 95% over the past week: “Get prepared for another round of short squeeze. You’re going to see GameStop go way higher.”

The reason: while the negative hit from Plotkin's shorts and/or puts may have been neutralized, especially with the help of the nearly $3 billion in excess funding from Steve Cohen and Ken Griffin, earlier today we learned that as the hobbled hedge fund cralwed through the finish line, suffering massive P&L losses, countless other hedge funds took its place shorting Gamestop et al. In fact, GME's short interest as a % of float declined from 142% two weeks ago to... 139% today.

Bottom line: brace for even more fireworks as WallStreetbets reignites the squeeze, only this time it won't be Melvin but some other hedge fund that will be crushed under the collective weight of a few thousand Robinhood bulls. Which, incidentally, would be great news for Ken Griffin. Not only does he know which stocks will be ramped by Robinhood before anyone else - after all Citadel is the biggest buyer of RH orderflow - but once the short hedge fund on the other side blows up, Griffen can just pull another Melvin, and swoop in with another "bailout loan-for-revenue" scheme, and forcibly take an equity stake in another distressed hedge fund... and another... and another, and so on, all with the help of a few thousand euphoria Gen-Zers.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/he...-put-positions

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Who is jumping on GME or other Melvin related companies at market open?

Load Metric
    About 2 or 3 years ago, Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) in CA stock tanked and the guys on another board we’re taking about the ultra low stock price at around $2 or $3 a share. Some of the talk was it might not go back up past $5 a share. My thought was PGE was in trouble and not to buy them. Well, 2-3 years ago, I was wrong. The stock recovered some and I wish I’d bought atleast 25k worth then.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Pile all your $$ into a broad based total stock market ETF or index fund with little to no expense ratio and do other things with your time. Take advantage of all tax preferential offerings like 401ks, IRAs, HSAs, 529 plans etc. Compound interest + tax deferral is a powerful strategy. If you want to cuck your way in use dollar cost averaging.

Thread Information