Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40808687888990
Results 1,781 to 1,788 of 1788

Thread: ELON TUSK IS GOD

Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Feel free to bump this later and laugh at me.

I just sold ďit allĒ. Frankly itís a pussy move which should signal you should buy with two hands.

Could walk through all the thoughts that led to this decision but to keep it short the risks far outweigh the potential rewards.

I donít see waking up in the next week and a half to a clean election result and COVID being gone - which would trigger a 20% rip your face off jump.

See a lot of roads where we have riots or the closure of the economy.

Playing it safe for the next 2 weeks. Hope Iím wrong.

Looked good at first.... didnít age well. Two biggest individual holdings were MGM and TSLA.

Just shoot me.

Nova Scotia's REAL #1 Webcam DJ sonatine's Avatar
    Feel free to bump this later and laugh at me.

I just sold ďit allĒ. Frankly itís a pussy move which should signal you should buy with two hands.

Could walk through all the thoughts that led to this decision but to keep it short the risks far outweigh the potential rewards.

I donít see waking up in the next week and a half to a clean election result and COVID being gone - which would trigger a 20% rip your face off jump.

See a lot of roads where we have riots or the closure of the economy.

Playing it safe for the next 2 weeks. Hope Iím wrong.

Looked good at first.... didnít age well. Two biggest individual holdings were MGM and TSLA.

Just shoot me.

imo, people getting flush off tesla are training themselves how to get margin called into fiscal oblivion.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Just shoot me.

imo, people getting flush off tesla are training themselves how to get margin called into fiscal oblivion.

I see continued volatility for TSLA but I think the end game here is 1.5-3T company in a few years if they can produce cars, expand battery business and become the leader in driverless.

Very believable path to this.

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

I see continued volatility for TSLA but I think the end game here is 1.5-3T company in a few years if they can produce cars, expand battery business and become the leader in driverless.

Very believable path to this.

funny, we were just discussing this at ghosttown.com.

to recap/expound:

i was firmly in the tesla bull camp, the first stock i ever bought was tesla, etc.

my enthusiasm was predicated on them reaching that tipping point where they were able to market one of the nicest luxury cars on the road to upper middle class families, basically. like their cars were so fucking nice and -->unproblematic<-- that soccer moms were like yeah i want a tesla lets do this.

unfortunately, that momentum has broken and started to pull back for 2 reasons:

1) quality assurance issues. and im not even talking about the shit like bad paint jobs and slightly misaligned doors (which prompted the chinese gov to get involved). i mean like, bumpers are literally falling off cars and teslas like lol youre on your own with that. some dudes roof blew off when he drove his model y home from the lot. consumer reports _savaged_ them in their most recent satisfaction ratings. for a minute, this narrative was driven by tesla shorts trying to get paid and thats no longer the case. this has to be addressed.

2) 300 mile range is just not enough. at 500 miles, range anxiety drops to almost zero. 300 is just.. fucking uncomfortable.

other concerns:

trumpism. elon's business model is predicated on an informal but clearly real laissez fair attitude from government regarding shit like violating labor laws during a plague to get his cars built and somehow coming up with ER after ER where the numbers are quite clearly fiction, if not outright prose.

cybertruck is going to be a Fucking Disaster. hes sinking actual billions of dollars into a 'truck' that will sell only slightly more units than the boring company flamethrower. plus the single motor version drops in late 2021 while the AWD dual motor and triple motor (???) versions drop in late 2022, meaning all the people who are lining up to get a grown ass truck are going to have a year to watch people absolutely savage the single motor version. i honestly believe 80% of those pre-orders are going to vanish based on wholly justified complaints if these drop with the level of QA issues currently plaguing the 3/X/Y.

solar. what the fuck happened with solar. solar was the lynchpin that was holding together my entire bull theory for tesla. and at a time where rolling blackouts are now seasonal for 40 million americans and rising, he shut down the whole ass factory he negotiated and built for solar. there hasnt been positive movement on tesla solar ... [ checks notes ] ... for years.

i could go on but you get the idea i think.

i truly believe we could close out 2021 in the 120$ per share range if elon cant put out these fires before they get out of control.

Comments

Tellafriend: Interesting take as always

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

like really not to broken record this but honestly i cannot stress enough how poorly things can go for tesla with a functional gov ecosystem doing its job.

Except build quality has always been an issue.

If nerd fashion equals luxury then okay but the novelty isnít there any longer and fashion is always changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Except build quality has always been an issue.

If nerd fashion equals luxury then okay but the novelty isnít there any longer and fashion is always changing.

respectfully its never been anything close to how terrible it is now, and now theres no return policy safety net as well.

even before covid showed up, things were starting to slip when elon entered the tent city factory phase but post covid this turned into a nearly ubiquitous issue.

again i agree there were issues before but those were largely amplified on sosh media by shorts. the proof is in stuff like the consumer reports grades, which have absolutely dropped through the floor.

interesting tidbit

tesla semis get 621 miles per charge.

might have to hang something like a bull thesis on that because huh.

Thread Information