Best meme ever - applies to so many things

Load Metric
    FRO

...You're welcome

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    FRO

...You're welcome
    Long term hold or buy and hit the jump up when awesome q1 earnings come in tomorrow and quickly sell?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    FRO

...You're welcome
    Long term hold or buy and hit the jump up when awesome q1 earnings come in tomorrow and quickly sell?
    I am hoping for a 50% pop tomorrow, we will see. I will be out fairly quickly, but these tankers are making more money than they have ever made because they are getting high rent and burning no fuel sitting in the ocean holding excess oil. They got dragged down with the oil stocks because of the relationship, but that was a huge miss by the investment community.

Comments

peter mcneil: Will buy 10k worth and sweat it with you

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Damn, wished I had checked the thread early and jumped in on that FRO. Need to find something new. These SPY puts aren't going so hot.

Load Metric
    Stonks going up again.

My guess is today may be the day we expolde up to 3000. We won’t habe much upside left after that though and we almost assuredly will need to retest the 2780 point after that.

Long now - short in short order is my guess.

Load Metric
    "With most institutional investors believing this is a bear rally, but at risk of being forced to chase the trend if it continues, the risk is of bigger bubbles leading to larger shocks," according to Bank of America.

Load Metric

I am hoping for a 50% pop tomorrow, we will see. I will be out fairly quickly, but these tankers are making more money than they have ever made because they are getting high rent and burning no fuel sitting in the ocean holding excess oil. They got dragged down with the oil stocks because of the relationship, but that was a huge miss by the investment community.
    Earnings up huge from last year but a bit below expectations, doubt we will get the pop we were hoping for. Dividend will be .70/share and I believe pays out early June. I ended up getting 500 shares, will sit on them.

Load Metric
    Name:  58E5662D-29B3-45C6-BA2C-77B4C4B0D170.jpeg
Views: 395
Size:  68.0 KB

Load Metric

Earnings up huge from last year but a bit below expectations, doubt we will get the pop we were hoping for. Dividend will be .70/share and I believe pays out early June. I ended up getting 500 shares, will sit on them.
    It's actually legit crazy.

We now have a stock that is trending towards a 40% dividend, with a forward P/E of 2.5.

I legit don't understand the market anymore.

Load Metric

We now have a stock that is trending towards a 40% dividend, with a forward P/E of 2.5.

I still think that stock could easily double or triple in the reasonably bear future and I'm not unhappy to collect that dividend while I hold it.

Load Metric

I still think that stock could easily double or triple in the reasonably bear future and I'm not unhappy to collect that dividend while I hold it.
    Hope that wasn’t a Freudian slip

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Whoops! I'm feeling cautiously optimistic these days. Real Estate sales in my city dropped down to about 1/4 the usual volume for a spring market early in the lockdown and has now recovered to about 80% of normal volume. The virus seems to be continually fading in the countries that reopen and some initial studies stating we may be closer to herd immunity than we thought. In my province (Alberta) we are doing some of the highest per capita testing in the world and yesterday we had the lowest total new cases since the early days of the virus and we are also well into our reopening.

Abrown - I'm just going to hold my shares of FRO. That stock traded at 13.3 when earnings were a fraction of what they are now. It's an interesting industry to follow, from my understanding the reason it didn't blast up is the unknown demand for offshore storage 18 months out and beyond. We have to hold the stock on June 4th to receive the dividend, correct?
    Last edited by peter mcneil; 05-21-2020 at 06:45 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I bought a bunch of EURN.

I guess same logic as FRO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Whoops! I'm feeling cautiously optimistic these days. Real Estate sales in my city dropped down to about 1/4 the usual volume for a spring market early in the lockdown and has now recovered to about 80% of normal volume. The virus seems to be continually fading in the countries that reopen and some initial studies stating we may be closer to herd immunity than we thought. In my province (Alberta) we are doing some of the highest per capita testing in the world and yesterday we had the lowest total new cases since the early days of the virus and we are also well into our reopening.

Abrown - I'm just going to hold my shares of FRO. That stock traded at 13.3 when earnings were a fraction of what they are now. It's an interesting industry to follow, from my understanding the reason it didn't blast up is the unknown demand for offshore storage 18 months out and beyond. We have to hold the stock on June 4th to receive the dividend, correct?
    Yes, you need to hold

I only come up with two logical answers. They will continue to use the ships as storage or demand picks back up and ships start moving oil again.

Load Metric

Yes, you need to hold

I only come up with two logical answers. They will continue to use the ships as storage or demand picks back up and ships start moving oil again.

Doesn’t have the volitility I’m looking for at the moment but I like the play as a buy and hold.

Diamond
    Load Metric

Yes, you need to hold

Forgive my ignorance, wouldn't that be a bad thing?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Yes, you need to hold

No it's actually better, there's such a glut of oil that they are paying the ships to sit off the coast and store it.

So they are getting the daily rates without having to burn any fuel by actually having to move product.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

No it's actually better, there's such a glut of oil that they are paying the ships to sit off the coast and store it.

So they are getting the daily rates without having to burn any fuel by actually having to move product.
    I see. And the alternative is they ship them around per business as usual

Thread Information