Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OH MY!!!

Blog Entries
    Not good.

Name:  royal-quads.png
Views: 97
Size:  189.5 KB

I had the queens. This guy has tortured me today.

Comments

shoeshine box: I would never play another hand on there... in all may gambling life , a lonnngggggg time. seen lotta hands.... I never go back to that club.

Blog Entries
    Flop was okay.

Name:  flop-straightflush.png
Views: 53
Size:  188.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Flop was okay.

Name:  flop-straightflush.png
Views: 53
Size:  188.0 KB
    So do you fire away and raise or wait for the turn?

Blog Entries
    Was heads up. He 3-bet pre.

I raised the flop, which is the smartest thing to do there because it can mean a shitload of things, and typically your opponent doesn't trust it. You'll even get called down with K high or worse sometimes, as they fear I have something like 97 with a club.

Obviously you hope they improve and then start pounding you. If you come out firing on the flop, another advantage is that they never give you credit for having flopped a monster, thinking that nobody would raise like that.

So I raised the flop, he called. He check/called turn, and check/called river. He had A high and the turn/riv were unexciting (no club, nothing likely to change much), so I got what I could.

In general, you don't slowplay in limit holdem. The only exceptions to this are when you suspect your opponent has absolute shit and will fold to aggression, or when you are in a multiway hand and you can get extra money by roping them all in on the turn, and then check-raising everyone. But the latter has loads of risk to it, such as the players checking behind on the turn, and such as letting people in with weird hands which can end up beating you, such as backdoor straight and flush draws.

Thread Information