Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In case you're wondering why I'm in the ER...

Load Metric
    All the best in your recovery and please avoid pangolins, Chinese wet markets, and Asian rub and tug joints.

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  15.0 KB

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawingdead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post

And soon bringing its own set of problems, hi I'm old and sluggish can you give me more energy and increased risk of a heart attack, clots, stroke etc etc etc Its all the rage!
    If you actually read the research on trt therapy you would find that everything you said is false. The instance of heart attack, diabetes, stroke and cancer decreases when a man is moved to a normal testosterone range. There is a chance in a small amount of people, roughly 2% that your blood gets thicker which could lead to stroke. If that happens no longer taking testosterone injections corrects the issue. That’s why When taking testosterone you get your blood work done every couple months.

I specifically see a doctor of urology that specializes in this area. I don’t go to a men’s clinic or bs anti-aging clinic.
    Well up to 8% of the population has Factor V genetic mutation and no one with Factor V is getting TRT from a doctor so I am not sure what other stats you are wrong on but once you throw in all the other clotting factors I would say at least 10% of the people are at risk for increased clotting if blindly put on TRT.

Load Metric

And soon bringing its own set of problems, hi I'm old and sluggish can you give me more energy and increased risk of a heart attack, clots, stroke etc etc etc Its all the rage!
    If you actually read the research on trt therapy you would find that everything you said is false. The instance of heart attack, diabetes, stroke and cancer decreases when a man is moved to a normal testosterone range. There is a chance in a small amount of people, roughly 2% that your blood gets thicker which could lead to stroke. If that happens no longer taking testosterone injections corrects the issue. That’s why When taking testosterone you get your blood work done every couple months.

I specifically see a doctor of urology that specializes in this area. I don’t go to a men’s clinic or bs anti-aging clinic.

Tell me you are joking and not denying that TRT replacement is linked to the above increased rate of what I mentioned.

If you think you are not at a higher risk on TRT you're literally a fool.

I cannot even debate this issue, the research is clear. You are taking an increased risk, any doctor who tells you otherwise doesn't care about you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Tell me you are joking and not denying that TRT replacement is linked to the above increased rate of what I mentioned.

I cannot even debate this issue, the research is clear. You are taking an increased risk, any doctor who tells you otherwise doesn't care about you.
    I gotta agree with DTHP.

When my false-low reading came back in 2018 (which at the time I thought was real), I was considering TRT, despite the fact that I had none of the typical symptoms of it.

Still, I had a friend really pushing it, and telling me the wonders it did for him.

Ultimately I decided not to bother, again because I lacked the symptoms, and most people on TRT are doing so because they've noticed a major change in their body compared to when they were younger. I haven't. I'm not saying I feel identical to what I did 20 years ago, but it's not dramatically different.

Then I took the blood test in late 2019 and found my level well above 300, so that was that.

There are definite risks. If there weren't, I would try it and see what happened. From everything I read, the risks seem to be far more severe than stated by the pro-TRT crowd in this thread.

Now, with that said, Drawingdead seemed to be experiencing a lot of typical low-T symptoms which were life-altering, so in that case I understand why he did it. I would have, too. Not sure about BCR, but perhaps that was his deal, as well. It is indeed risk/reward. But I don't like doing any treatment with increased risk of death if I don't feel like I have a real need for it.

Comments

shoeshine box: educate us

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Every word of this post is incorrect.
    To be fair, anxiety had to be part of the picture even if it wasn't
    the origin of the matter. You don't go to the ER suspecting
    heart issues without a bit of anxiety. Only natural
    It would appear this way, but no.

Actually I didn't want to go at first. I was tired and wanted to go back to sleep, and to worry about this later. I talked to my brother (a cardiologist at Stanford) and he said I should definitely go and not wait, because the unexplained left shoulder pain plus chest pain is a sign of something potentially very bad, and this shouldn't be ignored at my age.

He did agree with my initial assessment that it was more likely viral/injury than something cardiac related, but this was the ultimate "better safe than sorry" thing.

Pooh said I'm not at risk of a heart attack. Also very false. I'm not at high risk, as my parents are still alive in their mid-70s with no heart issues, and I've never had any heart issues myself. However, I had two grandparents die of heart attacks, I'm tall, I weigh over 200 pounds, and I'm over 45. These are all real risk factors. If it were 20 years ago, I wouldn't have gone to the ER.

Some are also misunderstanding my anxiety problem which popped up in 2018. It wasn't a "worry" type of anxiety. It was a "high pressure on my brain, as if something traumatic just happened" type of anxiety, and was at a severe level. A severe depression with anhedonia (lack of ability to feel any pleasure from anything) rode along with it for the first 6 weeks, which made the entire thing really unbearable. But again, even at my worst point, I never felt like I was having heart issues, and never once went to the ER. It is common for people with anxiety to overuse the ER and assume they're constantly dying, but that wasn't me.

Load Metric

I gotta agree with DTHP.

When my false-low reading came back in 2018 (which at the time I thought was real), I was considering TRT, despite the fact that I had none of the typical symptoms of it.

Still, I had a friend really pushing it, and telling me the wonders it did for him.

Ultimately I decided not to bother, again because I lacked the symptoms, and most people on TRT are doing so because they've noticed a major change in their body compared to when they were younger. I haven't. I'm not saying I feel identical to what I did 20 years ago, but it's not dramatically different.

Then I took the blood test in late 2019 and found my level well above 300, so that was that.

There are definite risks. If there weren't, I would try it and see what happened. From everything I read, the risks seem to be far more severe than stated by the pro-TRT crowd in this thread.

Now, with that said, Drawingdead seemed to be experiencing a lot of typical low-T symptoms which were life-altering, so in that case I understand why he did it. I would have, too. Not sure about BCR, but perhaps that was his deal, as well. It is indeed risk/reward. But I don't like doing any treatment with increased risk of death if I don't feel like I have a real need for it.
    No doubt there are benefits, we all know the benefits for those who don't even need it let alone those who do.

I think you ended that reply well, risk/reward, if they had such a dramatic change they needed it and it was worth the risk to them, so be it. I just didn't like to hear he believed there was no risk.

Also and off topic a bit I fear I see more and more young men in mid to late middle age using it as a "boost" which it certainly is and studies show nearly 25%+ of those prescribed were never even tested for low levels first! Likely wink wink hey doc help me out situations across the country.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Anxiety. You have no heart issues in your family and both your parents are older and healthy. You won't be having heart attacks in your 40's. With the corona going around you got a little sick and anxiety took care of the rest.

Every word? Interesting. Are both your parents older and healthy? Check. You have zero heart issues in your immediate family? Probably check. I'll bet you five grand right now you don't have a heart attack by 50. Interested?

Also, your little faggy mouth rinse you do is your crutch for anxiety. Your primary symptom for anxiety is the lump in your throat. The mouth rinse is your xanax so to speak. You were desperate to go to your car so you could get your xanax I mean mouth rinse. This LPR nonsense is and has been in your head for several years now but anything to combat your crippling anxiety works. I'm wrong? Ok next time you get your "lump" in your throat forget about the mouth rinse and see how it works out for you. You'll have a panic attack. Full on hot water burn baby panic attack.

This I'm tall over 40 and over 200 lbs is retarded as hell to read. Almost embarrassing.

Let me know if you want to bet the 5 grand.

Load Metric
    Have you ever actually been diagnosed by a doctor for LPR or is it something you found on the internet because you had a lump in your throat with a choking sensation when you would lay down and it fit the bill? I'd guess you self diagnosed. Especially since all the treatments recommended to combat this LPR you don't do. Except the xanax I mean mouth rinse. Prilosec? Oh hell no you hate the side effects. You're also literally the only person on Earth who would have side effects from Prilosec I mean come the fuck on. It's Prilosec sold over the counter there are no side effects. All this because you decided to eat that corn dog at the mall a half hour after you stuffed your face at home. Jesus. Can't make this shit up.

Comments

dwai: REKT

Krypt: legend

Muck Ficon: LOL. Nailed it

Load Metric
    Have you ever actually been diagnosed by a doctor for LPR or is it something you found on the internet because you had a lump in your throat with a choking sensation when you would lay down and it fit the bill? I'd guess you self diagnosed. Especially since all the treatments recommended to combat this LPR you don't do. Except the xanax I mean mouth rinse. Prilosec? Oh hell no you hate the side effects. You're also literally the only person on Earth who would have side effects from Prilosec I mean come the fuck on. It's Prilosec sold over the counter there are no side effects. All this because you decided to eat that corn dog at the mall a half hour after you stuffed your face at home. Jesus. Can't make this shit up.

Would you head on over to the stock thread — currently hosted in the musk is god thread, and give us an update on your financial condition.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Every word? Interesting. Are both your parents older and healthy? Check. You have zero heart issues in your immediate family? Probably check. I'll bet you five grand right now you don't have a heart attack by 50. Interested?

Also, your little faggy mouth rinse you do is your crutch for anxiety. Your primary symptom for anxiety is the lump in your throat. The mouth rinse is your xanax so to speak. You were desperate to go to your car so you could get your xanax I mean mouth rinse. This LPR nonsense is and has been in your head for several years now but anything to combat your crippling anxiety works. I'm wrong? Ok next time you get your "lump" in your throat forget about the mouth rinse and see how it works out for you. You'll have a panic attack. Full on hot water burn baby panic attack.

This I'm tall over 40 and over 200 lbs is retarded as hell to read. Almost embarrassing.

Must agree there are a few holes in the story.
    including this

"I told them I wanted to go to my car (very close by) and they didn't want that for liability reasons. I countered that I came in under my own power, that my EKG was normal, and that I had been walking around to take the various tests anyway. I also offered to sign a waiver or record a video indicating a release of liability if something happened while I walked to the car."

That is bullshite. Especially when you are paying the tab. No hospital can physically restrain you
    in such an instance. You've just been cleared for H.A. and yet they fear liability for letting you walk to your car.

I've actually done a couple of lines with the blood work team while waiting
    Another feather in the cap for Socialized medicine

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Not sure about BCR, but perhaps that was his deal, as well.
    I was in that PED world young. Always an athlete. Then went about my life. Then got sick and was laid up for seven years. I had to drop 85 lbs when I got well to get back under 200. I’d go back to gym but it was a lot like trying to concentrate on a .01/.02 game when you’ve played nosebleeds. It’s hard to put it back together in late 30s. I’d spin my wheels, quit, gain weight, be in bars every night and doing lines of cocaine with strippers. Eat like shit. I’m one of those people that needs a goal.

I had bad luck with getting sick young from some weird shit, but my family has awesome heart and lipids. No prostate issues. My only concern was clotting and RBC. I give blood every few months. Get bloodwork frequently. I’m a quality of life guy. I’m a physical guy. I know myself. If I’m in gym I eat impeccably and leave after happy hour when I go out. If I’m not, it all goes to shit. I’ll close the bar. I’m an extremist in all things. It’s best to focus on productive shit for me or I get myself in a lot of trouble. Whatever small risk I’m pretty sure is outweighed by being fit and what I’d otherwise be doing.

I’ve never been one of those people who cared about living to 87 instead of 84. I’d rather be happy now than watching tv then. If I thought it was going to shorten my life significantly, I wouldn’t do it. I think there’s a better chance I’ll live longer given my lifestyle is much healthier. I had a physical a few months ago from regular doc. He said whatever you’re doing, keep doing it. Everything is perfect in range. Most of my buddies are on blood pressure or cholesterol meds. So much of health is random. I almost died at 30 from a medication my mother took while pregnant to prevent miscarriages. Iirc druff, the same one they took off the market in like ‘73 that your mother was on that might be the only reason you’re here. If I have that right, it saved you and almost killed me. It doesn’t get any more random than that .
    Last edited by BCR; 03-04-2020 at 05:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I was in that PED world young. Always an athlete. Then went about my life. Then got sick and was laid up for seven years. I had to drop 85 lbs when I got well to get back under 200. I’d go back to gym but it was a lot like trying to concentrate on a .01/.02 game when you’ve played nosebleeds. It’s hard to put it back together in late 30s. I’d spin my wheels, quit, gain weight, be in bars every night and doing lines of cocaine with strippers. Eat like shit. I’m one of those people that needs a goal.

I had bad luck with getting sick young from some weird shit, but my family has awesome heart and lipids. No prostate issues. My only concern was clotting and RBC. I give blood every few months. Get bloodwork frequently. I’m a quality of life guy. I’m a physical guy. I know myself. If I’m in gym I eat impeccably and leave after happy hour when I go out. If I’m not, it all goes to shit. I’ll close the bar. I’m an extremist in all things. It’s best to focus on productive shit for me or I get myself in a lot of trouble. Whatever small risk I’m pretty sure is outweighed by being fit and what I’d otherwise be doing.

I’ve never been one of those people who cared about living to 87 instead of 84. I’d rather be happy now than watching tv then. If I thought it was going to shorten my life significantly, I wouldn’t do it. I think there’s a better chance I’ll live longer given my lifestyle is much healthier. I had a physical a few months ago from regular doc. He said whatever you’re doing, keep doing it. Everything is perfect in range. Most of my buddies are on blood pressure or cholesterol meds. So much of health is random. I almost died at 30 from a medication my mother took while pregnant to prevent miscarriages. Iirc druff, the same one they took off the market in like ‘73 that your mother was on that might be the only reason you’re here. If I have that right, it saved you and almost killed me. It doesn’t get any more random than that .
    What just happened?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

So to be clear here, maybe I missed your diagnosis in that but to be 100 here, you use TRT because you're too lazy or motivated to workout and lose weight and gain a better body on your own. So you are taking a short cut and are someone who is using TRT as oppose to just buying from the guy at the gym? Also I call BS on you making better life choices because you take test, that excuse makes zero sense. If anything its a cheat and crutch to continue your bad habits while gaining.

Hey your choice, I lifted heavy for many years and now that I am older it is more difficult and while I retained a great core and strength the bulking part just wont happen as easily as test levels curve down, losing weight s harder etc. However I will never risk a health complication for pure vanity. I simply play with my routines and stay in the shape I can, 20's are long gone.

Your 87 instead of 84 justification is only self comforting outside of reality.

Drop the juice, increase your cardio, lift lighter, high rep and get lean and mean. Longevity as we age is key, not making stupid juice head decisions in our mid life.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

For those of you who don't know, Pooh actually texts with me privately, and admitted that this type of shit is just trolling to create drama on the forum, and he doesn't mean any of it. So realize that he's fucking with you when he makes posts like this. Pooh has actually had anxiety issues himself, though a different kind than what I had/have.

But since some people might think this trash post is serious, I'll respond anyway.

You know shit about LPR. It's a syndrome, meaning a collection of symtpoms, and not a disease. This means that it's not something with a single cause or treatment. What works great for one person might very well completely fail for another. Most people with LPR had it caused by reflux, but not all. If it's reflux-caused, Prilosec/Nexium is the treatment. Otherwise it fails. For me it both failed to help and caused side-effects, which made it easy to quit. Prilosec and similar meds have real side effects, listed everywhere online, including the FDA. This 2017 article even explains that it's known to cause depression and anxiety in some people. You saying otherwise makes you look like a retarded monkey.

I was one of the people whose cause wasn't reflux. Subsequent tests made this highly likely to be the case. The cause of my LPR was unknown. It wasn't anxiety, though. The anxiety followed the LPR, not the other way around. First came the LPR, and the anxiety/depression showed up about 5 days later. In fact, ENT doctors who dismiss LPR as anxiety are regarded as morons of their specialty.

Yes, I went to a doctor about my LPR. Three different ones, in fact. Ended up not being helpul other than ruling out more possibly serious (but rare) conditions. The dry mouth rinse solved my LPR problem because it turned out my main LPR cause was.... dry throat! It's not clear why my throat gets dry, or why this abruptly started in August 2018, but that's why the rinse works for about 2 hours. And that's also why all other treatments failed, including ones I had high hopes for working. I didn't even expect the dry mouth rinse to help the LPR. That was a huge but pleasant surprise.

Your bet offer for $5k is fucking retarded because I never said it's 50/50 I have a heart attack by age 50. I said it was a "better safe than sorry" hospital visit, as I had symptoms which were the same as someone with heart problems. Even if it was a 1% chance that the pain was heart-related, I would have been an idiot not to go, because the consequences of that 1% hitting would be so dire. I was told to do this by my brother, who is a highly respected cardiologist. But I'll let him know that Pooh the high school graduate racist from Florida disagrees.

One of the things I hated in 2018 was dealing with posts like these when I was at the worst point of my life. I hated having to defend the reality of what I was going through, and I hated having to argue with assholes who either thought they knew better (despite no expertise) or who were responding just to aggravate me.

I could have chosen to ignore the whole thing, but at the same time I was trying to explain why I wasn't dealing aggressively with the cmoney scandal, and the only way it would be believable is if people really believed I was legit going through something awful.

Even though I'm over all of the depression and most of the anxiety, these posts still really frustrate me because it brings back memories of what happened, and the assholes who were doubting me.

So go suck a big fat cock, and quit doing this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Buddy, there's a good chance you are all up in your head.

That is not an incorrect description nor an insult.

I personally suffer from a certain phobia which has ruled/ruined my life from

late teens and increased tenfold into adulthood.

This was actually diagnosed by a team of doctors. Family history corroborates.

Still, most family members and average physicians are skeptical

They think my motives lie elsewhere

It could be complicated by my good looks,

exceptional hair and brilliant mind, but I digress

Comments

DonaldTrumpsHairPiece: My mama always tolds me, as long yer outsides look fine, your good.

Load Metric

To be fair, anxiety had to be part of the picture even if it wasn't
    the origin of the matter. You don't go to the ER suspecting
    heart issues without a bit of anxiety. Only natural

Actually I didn't want to go at first. I was tired and wanted to go back to sleep, and to worry about this later. I talked to my brother (a cardiologist at Stanford) and he said I should definitely go and not wait, because the unexplained left shoulder pain plus chest pain is a sign of something potentially very bad, and this shouldn't be ignored at my age.

He did agree with my initial assessment that it was more likely viral/injury than something cardiac related, but this was the ultimate "better safe than sorry" thing.

Pooh said I'm not at risk of a heart attack. Also very false. I'm not at high risk, as my parents are still alive in their mid-70s with no heart issues, and I've never had any heart issues myself. However, I had two grandparents die of heart attacks, I'm tall, I weigh over 200 pounds, and I'm over 45. These are all real risk factors. If it were 20 years ago, I wouldn't have gone to the ER.

Some are also misunderstanding my anxiety problem which popped up in 2018. It wasn't a "worry" type of anxiety. It was a "high pressure on my brain, as if something traumatic just happened" type of anxiety, and was at a severe level. A severe depression with anhedonia (lack of ability to feel any pleasure from anything) rode along with it for the first 6 weeks, which made the entire thing really unbearable. But again, even at my worst point, I never felt like I was having heart issues, and never once went to the ER. It is common for people with anxiety to overuse the ER and assume they're constantly dying, but that wasn't me.

Druff, as much as I may joke about some of your quirks, I am convinced you experienced a type of post-traumatic stress from whatever actually physical cause of your LPR. Why? Who the fuck wouldn’t from five days of involuntarily being unable to get any sleep because they experienced and a repeatedly uncontrollable sense of being choked to death by their own body when they lied down??? I’m glad you found a way to address the issue and was able to return to a mentally healthy way of living..
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There's no phobia here.

I don't even have a history of assuming heart problems. In my 48 years on this earth, this is the first time I've gone to have my heart checked.

In fact when I was in the ER 6 years ago after breaking 3 ribs and having weird internal pain, they wanted to do an EKG because some of the pain was in my chest.

I told them I knew this wasn't heart related, that I had just hurt myself, and refused it. They wheeled the machine away.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Druff, as much as I may joke about some of your quirks, I am convinced you experienced a type of post-traumatic stress from whatever actually physical cause of your LPR. Why? Who the fuck wouldn’t from five days of involuntarily being unable to get any sleep because they experienced and a repeatedly uncontrollable sense of being choked to death by their own body when they lied down??? I’m glad you found a way to address the issue and was able to return to a mentally healthy way of living..
    You're likely correct, though the anxiety/depression was brought on by a combo of that, the Prilosec, and the caffeine withdrawal.

It brought on a temporary change in brain chemistry which left me with severe anxiety and depression problems, which reversed themselves after stopping all of the above, plus doing Xanax once every 5 days to basically give my brain a break.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Must agree there are a few holes in the story.
    including this

"I told them I wanted to go to my car (very close by) and they didn't want that for liability reasons. I countered that I came in under my own power, that my EKG was normal, and that I had been walking around to take the various tests anyway. I also offered to sign a waiver or record a video indicating a release of liability if something happened while I walked to the car."

That is bullshite. Especially when you are paying the tab. No hospital can physically restrain you
    in such an instance. You've just been cleared for H.A. and yet they fear liability for letting you walk to your car.

I've actually done a couple of lines with the blood work team while waiting
    Another feather in the cap for Socialized medicine
    I could have voluntarily walked out but then my monitoring would be over.

I wanted the proper procedures done to check me out, but also wanted my laptop and rinse with me. I figured I could talk them into this, and I did.

Thread Information