Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In case you're wondering why I'm in the ER...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Must agree there are a few holes in the story.
    including this

"I told them I wanted to go to my car (very close by) and they didn't want that for liability reasons. I countered that I came in under my own power, that my EKG was normal, and that I had been walking around to take the various tests anyway. I also offered to sign a waiver or record a video indicating a release of liability if something happened while I walked to the car."

That is bullshite. Especially when you are paying the tab. No hospital can physically restrain you
    in such an instance. You've just been cleared for H.A. and yet they fear liability for letting you walk to your car.

I've actually done a couple of lines with the blood work team while waiting
    Another feather in the cap for Socialized medicine
    I could have voluntarily walked out but then my monitoring would be over.

I wanted the proper procedures done to check me out, but also wanted my laptop and rinse with me. I figured I could talk them into this, and I did.
    Having been through the routine three times I should know. The one time

I produced exceptional results I was "strapped" to a gurney, pumped with

certain medications and then shipped off to a hospital worthy of heart emergencies

and operated on post haste.

You wanted the proper procedures done but not without your laptop?

Believe me, your laptop comes in last when you're having a heart attack.

You know more than those who specialize? You are full of shit.

such arrogance
    Last edited by limitles; 03-04-2020 at 10:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Must agree there are a few holes in the story.
    including this

"I told them I wanted to go to my car (very close by) and they didn't want that for liability reasons. I countered that I came in under my own power, that my EKG was normal, and that I had been walking around to take the various tests anyway. I also offered to sign a waiver or record a video indicating a release of liability if something happened while I walked to the car."

That is bullshite. Especially when you are paying the tab. No hospital can physically restrain you
    in such an instance. You've just been cleared for H.A. and yet they fear liability for letting you walk to your car.

I've actually done a couple of lines with the blood work team while waiting
    Another feather in the cap for Socialized medicine

I wanted the proper procedures done to check me out, but also wanted my laptop and rinse with me. I figured I could talk them into this, and I did.
    This is also bullshit. When cleared of a H.A. but waiting for confirmation through blood tests I had no instructions

from staff with regards to walking to a washroom or cafeteria if applicable.

Not once was I told to not move after initial tests showed no problem.

Mumbles is incorrect for once.

Comments

MumblesBadly: More than once; I was wrong about Elizabeth Warren.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Having been through the routine three times I should know. The one time

I produced exceptional results I was "strapped" to a gurney, pumped with

certain medications and then shipped off to a hospital worthy of heart emergencies

and operated on post haste.

You wanted the proper procedures done but not without your laptop?

Believe me, your laptop comes in last when you're having a heart attack.

You know more than those who specialize? You are full of shit.

such arrogance
    What are you rambling about les? Do you even read what I write before popping off nonsense?

Here was the order of events:

1) I come in complaining of chest pain and left arm pain. They immediately do an EKG, chest x-ray, and blood cardiac enzyme test. EKG results are fast and come out normal. The whole time they're walking me from room to room to do this stuff.

2) They walk me to another room. I assumed I would wait for the results for the cardiac enzyme and chest x-ray, and then I'd go home if normal. Seemed this would be quick and wouldn't need laptop or anything to keep me occupied while waiting.

3) Turned out they wanted me to lie in a hospital bed for hours with a monitor on, so they could observe me, while also waiting for those test results. At that point it was highly likely I was okay (due to the normal EKG). I told them that I didn't realize this was going to be a long visit with monitoring, and I wanted both my laptop and my rinse from the car.

4) After some initial pushback, they agreed, and a nurse walked to the car with me (which was very close), and I got the stuff.

5) I used the laptop while I was being monitored, and tests also came back as normal. They released me.

Explain where any of the above was unreasonable, or where I overreacted.

Load Metric
    So what was it?

Have you sworn off second dinners at Hot Dog on a Stick?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    So what was it?

Have you sworn off second dinners at Hot Dog on a Stick?
    The Hot Dog on a Stick thing, while funny, actually had nothing to do with any of this. I posted that when I was told initially that weight gain can cause reflux which in turn causes LPR. Turned out my LPR wasn't about reflux, so the weight gain which started with that infamous second meal wasn't the cause of it. In fact, the anxiety burned off 32 pounds in like 4 weeks, so if it was the weight gain, that would have fixed the LPR. But it didn't, because the weight had nothing to do with it.

I can't swear off Hot Dog on a Stick because their lemonade is top-top.

I wish I knew it was for sale for $12 million some years back, because I would've gotten some Jews together and bought it. That would have been awesome.

Load Metric
    yo druff, when you have a moment, could you please change my username to “lyingdogfaceponysoldier”.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    yo druff, when you have a moment, could you please change my username to “lyingdogfaceponysoldier”.
    I can, but I don't think we want to destroy the Persian PFA Prostitue-Purchasing Legend that is Krypt.

Load Metric
    Full disclosure Druff and I do text occasionally and I'm one of the few posters who has his direct phone number. It usually goes like this. I'll post something that pisses Druff off and he'll text me basically yelling at me and calling me a dick. I've never met Druff or have spoken to him but I know so much about the guy having posted here and listening to the radio show that he almost feels like family which is why I feel I can post some of the strong shit that I do. I mean no ill will towards the guy, in fact, by writing the crap I do I'm trying to help him in a way.

Druff is a good guy imo and obviously I wish the best for him however there is zero chance anyone can say anything that would make me not think anxiety isn't involved here. None. I'm a rather be safe than sorry guy so I would never tell him not to go. He went once now. He goes again then maybe he has some nutbag in him. Most guys our age have been in ER at some point of their lives for chest pains that have turned out to be nothing more than anxiety or stress. Happens every day in every ER in the country.

That said, I am not a racist and am def not a high school drop out or whatever he said. I have a four year degree in Finance as proven by my stellar stock trading record. Let's see. I bought VIAC at $40 and it's now 21 or so. Been down I think maybe a hundred or so days in a row now. 1700 shares. I own maybe 25 or so stocks now and I'd guess the average is now down 20%. I can't know for sure as I'm currently afraid to open my brokerage account. I think I did well to prepare for the coronavirus as I have mostly oil , hotel and mall related shares. TCO did get bought out by SPG so I did hit one. This VIAC hurts for sure.

I bought more of VET at $9.76 last Friday at 21% yield. MO at $38.75. MPC today around $41. CVI and PTY are my plays going forward. I'm a high yield guy now apparantly. If a stock is trading at a decade high dividend yield and appears somewhat safe I'm interested. Hasn't worked out yet but it will. The most surprising part of this sell off is how well tech has held up while value got crushed. Usually value is strong at tail end of bull markets. I bought small amounts of AAPL, AVGO and AMZN so I can say I have tech.

Total net worth I'm still pretty strong only because of our incomes but holy shit has the past few years been painful as fuck in this market.

Load Metric
    I think the market goes tits up when Q1 earnings come out because these companies are forced to provide some sort of forward guidance and they will be ugly as fuck. When the big names start showing how bad it is look out. I blame Trump honestly. Not for the virus of course or even how he's handling it. I blame him for essentially forcing the fed to cut interest rates three times in the past year at market all time highs with the economy chugging along. This 50 bip drop two days ago was icing on the cake. Like they have a voting meeting in two weeks. Why shock and panic the markets early like they did. Amateur hour move. That fucker is getting what he deserves so when the stock market ends up where it was when he started his term I think we'll all know how it goes next election.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP/Pooh Fucks Rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I think the market goes tits up when Q1 earnings come out because these companies are forced to provide some sort of forward guidance and they will be ugly as fuck. When the big names start showing how bad it is look out. I blame Trump honestly. Not for the virus of course or even how he's handling it. I blame him for essentially forcing the fed to cut interest rates three times in the past year at market all time highs with the economy chugging along. This 50 bip drop two days ago was icing on the cake. Like they have a voting meeting in two weeks. Why shock and panic the markets early like they did. Amateur hour move. That fucker is getting what he deserves so when the stock market ends up where it was when he started his term I think we'll all know how it goes next election.

they're doing another rate cut within 2 weeks which leaves them with 2 bullets to deal with the bear.

also its hard to believe the nightly repo liquidity injections arent somehow trump's will. give an engine enough fuel and it floods.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

they're doing another rate cut within 2 weeks which leaves them with 2 bullets to deal with the bear.

also its hard to believe the nightly repo liquidity injections arent somehow trump's will. give an engine enough fuel and it floods.
    Name:  15823DBE-D638-448E-A797-571AE9AAD212.jpeg
Views: 336
Size:  84.6 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

They have other avenues they can and will use but yeah their gun is pretty empty here. Bigly mistake.

Load Metric
    Most guys our age have been in ER at some point of their lives for chest pains that have turned out to be nothing more than anxiety or stress.
    comfort yourself however you like, but this is not anywhere close to true.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Most guys our age have been in ER at some point of their lives for chest pains that have turned out to be nothing more than anxiety or stress.
    Were you sitting on a cucumber as you typed this?

https://bmcemergmed.biomedcentral.co...873-018-0161-x

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Pooh and I had a discussion back and forth via text this morning. It was a very bizarre talk, as he conceded that it made sense to go to the ER given my symptoms, but said it was still "likely anxiety".

So I asked him how it was possible I was correct to go AND it being anxiety. Usually anxiety-driven ER visits involve people who go out of panic when there's no medical justification to visit. Here even Pooh conceded that I should have gone. I asked if he thought the symptoms themselves were a result of anxiety, and he couldn't really answer that.

So what did the supposed anxiety cause here? My shoulder pain? That would make no sense. The chest pain? That came two days after the shoulder pain started, and I wasn't even slightly concerned about the shoulder pain being something serious, so that definitely wasn't anxiety-related either. My fear of heart issues only came AFTER I noticed the left shoulder and chest pain combo.

But perhaps the biggest indication that this WASN'T anxiety came from the fact that my anxiety is about 90-95% gone these days, yet I never went to the ER when it was its severe level in 2018. I also never thought I was having heart problems in 2018, even at my very worst point. If anxiety was going to push me to the ER, it would have happened back then, not today when my anxiety is very mild and mostly gone.

Load Metric

Pooh and I had a discussion back and forth via text this morning. It was a very bizarre talk, as he conceded that it made sense to go to the ER given my symptoms, but said it was still "likely anxiety".

So I asked him how it was possible I was correct to go AND it being anxiety. Usually anxiety-driven ER visits involve people who go out of panic when there's no medical justification to visit. Here even Pooh conceded that I should have gone. I asked if he thought the symptoms themselves were a result of anxiety, and he couldn't really answer that.

So what did the supposed anxiety cause here? My shoulder pain? That would make no sense. The chest pain? That came two days after the shoulder pain started, and I wasn't even slightly concerned about the shoulder pain being something serious, so that definitely wasn't anxiety-related either. My fear of heart issues only came AFTER I noticed the left shoulder and chest pain combo.

But perhaps the biggest indication that this WASN'T anxiety came from the fact that my anxiety is about 90-95% gone these days, yet I never went to the ER when it was its severe level in 2018. I also never thought I was having heart problems in 2018, even at my very worst point. If anxiety was going to push me to the ER, it would have happened back then, not today when my anxiety is very mild and mostly gone.
    Let's be honest here Druff. Our discussion didn't exactly go how you presented it. I did say it's better being safe than sorry. That's for both your mental well being and in the off chance you were having a cardiac event. Do your homework on anxiety related ER visits. Chest pains buddy. That's what does them in and is caused by anxiety. You're so out of shape for your age you likely have many random pains everywhere on your body. This one happened to be in your left arm. lol listen to yourself dude. You've been trying to justify your visit to the ER for days now begging people to believe you were maybe having some event. You weren't. Get your fucking records from the ER it probably says most likely caused by anxiety or stress. Fuck man.

Here's your deal and I can read it a mile away. You're scared shitless this anxiety comes back in any form. You'd probably rather have a heart attack than what you went throw a couple years ago. This is the reason you are discarding my theory out of hand. The others on here who have had anxiety issues (besides myself) have all said yeah Druff, probably some sort of anxiety was involved here. If you want to deny it go for it I don't give a fuck. Just don't misconstrue what we discussed. Granted I woke up to these angry fucking texts you sent me so keep that in mind too.

Load Metric
    I wake up this morning and literally the first thing I see are two messages from my man Druff ripping me a new asspipe for talking shit about him on the internet. I'm thinking to myself jesus christ I come to the site like once a month why did I even bother responding in that thread lol. It's all good though.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: pooh is not a racist:lolz

Load Metric
    Your symptoms are anywhere from Lou Gehrig's disease to something related to the nervous system. Maybe something in between. But having random numbness in your shoulder, lets face it, it's dangerous and you need to see a neurologist. Not sure why you are going to random ER people.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Your symptoms are anywhere from Lou Gehrig's disease to something related to the nervous system. Maybe something in between. But having random numbness in your shoulder, lets face it, it's dangerous and you need to see a neurologist. Not sure why you are going to random ER people.
    Dude don't put that nonsense in the guy's head.

Load Metric
    Bro I can't be a racist Sobchak is one of my favorite posters on here.

Thread Information