Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In case you're wondering why I'm in the ER...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

In case you're wondering why I'm in the ER...

I mentioned in the coronavirus thread that I went to the ER.

This is because I've been having weird issues since Saturday. Stomach issues, fatigue, body aches, and most perplexing, terrible left shoulder pain.

Today the left shoulder pain became worse AND chest pain developed, so since that can be the sign of heart trouble, I went to the ER (which I normally avoid as much as possible). I need to be especially careful regarding possible heart issue because I'm a tall male over 200 pounds, and I'm in the age range where it can start happening.

I'm there right now. Everything came back normal. However, I didn't realize when I went that it would be hours long, and that they'd be putting me in a bed and monitoring me. I had brought some stuff with me, including my laptop, which I really wanted out of my car. I would have gotten it, but they surprised me after all the tests by calling me back one more time and leading me to the bed.

I told them I wanted to go to my car (very close by) and they didn't want that for liability reasons. I countered that I came in under my own power, that my EKG was normal, and that I had been walking around to take the various tests anyway. I also offered to sign a waiver or record a video indicating a release of liability if something happened while I walked to the car.

We compromised and they sent a nurse with me to go to the car. I also needed my Biotene rinse out of there because my throat had the usual lump feeling, so it wasn't just about my computer.

Why did I want the computer so badly? Because I'm alone here and knew I'd be super bored.

Anyway, I played Ignition and won $1400, so hopefully that pays for my hospital bill. Probably won't.

Comments

Neverheeb: Ignition brag thread rep :P Get well soon d00d

FRANKRIZZO: nice score

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

This is because I've been having weird issues since Saturday. Stomach issues, fatigue, body aches, and most perplexing, terrible left shoulder pain.

Today the left shoulder pain became worse AND chest pain developed, so since that can be the sign of heart trouble, I went to the ER (which I normally avoid as much as possible). I need to be especially careful regarding possible heart issue because I'm a tall male over 200 pounds, and I'm in the age range where it can start happening.

I'm there right now. Everything came back normal. However, I didn't realize when I went that it would be hours long, and that they'd be putting me in a bed and monitoring me. I had brought some stuff with me, including my laptop, which I really wanted out of my car. I would have gotten it, but they surprised me after all the tests by calling me back one more time and leading me to the bed.

I told them I wanted to go to my car (very close by) and they didn't want that for liability reasons. I countered that I came in under my own power, that my EKG was normal, and that I had been walking around to take the various tests anyway. I also offered to sign a waiver or record a video indicating a release of liability if something happened while I walked to the car.

We compromised and they sent a nurse with me to go to the car. I also needed my Biotene rinse out of there because my throat had the usual lump feeling, so it wasn't just about my computer.

Why did I want the computer so badly? Because I'm alone here and knew I'd be super bored.

Anyway, I played Ignition and won $1400, so hopefully that pays for my hospital bill. Probably won't.
    A new way that anxiety is showing up?

Feel Better!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    druff went to commerce and got super AIDS...

Load Metric

Just get you’re testosterone checked, I bet your low. It will help you a lot. Make sure you see a dr that actually knows what a low test level is for your age.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hospital bill? Put you in a bed?

I know the procedures as I've been to ER for suspected heart attacks and one real.

The best thing about these visits is you’re treated like the Prime Minister.

If the initial tests are negative you then must wait for two separate sets

of blood tests to confirm there was no attack at all. That's where the waiting comes in.

No need at all to put you in a bed while waiting for the all clear blood results.

Oh Canada.

Glad it wasn’t the big one. You'll know it when it comes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawingdead View Post

Just get you’re testosterone checked, I bet your low. It will help you a lot. Make sure you see a dr that actually knows what a low test level is for your age.
    It was temporarily low in 2018 when I had all those issues, but a lot of my levels were screwy around that time.

It was back to normal last time it was tested, in late 2019, without any treatment.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

I know the procedures as I've been to ER for suspected heart attacks and one real.

of blood tests to confirm there was no attack at all. That's where the waiting comes in.

No need at all to put you in a bed while waiting for the all clear blood results.

Oh Canada.

Strangely enough they only did one blood cardiac enzyme test and then just monitored me for 2 hours. Oh and there was an EKG and chest x-Ray.

At this point I'm not concerned so I didn't bother to ask for a second one.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Oh Canada.

Strangely enough they only did one blood cardiac enzyme test and then just monitored me for 2 hours. Oh and there was an EKG and chest x-Ray.

At this point I'm not concerned so I didn't bother to ask for a second one.
    Yep those are the exact tests each time except two blood tests so the wait is four hours

Load Metric
    please send BCR your admin password just in case.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If I had to guess, this is some type of virus and I separately re-injured my shoulder in my sleep. Too bad it wasn't the right side, then I wouldn't have been concerned.

Hospital bill is going to suck but at least I have no deductible.

I'm probably the first patient they've had who played Limit Holdem while his heart was being monitored.

Load Metric
    funny, i went through a similar shoulder thing recently. my guess is i hyper extended it while carrying firewood into the house with one hand. it hurt like hell for about a month straight and only in the last 48 hours does it feel normal again.

so basically i gave your shoulder my aids.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    please send BCR your admin password just in case.
    I think belly buster would be a better choice than the guy whose only solution to a technical glitch is to turn it off and back on.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Best Practices Never Fail Rep

Load Metric
    Get well Todd. Glad it isn’t anything heart-related

Load Metric
    U need checked for Lyme disease and if that negative autoimmune disorders.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Isn't coronavirus testing mandatory in CA hospitals now? Hope everything works out well for ya Sir.

Load Metric
    Glad to hear you are good, how long is the hosting paid up for? LOL

Load Metric
    If I had to guess, this is some type of virus and I separately re-injured my shoulder in my sleep. Too bad it wasn't the right side, then I wouldn't have been concerned.

Hospital bill is going to suck but at least I have no deductible.

I'm probably the first patient they've had who played Limit Holdem while his heart was being monitored.
    Whaaat? No deductible? I am shocked you would pay the higher premiums rather than gamble with a high or even reasonable deductible. Definitely not a Jew move.

Load Metric

It was temporarily low in 2018 when I had all those issues, but a lot of my levels were screwy around that time.

It was back to normal last time it was tested, in late 2019, without any treatment.
    What was considered normal? Your almost 50 I believe you should still be around 550-500. I had a lot of weird issues like your always having and after I got my test levels fixed I haven’t had single issue. I don’t get the placebo effect when I take medication, testosterone genuinely changed the quality of my life.

Load Metric
    Hope your AIDS get better before you die

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

What was considered normal? Your almost 50 I believe you should still be around 550-500. I had a lot of weird issues like your always having and after I got my test levels fixed I haven’t had single issue. I don’t get the placebo effect when I take medication, testosterone genuinely changed the quality of my life.

And soon bringing its own set of problems, hi I'm old and sluggish can you give me more energy and increased risk of a heart attack, clots, stroke etc etc etc Its all the rage!

Thread Information