Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PokerFraudAlert turns 8 years old today

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Since there's some interest in the girls in the pic by some of the noobs unfamiliar with the community, I'll give you some brief info about each one.

The one on the left (in red) was Nicole_is_Nice, who found Neverwinpoker (a predecessor forum to this one) during the poker boom. I don't even think she played poker, so I'm not sure what led her there. She eventually dated Brandon "Drexel" Gerson for awhile, who currently sometimes co-hosts PFA Radio (including the end of the last episode).

The next one (in the grey-and-white patterned dress) went by "Silence" on NWP, real name Mariealena. She was a longtime Atlantic City poker pro, and eventually married the guy standing next to her (John D'Agostino). They're still together and have kids. She's 12 years older than John, and was 37 in that picture. It's not really fair to compare her looks to the other women in the pic, as all of them were in their 20s at the time. She was hosting the party where this picture was taken.

The next one was Martha, whose face can only be seen. To explain Martha, I have to explain Micon. Bryan Micon was the one who started Neverwinpoker. Find me on the top left, and move over two, and he's the guy in the glasses. He and I were good friends, but had a falling out in 2011, and don't talk anymore. Martha was his married neighbor in Georgia, where he used to live, and Micon was also married. Both Micon and Martha were unhappy in their marriages, and cheated with each other. Unbeknownst to Micon, his wife was also cheating on him. The only one apparently not getting extramarital action in this story was Martha's husband. Sad! Anyway, Micon and Martha ended up together, and got married. They then moved out to Vegas in 2007. I initially got along with Martha well, but over time we started to have some issues, and she really got to dislike me. This was a big factor in my later strife with Micon. She eventually came to hate Brandon, as well, who was even better friends with Micon than I was. They're still together, and have a kid.

The girl on the right was Tiffany Michelle. She is/was an actress who got occasional bit parts, but like most actresses in LA, never broke out. Not sure how she found poker, but she appeared on the scene in 2006, and eventually became a Pokernews reporter. She got Tony G (then-owner of Pokernews) to buy her in to the 2008 WSOP Main Event, which Tony just did to be nice. To everyone's shock, Tiffany luckboxed herself all the way to 17th place and a 6-figure payout. To this date, she's still the fourth-highest finishing female in the Main Event of all time. She then parlayed this into a series of media appearances and being a contestant on the show "The Amazing Race". Not sure what she's doing now. I know she doesn't play anymore. Tiffany wasn't a bad person, but was notoriously self-centered. She used to google herself daily, and would only show up on NWP in threads which had to do with her. People started fucking with her by writing "Tiffany Michelle" randomly in their NWP posts, so she'd go there and then realize it had nothing to do with her. I always attributed her self-centeredness to the fact that she was homeschooled. The biggest problem with homeschooling your kids is that you deprive them of the lesson that they're not special, and the world doesn't revolve around them. It's something they have to learn by example, and you can't just teach them at home. Tiffany constantly operated in a fashion that only she mattered, and that turned some people off.

There you go.

Keep in mind that it's been 13 years since that pic was taken, and everyone there looks somewhat different by now, myself included.

Comments

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Very interesting

Load Metric
    Thanks Druff for all that you do and for providing this service to all of us. I am a strange case because when forums were bigger years ago, I never joined one. I was a pretty regular listener to the radio show for a good year before I even checked out the forum. I guess I am lazy/lack intellectual curiosity.

Although I do stick to a few threads for the most part, I can see how you can build a rapport with people that you never even met. I know many on this forum do know each other in real life. This set-up in a way keeps people “in touch” far more than any form of social media. I think that is probably the best part about it. People lose touch with each other as time goes on and this forum serves as a way to kind of keep that bond together.

Sure things aren’t perfect. Someone can just cause unpleasantness for no good reason if they wish. Things can be misinterpreted and blown out of proportion. In some cases it can go the other way and things can go south between old friends.

All and all it is a huge net positive. I think particularly during the pandemic the forum has really provided a service that people have leaned on just a bit harder. So thanks again Druff. It’s been a great experience. I am glad I joined.

Comments

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024:

Dan Druff: you're one of the good new posters, for sure

Thread Information