Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Five Guys Underrated?

Load Metric
    can you fucking retarded poors stop with the over priced nonsense this is literally about a fucking 12 year old armenian kid calling five guys underrated in 2020 when its obviously not

Load Metric
    Burgers are pretty decent, but I don't really like anything else there. I do like the variety of toppings you can get on your burger.

I've tried the cajun fries a few times and they've always been so overly seasoned that you feel like you're just eating dry spices. You need a family of four to consume what they consider an order of fries, so that's another reason I rarely get them.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by KidPresentable View Post
    Burgers are pretty decent, but I don't really like anything else there. I do like the variety of toppings you can get on your burger.

I've tried the cajun fries a few times and they've always been so overly seasoned that you feel like you're just eating dry spices. You need a family of four to consume what they consider an order of fries, so that's another reason I rarely get them.
    Can confirm all of this is true.

Burgers are good.

Fries tend to be either soggy, overcooked, or overspiced.

Single order of fries too big even for a guy who eats 4 meals at once on Live at the Bike.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Speaking of fries, I have no idea how McDonald's fries are so good when everything else there is crap.

They were my long-running favorite fast food fries but Farmer Boys has overtaken them.

In-N-Out wins the "fries variance" award, as they run the entire range of awful to great, depending upon a variety of factors. However, one of those factors is warmth, as those fries are thin and get cold quickly, and once cold they taste like crap.

But I actually feel best giving my business to In-N-Out because I love their business model. They overpay their workers, they treat customers super well, they won't franchise, they fire assholes and lazy fuckups, and they remain consistently profitable. How can you not love them? Unless you despise Christian conservatives, of course.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Right back to food eh?

Fucking Yanks

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KidPresentable View Post

Can confirm all of this is true.

Burgers are good.

Fries tend to be either soggy, overcooked, or overspiced.

Single order of fries too big even for a guy who eats 4 meals at once on Live at the Bike.
    This. And the fact that OSA wants to have a grilled cheese as an "appetizer" before stuffing his face with this stuff makes me physically ill.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dmndkutr View Post
    Five Guys is overpriced. Give me Portillo’s over them every time.
    Never had a Portillos burger. Please desribe.

Load Metric
    Speaking of fries, I have no idea how McDonald's fries are so good when everything else there is crap.
    Just like they have their own ketchup, they have their own potatoes grown specifically for them. They must have found some iteration of one at some point and perfected it/the soil/etc.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Just like they have their own ketchup, they have their own potatoes grown specifically for them. They must have found some iteration of one at some point and perfected it/the soil/etc.
    Good guess coffee boy. Just like KFC has it's special chicken

"Even though the fries are dipped in various ingredients, fried and frozen, Imahara discovers that they do come from real potatoes. McDonald's uses a variety of potatoes, including Ranger Russet, Umatilla Russet, Russet Burbank and Shepody. And according to Neher in the video, McDonald's does not use GMO (genetically modified organism) potatoes for its french fries."

Name:  Fries.png
Views: 426
Size:  403.7 KB

https://www.cnet.com/news/former-mythbuster-goes-on-mcdonalds-french-fry-fact-finding-hunt/

Tellafriek owns a head. No, not even one.

He's just been called out for being an ignorant coffee conveyor and he shit's his pants
    with zero logic. You don't own your own underwear.

Comments

Tellafriend: I own your head.
    Last edited by limitles; 02-29-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Load Metric
    Shout out to Burbank potatoes the goat airport

Load Metric
    I wouldn't cross the street to go to In-n-Out. My daughters dragged me there when we were in Vegas & just don't get the appeal. We had to leave the strip to go there too.

I much prefer A&W or Wendy's. Been to a 5 Guys here in Canada, again my daughters dragged me there, & thought it was at least on A&W's level. I'd go back.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    I wouldn't cross the street to go to In-n-Out. My daughters dragged me there when we were in Vegas & just don't get the appeal. We had to leave the strip to go there too.

I much prefer A&W or Wendy's. Been to a 5 Guys here in Canada, again my daughters dragged me there, & thought it was at least on A&W's level. I'd go back.
    There's an In-n-Out on the strip. I like it because it's not as greasy as the other guys

Load Metric
    If you prefer Wendy's to in n out on a food level and not a waiting for 25 minutes level isn't always great ur an idiot

Comments

SPIT this: sad but true

Load Metric

I visited Canada and thought A&W was pretty good. Didn't really like their fries or rings. But I was amazed that a fast food place had actual glass mugs for root beer, they kept them frozen, and every refill they'd give you a new frosty one. Impressive. They also had hot dogs which I didn't try but I saw someone with a chilli cheese dog and thought I'd try that another time.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post

There's an In-n-Out on the strip. I like it because it's not as greasy as the other guys
    We'll go there after the what have you. Some burgers, some brews, a few laughs... our fuckin' troubles are over, Dude.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Like everyone said, it’s good but overpriced. They give you a shitload of fries though which are ok at best, but there’s a shitload so fuckin a. If you ever go to San Diego hit up Hodads, you’re welcome.
    Last edited by nightmarefish; 02-29-2020 at 07:34 PM.

Load Metric
    We've all seen the diners drive ins and dive episode so calm down nerd

Comments

KidPresentable:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Shout out to Burbank potatoes the goat airport
    Long Beach tho

Load Metric
    What kind of human trash flys domestic out of long beach get ur fucking life together

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    It’s a consistently good burger for a fast casual outing, and yet it doesn’t seem to have a cult like following a la in n out. The fries are adequate, though admittedly not my favorite menu item. The milkshake is very good (vanilla choc swirl) and you can find one pretty much anywhere you go, so you should never have to relegate yourself to a burger from mcd, wendys, etc.
    No, it's poor people shit. Literally nothing about it is really that great, and if you have to compare it to mcd, wendys etc, well, nobody with any level of sophistication(which you claim to have) would eat at those places without being ironic.

Thread Information