Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Mayor Pete's campaign manager run a fake Nigerian Twitter account pretending to support him?

Diamond
    Load Metric

Did Mayor Pete's campaign manager run a fake Nigerian Twitter account pretending to support him?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    PETE IS SFBAD WHAT KIND OF FKN FREAK TRIES TO BE PRESIDENT IN HIS 30s. groomed politician trash obv

is there anybody here that's even a pete supporter besides the millennial drone trash maybe??

Comments

SetofKs: Dials, can you meet me on the astral plane? We need to discuss something very private.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

i may not like peta but ima ride his ass as far..then do a 180 and slap him around when he's of no use.

he's outperformed and i expect him to garner more votes than peeps think in the next 2 states.

#get woke
    #progress
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

i may not like peta but ima ride his ass as far..then do a 180 and slap him around when he's of no use.

he's outperformed and i expect him to garner more votes than peeps think in the next 2 states.

#get woke
    #progress

10/1 to win Nevada or u thinking this one....?

https://www.predictit.org/markets/de...ratic-caucuses

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    PETE IS SFBAD WHAT KIND OF FKN FREAK TRIES TO BE PRESIDENT IN HIS 30s. groomed politician trash obv

is there anybody here that's even a pete supporter besides the millennial drone trash maybe??

LOL ANOTHER THREAD STARTED BY DRUFF SO I CAN MAKE FUN OF DUPED_BY_SMOLLETT, NICE

Load Metric
    Maybe the more fundamental question is, are there any real Nigerian Twitter accounts?

And why would anyone think it would help for a Nigerian Twitter account to endorse you?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I moved this to its own thread, because I think it's worth a discussion on its own.

Lis Smith was an unheralded Democratic political operative with a whole lot of talent. She got a hold of Mayor Pete and his Presidential aspirations, saw some potential, and turned that small city mayor into a star. A lot of Pete's rise from Iowa nobody into the current Democratic delegate leader can be credited to Lis.

Here's a profile on her: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...-campaign.html

She also dated this guy at one point:

There was a "Nigerian" account named "easychinedu" on Twitter, which claimed to be a huge Pete supporter. Then this tweet happened:

Shortly after that, both Lis and the Chinedu accounts tweeted about the scandal -- within 1 minute of each other.

Then Chinedu's account was deleted entirely.

A pro-Pete Buzzfeed article attempts to explain away that Chinedu was sarcastically pretending to be Lis, and didn't expect people to take it seriously. It also claims to have identified Chinedu, and that they've spoken to him. However, that is meaningless because Smith could have found a Nigerian man to take credit for owning the account, and in fact even if he did own it, that doesn't mean he wasn't sharing it with Lis for political promotional purposes.

Then there's also the fact that "Chinedu" seemed to be very pro-Lis in previous tweets he's written, mentioning her far more than you'd expect if he were real.

Name:  lis.png
Views: 540
Size:  200.4 KB

Then there was a little mistake involving time zones. At 8am PST, Chinedu tweeted "today I woke up to find...", when it was 5pm in Nigeria. Oops!!!

There's one other problem that hasn't been mentioned in any articles I've read. The Chinedu tweets do not seem to have come from a Nigerian man, using lots of American phrases which are not all that likely to be used by a foreigner, such as "I'll take any on a Sunday", "Debate day is gonna be lit", "prepping our boy so well", and even "Yikes". While the official language of Nigeria is English, could you picture yourself going to Nigeria and hearing any of the above phrases being uttered by natives there?

This by itself wouldn't be a huge deal, but given Pete'e existing problem attracting the black vote, this now looks even worse for him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Apparently Lis also used the account to defend against critics and praise herself.

Load Metric
    its also linked to a facebook account but since no one is bothering to do their homework im not going to sit here and do it for you.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Slate just had a video conversation with "Chinedu".

However, as I said, that means nothing. It wouldn't at all be surprising if Chinedu is real, but that most of the tweets came from Lis.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...lis-smith.html

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Slate just had a video conversation with "Chinedu".

However, as I said, that means nothing. It wouldn't at all be surprising if Chinedu is real, but that most of the tweets came from Lis.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...lis-smith.html

Think that guy's from fiverr

Comments

zealanddonk: Jasep how could you rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    His explanation in the slate interview is really, really weak.

So basically, if you follow the Pete campaign, they have something they call like the phases. Phase One is, like, getting Pete known. Phase Two was building the ground organization. And then Phase Three was striking contrast, I think. I’m not 100 percent sure. But that was when Pete started making contrasts with Elizabeth Warren about Medicare. And then Phase Four was pretty much about getting out the vote. That was just before the Iowa caucus.

And essentially what happened was I read a campaign email on Twitter that said, “I’m Liz. You know, this is Phase Four.” And, you know, in the Team Pete community, everybody has been waiting for Phase Four because Phase Three was in October or something. So when this came out, everybody was excited, you know, so I was just having a little fun and joking about it, trying to rally the troops to get out and phone bank.

I just said, “Hi, it’s Lis Smith. It’s time to leave it all out”—you know. The way she phrased it was kind of interesting to me. So I thought it would be funny. And obviously the people that I follow on Twitter know that I’m not Lis Smith. So it was kind of just a joke for other supporters. But then, you can imagine, I just get back to Twitter after a few hours and everyone’s saying I’m Lis Smith or, you know, that Lis Smith is controlling me or it’s a fake Nigerian account. I can assure you that this is Nigeria and I’m supporting Pete.

So he's trying to say that he read a campaign e-mail from Lis Smith saying that it's time for Phase Four, and decided to would post the same thing, except to say he was Lis. The reason? "It would be funny." Except he didn't explain why it would be so funny to say he was Lis when discussing a serious campaign matter (that they need phone bankers to step up), nor had anyone accused him of being Lis prior to that (so he can't say he was just going along with ridiculous accusations).

If I had to guess, I'd say that Lis paid certain existing Twitter account holders -- perhaps existing Mayor Pete supporters -- to let her (or staff members) tweet out pro-Pete stuff.

Converted real accounts are much more effective than sockpuppet fake accounts, because the real accounts have existing credibility. Russian agents were accused of doing something similar in the 2016 election -- phishing/hacking existing social media accounts, and then taking them over to post pro-Trump propaganda. It's unlikely that Lis Smith hacked anything, but it wouldn't be surprising at all if she convinced existing account holders to give her access -- especially if they were paid.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    There's one other problem that hasn't been mentioned in any articles I've read. The Chinedu tweets do not seem to have come from a Nigerian man, using lots of American phrases which are not all that likely to be used by a foreigner, such as 'I'll take any on a Sunday", "Debate day is gonna be lit", "prepping our boy so well", and even "Yikes". While the official language of Nigeria is English, could you picture yourself going to Nigeria and hearing any of the above phrases being uttered by natives there?
    Yes, I absolutely could picture myself having a conversation with a Nigerian person who spends hours every day on twitter consuming American culture and hearing him utter common American idioms.

I mean, I don't trust Pete's campaign at all so it could be a sock puppet, but not because he posts like he's speaking colloquial American English.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Binklage View Post
    There's one other problem that hasn't been mentioned in any articles I've read. The Chinedu tweets do not seem to have come from a Nigerian man, using lots of American phrases which are not all that likely to be used by a foreigner, such as 'I'll take any on a Sunday", "Debate day is gonna be lit", "prepping our boy so well", and even "Yikes". While the official language of Nigeria is English, could you picture yourself going to Nigeria and hearing any of the above phrases being uttered by natives there?
    Yes, I absolutely could picture myself having a conversation with a Nigerian person who spends hours every day on twitter consuming American culture and hearing him utter common American idioms.

I mean, I don't trust Pete's campaign at all so it could be a sock puppet, but not because he posts like he's speaking colloquial American English.
    The problem is that the language was written like that of a white American trying to write like a black American. I read more of Twitter since my original post and others noticed the same thing I did. It just doesn't appear to be coming from a Nigerian.

By itself, that's not enough evidence, but combined with everything else, that's another piece to add to the pile.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Apparently Lis also used the account to defend against critics and praise herself.

Hey that sounds like you and your radio show

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There are also now conspiracy theories that a political enemy of Mayor Pete's -- such as a Bernie Bro or a Trump supporter -- made the account awhile ago, with the exact plan of eventually making this "mistake" and thereby discredting Lis Smith.

Would be an excellent fifth-level troll if true, but I doubt it.

Load Metric
    Pete Buttigieg is not the only one who likes it up the ass.

He's guilty but didn't Joe Biden do something similar?

Last edited by TheXFactor; 02-16-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This basically says the same thing as the other articles I posted.

However, it did mention that the Chinedu account just got re-activated, and he supposedly posted this LOL tweet:

Also, notice that the account is "easychineduu" with an extra "u", so I'm not even sure if that's actually him, or just some troll who fooled gizmodo. (It's looking more like the latter, making gizmodo look really stupid.)

Still, I'm not convinced. I still see it as very likely that he shared the account with Lis, and since then he's taken it back completely for himself (obviously with her blessing).

He's blaming this scandal on "Bernie bro's".

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Would straight Americans like Mayor Pete more if he was a top or is it of no significance either way?

Thread Information