Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sprint T-Mobile merger thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Really? Werenít you away for months at a time working? How did you talk to your family?
    Is this a serious question?

Telephones still exist.

& the longest stretch I was away from home was 3 weeks.
    No, I was serous. I thought I recalled you working remote in oil and gas industry or something like that. I guess I have the wrong vision in my head of a Canadian drilling site. I truly donít know a person without a cell phone whether 18 or 75. It wasnít a dig. Iím not exactly young and iirc youíre only a few years older than I am. I just donít see why anyone wouldnít have one if only to have a more private conversation, and if you break down while driving. Just a standard throwaway.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

Is this a serious question?

Telephones still exist.

& the longest stretch I was away from home was 3 weeks.
    No, I was serous. I thought I recalled you working remote in oil and gas industry or something like that. I guess I have the wrong vision in my head of a Canadian drilling site. I truly don’t know a person without a cell phone whether 18 or 75. It wasn’t a dig. I’m not exactly young and iirc you’re only a few years older than I am. I just don’t see why anyone wouldn’t have one if only to have a more private conversation, and if you break down while driving. Just a standard throwaway.
    You recalled correctly. I worked in the oil & gas industry & lived in a camp situation but it wasn't a "drilling site" but rather a production site after infrastructure would have been in place. The camps are normally pretty nice & the ones I stayed in were almost like a hotel so I had my own private room with my own private phone as well as a phone in my control room while I was at work & not at camp. We also had computers & Skype too so we were never in danger of being out of communication.

I refuse to get my own phone now because I worked for many years in the industry when cell phones were just coming into vogue & I was on call & got called at all hours of the day & night & got sick of people calling because they were too stupid to plan anything & used their phone to try to micro-manage every little detail like it's some kind of important thing when it is not. Too many people think that because they are on the other end of a cell phone what they are saying is important for some reason.

My wife does have a phone though so when we are traveling together we are covered. I broke down & such while driving before the invention of cell phones & survived so that doesn't even register as a real concern to me. It's all a matter of perspective.

Comments

BCR:
    (ē_ē) ..
    ∫\ \___( ē_ē)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information