Poker Mavens is an inexpensive piece of poker software which runs on Windows machines, and allows anyone with Windows and an internet connection to run their own poker room.

Information is here: https://www.briggsoft.com/pmavens.htm

It is used for a lot of real money "underground" poker rooms, which advertise themselves as safe and secure.

PokerFraudAlert runs Poker Mavens software. That's what we use for our NoFraud Online Poker room, which you can find near the top of the screen on the "NoFraud Online Poker" tab. Our poker room is used only for play money and freerolls, so there's no way to lose or get cheated.

However, it has recently been demonstrated to me that it is possible to modify Poker Mavens to allow anyone to be able to see all hole cards at the table!

When I say "anyone", I mean that the person running the software has to install a file on the server, and then provide access to anyone he wants (himself, friends, etc) to this card monitoring tool. I was not given information on how it works from a technical standpoint, but it was demonstrated for me on a test Poker Mavens setup.

Here are two screen shots.

Name:  maven3.png
Views: 10330
Size:  473.5 KB

Name:  maven2.png
Views: 9553
Size:  330.6 KB

This tool is being sold to those running Poker Mavens software as a way to cheat players!

It is impossible for players to be able to tell if this tool is running or not. You should STOP PLAYING IMMEDIATELY on all real money underground poker rooms running Poker Mavens software. It is clearly NOT SECURE from tampering!

I just saw this with my own eyes during this demo.

To be clear, it does not appear outsiders can hack the Poker Mavens software, but that a tool exists for sale which allows INSIDERS to install a monitoring tool (similar to the one used on AP and UB) to see everyone's hole cards.