Dune is the best selling Sci-fi novel of all time. Movie adaptation by Denis Villeneuve (directed Blade Runner 2049, Sicario, Arrival) slated to be released December 2020. Not much about the film is really known, as no images of the actual film have been released yet. But just a few days ago, some preview footage was shown to a small group of industry insiders and has already been hailed as “epic.” According to one of the viewers:
As a follow-up re my opinion on new Dune based only on the footage I saw (since people are curious), I think this will blow people away the way LOTR did 20 years ago, the way Star Wars did 40 years ago. It's not Jodorowsky or Lynch, but maybe Villeneuve has filmed the un-filmable.
Of course this won’t be the first time Dune fans have been cockteased. Alejandro Jodorosky’s Dune is often cited as the greatest movie to never have been made, and was the subject of an award winning documentary. Nevertheless, David Lynch finally the sci-fi masterwork in the 80’s and received mixed reviews (at best). Now we’re left with Villeneuve’s vision and direction. The music will be done by Hans Zimmer and the cast is certainly composed of an eclectic bunch. Here’s what we know as of now:

Name:  r4sv4gki6qm21.jpg
Views: 1637
Size:  548.3 KB