Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2020 Galfond Challenge Thread

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

How long until Veni accuses Phil of cheating, via his friends?
    I think anyone in veni’s spot would have to be thinking what the hell is going on here, Saturday some guy coving the match said Phil has been in the lab, His bet sizing is different, I think like most people Phil is a honest person but let’s not fool ourselves here, Millions on the line and maybe more important to Phil his poker and training site, Really think he is being ghosted, Which might not even be against the rules
    Whole thing seems shady. I don't think the early domination in the 1st group of sessions was from variance.

It's hard for me to imagine this 2nd round of sessions is on the square.

Comments

sah_24: Then you don't understand much about PLO ...

Load Metric
    I guess veni has once again decided to take off until Thursday, Roomers are veni is trying to switch the match over to stars, This is very telling as to his mindset, He obviously thinks the fix is in on runitonce, He believes he is being cheated, Rightfully so at this point
    -Allergic to the struggle

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I guess veni has once again decided to take off until Thursday, Roomers are veni is trying to switch the match over to stars, This is very telling as to his mindset, He obviously thinks the fix is in on runitonce, He believes he is being cheated, Rightfully so at this point
    Brandon Adams, who goes back farther in poker than any of these guys, was the only smart one who refused to play this shit on Run It Once. He said he's only playing live.

Load Metric
    i have no idea of pokerstars rake schedule anymore, and I never played at those levels anyway, but had phil and vivendi played 25K hands heads up at £100/£200 PLO, how much in rake do you think they would've end up paying?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    i have no idea of pokerstars rake schedule anymore, and I never played at those levels anyway, but had phil and vivendi played 25K hands heads up at £100/£200 PLO, how much in rake do you think they would've end up paying?
    I don't know, either.

However, they could have played play money or microstakes (well, provided they could get a HU table, which I'm not sure is possible) and then settled up after.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: forgot about play money tables, easy solution.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    if im not mistaken there's not such thing as strict HU on stars anymore...

pretty sure they do all their heads up action in both NLHE and PLO via zoom pools so you are constantly getting new opponents if there are other people in the pool...plus stacks would always be switching around even if you were the only two in the pool...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I don't know, either.

However, they could have played play money or microstakes (well, provided they could get a HU table, which I'm not sure is possible) and then settled up after.
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    if im not mistaken there's not such thing as strict HU on stars anymore...

pretty sure they do all their heads up action in both NLHE and PLO via zoom pools so you are constantly getting new opponents if there are other people in the pool...plus stacks would always be switching around even if you were the only two in the pool...
    Even if not at Stars, they could probably find some other site to do this at microstakes or play money where HU tables exist, especially with both being outside the US and having far more choices.

I really hope VeniVidi demands to play the rest out elsewhere, and we get to see how this plays out on a site other than Run It Once.

Of course, if Phil is being ghosted or is running a solver (or has already analyzed Veni's style for weakness), this won't change anything.

Comments

4BET: Right changing sites will only matter if software issue

Load Metric
    Not sure if stars does have HU any more, Maybe party poker does, As mentioned probably really don’t matter what site they move to, Veni just wants to get off of runitonce it seems. They other day phil won every all in to begin the day, Jumped up 160k, I know variance yada yada, I mean come on how can you play a guy at those stakes when he owns the fucking site? As mentioned 100% could be cheating going on with the software team, Maybe Phil doesn’t even know. I don’t forget the UB day when the fuckers played me at 75-150 or 150-300 LH forget which one but they didn’t let me win a pot, Lost like 20k In 15-20 minutes, So we all know it can happen

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not sure if stars does have HU any more, Maybe party poker does, As mentioned probably really don’t matter what site they move to, Veni just wants to get off of runitonce it seems. They other day phil won every all in to begin the day, Jumped up 160k, I know variance yada yada, I mean come on how can you play a guy at those stakes when he owns the fucking site? As mentioned 100% could be cheating going on with the software team, Maybe Phil doesn’t even know. I don’t forget the UB day when the fuckers played me at 75-150 or 150-300 LH forget which one but they didn’t let me win a pot, Lost like 20k In 15-20 minutes, So we all know it can happen
    Veni Vidi was running like that at the beginning and no one was claiming rigged lol ... it's like none of you have played PLO

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    Veni Vidi was running like that at the beginning and no one was claiming rigged lol ... it's like none of you have played PLO
    People watching said venividi outplayed him, not that Phil was running awful.

Now it's the opposite.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Now it's the opposite.
    Veni Vidi was winning every 60 - 40 and the flipside ... now Galfond is ... welcome to fucking PLO

Load Metric

Now it's the opposite.
    If people can't see hole cards, people don't know.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

Now it's the opposite.
    If people can't see hole cards, people don't know.
    Everyone can see hole cards. Check out Joey's reviews to watch some hands.

Comments

sah_24: They can only see the showdown hands ... god you are stupid

Load Metric
    They are back at it, Phil up 72k in first hour, Unreal again veni was stacked with aces full vs Phil’s quads, I know million dollar swing just phil running good, Carry on Nothing to see here

Load Metric
    They are back at it, Phil up 72k in first hour, Unreal again veni was stacked with aces full vs Phil’s quads, I know million dollar swing just phil running good, Carry on Nothing to see here
    up another 40k from there.

Phil only down 34k on challenge now. Veni must be tilting his face off.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    up another 40k from there.

Phil only down 34k on challenge now. Veni must be tilting his face off.
    Phil now only down 20k total, Up like 132k today, Unreal

Platinum
    Load Metric
    variance be a cold, cold, cold bitch...

this is fucking impressive...

just ticked to galfond leading...Christ...

Name:  GC.PNG
Views: 491
Size:  1.60 MB
    Name:  GC.PNG
Views: 443
Size:  1.59 MB

Comments

MumblesBadly: Galfond is the *real* Comeback Kid!

sah_24: I mean it's HU PLO ... there is going to be massive swings

Load Metric
    Sick part is veni after being up a million could easy end up losing 250-500k next 5000 hands, I wouldn’t be surprised if veni just quit after today and pays the 100k side bet, Probably the best thing he could do at this point

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There is now increasing talk that this whole thing is a setup... that it was possibly pre-agreed-upon by Galfond and Venividi for Galfond to fall way behind, "contemplate" quitting, take a few weeks off, barely decide to keep playing, and then come back and crush.

Could this have been a more perfect story for Phil and his site?

There's also the possibility that the match actually ended when Phil was 900k euro down, and an agreement was struck behind the scenes to pay Veni the 900k euro plus the sidebet plus some extra money, and then he would throw the rest of the match (which they'd never actually settle up in reality). In fact, if there is something shady going on here, I think that would be the most likely scenario, rather than it being set up the whole way. Such a deal would do a lot to both save Phil's rep and bring great marketing value to both his training site and poker site.

Of course, there would be no way to prove this, but it's not far-fetched to think this could be the case. We will have to see what happens with the other matches. I can't imagine that all 6 opponents would have agreed to do this, especially not guys like Jungleman.

Thread Information