Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2020 Galfond Challenge Thread

Load Metric
    if they release all the hole cards after the challenge then we can't question the legitimacy of the challenge.

However since Phil has other guys lined up I can't see him doing that.

Load Metric
    Phil wins back another 140k, Sends veni storming off the table, Quitting over a half hour early, Never has either player quit early before today, I think veni has came unglued
    -Allergic to the struggle

Load Metric
    Veni has decided to pay a 3k a day penalty to Mentally reset, Match will resume on Thursday

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    Veni has decided to pay a 3k a day penalty to Mentally reset, Match will resume on Thursday
    How long until Veni accuses Phil of cheating, via his friends?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    How long until Veni accuses Phil of cheating, via his friends?
    I think anyone in veni’s spot would have to be thinking what the hell is going on here, Saturday some guy coving the match said Phil has been in the lab, His bet sizing is different, I think like most people Phil is a honest person but let’s not fool ourselves here, Millions on the line and maybe more important to Phil his poker and training site, Really think he is being ghosted, Which might not even be against the rules

Load Metric
    the funny thing is the people that actually though 10k sample of heads up plo was actually enough hands to prove vedi had a huge edge

a bad player could crush a better player over 10k heads up plo

Comments

sah_24: so this

Platinum
    Load Metric
    action is still on-going, but galfond is up around $120 today, down only $200 for the challenge...

7000 hands to go...kid's got a punchers chance now...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    action is still on-going, but galfond is up around $120 today, down only $200 for the challenge...

7000 hands to go...kid's got a punchers chance now...
    Phil finished up 85k after being up 160k at one point, Would have been interesting if Phil won 200k today, Veni May have quit the match and paid out the 100k side bet

Load Metric
    5700 hands to go and he's down about 150K

Platinum
    Load Metric
    gonna guess there is a provision in the agreement that the leading party can't go into "4 corners" mode and just fold every hand...

was thinking veni shoulda been doing that when he was up 500K and the side bet would have more than covered him folding every hand...

Load Metric
    gonna guess there is a provision in the agreement that the leading party can't go into "4 corners" mode and just fold every hand...

was thinking veni shoulda been doing that when he was up 500K and the side bet would have more than covered him folding every hand...
    If you fold the final 5700 hands it would cost 855k

It will be interesting to watch towards the end if someone has a small lead. Will be kind of tournamenty. If you're up by16k with 100 hands left, you just sit out I guess.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

If you fold the final 5700 hands it would cost 855k
    my bad, forgot a 0...i need to stop posting before red bulls...

Load Metric
    Todge another one of ur elderly posters apparently can't handle red bull

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    5700 hands to go and he's down about 150K
    As shocked as I am to see myself write this, Phil's gonna win this one.

Not sure how he pulled this off, but it's happening. Phil's running pretty well lately in more than one way. His fail Run It Once Poker site, doomed for several reasons, is now doing much better due to the coronavirus boom. The site's probably still going to fail in the long run, but things just have a habit of working out in the end for Phil Galfond.

Load Metric
    LOL, thread went from Druff grossly revelling in Galfond's losses and failed site before completely flipping on its head, lol.

Tough week for Team Retard on many fronts.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    LOL, thread went from Druff grossly revelling in Galfond's losses and failed site before completely flipping on its head, lol.

I just read the thread and couldn't find a post where you predicted Galfond would come back and win the challenge.

BTW, I still think his site will fail. But the chances of it succeeding increased thanks to the coronavirus.

Load Metric

I just read the thread and couldn't find a post where you predicted Galfond would come back and win the challenge.

BTW, I still think his site will fail. But the chances of it succeeding increased thanks to the coronavirus.
    Yes, I don't spend time watching others play poker online, was just noting your tasteless glee in watching someone else lose (Pockles style) before it blew up in your face.

Comments

sah_24: irony ...
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Yes, I don't spend time watching others play poker online, was just noting your tasteless glee in watching someone else lose (Pockles style) before it blew up in your face.
    There was no glee. I've covered it during both the downswing and the upswing, including on the radio show. It's not like I was constantly highlighting the losing streak and then went silent when he started winning it all back.

I also keep saying this, but I have no personal dislike for Galfond. I don't think he's a bad guy. I don't feel he wronged me in any way. If I did, I would say so.

I'm not a fanboy, either. I don't hope he wins or loses. I'm just a neutral observer, and this entire situation (both his poker site and the challenge which spawned from it) is interesting. This isn't like Prahlad Friedman where I think his antics are amusing AND I dislike the guy.

Load Metric

There was no glee. I've covered it during both the downswing and the upswing, including on the radio show. It's not like I was constantly highlighting the losing streak and then went silent when he started winning it all back.

I also keep saying this, but I have no personal dislike for Galfond. I don't think he's a bad guy. I don't feel he wronged me in any way. If I did, I would say so.

I'm not a fanboy, either. I don't hope he wins or loses. I'm just a neutral observer, and this entire situation (both his poker site and the challenge which spawned from it) is interesting. This isn't like Prahlad Friedman where I think his antics are amusing AND I dislike the guy.
    Go back and read all your posts in the 'Galfond to start a poker site' thread on 2p2. There's definitely some spite in those posts. If it's not towards Phil for not hiring you, it's towards whoever it was you think told him not to hire you (I can't remember who it was) , which is even darker.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

Go back and read all your posts in the 'Galfond to start a poker site' thread on 2p2. There's definitely some spite in those posts. If it's not towards Phil for not hiring you, it's towards whoever it was you think told him not to hire you (I can't remember who it was) , which is even darker.
    Nobody told him not to hire me, and I believed his reason that they had already staffed management by the time I e-mailed him. I still believe that. There's no bitterness.

I did find it amusing that the exact reasons I stated to hire me -- that I was an older person with a lot of experience in the online poker realm (and with a software background) -- were a big part of why the site made a lot of bad decisions. There wasn't an experienced adult in the room to tell them that they were doing a lot of dumb things. It didn't have to be me -- many others could have also filled such a role. But I did find it amusing that it came to pass exactly as I thought it would.

Thread Information