Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kobe Bryant dead?

Load Metric
    At the end of this fake movie/Nike commercial.

Kobe Bryant throws an explosive basketball at a helicopter blowing it up.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Helicopters don’t like to be dissed.
    Last edited by TheXFactor; 01-26-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post

Worst things Jordan ever did were be mean to Chamillionaire, sacrifice his dad for 3 more championships, and maybe gamble a little too much.He aint no rapist.

ohhhhhh right i forgot about the dad/gambling thing.

agreed tho, not on that rape level.

Agreed.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    sheriff saying there were 9 people on board?

well that might explain how this thing malfunctioned...

didn't know a civilian helicopter was big enough to carry that many people..

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Oh boy

Comments

Krypt:

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: lol

eurodonk:

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: I remember

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

9 basketball players is like 13.4 normal people.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Oh boy

She obviously misspoke and was an innocent mistake, apparently combining the "knicks" with the "lakers".

Imagine for a moment though that this clip was Fox News and not MSNBC. This would already be the top story even surpassing Bryant's death itself on every news station and internet site. I'm not defending Fox here or anything, but it's something to think about though.

Load Metric
    The moral of the story is that helicopters are extremely dangerous. It's hard to compare exactly, but for hours spent traveling in one vs. a motor vehicle it's something ridiculous like 85x more likely to die, for miles traveled it's roughly 27x more likely to die. Those numbers might not be exactly accurate, but it's not far off if so. It is fun to travel in them, but if you ever have, it's very clear that there's zero hope if the slightest thing goes wrong.

Being a medical flight team member is apparently the most dangerous job in America, and worldwide, the 20 year career helicopter pilot would have a 37% chance of being in a fatal accident (partially due to flying into crazy weather situations but still).

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Big number

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

Sheriff said there were 9 on the flight manifest.

it can seat 12 passengers, plus a pilot and another person up front.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Oh boy

lol she said nakers not n-words, shut it down Gordo

Load Metric
    have been heli skiing a bunch of times and have had more than a few poop my pants situations, the worst was on the boarder of Alberta and BC all was good until we flew into a valley and into a white out, I have never felt vertigo ever till just then. couldn't tell the ground from the sky even after we had landed, skiing after was almost impossible.
    We do more snowmobile skiing now but the traditional back country skiers are pretty pissed off on account of all the noise and tracks.

Helicopters crash a lot

http://www.helicourse.com/11.html

40 Years of Representative Heliski Accidents

For the crews working the demanding job of heliskiing, here is a bit of context. There are no new ways to crash a helicopter though sometimes it looks like they are trying hard to find one.

This information, though not complete, gives an idea of the hazards facing heliski pilots as they perform the high end flying with all the limitations that is heliskiing.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Imagine flying a Huey armed w misled in a can on your sides while vk were shooting at you from the jungle. Lots of those folks didn’t come home.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    loled

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    No but seriously as a Lakers fan I really appreciated Kobe as a player -- at least until he got old and took a huge sum of money and wouldn't become second banana.

But in his good years -- of which there were many -- he was the absolute best guy to have the ball when you needed someone to single-handedly rescue the game in the 4th.

Never seen anyone who could make so many insane looking shots with 3 guys in his face.

He also worked really hard in the offseason, and pretty much lived and breathed basketball. He was on a constant quest to get better. This is where he was the opposite of Shaq, who simply lucked into the rare combination of being huge and being naturally good at basketball, and coasted on these natural aspects for his entire career. Kobe didn't coast. Not ever.

There's no question that Kobe was somewhat arrogant and not particularly easy to get along with. In 2005, when he was surrounded by an awful team, he called some of the bad players out by name in the media. Not cool. Then there was the whole rape thing in 2003, which may or may not have been true, but to me always seemed like a situation somewhat in the middle, which is still problematic.

As a Lakers fan, though, I always really liked Kobe, and never thought he was overrated until the very end of his career, when he had become a shell of his former self. His final season was brutal. But his career as a whole was amazing, as was his talent.

And yes, helicopters are dangerous. This is where it can be a danger to be rich. The rest of us can't afford to fly over the LA traffic in a helicopter, so we just tough out the traffic and are statistically safer.

Load Metric
    Lakers mgmt didn't even give him a rocking chair. 3 people named alboteli wonder whot they were. Kobe was 2 intelligent to have hanger ons like Allen Iverson. To Kobe that helicopter was like an uber ride.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 01-26-2020 at 04:59 PM.

Load Metric
    I was pretty certain LeBron wanted to pass Kobe on the road as LA is Kobe’s town. With the next two at home, how incredibly awkward would it have been had he been sitting there 6 points short or something after this? Would have been the strangest crowd reaction ever. I wouldn’t have doubted he would have sat out or his groin might have acted up for a few games until they had a road game again.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I was pretty certain LeBron wanted to pass Kobe on the road as LA is Kobe’s town. With the next two at home, how incredibly awkward would it have been had he been sitting there 6 points short or something after this? Would have been the strangest crowd reaction ever. I wouldn’t have doubted he would have sat out or his groin might have acted up for a few games until they had a road game again.
    He would have got the flu, again.

Load Metric
    i remember a guy who grew up in hawaii telling me to never take a heli-tour if i ever go there

supposedly they crash ALL THE TIME but they manage to keep most of them out of the newspapers/news as to not hurt tourism
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    He would have got the flu, again.
    I’m guessing he would have conferred with his PR team and like gotten 24 assists and 8 rebounds and refused to shoot out of respect or something. Make some statement about respecting Kobe’s house or something like that. It would have been gloriously awkward.

Thread Information