Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kobe Bryant dead?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    well, you would think traffic on the weekends would be minimal

but no

if CALTRANS isn't out bottlenecking the freeways with road repair (done during non-commute hours) then there is a concert/sport event/amusement park, beach traffic or some idiot breaking down

its just about impossible to go more than 20 miles on the freeways without hitting a traffic jam...and the town is spread out such that you have to go 30 miles to everything
    interesting...

would figure that sunday morning between like 6-10am might be the one time of the week that traffic would be semi-subdued...

and I thought getting in and out of philly was a bitch...

Load Metric
    Can someone give me a quick recap of the rape case? Way before my time and before I was interested in sports from far-flung lands

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Can someone give me a quick recap of the rape case? Way before my time and before I was interested in sports from far-flung lands
    Resort in colorado a house keeper gives him a tour
    She agrees to come back to room to kiss
    She put her hand on his penis
    he bend her over chair and fucks her hard, ( I think he put it in her butt)
    Strangled her a bit because he's into that
    He asks to nut on her face, she says no so he doesn't
    She files police report, gets rape kit done, had bruises on neck and blood on shirt
    Kobe tells police no sex happened
    Changes story after evidence comes out
    Gets arrested
    Says consensual not rape, goes to trial, spends $200k on lawyers, pretrial hearings take about a year
    His lawyers find out a white guys pubes and semen were on her underwear also, start to smear her
    Case is dropped when she refuses to testify
    Settles civil suit, probably for around 2.5m
    Buys wife a 4m diamond ring
    The end

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: sounds about rite , He was already anus commited and couldn't put the breaks on rip

shoeshine box: Chronologically & Factually correct.

Load Metric
    Name:  066626a9-6aad-4fc8-91c1-f11bc9fe9b4a.png
Views: 534
Size:  786.4 KB

Gold
    Load Metric
    Air traffic control recording from the chopper.

shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    well, you would think traffic on the weekends would be minimal

but no

if CALTRANS isn't out bottlenecking the freeways with road repair (done during non-commute hours) then there is a concert/sport event/amusement park, beach traffic or some idiot breaking down

its just about impossible to go more than 20 miles on the freeways without hitting a traffic jam...and the town is spread out such that you have to go 30 miles to everything
    interesting...

would figure that sunday morning between like 6-10am might be the one time of the week that traffic would be semi-subdued...

and I thought getting in and out of philly was a bitch...
    There’s no way you’re getting from Orange County to Thousand Oaks in less than an hour at 10am, it’s like 80 miles.

And then there’s a 2 hour drive home.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: So Cal Geography Lesson Rep

Dan Druff: yup

Load Metric
    Damn another beloved poker player iis dead. Doly brunson, rip. Its too much to take in.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: She had great hair

Load Metric
    Sick of hearing about this already.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Sick of hearing about this already.
    Then you did the right thing by clicking on this thread.

Comments

WillieMcFML: lol

Load Metric
    Which of these news story headlines doesn’t belong?

Name:  02642CB6-D921-44AB-A2B5-6742879C35A9.png
Views: 494
Size:  259.3 KB

Comments

duped_samaritan: 4
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    HELICOPTER PILOT MISJUDGED TERRAIN
    ... Didn't Slow Down

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/27/kobe-...ain-slow-down/

The pilot of the helicopter carrying Kobe Bryant, his daughter and 6 other passengers got in big trouble with fog -- they seemed to abort the trip and tried returning home, barely clearing one mountain range, but never slowed down ... this according to the flight tracker and several experienced helicopter pilots in the L.A. area.

As we reported, the pilot had to circle near the Downtown L.A. area -- near the L.A. Zoo -- for 15 minutes because of bad weather ahead. As we reported ... the LAPD had grounded its helicopter fleet because of fog at around the same time Kobe's helicopter took off.

The pilot was following a visual flight plan and was cleared by the tower to proceed north, toward Thousand Oaks where Kobe was taking his daughter for a basketball game. When he got to the Calabasas area, the fog became blinding.

As we reported, the pilot was way too low -- at 1,250 feet. The pilots we spoke with say it's clear based on the abrupt change on the flight tracker ... the pilot panicked and quickly ascended to 2,000 feet. We're told he cleared a mountain range by 100 feet, and the pilots we spoke with say he was so low he almost certainly saw the tops of the mountain.

The pilots we spoke with -- all of whom have extensive experience -- say based on the flight tracker and the accident scene, they believe the pilot felt he had cleared all of the mountains and was proceeding to head back when he hit another mountain. The pilot clearly did not know there were mountains ahead because he actually descended from 2,000 feet to 1,700 feet ... presumably to go under the fog.

Even more baffling, we've been told the pilot was extremely experienced flying in that area -- and was even a flight instructor. One seasoned helicopter pilot told TMZ, he could not understand why Kobe's pilot would have maintained a speed of 161 knots in such dense fog. One of the benefits of a helicopter is you can go much slower -- even 15 mph -- to gingerly avoid terrain if you're uncertain.

Our sources say the chopper was sophisticated and had an altitude warning signal to pull up, but it was too late. As we said, he was doing 161 knots and didn't slow down. The helicopter hit the mountain at that speed.

Several of the pilots we spoke with say the pilot should have gone up to clear the fog, rather than down. To that end, we're told the pilot could have slowed down to almost a stop as he turned, but didn't.
    Cause of crash: Pilot Error
    Pilot will receive a negative rating.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Overconfidence is a bitch.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    HELICOPTER PILOT MISJUDGED TERRAIN
    ... Didn't Slow Down

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/27/kobe-...ain-slow-down/

The pilot of the helicopter carrying Kobe Bryant, his daughter and 6 other passengers got in big trouble with fog -- they seemed to abort the trip and tried returning home, barely clearing one mountain range, but never slowed down ... this according to the flight tracker and several experienced helicopter pilots in the L.A. area.

As we reported, the pilot had to circle near the Downtown L.A. area -- near the L.A. Zoo -- for 15 minutes because of bad weather ahead. As we reported ... the LAPD had grounded its helicopter fleet because of fog at around the same time Kobe's helicopter took off.

The pilot was following a visual flight plan and was cleared by the tower to proceed north, toward Thousand Oaks where Kobe was taking his daughter for a basketball game. When he got to the Calabasas area, the fog became blinding.

As we reported, the pilot was way too low -- at 1,250 feet. The pilots we spoke with say it's clear based on the abrupt change on the flight tracker ... the pilot panicked and quickly ascended to 2,000 feet. We're told he cleared a mountain range by 100 feet, and the pilots we spoke with say he was so low he almost certainly saw the tops of the mountain.

The pilots we spoke with -- all of whom have extensive experience -- say based on the flight tracker and the accident scene, they believe the pilot felt he had cleared all of the mountains and was proceeding to head back when he hit another mountain. The pilot clearly did not know there were mountains ahead because he actually descended from 2,000 feet to 1,700 feet ... presumably to go under the fog.

Even more baffling, we've been told the pilot was extremely experienced flying in that area -- and was even a flight instructor. One seasoned helicopter pilot told TMZ, he could not understand why Kobe's pilot would have maintained a speed of 161 knots in such dense fog. One of the benefits of a helicopter is you can go much slower -- even 15 mph -- to gingerly avoid terrain if you're uncertain.

Our sources say the chopper was sophisticated and had an altitude warning signal to pull up, but it was too late. As we said, he was doing 161 knots and didn't slow down. The helicopter hit the mountain at that speed.

Several of the pilots we spoke with say the pilot should have gone up to clear the fog, rather than down. To that end, we're told the pilot could have slowed down to almost a stop as he turned, but didn't.
    Cause of crash: Pilot Error
    Pilot will receive a negative rating.

Interesting explanation as it doesn’t seem to completely match the air traffic controller video. In that video there is close to 30 seconds where the pilot won’t respond after being very responsive previously. I wonder if this limousine has a black box.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    L.A. traffic can be insanely bad especially on the 405 freeway.

Are you serious? Well this explains the mass slayings. Carry on.

Load Metric

It really begs the question:

Why would a man with literally unlimited funds live in LA?

An 80 mile trip becomes a military operation. It’s ludicrous.

He was killed in the fight for quality of life.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Resort in colorado a house keeper gives him a tour
    She agrees to come back to room to kiss
    She put her hand on his penis
    he bend her over chair and fucks her hard, ( I think he put it in her butt)
    Strangled her a bit because he's into that
    He asks to nut on her face, she says no so he doesn't
    She files police report, gets rape kit done, had bruises on neck and blood on shirt
    Kobe tells police no sex happened
    Changes story after evidence comes out
    Gets arrested
    Says consensual not rape, goes to trial, spends $200k on lawyers, pretrial hearings take about a year
    His lawyers find out a white guys pubes and semen were on her underwear also, start to smear her
    Case is dropped when she refuses to testify
    Settles civil suit, probably for around 2.5m
    Buys wife a 4m diamond ring
    The end

well done..that is about the best Chronological order of events i seen in a NUT-shell..lol GD Job

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Imagine flying a Huey armed w misled in a can on your sides while vk were shooting at you from the jungle. Lots of those folks didn’t come home.

Exactly what my dad did in Vietnam.

Said he got doused in agent orange by an airplane and a few months later got sent home for some heart anomaly....happiest day of his life getting out of there.

Comments

shoeshine box: Truth is truth. there; s no place like home!

Load Metric
    “I promise I’ll continue your legacy”
    -LeBron

What a self absorbed douche. He’s not even the best player on that team.

How would it have looked if Kawhi destroyed the Lakers Tuesday?

canceling was the only solution other than assigning Scott Foster as referee.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 01-27-2020 at 07:18 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

It really begs the question:

Why would a man with literally unlimited funds live in LA?

An 80 mile trip becomes a military operation. It’s ludicrous.

He was killed in the fight for quality of life.
    He bought the helicopter to get to Lakers Home games and claims he played better because of it, which makes sense.

I'm guessing he has his own helipad and pilot/crew who take care of the details and he's been doing it for decades(?) so it's no different than getting in a car for a normal person. Yesterday morning we'd all be jealous of these luxuries.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Updates: https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/27/us/ca...day/index.html

Cliffs: As of a few hours ago, some bodies were still there. "Weather" was blamed, which confuses me since today was a nice day in LA.

They have passed an emergency law against going to the crash site, making it a misdemeanor. I'll be staying away for now, but I'll go once that gets lifted.

It was generally unsafe to be flying that morning due to the fog.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Updates: https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/27/us/ca...day/index.html

Cliffs: As of a few hours ago, some bodies were still there. "Weather" was blamed, which confuses me since today was a nice day in LA.
    This is usually an excuse for a gruesome scene.

When this thing crashed, esp since helicopters are usually made of fiberglass/conductive material (and as seen in some of the actual photos), this thing probably combusted immediately upon impact with the mountain.

Its gonna take a while for authorities to recover parts/pieces of everything. Just terrible

Its also reported that the pilot for this flight was Kobe's personal pilot and had done many trips before.
    Last edited by Shizzmoney; 01-27-2020 at 09:49 PM.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Thread Information