Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BOYCOTT THE UNREADABLE PFA 2.0

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm still trying to understand why Mumbles needs to be banned if blocking him will accomplish the same thing, for those who hate him.

Blocking is only ineffective when:

1) The user constantly trolls you, and will simply talk shit behind your back if you block him
    -or-
    2) The user is at the center of a lot of conversations and is getting tons of responses to his messages

From what I've seen, Mumbles rarely trolls people, and most responses to him tend to be things like "stfu, you're terrible" or "stop googling things to appear smart".

So if all the Mumbles-haters block him, there will be few responses to his messages, nor would there be a lot of back-and-forth conversations with him which they'd be partially missing.

That's what I suggest if you can't stand seeing his posts.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Druff why don’t you block Tyde then?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I'm still trying to understand why Mumbles needs to be banned if blocking him will accomplish the same thing, for those who hate him.

1) The user constantly trolls you, and will simply talk shit behind your back if you block him
    -or-
    2) The user is at the center of a lot of conversations and is getting tons of responses to his messages

From what I've seen, Mumbles rarely trolls people, and most responses to him tend to be things like "stfu, you're terrible" or "stop googling things to appear smart".

So if all the Mumbles-haters block him, there will be few responses to his messages, nor would there be a lot of back-and-forth conversations with him which they'd be partially missing.

This is a vanity site for you. It's all about you. People used to read this site for Tyde's antics. These were good stories, like the stories on the ship. I am not sure why you have done what you have done and banned people. You killed traffic on this site, systemically.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Cool story...tell us how much money you have!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Because he's not the same as Mumbles. He's a troll who follows me around to every post I make and writes something nasty. He always goes through the same cycle, where he starts out okay (and sometimes even posts interesting stories), then slowly degrades into nothing but obnoxious troll 1-liners which he does out of reflex. They're not even clever. Just the same tired bullshit he has rehashed for almost 15 years.

The "just block him" thing doesn't work for trolls because everyone else still sees the shit the troll is talking. You just don't.

Mumbles doesn't troll people, so that doesn't apply here. If you block him, he pretty much doesn't exist to you. He's not going to be talking shit about you while you have him blocked. The block feature is perfect for someone like him.

Load Metric
    because a huge percent of some of the sites largest threads is people being trolled by him and quoting his shitposts in a desperate, misguided effort to shut him down.

spoiler alert; hes not here to engage in discourse, he's here to manipulate people.

so either unban tyde or ban mumbles.

how is this even a complicated issue? what sort of sociopath doesnt understand that a drooling subnormal spitting all over our conversations isnt appropriate?

Comments

OSA: YYYYYYAAAASSSSSS QUEEN
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

-or-

This is a vanity site for you. It's all about you. People used to read this site for Tyde's antics. These were good stories, like the stories on the ship. I am not sure why you have done what you have done and banned people. You killed traffic on this site, systemically.
    I've hardly banned anyone. This thread is about me not banning enough people, rather than banning too often.

Keep up.

FYI if I had a stricter ban policy, you would have been gone a long time ago. Tons of people have asked me to ban you and your many dupes, but I've always refused.

Load Metric
    then post limit him.

you should have dealt with this when he was having fucking conversations with himself on a dupe account.

this site isnt good for him and its definitely not good for the people here to spend time with e-friends.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Name:  applause.gif
Views: 350
Size:  1.82 MB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    because a huge percent of some of the sites largest threads is people being trolled by him and quoting his shitposts in a desperate, misguided effort to shut him down.

spoiler alert; hes not here to engage in discourse, he's here to manipulate people.

so either unban tyde or ban mumbles.

how is this even a complicated issue? what sort of sociopath doesnt understand that a drooling subnormal spitting all over our conversations isnt appropriate?
    I don't believe that he's actually here to troll via shitposts.

He actually sticks to the topics being discussed, and tries to have back-and-forth conversations. He just does it in a google-know-it-all kind of way which annoys people, even those who agree with his general points.

I think that's just him. His natural online persona is to be that way.

He was able to suppress it under FlyPaper because he was trying to pretend to be a different person, and thus came off less annoying than his real personality.

As I replied to simpdog, Tyde is a completely different matter. He falls in the category of a habitual troll who attacks me in every thread I participate. I'm not going to have that on my own site, and I can't think of one forum owner who would tolerate such a thing. Despite that, I've given him numerous chances, and only re-banned him when his presence here degenerated into 90% trolling me with 1-liners, and where he was contributing little else.

If there really is such a strong Mumbles-hating contingent here, you guys just need to come to an agreement to block him, and he will mostly cease to exist on this forum for you.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mumbles has made 28 posts in the past 6 days.

That's fewer than 5 posts per day.

This is why I totally don't understand the calls for banning him. He's not dominating the forum, not overposting, and not trolling.

Load Metric
    half of those are him rehashing points other people made but he didnt read.

the rest are boomer memes he gets from leftbook that he thinks are hilarious. which he pastes 2 or 3 at a time and dominates half the thread page.

hes a disaster. your community is splintering because of it.

youre doing nothing.

Load Metric
    lets try another perspective;

how many people would have to leave this site before you did something about mumbles?

give me a number.

Load Metric

I've hardly banned anyone. This thread is about me not banning enough people, rather than banning too often.

Keep up.

FYI if I had a stricter ban policy, you would have been gone a long time ago. Tons of people have asked me to ban you and your many dupes, but I've always refused.
    The really only poster that has called for my banning has been Muck Ficon, a total troll since 2007. With all that said I barely post here anymore. It's your site, you banned Flufffer and Tyde. They are only the real reason anyone reads this place, but you banned them because they hurt your feelings. It's your site so you are going to do what you do. Yes, online poker is dead and it hurt traffic, but your banning policies absolutely crushed traffic. You are likely the only one that does not realize it. Eventually it will be you and Mumbles on this site talking to each other.

Comments

sonatine: and whatever dupes mumbles runs to laugh at his vandalism

Muck Ficon: Still obsessed with me?

Diamond
    Load Metric

Keep up.

The really only poster that has called for my banning has been Muck Ficon, a total troll since 2007. With all that said I barely post here anymore. It's your site, you banned Flufffer and Tyde. They are only the real reason anyone reads this place, but you banned them because they hurt your feelings. It's your site so you are going to do what you do. Yes, online poker is dead and it hurt traffic, but your banning policies absolutely crushed traffic. You are likely the only one that does not realize it. Eventually it will be you and Mumbles on this site talking to each other.
    Don't forget my HOTTEST TWINKS OR JOCKS OF * INSERT SPORT*

I have verified through IG that several of those athletes have visited this site as a result, but do you see me asking for equity in this website?

Of course, not.

I just want a couple hundred dollars per fundraiser thread.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Have I not been paying attention, or is Druff cleaning up posting diarrhea before I see it? I don't see what Mumbles does that's so much worse than some of the other one trick ponies/trolls on this site.
    You're not missing anything.

These skatz guys have been trying to drive him off the site for years & they're mad because he refuses to let them have their way. They've obviously gotten together, probably on the Iraqi Ski Team secret forum on skatz, & decided on a concerted effort to pressure Druff to get rid of him for them. It's really that simple.

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL! I didn’t realize it was a Skatz-incubated conspiracy against me. That explains a lot.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Have I not been paying attention, or is Druff cleaning up posting diarrhea before I see it? I don't see what Mumbles does that's so much worse than some of the other one trick ponies/trolls on this site.

These skatz guys have been trying to drive him off the site for years & they're mad because he refuses to let them have their way. They've obviously gotten together, probably on the Iraqi Ski Team secret forum on skatz, & decided on a concerted effort to pressure Druff to get rid of him for them. It's really that simple.
    nailed us

me and tine went to skatz to plot our secret campaign to get rid of mumbles.

there were a lot of options on the table, but what we ultimately decided on was to complain about him for 6 years.

it was totally working until you exposed our diabolical plan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

nailed us

me and tine went to skatz to plot our secret campaign to get rid of mumbles.

there were a lot of options on the table, but what we ultimately decided on was to complain about him for 6 years.

it was totally working until you exposed our diabolical plan

You skatz guys are just a bunch of pussies. You guys see a mumbles post & are instantly triggered.

Seriously, just block the guy. Problem solved.
    If you have some issue with blocking other posters than just scroll by his posts. I actually do this with a number of posters on this site. Problem solved.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I guess that I never realized how many Mason Malmuth disciples there are on this site. Is the problem that he is a prolific poster or that he is an ultraliberal who is a prolific poster?

Name:  download (1).jpg
Views: 302
Size:  5.0 KB

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Mumbles is Charles Barkley turrible, few will argue. But so is Les and so is Gare. The skatz circle jerk is rare these days but still mostly awful.

Unban everyone except FPS Russia IMO, especially Tyde. It's time Druff, this place needs the infusion and you've had him in time out long enough.

Thread Information