Page 96 of 948 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 18948

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Anti-inflammatories may aggravate Covid-19, France advises

French authorities have warned that widely used over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drugs may worsen the coronavirus.

The country’s health minister, Olivier Véran, who is a qualified doctor and neurologist, tweeted on Saturday: “The taking of anti-inflammatories [ibuprofen, cortisone … ] could be a factor in aggravating the infection. In case of fever, take paracetamol. If you are already taking anti-inflammatory drugs, ask your doctor’s advice.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...irus-infection
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Canada is still allowing inbound flights from China, I wish faggotfull was ITT rn

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    We are in for a long fucking haul. I expect all non-essential business to be closed, and in deep trouble financially.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    - Origin is a level 4 bio lab 20 miles from the seafood market where the first patients contracted it.

- Lab studies SARS using live animals, which is incredibly dangerous and unpredictable on its best day, but in a culture where owning your fucking mistakes is frowned on its a one way ticket to the apocalypse.

- 1200 infections, 300 'critically ill'.

- People are dropping dead on the sidewalks in Wuhan and no one is picking them up because the people equipped to do so are busy dealing with other dead people.

- It's already spread around the world.

- 2 week incubation period and we arent even a week in.

- 100% chance it mutates.
    Solid read.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    some (all?) air force bases just declared hpcon level b.

Name:  file.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  221.9 KB

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric

note that in the entire 450 page CDC pandemic response playbook, not only is this 'funnel everyone into checkpoints' thing never once described as anything but a nightmare scenario, but now they have totally given up on the central premise for it (screening).

its inconceivable that millions of people arent getting infected by this and the subsequent spread.
    Can someone help me out here? Why are people getting off a plane from out of the country treated any different than everyone else in the country?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

note that in the entire 450 page CDC pandemic response playbook, not only is this 'funnel everyone into checkpoints' thing never once described as anything but a nightmare scenario, but now they have totally given up on the central premise for it (screening).

its inconceivable that millions of people arent getting infected by this and the subsequent spread.
    Can someone help me out here? Why are people getting off a plane from out of the country treated any different than everyone else in the country?

customs

Load Metric
    cuomo deploying army corps of engineers to deal with the absolute lock that we are about to run out of beds / ventilators.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    anybody listening to the show tonight knows Im now under quarantine.. and Ive had all the symptoms the shortness of breath is mild and comes and goes.. basically seems they aren't testing anybody here in AZ unless folks are sick enough to be admitted their answer seems to be quarantine anybody whos likely positive and showing signs.. Truthfully Id already been self quarantining somewhat already since Monday when my symptoms started. I likely got exposed doing my Uber/Lyft driving within the past couple weeks and I definitely had some folks coughing in my vehicle and such.. With the flu coming back negative its pretty much assumed if folks are neg for flu its likely corona with the symptoms.. Oh well.. Now the question is will Uber/Lyft pay me as they were claiming they would do for drivers who were quarantined.
    Why should they pay you? You're an independent contractor. These snowflakes are too much.
    He never said they should. He simply stated that Uber/Lyft has claimed they would & now we'll see if they carry thru.

This seemed pretty obvious to anybody who has any reading comprehension skills.

On a sidenote, I read that the NBA player's association expects the players to get paid. Now that's some tone deaf shit right there.

Comments

SPIT this: I was trolling buddy
    Last edited by Hockey Guy; 03-15-2020 at 09:51 AM.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    We are in for a long fucking haul. I expect all non-essential business to be closed, and in deep trouble financially.
    They claim that this quarantine will be over by the fall when flu season returns.

I'm sure that all the businesses that have been forced to close can wait until then.

Load Metric
    Walmart is stepping up. They just announced for stores open 24 hours they are now only open from 6am - 11pm. That is fucking huge for employees. No more 24 hour shifts.

Load Metric
    If you live in New York City, you are probably already infected with coronavirus according to medical professionals. The virus is everywhere.

Load Metric
    honestly i dont think its going to be as long a haul as people are making it out to be. within 30 days, the first wave of bodies will hit the floor. people are going to stop fucking around in earnest by day 31, plus its going to be understood that its bi-phasic in some people so the quarantine / recovery windows are going to stretch to 60 days, which will also severely inhibit further contamination.

march / april are going to be sci-fi caliber rough but may / june is likely going to be good news, markets recovering, life returning to normal etc.

Comments

splitthis: July if lucky

Load Metric
    honestly i dont think its going to be as long a haul as people are making it out to be. within 30 days, the first wave of bodies will hit the floor. people are going to stop fucking around in earnest by day 31, plus its going to be understood that its bi-phasic in some people so the quarantine / recovery windows are going to stretch to 60 days, which will also severely inhibit further contamination.

march / april are going to be sci-fi caliber rough but may / june is likely going to be good news, markets recovering, life returning to normal etc.

it will be interesting to see if COVID-19 will be a new seasonal coronavirus that we're going to have to deal with on a yearly basis, albeit on a lesser scale

Load Metric
    cuomo deploying army corps of engineers to deal with the absolute lock that we are about to run out of beds / ventilators.

this is the thing that is pretty fucking disappointing

with all the money that we're spending on nuclear weapons, we can't take a couple billion and just buy a couple million extra respirators or so, just for emergencies like this?

Comments

splitthis: This issue is people to maintain the patients on the respirator, need skilled people, can’t have machines and no one to operate them

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Anyone knows of anyone working in Small Biz Short term Lending? I might be interested in doing that part time.

Jean Gorges is closed and other trendy restaurants are massively cutting hours. Only matter of weeks till all are closed indefinately to cut costs

Load Metric
    Thanks for the update.
    You have been way more informative than our "President", and certainly more consistent.

How even fox is giving him a break when So Korea is so far ahead of us in testing, is beyond me.
    They are done, all we had to do was send $$$$. But Trump wanted his numbers low. (He said it out loud)

This is the attorney that worked w/Adam Schiff, he says he is already on the mend, but rips Trump's admin apart.
    I get that he is DEM, and a "Trump Hater" but facts are facts,
    how can you know if you've been around someone who has it, if they aren't f'ing testing everyone?

San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric

I think it’s going to get worse before better. It took China six weeks of real ass arrest people lockdown with giant street sterilizers. I don’t think we are even to the start of that yet if it gets real bad here.

I don’t think it will be a year, but I think we may have to close every bar and restaurant and coffee shop for 2 months. That’s bankruptcy for any business that isn’t long-established. That’s bankruptcy for a whole lot of people.

I don’t know a lot of tech people. I know a whole lot of people working from home at the moment, but most are working from home in support of actual large companies that require people to physically be at work.

I also have a disproportionate amount of friends who work in medical sales of some sort. Pharma, device, hospital sales. That’s just a product of living in Ohio and particularly Pittsburgh where that drives the economy. Those people are locked out entirely.

Hospitals and doctors simply saying no vendors or sales period for the foreseeable future. The last thing they need is sales people right now.

My friends are an age and established enough for the most part to deal with being on the sidelines a few months financially. Some though work for companies that are start ups and not profitable yet. A number of friends just primarily working for stock options for when companies clear trials or get bought out by larger companies. Some of these companies can’t fade two months of being locked out. They live on venture capital waiting for the big score. My friends are more concerned they’re expensive and if this lingers, will get aged out of the market if companies go south. That’s a young mans game. They’re cheap .

Two months of a locked down America has a lot of ramifications that are hard to quantify beyond the obvious victims like airlines and cruise ships.

Our governor conceded he wouldn’t be surprised if school was done for the year. That causes a whole lot of problems also.

I didn’t mean a year when I said long haul. Until June destroys a lot of lives. Better than being dead, but trouble.

Comments

Tellafriend: Well said

Thread Information