Page 839 of 947 FirstFirst ... 339739789829835836837838839840841842843849889939 ... LastLast
Results 16,761 to 16,780 of 18935

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Would you want a 99% survival rate for any common virus, at the age you are right now?

Anything in middle age with a 1% chance of killing you is a disaster.

COVID actually didn't have a 1% death rate for middle aged people (it was lower), but as you see, it accounted for 12% of all deaths for people in their 40s, so that's a pretty significant new danger that wasn't there before. I knew 3 people aged 44-55 who died of COVID who were otherwise just normal middle aged guys.

It's okay, you can still say the left was horrendous with their handling of COVID while admitting the vaccine was useful in 2020-21 for people 40+.
    So it was well over 99%

Some people may believe it’s rational to take an experimental, rushed, Trump endorsed medication for a disease with well over a 99% survival rate.

Probably the same people who believed the CDC when they claimed natural immunity isn’t a real thing.
    As I said, you should want a survival rate of like 99.99% for common viruses in middle age. Anything which pumps up the 40s death rate by 12% is a legit problem, and it's worth taking a small risk that the vaccine has unforeseen issues.

I was aware I was taking a risk when I got it. I wasn't one of those brainwashed libs who believed it was "totally safe and effective". I knew there were unknowns I was signing up for with the vaccine, but both the knowns and unknowns of COVID for people my age were much worse. So it was, by far, the lesser of two evils.

The much better question was whether young people or children should have taken it. Given the recent myocarditis info coming out, it looks like the answer was NO, especially for Moderna. Note, however, that myocarditis from the vaccine really isn't a problem for men over 40, so that wasn't a risk I had to worry about.

It's kind of like having a seatbelt on when driving. There is some chance the seatbelt itself will hurt or kill you, but a much greater chance it will save you from severe injury or death, so you wear it. You take the lesser of the two risks.

Load Metric

So it was well over 99%

Some people may believe it’s rational to take an experimental, rushed, Trump endorsed medication for a disease with well over a 99% survival rate.

Probably the same people who believed the CDC when they claimed natural immunity isn’t a real thing.
    As I said, you should want a survival rate of like 99.99% for common viruses in middle age. Anything which pumps up the 40s death rate by 12% is a legit problem, and it's worth taking a small risk that the vaccine has unforeseen issues.

I was aware I was taking a risk when I got it. I wasn't one of those brainwashed libs who believed it was "totally safe and effective". I knew there were unknowns I was signing up for with the vaccine, but both the knowns and unknowns of COVID for people my age were much worse. So it was, by far, the lesser of two evils.

The much better question was whether young people or children should have taken it. Given the recent myocarditis info coming out, it looks like the answer was NO, especially for Moderna. Note, however, that myocarditis from the vaccine really isn't a problem for men over 40, so that wasn't a risk I had to worry about.

It's kind of like having a seatbelt on when driving. There is some chance the seatbelt itself will hurt or kill you, but a much greater chance it will save you from severe injury or death, so you wear it. You take the lesser of the two risks.
    What is the difference between 99.99% and the actual survival rate of Covid for someone 40 - 49?

The state of Washington went back and audited their Covid death numbers recently. They found only 10% of the original death number was accurate.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'd like to see those numbers from the state of Washington.

COVID death numbers (pre-Omicron) were much more likely to be closer to accurate for middle-aged people (who aren't likely to due otherwise) than old people (who die for all kinds of reasons, and some will happen to have COVID anyway).

Comments

BCR: He’s not going to have any source. You know that.

Load Metric

You didn’t answer my question.
    Would you want a 99% survival rate for any common virus, at the age you are right now?

COVID actually didn't have a 1% death rate for middle aged people (it was lower), but as you see, it accounted for 12% of all deaths for people in their 40s, so that's a pretty significant new danger that wasn't there before. I knew 3 people aged 44-55 who died of COVID who were otherwise just normal middle aged guys.

It's okay, you can still say the left was horrendous with their handling of COVID while admitting the vaccine was useful in 2020-21 for people 40+.

I’m amused at you acting like this is some left wing plot.

Following medicine is always going to be advice from the most risk adverse industry in the world. There job is to err on the side of extreme caution. That’s not a Covid thing. They always do that. Do you know how many times I’ve heard pre-diabetes, pre-cancerous, pre-COPD.

I’ve met like ten girls in the last 15 years where when they find out I had cancer, will say I had cancer too! I ask what they had and it was some gynecological scrape with a few abnormal cells where the doctor invoked cancer wanting them to address the problem and take it serious. It may have become actual cancer in twenty years, but they didn’t have cancer.

They do is with fat people and diabetes. They do it with smokers and COPD.

My last girlfriend had a 22 year old who didn’t start smoking until 20. She had bronchitis and her doctor said she had early stage COPD when he found out she smoked. I laughed when my girlfriend told me and said they’re just trying to scare her. She said don’t tell her that, let’s hope it works.

That’s medicine and always has been.

So you had some obese fat man waving his hand in the air saying it was going to disappear and starting a real life death cult, and a bunch of people on the other side erring on the side of extreme caution. That’s annoying. You took it more seriously than I did. I wasn’t ordering groceries and avoiding any contact. We had the same approach on the vaccine.

But your whole left/right thing is silliness. One produced extra bodies from people joining a death cult and the other side was simply annoying when pushing for mostly useless masks when it was unnecessary. One is far more idiotic than the other. Your both sides shit is laughable.

Every Trump loser I knew was convinced they already had Covid 4 months before the first recorded Covid case ever hit the US. They’re all convinced they they’ve had it 3 or 4 times already when they didn’t get a real test. They were constantly convinced they already had it after it had started without any lab verification. Telling people like that, who are mentally children, that their natural immunity was good enough when they had no idea if they had it in the first place would be a recipe for disaster. So you ended up having to try to retard proof society, which led to annoyingly over reactions. The over reaction didn’t get people dead though.

Comments

devidee: Have you seen the excess death rate since the vaccines were rolled out?

Load Metric

So it was well over 99%

Name:  afkgaming_2021-08_79649079-d0e7-4acd-853b-6a2b92797da3_copium_png (1).png
Views: 254
Size:  80.2 KB

Load Metric
    I'd like to see those numbers from the state of Washington.

COVID death numbers (pre-Omicron) were much more likely to be closer to accurate for middle-aged people (who aren't likely to due otherwise) than old people (who die for all kinds of reasons, and some will happen to have COVID anyway).
    You didn’t answer my question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Following medicine is always going to be advice from the most risk adverse industry in the world. There job is to err on the side of extreme caution. That’s not a Covid thing. They always do that. Do you know how many times I’ve heard pre-diabetes, pre-cancerous, pre-COPD.

I’ve met like ten girls in the last 15 years where when they find out I had cancer, will say I had cancer too! I ask what they had and it was some gynecological scrape with a few abnormal cells where the doctor invoked cancer wanting them to address the problem and take it serious. It may have become actual cancer in twenty years, but they didn’t have cancer.

My last girlfriend had a 22 year old who didn’t start smoking until 20. She had bronchitis and her doctor said she had early stage COPD when he found out she smoked. I laughed when my girlfriend told me and said they’re just trying to scare her. She said don’t tell her that, let’s hope it works.

So you had some obese fat man waving his hand in the air saying it was going to disappear and starting a real life death cult, and a bunch of people on the other side erring on the side of extreme caution. That’s annoying. You took it more seriously than I did. I wasn’t ordering groceries and avoiding any contact. We had the same approach on the vaccine.

But your whole left/right thing is silliness. One produced extra bodies from people joining a death cult and the other side was simply annoying when pushing for mostly useless masks when it was unnecessary. One is far more idiotic than the other. Your both sides shit is laughable.

Every Trump loser I knew was convinced they already had Covid 4 months before the first recorded Covid case ever hit the US. They’re all convinced they they’ve had it 3 or 4 times already when they didn’t get a real test. They were constantly convinced they already had it after it had started without any lab verification. Telling people like that, who are mentally children, that their natural immunity was good enough when they had no idea if they had it in the first place would be a recipe for disaster. So you ended up having to try to retard proof society, which led to annoyingly over reactions. The over reaction didn’t get people dead though.
    ROFL you are such a drug addicted loser, you were pro masks, pro lockdowns, pro social distancing, pro vaccine and pro mandates, you also wished death upon hundreds of black people that refused the vaccine, you are deranged and you should probably stay out of the thread now that everything you believed was manipulated by msm and "experts" and the entire narrative fell apart, they're even trying to blame Trump for the vaccine(which is true) but they were for forcing it upon everyone. you fell for covid hook line and sinker and are not a critical thinker, you are an obese drug addict and are stupid as all fuck, no matter how many long posts you post, you will always be a loser drug addict from buttfuck Ohio who has to pay for pussy.

leave the thread with dignity for once

Comments

BCR: Almost time for lunch. Time to take your seat with the n-words you scared pussy.

ok25: Denial is a helluva drug

Load Metric
    watching Druff cope with his aids injection is quite funny

he always has these "stats" how it was so bad for people right in and above his age bracket without any data backing it up, something like 95% of the people that died were over 70 fucking years old, there is no data to show it was more dangerous for someone 35 to 65.

Gold
    Load Metric

Other than just aging (which is much better than the alternative), obesity is by far the biggest contributor to pretty much every major health issue (including Covid related morbidities) and IMO the medical community way undersells this. The way the medical community approaches vaccine hesitancy/denial (aggressively) vs obesity acceptance (nothing negative to say) is a very clear indication of this.

When Sports Illustrated has morbidly obese "body positivity" cover models the CDC, AMA and 5 million doctors should all be speaking out aggressively what a bad idea it is. And yet, it is nothing but crickets.

Comments

splitthis: They making lots of $$$$$ off the fatties

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

Other than just aging (which is much better than the alternative), obesity is by far the biggest contributor to pretty much every major health issue (including Covid related morbidities) and IMO the medical community way undersells this. The way the medical community approaches vaccine hesitancy/denial (aggressively) vs obesity acceptance (nothing negative to say) is a very clear indication of this.

When Sports Illustrated has morbidly obese "body positivity" cover models the CDC, AMA and 5 million doctors should all be speaking out aggressively what a bad idea it is. And yet, it is nothing but crickets.
    I agree. I hear a lot of pre-diabetes. Which is obviously a skyrocketing problem, so it’s better than nothing to scare them. I tell them he means you’re a fatass and better get it together. But at the end of the day they’re customers. No one wants to be told they’re fat. I’ve advocated for a fat tax forever. More than length of life, all the joint replacements that cost 80k and are almost a part of aging now when they weren’t 25 years ago.

The problem with obesity is it’s bi-partisan. The left will yell at you for body shaming, but the right loses its mind if Michelle Obama wants kids to eat a veggie or they scream nanny state if they try to cut their 64oz Pepsis down to 36

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    i mean you hid in your house for 2 years straight and got like 4 jabs by now so yeah the covid fear cult are your people
    Ain't the same COVID anymore, my skeptical English friend.

I don't regret taking the first 3 vaccine shots in 2020/2021, because original COVID and Delta were fucking up a lot of middle aged people. I also quickly realized that the danger was mainly from being indoors with a lot of people, so that's the type of stuff I stayed away from. Again, that was the right move. Most of the middle-aged people who croaked from COVID were ones who never took the vaccine (or couldn't get it yet). Being middle aged and refusing the vaccine was something I felt was your right to do, but was also a retarded decision for a middle-aged person in 2020-2021.

I never supported lockdowns, outdoor closures, or forced school closures. I was always against that shit from the start. I was always against vaccine and mask mandates. I also was skeptical from day one that masks even worked (and I was right).

Once the vaccines were available, I said that anyone who wanted one could have it, and we should basically forget COVID exists and go back to normal.

In 2022, Omicron's takeover made COVID essentially irrelevant, as it carries the same risk profile as the flu for everyone except old people. I knew 3 people in their 50s who died from original COVID. I knew one person in their 40s who died from it. I don't know any middle-aged people who have died of Omicron -- not even friends-of-friends. Omicron is just completely different, and the idiot left are still treating it as all the same COVID.

So no, these are not and never will be "my people".

I'm also likely done for good with the COVID vaccine.
    you know im jusg fucking with you todge i dont care if people choose to get it agreed its retarded to keep on getting them knowing what we know now tho

also im not quite middle aged yet lol
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    it is funny knowing how stubborn you are trying to convince everyone that all the moves you made were the right ones tho
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    so how will the hypochondriacs survive? maybe now this blatant power grab charade will keep dwindling down, 600 million tests ordered since January 2022, were these fuckers eating them for breakfast??

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-adminis...015639852.html

Comments

splitthis: Lol BCR and the gang using 4 a week

Load Metric
    Lol saying of the day is

Pray for the vaccinated.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1dollarboxcar View Post
    so how will the hypochondriacs survive? maybe now this blatant power grab charade will keep dwindling down, 600 million tests ordered since January 2022, were these fuckers eating them for breakfast??

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-adminis...015639852.html

Guaranteed people who haven’t left their home since Covid started have used the most rofl.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Silver
    Load Metric

So it was well over 99%

You're wrong

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbodoggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ok25 View Post

I validated that Wayne’s numbers weren’t just a fluke with surveys of my reader base. Over 600 readers responded and the numbers were very similar: 21 injuries and 5 deaths per 100 vaccinated, which is very close to the numbers reported by Wayne (assuming he had an even mix of vaxxed/unvaxxed guests).

An article on The Expose just claimed that 1 in every 246 Vaccinated People has died within 60 days of Covid-19 Vaccination in England according to the UK Government which is a factor of 5 lower than my hypothesis, but that’s just limited to the first 60 days after a single dose.

And then I went even further looking for anecdotal evidence that Wayne was wrong. I asked my 50,000 followers on Gab for opposite anecdotes. None of the 372 people had an anecdote supporting use of the vaccine. Stunning.

Just comparing the number of anecdotes on each side of the narrative makes it very clear that the vaccines are making things worse.

lol one anecdote bro! Shut up Dildodumbshit and please fuck offGab is an American alt-tech microblogging and social networking service known for its far-right userbase.[2][3][4] Widely described as a haven for neo-Nazis, racists, white supremacists,

What a witty comeback! Reminded me of Winston Churchill's quote about engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, but what the fuck...
    My initial response was actually pretty mild and I thought it would pobably pass unnoticed.
    Actually I didn't even take a position on the main topic, just pointed out that unverified anecdotal evidence is unreliable, epecially when it comes from a crackpot radio host.
    And then you made it worse: The Expose is a discredited pseudo news outlet, and its many wild claims are, indeed, "exposed" upon even cursory examination.

As for Gab, this from Wikipedia:
    Gab is an American alt-tech microblogging and social networking service known for its far-right userbase.[2][3][4] Widely described as a haven for neo-Nazis, racists, white supremacists... and so on...

Thanks for playing, you can use a dictionary for the big words!
    I don't care faggot

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ok25 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbodoggins View Post

What a witty comeback! Reminded me of Winston Churchill's quote about engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, but what the fuck...
    My initial response was actually pretty mild and I thought it would pobably pass unnoticed.
    Actually I didn't even take a position on the main topic, just pointed out that unverified anecdotal evidence is unreliable, epecially when it comes from a crackpot radio host.
    And then you made it worse: The Expose is a discredited pseudo news outlet, and its many wild claims are, indeed, "exposed" upon even cursory examination.

As for Gab, this from Wikipedia:
    Gab is an American alt-tech microblogging and social networking service known for its far-right userbase.[2][3][4] Widely described as a haven for neo-Nazis, racists, white supremacists... and so on...

Thanks for playing, you can use a dictionary for the big words!
    I don't care faggot
    Read the comments

You were wrong

You are a fool

Lick my balls

Silver
    Load Metric
    BCR: Almost time for lunch. Time to take your seat with the n-words you scared pussy.

You're a joke

Load Metric
    ooops

Thread Information