Page 814 of 947 FirstFirst ... 314714764804810811812813814815816817818824864914 ... LastLast
Results 16,261 to 16,280 of 18926

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    So while the rest of the world is moving on living with Covid, China is doubling down on zero Covid lockdowns. I see one of 2 reasons for this to be the case, that are not mutually exclusive.

1. They are too stubborn to admit they are taking a suboptimal strategy and zero Covid isn't really working.
    2. They have extra information about the virus, most likely because they designed it, and believe it to be more dangerous than the rest of the world.

It goes without saying they accept that the vaccines are mostly useless at this point.
    It's more like #3: They don't have a truly effective vaccine (I know, I know, Pfizer and Moderna's aren't that effective either against Omicron but they DO pretty much help stop the serious illness and dying off a lot). If China let Omicron rip, there'd be a lot of dead and the hospitals would surely get overwhelmed.

The funny thing is, China could have just ordered up Pfizer/Moderna in the past two years, at a cost much lower than having Shenzen/Shanghai + other population centers locked down now, but Xi won't let it happen. Face.

In a way, this kinda fits your #1...
    No, it’s control and communism for the win.

Have you dummies not learned anything yet? Wtf.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    FYI these potential heart issues are only relevant to boys and young men.

Old fucks like us don't have to worry about this vaccine myocarditis stuff.
    No, they are relevant to everyone, it’s just when it happens to an older person, they are calling it natural death lol.

People are dying left and right from this fucking vaccine.

Comments

David USF: No they're not you IDIOT
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Gold
    Load Metric

I doubt this is true. My understanding is what is happening is that in this specific cohort all cause mortality is increased with vaccine use, as the disease isn’t particularly deadly in this cohort, the vaccine causes cardiovascular inflammation, and hence cost/benefit profile is inverted.

In older cohorts you still have inflammation from vaccine (maybe less, I am not sure), but there is a Markedly more pronounced benefit from vaccine.

Comments

devidee: Beneficial AIDS LULZ

Load Metric

Name:  afkgaming_2021-08_79649079-d0e7-4acd-853b-6a2b92797da3_copium_png.png
Views: 243
Size:  80.2 KB

lol you have aids now, luckily you didn't let the propaganda get your kid as well(he's too young I think)

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Already been crippled by the vaxx lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Can we have Elon buy PFA and add an edit function to the rep posts.
    you can delete the rep if it's been 5 minutes or less, js

Load Metric
    JUST IN - Bill Gates infected with COVID, experiencing "mild symptoms."

He should have got vaxxed.

Load Metric
    I’m not saying there’s a baby formula shortage so vaxxed mothers have to breast feed their babies.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The 4th shot has been a real tough decision for me, and that's for one reason: The WSOP.

If not for the WSOP, it would be a pretty clear NO for the fourth shot, because I am not in many situations where I am in an indoor facility for many hours with a massive number of people -- which is basically the worst possible scenario for COVID infection risk, aside from being in a small space (like a car) with a COVID infected person.

While the side effect experiences for me haven't been great -- a 3-day illness for both the 2nd and 3rd shots, and possible worsening of my gout situation -- the vaccines themselves worked well.

I spent 3 long days playing the WSOP Main with Delta right in the room with me. No COVID infection.

I had my own son in the house with Omicron in January, and we didn't force him to isolate or anything like that. No COVID infection, despite Omicron's high transmissibility (and the fact that Ben was in the car with me on his first day of it, when he was most contagious).

So the Pfizer vaccine has probably done will to protect me for COVID since I got my first shot in April 2021 (and my third in October 2021).

With that said, I was planning upon skipping the 4th shot, given that initial studies out of Israel showed it wasn't all that effective. I wasn't going to go through the shitty 3-day illness again, plus whatever gout awaited me weeks later, plus anything else that might happen, just to get a few percentage points boost in immunity for a few monts. Not worth it.

However, a new study out of the UK says that the fourth shot is better than initially thought, but with one caveat -- you should get it 30+ weeks after the third shot. That's because it appears there is a "ceiling" to the protection these shots give, and if you already have enough antibodies from previous vaccines or infections, the fourth shot ain't gonna do much for you. This means the fourth shot is NOT a good idea for people who have already had Omicron, or for those who had their third shot fewer than 30 weeks ago.

For people like me, though, it can be of some benefit. It has been about 30 weeks snice my third shot. In the study, those who had 30+ weeks since their third shot saw a big antibody and T-cell boost, including 60% higher after two weeks than was seen at the peak of the third shot protection.

It is now assumed that the poor results of the fourth shot (compared to those who had 3 shots) were due to people taking it too soon after their third shot.

Anyway, now I'm leaning toward getting it, given my plans to play WSOP this year.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The "immunity ceiling" theory, by the way, actually strengthens the "natural immunity" claims that the political right has been making all along.

The right has long stated that prior infection is actually better than a vaccine, and those with previous COVID infection do not need to be vaccinated anytime soon. However, the CDC disagreed, and instead it was advised to get vaxxed 90 days after your infection. Furthermore, when workplaces or governments had vaccine requirements in place, natural immunity was not allowed as a substitute. They haven't modified this idiotic stance.

However, if the immunity ceiling discovery turns out to be true, then indeed getting vaccinated 3 months after infection is stupid, and indeed these people were the best protected.

Had I caught Omicron from Ben, I would not be getting a vax for as long as Omicron was the dominant variant (which it still is). However, given that I've never had COVID, I probably would benefit from the fourth shot at this point, given the 30-week timespan since my last shot.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There is also an age element to the fourth shot.

There is a contingent of doctors and scientists who believe the fourth shot is a waste of time and resources for young, healthy people. However, most of them agree that people over 60 should get it, due to declining immune systems.

What about 50-year-olds like me? That's where there's the least clarity. I'm definitely substantially more at risk for bad COVID outcomes than a 25-year-old, but I'm also substantially less at risk than someone 65+. That's why the US government allowed you to get a fourth shot if you're 50+, in order to address that unknown benefit for those in middle age.

Load Metric
    Have you read the data Pfizer tried to keep hidden for the next 75 years?

Platinum
    Load Metric

There is a contingent of doctors and scientists who believe the fourth shot is a waste of time and resources for young, healthy people. However, most of them agree that people over 60 should get it, due to declining immune systems.

What about 50-year-olds like me? That's where there's the least clarity. I'm definitely substantially more at risk for bad COVID outcomes than a 25-year-old, but I'm also substantially less at risk than someone 65+. That's why the US government allowed you to get a fourth shot if you're 50+, in order to address that unknown benefit for those in middle age.
    You are clearly in the grey zone age wise but that probably ramps up you to the in danger category due to your (poor) health status.

A very fit 50 yr old has little to worry about. An "average" one by unhealthy American standards might have a lot to worry about.

Silver
    Load Metric
    :insert laughing Tom Cruise pic:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

You are clearly in the grey zone age wise but that probably ramps up you to the in danger category due to your (poor) health status.

A very fit 50 yr old has little to worry about. An "average" one by unhealthy American standards might have a lot to worry about.
    My "poor" health is not poor for an average 50-year-old. Most notably, I've never had surgery, never had a major physical health problem, and am only on medication for high blood pressure at the moment. My BMI, while not ideal, is below 30. I have enough physical fitness to do 5-6 mile hikes, though I'm not doing it much these days.

Most people around 50 who die of COVID have either major ongoing health issues, or are obese. However, there are some unlucky ones who don't have major health issues and aren't fat, but die anyway. This has fallen by about 90% when Delta gave way to Omicron.

It's a risk/reward/inconvenience equation. Am I willing to take the side effects from the vaccine (inconvenience) and the small risk of the vaccine, in exchange for the protection it gives me (reward) during a COVID-risky activity like the WSOP? Right now I'm leaning yes.

Load Metric
    It’s prom season. Everyone is sick post prom in our town.

You’d go to the store and you’d have some fraction with masks. Now everyone is suited up.

Platinum
    Load Metric

My "poor" health is not poor for an average 50-year-old. Most notably, I've never had surgery, never had a major physical health problem, and am only on medication for high blood pressure at the moment. My BMI, while not ideal, is below 30. I have enough physical fitness to do 5-6 mile hikes, though I'm not doing it much these days.

Most people around 50 who die of COVID have either major ongoing health issues, or are obese. However, there are some unlucky ones who don't have major health issues and aren't fat, but die anyway. This has fallen by about 90% when Delta gave way to Omicron.

It's a risk/reward/inconvenience equation. Am I willing to take the side effects from the vaccine (inconvenience) and the small risk of the vaccine, in exchange for the protection it gives me (reward) during a COVID-risky activity like the WSOP? Right now I'm leaning yes.
    How many times have you been sick in the past 5 years?

If you don't exercise and eat like shit, I don't care how obese you are or not, you are a typical American basically on their death bed if anything bad happens.

And body composition is almost as important as weight. There are tons of studies showing this especially as you age. I would recommend Peter Attia/Andrew Huberman podcasts to educate yourself.

Load Metric

Well?

Load Metric
    lol did anyone ever doubt that brainwashed druff wouldn't take tyne 4th safe and effective shot? he's TERRIFIED of covid

enjoy the GOUT, GERD, MYOCARDITIS, CLOTS AND AIDS

Comments

devidee: Donald Trump told him it was all good

JACKDANIELS: LOCK OF THE CENTURY

Load Metric

If you don't exercise and eat like shit, I don't care how obese you are or not, you are a typical American basically on their death bed if anything bad happens.

And body composition is almost as important as weight. There are tons of studies showing this especially as you age. I would recommend Peter Attia/Andrew Huberman podcasts to educate yourself.
    He's right.

A vaccination does little while sitting for 14 hours day, being 50 and weighIng 230+ while guzzling Pepsi and eating like shit.

You really are considering a shot that may flare up the gout and cripple you up before the WSOP?

PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

He's right.

A vaccination does little while sitting for 14 hours day, being 50 and weighIng 230+ while guzzling Pepsi and eating like shit.

You really are considering a shot that may flare up the gout and cripple you up before the WSOP?

Druff will still get sick. We can set up a pool.

My kid coaches high school baseball. He’s got the Covid right now. Headache. Body hurts. Feels crummy. No sniffles. Vaxed to the gills.

I’m next.

Thread Information