Page 780 of 791 FirstFirst ... 280680730770776777778779780781782783784790 ... LastLast
Results 15,581 to 15,600 of 15819

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

  1. #15581
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7524
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    45,724
    Blog Entries
    2
    Ben has either a cold or Omicron. Hard to tell.

    It's been mild so far. Of the 4 Omicron cases in his school over the past week, 2 were in his class, and one of his friends seems to have it as well (also from the same class) so obviously that raises the chance that he has Omicron.

    I'm not sick.

  2. #15582
    Iím sure Ben will be a model of strength and courage that you can look to for inspiration Druff. You will get thru this.

     
    Comments
      
      JACKDANIELS: #prayfortodd

  3. #15583
    Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

    This is because hospitals get paid more if they classify them as Covid cases, also collect 30k more for a death. Hmmm wonder why so many people died unnecessarily.
    How does this work? Who is paying "more" to hospitals? Insurance companies? Individuals in hospital out of pocket? Local, state or fed guvmint? Same question about collecting $30K, where does the $30k come from? What is your source for this information?

    If I were to be admitted to a hospital for something minor requiring just an overnight stay and I test covid positive, how many dollars can I expect to see on an itemized bill for the covid diagnosis on top of all the $ for the minor thing?

    Generally speaking, are hospitals businesses, companies, or corporations? Is it not the job of corporations, companies, and businesses to maximize profits?
    The Feds have been paying a shit ton out in medical costs to hospitals outside of those who have insurance even on top of what the insurance companies pay. Truth was it was seen as a backdoor way to try and crack the door to Medicare for all by having the govt offset all the increased costs associated with Covid especially as hospitals were obligated to treat all the damn illegals who got it plus the crowd who didnt have medicaid because their skin was the wrong color etc etc..

  4. #15584
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Iím sure Ben will be a model of strength and courage that you can look to for inspiration Druff. You will get thru this.
    Druff held on to his video baby monitors and is able to watch his son and gf from his panic room.

     
    Comments
      
      dwai:

  5. #15585
    Please pray for dwai.

     
    Comments
      
      country978: Dwai and Khalwat

  6. #15586
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Please pray for dwai.
    Is the cat out of the bag that dwai is in fact druffs 10 year old son?

  7. #15587
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Please pray for dwai.
    🙏

  8. #15588
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Ben has either a cold or Omicron. Hard to tell.

    It's been mild so far. Of the 4 Omicron cases in his school over the past week, 2 were in his class, and one of his friends seems to have it as well (also from the same class) so obviously that raises the chance that he has Omicron.

    I'm not sick.
    you may be ASYMPTOMATIC!!!!!!

     
    Comments
      
      The Boz: Only a 30% chance of that. Have to calculate the pot odds.
      
      JACKDANIELS: nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

  9. #15589
    So my wife's clinic is basically running at 50% capacity (on a good day) because all the staff are taking extended leave to "recover" from Covid. Interestingly, there is this 2 tier system where a lot of the people making over 65k/yr are just going to work sick and plugging through it (for a couple days at least, as it isn't really that bad for the vast majority) and everyone making under that amount is going on disability and milking it as long as they can, because they make about the same on disability as they do going to work.

    So all the doctors/PAs/NDs are having to do all the work the support staff is supposed to do.
    Last edited by Kalam; 01-12-2022 at 08:10 AM.

  10. #15590
    Gold Cerveza Fria's Avatar
    Reputation
    338
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,250
    So, I saw this article from Fortune.com this morning....

    Cannabis compounds stopped COVID virus from infecting human cells in lab study


    Full article here: https://fortune.com/2022/01/12/canna...lls-lab-study/

    Cliffs:

    1) Cannabis compounds prevented the virus that causes COVID-19 from penetrating healthy human cells, according to a laboratory study published in the Journal of Nature Products.
    2) The two compounds commonly found in hemp ó called cannabigerolic acid, or CBGA, and cannabidiolic acid, or CBDA ó were identified during a chemical screening effort as having potential to combat coronavirus, researchers from Oregon State University said. In the study, they bound to spike proteins found on the virus and blocked a step the pathogen uses to infect people.

    The researchers tested the compoundsí effect against alpha and beta variants of the virus in a laboratory. The study didnít involve giving the supplements to people or comparing infection rates in those who use the compounds to those who donít.

     
    Comments
      
      country978: the best news!!
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

  11. #15591
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Please pray for dwai.
    Is the cat out of the bag that dwai is in fact druffs 10 year old son?
    I was concerned he wasn't posting.

    Combine that with the fact that Druff has covid in his house and Jack's family has it. Odds were not looking good for dwai being alive.

     
    Comments
      
      JACKDANIELS: rofl

  12. #15592
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    So, I saw this article from Fortune.com this morning....

    Cannabis compounds stopped COVID virus from infecting human cells in lab study


    Full article here: https://fortune.com/2022/01/12/canna...lls-lab-study/

    Cliffs:

    1) Cannabis compounds prevented the virus that causes COVID-19 from penetrating healthy human cells, according to a laboratory study published in the Journal of Nature Products.
    2) The two compounds commonly found in hemp ó called cannabigerolic acid, or CBGA, and cannabidiolic acid, or CBDA ó were identified during a chemical screening effort as having potential to combat coronavirus, researchers from Oregon State University said. In the study, they bound to spike proteins found on the virus and blocked a step the pathogen uses to infect people.

    The researchers tested the compoundsí effect against alpha and beta variants of the virus in a laboratory. The study didnít involve giving the supplements to people or comparing infection rates in those who use the compounds to those who donít.
    perhaps this would explain why I've gone through the entire 2 years as unfazed as anyone by what's happening around me; I smoke weed every day for medical reasons. Pretty sure I had mild delta after the vax but no chance I would ever take a voluntary test. Let's all celebrate this good news with 2 big bong rips!!

  13. #15593
    Gold Cerveza Fria's Avatar
    Reputation
    338
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    So, I saw this article from Fortune.com this morning....

    Cannabis compounds stopped COVID virus from infecting human cells in lab study


    Full article here: https://fortune.com/2022/01/12/canna...lls-lab-study/

    Cliffs:

    1) Cannabis compounds prevented the virus that causes COVID-19 from penetrating healthy human cells, according to a laboratory study published in the Journal of Nature Products.
    2) The two compounds commonly found in hemp — called cannabigerolic acid, or CBGA, and cannabidiolic acid, or CBDA — were identified during a chemical screening effort as having potential to combat coronavirus, researchers from Oregon State University said. In the study, they bound to spike proteins found on the virus and blocked a step the pathogen uses to infect people.

    The researchers tested the compounds’ effect against alpha and beta variants of the virus in a laboratory. The study didn’t involve giving the supplements to people or comparing infection rates in those who use the compounds to those who don’t.
    perhaps this would explain why I've gone through the entire 2 years as unfazed as anyone by what's happening around me; I smoke weed every day for medical reasons. Pretty sure I had mild delta after the vax but no chance I would ever take a voluntary test. Let's all celebrate this good news with 2 big bong rips!!
    I am jealous. Enjoy! I can't smoke weed anymore. I quit years ago, so I could run without hacking up a lung each time. I'm all about the gummies these days.

    Funny you mention it....several weeks ago, my daughter was in visiting from New York. She tested positive after hanging around the house for a few days. She tested positive twice. I tested negative both times, each several days apart. We both took the exact same home test. I was shocked. I was fully expecting to test positive as I had a runny nose and mild throat soreness and a slight headache for a couple of days. Maybe there is something to this.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

  14. #15594
    Might as well put me in charge, there ya go debate over.
    So pretty please with sugar on top wear a fucking mask.
    Name:  Walensky1.png
Views: 168
Size:  314.5 KB
    I was reading earlier that Becerra has reallocated over $2 billion from the nations strategic reserve of HC supplies to house unaccompanied minors at the border.
    What a circus.

  15. #15595
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Might as well put me in charge, there ya go debate over.
    So pretty please with sugar on top wear a fucking mask.
    Name:  Walensky1.png
Views: 168
Size:  314.5 KB
    I was reading earlier that Becerra has reallocated over $2 billion from the nations strategic reserve of HC supplies to house unaccompanied minors at the border.
    What a circus.
    Dr. Fauci just said everyone is getting this. If this is true then what is the point in trying to avoid it any longer? I'm happy for Druff and family for getting this now instead of one of the earlier strains. Just get it over with and get well. I've had it all around me but have had no symptoms. I urge everyone to refuse testing for themselves and their children unless its an emergency. It is way past time to normalize the schools.

  16. #15596
    Ready for some fear porn.

    Name:  FearPorn.JPG
Views: 142
Size:  230.0 KB

  17. #15597

  18. #15598
    Platinum splitthis's Avatar
    Reputation
    675
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At the Metroparks
    Posts
    3,674
    Name:  8-FCB489-B-BB2-E-4-B7-E-ABB3-C98-CB27471-A5.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  93.0 KB
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  19. #15599

  20. #15600
    Was just coming in to say I've seen a number of pieces of data showing Omicron is PEAKING now in several US major metros and also in some Canadian provinces.

    This ain't your father's coronavirus...this sucker is gonna fall FAST for a while now...

    EDIT: Actual US peak may have been Jan. 6, 2022. Most influential model (U of Washington model) estimated it would be Jan. 19, 2022.

    So this thing comes in for a few weeks and is ALREADY running out of people to infect. That is tremendous as Omicron infection protects against Delta.

    Expect the MSM to start talking about this (using terms like "glimmer of hope" and "cautiously optimistic") when it's bloody obvious we're crashing over the other side of the mountain. Dey so dumb.
    Last edited by Forum Wars; 01-12-2022 at 08:57 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 15 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 15 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Going to kill the next person...
    By SetofKs in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-19-2018, 12:05 AM
  2. DID BOVADA JUST KILL ALL LHE ABOVE 3-6?
    By SetofKs in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-05-2018, 04:55 PM
  3. So if you were going to kill yourself...
    By BetCheckBet in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-05-2017, 11:28 PM
  4. Kill this whitey
    By Pooh in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 03-30-2014, 03:13 PM
  5. KILL WILL
    By Yebsite in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 04:36 PM

Tags for this Thread